only human | k. parker ✓

By sturnsxo

"Oh come on, I know you love me Rora" "That's the very last emotion I feel for you" - "I love you, Kai" "Too... More

cover
cast
playlist
before you read
part I - the prison world
intro
1. don't call me that
2. i'm just like you
3. stuck with me
4. in this together
5. damn you, kai parker
6. two can play that game
7. am i broken
8. you saved my life
9. you wish
10. happy thanksgiving
11. we're trapped, it's over
12. old memories
13. lets forget it happened
14. the lion and the lamb
15. the way out
16. the island
17. where the hell are they
18. merry christmas
part II - the real world
19. welcome home
20. living a lie
21. happy new year
22. rescuing elena
23. the merge
24. the truth
26. liz's funeral
27. people grieve differently
28. 1903 prison world
29. betrayals and kidnappings
30. liz forbes' letters
31. what is love
32. the wedding; part one
33. the wedding; part two
34. its been four years
35. the return
36. time for another wedding
37. all is well
38. next chapter

25. no good at goodbyes

131 1 0
By sturnsxo

Aurora left Kai's apartment late last night, after declaring the status of their relationship, she stayed around and helped him figure his phone out more since he was still confused on how it worked, as well as the televisions these days, since according to Kai there as 'a million different channels now'

After it started getting late, and her phone blowing up from the likes of Elena, Damon, Bonnie, Caroline, even Enzo sent her a text.

Elena
Where are you??

Seriously Aurora where are you??

Are you with Kai???

Answer me

Damon
Are you with that Little Juice Box Sucking Freak

Elena and I heard you guys. We know you were there.

He disappears and so do you.

Bonnie
Where are you??

Tell me you're okay

I can't locate you

Are you with Kai???

Caroline
Mom's getting worst, but we have to hope for the best.

I don't know where you are, so I wanted to updated you.

Enzo
Up for that talk now?

She replied to everyone that she was fine, she thanked Caroline for the update and she'd be dropping by later today to check on her again, and she hovered over the keyboard looking at Enzo's message, 'Yeah, let's talk' she typed out the reply, reading the message over and over again, wondering if she should say more, or say no, or even just ignore the message completely.

Her and Enzo did have to talk, but she wasn't even sure what to talk to him about. The relationship? That was way over, they've both moved on, and times were different then, this is now. She sent the message before putting her phone back in her pocket, disregarding it all together, waiting for Enzo to reply. Though she wasn't 100% ready for her talk with him, she knew it had to happen, sooner or later, and she hoped for sooner, that way she it would be over and done with and she wouldn't have to think about it anymore.

...

Aurora sat in the Grill, reading a book, she hoped none of her friends would walk in, but knowing Damon and Alaric, one of them would be at the bar, they'd either both be there. Aurora didn't want to run into either of them, or any of her friends to be honest. She was definitely in trouble with them, it no longer being a secret about her friendship with Kai. No that it's a friendship anymore, not that they know that.

They already seem pissed about her friendship with Kai, but if they found out she was in a relationship with him, along with the other things they did in the prison world, she'd lose them all. Even though she isn't the first of her friends to make a 'bad' decision on who they sleep with or have a relationship with. Almost all her male friends with Rebekah, Caroline with Klaus, even Stefan and Damon with Katherine.

None of them were ever scolded by the others for their 'poor decision making' everyone just accepted it and moved on. But since it's Aurora, the baby of the group, the sweet and innocent, it all suddenly becomes a problem. It infuriates Aurora, that she's held at such high standards, on this pedestal, not allowed to make a single bad choice in her life, whereas her friends have been able to make plenty.

Like for one, Caroline with feeding their mother vampire blood. Aurora loves her sister, and she really doesn't want her mother to die, and she appreciated Caroline for trying to cure their mother, but did she really think vampire blood would work? A thousand years of vampires and there wasn't a single word of wind about it curing cancer. Vampire blood may of been magical, but not curing cancer magical.

Aurora felt she had grown up fast, she was only 15 when the Salvatore's came into town, Damon started dating her sister, Stefan and Elena dated, then before she knew it, she discovered her supernatural history, her sister was a vampire and Original unkillable vampires exist. Oh! And these Traveller witches and actual immortal beings who can't be killed.

With all that in her life, Aurora had to adapt and grow up quickly, she had to learn how to defend herself, and thanks to karate lessons as a kid, and some help from Alaric and Bonnie, she was able to defend herself physically and mentally. Bonnie helped her keep her siphoning in check, and how to use it to her advantage if she's ever cornered by a vampire or werewolf and needs an escape plan.

"Good. You're here" Damon's voice spoke, breaking Aurora's attention off her book and up towards him where he stood grinning down at her. She huffs and goes to leave but he blocks her way, "Ah ah ah" Damon shakes his head, "Sit" he ordered, pointing back to her seat. She was in no mood to get lectured by him, and she couldn't escape from him. The Grill was full of people and she couldn't expose the supernatural secret to them, so she complied and sat down, Damon sat across from her in the booth.

"What do you want?" Aurora asked him, she felt like she was a kid getting in trouble, like she was back in elementary school in the principal's office after she punched a kid once for making fun of her bushy hair. After that day, she kept her head down and away from everyone, which led to the likes of Kimberley Fell making fun of her, knowing Aurora wouldn't fight back or she'd be the one in the trouble meanwhile Kimberley gets off scott free.

"I wanna talk" Damon states, folding his hands on the table in front of him, a lot like her old principal did when he was about to scold her and state there was a no violence tolerance at their school. Aurora was getting a sense of déjà vu. "Why are you here? In town, shouldn't you be with Elena?" Aurora narrows her eyes at him, "I was helping your Mom, closing some cases, and I came here for a drink before I went back to her, and here I see you through the window, and thought why not" he replied, grinning.

"You're an epic dick, what do you want?" she snapped, she didn't want him to play all friendly to then snap and scold her like she's a child and can't make her old decisions. "Woah" he raises his hands up in defense, "Why so hostile?" he questions, Aurora rolled her eyes, "I'm not, I just don't wanna talk to you" she replied, Damon scoffs, "Why not. We used to talk all the time" he states, "If you're gonna yell at me like some Dad, get it over with" she snapped, fed up with his nice act. She knows the act, the person plays nice, pretending to be your friend to throw you off, then boom, all the scolding comes into play.

"Caught me" Damon smirked, "He's not a good guy, Aurora" he states, she sighs and rolls her eyes, she knew Kai wasn't a good guy, that he's killed people, and isn't a good person, but all of her friends have gone dark at least once in their lives, some more than others. Taking innocent lives, manipulating people around them, putting on a fake facade, she's seen it all before. She knows Kai isn't like them, he likes the way he is, he likes being the bad guy, but Aurora has always been like a guy with a sense of danger. She dated Enzo for God's sake, and he attempted to kill Damon, her best friend, loads of times.

"I know" she replies, blandly, "Then why are you always sticking up for him? Defending him? He killed Luke, though I don't think you even like him, but–" he starts, "I liked Luke. We just didn't see eye to eye most of the time because of you guys using him and Liv like monkeys" she cuts him off, "Right, he killed Luke, tried to kill Liv, your bestie, or ex bestie now. He tried to kill Jo and he kidnapped Elena" Damon lists, "You're telling me this stuff as if I don't know what he's done? I was trapped longer with him than you and Bonnie, it was a few days for you. For me? It was weeks. I know what he's capable of" she snaps.

"Hmm right, onto that. What did happen in the prison world, Rory? Care to share?" Damon asks, "None of your business" she smiled sweetly, "See, as your friend, it is my business. Seeing if I need to kick his ass for hurting you" Damon replies, matching her sweet smile. Aurora shakes her head, "Nothing happened that I couldn't handle" she stated, "So, you did the ass kicking?" he asks, Aurora hums and shrugs her shoulders, "Maybe, it's not like he could've hurt me with magic, there was nothing to siphon. It was all mind games, and he got into my head just as much as I got into his"

"So why are you friends with him? Not everyone is good" he repeats, "I should know, I'm friends with you" Aurora states, "How many times has Elena forgiven you? You killed Jeremy, you fed her vampire blood, you killed Aaron, you slept and turned her mother into a vampire. Should I go on?" she said to him. She was playing a dangerous game with him, she knew he wasn't like that anymore, even though the Aaron thing was only last year, if he was going to bring up Kai being a bad guy and list all his flaws, then Aurora would do the same back to him.

"You really wanna go there?" he questioned, "I already did" she replied, leaning forward on the table, he hums and cocks his head to the side, "Okay" he simply states, "Aurora Crawford-Forbes, dated Tyler Lockwood, to then lose him to Vicki Donovan, killed Matthew Donovan–" he starts, "That was an accident, and he had the Gilbert Ring on" she cuts him off, "He forgave me. He knew it was an accident" she adds, "Just like me killing Jeremy" Damon states, "You killed him because you were pissed off" she snaps at him, "So were you" he retorts.

"Anywho, dated Enzo, even though he tried killing all of us, but I guess that's your type. Then he turned his humanity off, because he didn't care about you" Damon says, "Shut up" she states, "He didn't want to be around you and took the easy way" he goes on, Aurora glares at him, "Shut up" she says again, "Oh, I'm not done" Damon says, "And the icing on the cake, is befriending a sociopathic murderer" he concludes, "Which one? You? Stefan? Enzo? Klaus?" she asks.

"Oh right! And Klaus, how could I forget that" Damon says sarcastically, Aurora rolls her eyes, she wishes she never brought up Klaus. They were sorta friends, Klaus befriended her and often asked about Caroline, Aurora reckons he was only nice to her so Caroline would notice him. But, his fake friendship did turn out to be genuine, since before he left for New Orleans, he told her she'd always be welcome there, and to pop by whenever she eventually went there.

"Go to hell" Aurora tells Damon, gathering her things and storming out the Grill, her blood was fuming, she felt like she was in an argument with Kai in the prison world, which always resulted in one of them storming away, or things breaking. Aurora wanted to break something, but considering she was in a very public place, she collected herself, controlled her breathing and left. She had calmed down, when she bumped into someone, dropping the book onto the pavement.

Aurora fussed an apology, telling them she wasn't watching where she was going, and in response, she heard a scoff, followed by a mocking giggle. Aurora looked up to see Kimberley Fell. "Never mind, I take my apology back" Aurora states, "Either way, you weren't forgiven. Watch where you're going" she shoves past, Aurora shakes her head and spins on her heel to Kimberley who had walked up, "You're still doing this?" she scoffed, Kimberley stopped walking and turned back around to face Aurora.

"Doing what?" she replied, confused, crossing her arms, while tapping her heeled foot on the concrete, "This stupid rivalry, what are we 10?" she snaps, Kimberley scoffs and walks forward, "Yeah, we are. I like torturing you" Kimberley states, "Why?" Aurora asked, "Brings me joy, seeing you crash and burn by my words. You make it so easy" she replies, smirking. "You're a bitch" Aurora snaps, "Takes one to know one" Kimberley retorts, "I'm gonna kick your ass" Aurora sneers, "Oh really?" Kimberley asks mockingly looking at Aurora, "Yeah" Aurora replies.

Kimberley scoffs, "Please, it's been over 10 years and you've never done anything before, what makes you think you can beat me?" she crosses her arms, "You don't know what I can do" Aurora retorts, she may not have magic, but she knows how to defend herself. "I know what you can't do. Beat me. I'll knock you on your ass before you even blink" Kimberley sneers, stepping closer to Aurora. "You wanna hit me? Go ahead, hit me with your best shot" she smirks.

Before Aurora had a chance at launching at Kimberley, "Now, there's no need for violence" both girls look to see Enzo, "Who are you?" Kimberley rolls her eyes, "Her knight and shining armor?" she fake pouts, nodding her head at Aurora, "No, she doesn't need me anymore. I'm just the guy preventing a bloodbath from happening, as much as I love one, it's not going to be over you" he replies, before Kimberley could reply with another snarky comment, Enzo speaks, "Leave, forget this conversation happened, you never ran into Aurora or me" he compels her.

Kimberley blinks and continues in her strides, not sparing a second glance back at Aurora or Enzo, who she was now looking at. She hadn't stopped looking at him since his arrival. "Stalking me now?" she questioned, "Just observing, keeping an eye on you" he replies, a small smirk appearing on his face,

"Rough day huh Aurora?" a male voice says that makes Aurora's blood run cold. She turns around and notices a boy, probably just a few years older than herself, grinning her way. He had dark brown hair and bright blue eyes, with a tint of grey in them. Aurora's heart was beating out her chest at this stranger. "Who the hell are you?" she speaks out, a rush of confidence overtaking her. He walks towards her, clearly thinking she'll back up, but she stood her ground, not wanting him to know he intimates her.

"I'm Kai nice too meet you" he says extending his hand out for her to shake. She doesn't shake his hand though, instead just stares down at it. She didn't know where that had been. He scoffs and puts his hand back down to his side, "Didn't know people nowadays were so rude" he says to himself. Aurora obviously heard him though. "How'd you get here? Why are you here?" she asks him. He responds by rolling his eyes, "So many questions, but no answers for free" he says mockingly.

Aurora looks around in hopes maybe Damon or Bonnie followed her, but she was alone with this stranger, whom she knew nothing about. "Damon and Bonnie aren't around if that's what you're looking for" he says a grin coming across his face. Confusion comes across her face as how he knew that, "How do you know our names?" she says taking a few steps back wanting to keep her distance from him. "Been watching you guys for months, you guys are my only source of entertainment" he says trailing off.

Aurora crosses her arms, staring him down, "You've been stalking us" she says narrowing her eyes at him. Kai laughs, "Not stalking, more like observing" he says moving his head to the side.

"I don't need you watching over me, I can look out for myself" she retorts, "Clearly, you do, otherwise you would've been in a very big mess if I didn't step in" he replies, "Why did you?" she questioned, "Because, we needed to talk and I'd rather do it face to face and not face to face between bars" he states, "My Mom's the Sheriff, I wouldn't get locked up" Aurora says, the deputies knew her, she could almost get away with anything. "Doesn't mean she can't break the law for you" he retorts.

"What are you even doing here?" she huffed annoyed, no at him, even if she should be, she was annoyed at Damon, he had got her riled up before, and she just wanted to throw punches. She wished Enzo didn't stop her from attacking Kimberley, that girl deserved it, torturing Aurora for years. "We needed to talk" he states, "You could've texted first and not just sprung up on me" she replied, he shrugs his shoulders, "If I remember, you always were a spur of the moment girl" he comments, "Don't do that" she tells him, with his confused look, she continues on, "Don't make comments about our relationship, we're different people now, who want different things, and I don't wanna think back on the past"

"Can't just act like we didn't happen" Enzo says, "Yes. I can" Aurora firmly states, "You closed the door on us. You broke up with me, remember?" she adds, "My humanity was off" he cuts in, Aurora playfully scoffs and rolls her eyes, "Man, I've heard that before, from Damon, Stefan, even Elena, using it as some excuse to make me forget of the horrible things they did" she states, Enzo matched her eye roll from before, "Incase you didn't realize, I'm not them" he says, "I know" she replies, "But you're all vampires, and you all use the same shitty excuse like you were a different person"

"It's because we are!' he shouts, "It's the worst part of us, we don't give a damn about anything or anything, except ourselves" Aurora narrows her eyes at him, "Yeah, I got that" she sneers, "Why are you fighting me? Why did you try to fight Kimberley Fell? We're supposed to be having a nice civil conversation?" he questions, Aurora scoffs, "Okay one, I tried fighting that bitch Kimberley, because she had it coming. And two, we are talking" she crossed her arms. "We're not talking, we're arguing" Enzo argues back.

"We are having a conversation, not civil, but a conversation" Aurora snaps, before Enzo could reply, her phone rings, "One second" she says to him, not letting him reply again, as she gets her phone out her pocket to see Damon's name flashing on the screen. "What" she snaps picking up, the next few seconds, or minutes, Aurora isn't sure, she completely lost count and his words became blurry. Aurora's phone dropped from her grasp, smashing to the floor, she dropped to the ground, tears flooding down her face.

Before she hit the ground, Enzo grabbed her and went down with her, holding her tightly around the waist. Having listened to the conversation, he held her into his chest and she cried and soaked his shirt with her tears. She couldn't remember why she was angry at Enzo, everything before the phone call had been forgotten by her, Enzo didn't mind that he was comforting her, it was almost like old times. Aurora will never forget those three words Damon Salvatore told her, they would forever be etched into her brain

"Your Mom's gone"

...
Authors Note
RIP Liz Forbes </3

Aurora's already going through a lot and now she's just lost her Mom :( Will she ever catch a break (Answers no)

Thanks for reading :) Vote and comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 3K 32
CHAOS ━ ❝Whatever their souls are made of, his and hers are the same.❞ Based on The Vampire Diaries Series (Season 5-6) Completed ✓ A "Light 'Em Up S...
1.7M 62.6K 46
"ʷʰᵉⁿ ⁱ ʷⁱⁿ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ, ⁱᵗ ʷᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵇᵉ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵃⁿʸ ᵗʳⁱᶜᵏᵉʳʸ. ⁱᵗ'ˡˡ ᵇᵉ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵐᵉ„
15.1K 306 29
Rain Specter sweet girl, Kai Parker mischievous boy, what happens when the two meet? How much can a person really change you? (Kai & OC)
15.2K 437 12
"𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐲" tvd || season...