Whatever it Takes (Fate/Grand...

By JeanCrest8

Everything seemed normal again. Jean was living in Ireland, happily married and with a kid. However, she had... More

Prologue
Ch. 1: Chaldea's Last Master
Ch. 2: A Day Out
Ch. 3: Amends
Ch. 5: Travelling
Ch. 6: Tiamat
Ch. 7: Plans
Ch. 8: Ishtar
Ch. 9: Battle Wounds
Ch. 10: Layers of the Heart
Ch. 11: The King is Dead
Ch. 12: The Knight
Ch. 13: Time Is A Fickle Thing
Ch. 14: Confrontation
Ch. 15: Ideals and Wishes
Ch. 16: The Knight's Wish
Ch. 17: The Will
Ch. 18: Heroes Clash
Ch. 19: Noble Phantasm
Ch. 20: Uruk's Last Stand
Ch. 21: The Battle for the Underworld
Ch. 22: Forgiven
Ch. 23: Goodbye's Aren't Forever
Epilogue: The Journey
A/N It is done!!

Ch. 4: Kutha

374 11 0
By JeanCrest8

The male's red eyes look towards a red-haired female as he recovered from a blow. Her magic circuits shined on her body, leaving a faint blue glow on her skin. His look latched onto the female's arm, his eyes widening slightly at the cracks on her magic circuits. "Using your magic circuits to give you a power boost when you have no mana left. Mongrel, don't you realise you're damaging them in the process?!"

Jean took in a deep breath, "If me losing my magic means that you won't win, then I'll happily lose it."

Red eyes blinked open, the memory of one of his Servant's fading away as he woke up. "My King, are you alright?" Siduri's soothing voice was heard as she entered the throne room. A small concerned look fell upon her face as she looked at him.

"Yes, Siduri. I do believe that I am slowly realising why she hates me so much," he stood up, and walked behind his throne. He could see three forms standing below him, one of them making the other land hard on his back.

A groan left the black-haired male as he landed flat on his back, his Servant looking towards him with worry. The red-haired female in front of him let out a slightly annoyed sigh as she sent him an unimpressed and irritated look. "Come on," she held her hand out to him. "Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if your worse than Emiya..." she mumbled to herself as she pulled him up on his feet. "Try again," Jean took a couple of steps back from the Master.

Fujimaru held a determined look on his face as he charged towards the female once more. Her blue eyes flickered up to the Ziggurat as she felt the king's stare. Red and blue met for a second as Fujimaru charged towards the female. Jean grabbed onto his wrist as he tried to punch her. Her stare with the king broke as she bent his arm back, his knees buckled beneath him as she kicked at them from behind. After a few seconds, she lets him go. Fujimaru landed face first into the ground before turning to lay on his back. He breathed heavy from the long workout, "When you said that training was going to be hard, I wasn't expecting it to be this hard."

"That's it for today, you should rest up. I heard that Gilgamesh was planning to send you on another mission tomorrow, you'll need your strength.

<><><><><>

"Dad! There's someone at the door!"

Aoi's voice echoed throughout the mostly empty house. Her father walked out of the kitchen to the door where his daughter was. She held the door open and the person on the other side made the male frown slightly. His eyes narrowed as he quickly recognised the black and orange uniform of a Chaldean officer. "Aoi, go upstairs to your room, please," he said as he walked closer to the door.

Aoi nodded before heading up the stairs, but she stayed next to the top of the stairway. Her childish curiousity overcoming her as she listened in on the conversation. "What do you want?" Diarmuid asked as he leaned on the door. His hand gripped onto the doorknob, ready to close the door on the officer at anytime.

The officer changed his footing slightly, his gaze casted downwards as he tried his best to avoid the ex-Servant's gaze. "Umm—She—they—Dr. Romani has asked me to check up on you and see how you were doing?"

Diarmuid's grip on the doorknob tightened and his stare turned to a glare. It would be an understatement to say that he was upset. It had been months since Jean's death and they just now question how they were doing? They hadn't done anything when she had died, simply sending her body in a casket and with a single rose. "We're fine," he stated before going to close the door.

"Wait!" The officer looked up and quickly put his foot in the way of the door. "I'm also supposed to ask if you had any words you would've liked to say before Mrs. Jean died. We found a way to contact her—"

Diarmuid swung open the door, his glare gone and his grip on the door light as he looked at the officer. Slight hope was in his golden eyes as he spoke, "She was summoned?" He asked, quickly coming to the only conclusion possible. The Chaldean officer backed up from the surprise of how quickly the male opened the door.

"Uh—yeah. She was summoned in the last singularity by King Gilgamesh."

The hope fell from his eyes and his grip on the doorknob tightened at the blonde kings name. 'Of course he's back. We can't even go a few years without hearing that name...' he thought before looking up at the officer with a determined look. "Where is she?"

<><><><><>

"Guard duty? Seriously..." Jean mumbled as she looked at the group a little ways away from her. The group sat around a fire, Fou and Mash running around while Fujimaru and Merlin talked. Ana sat not too far away from the group, but preferred to be alone. The red-haired girl stayed a long ways away from them, her sword stuck in the ground next to her.

She was ordered by Gilgamesh to watched the group from a safe distance, making sure that they didn't run into too many demonic beasts on their way to Kutha. The small group was headed there to get Gilgamesh's Tablet of Destinies. Something he had written on his way back from the underworld.

Jean perked up when she heard the sound of growling a few feet away, she turned towards the demonic beasts. Her eyes held a cold glare as she looked at them. "Time to go back to work," she mumbled as she grabbed the hilt of her sword. The black-clad Servant charged towards the small group of beasts. She quickly slashed at them in their vital points, taking care of them swiftly.

When the last one fell, she took her seat back on a rock that overlooked Fujimaru's campsite. Her sword disappeared in a blue mist, "There's not many beasts thankfully. But the ones that are here are easy to kill," she looked up towards the stars in the sky. She closed her eyes, her body relaxing as she let out a deep breath.

Jean stood outside the city of Kutha on a ledge, the sun was setting which meant that the group should probably move soon. She swung her legs slightly as she waited for the group to be done with their mission. 'It's odd that they're aren't any demonic beasts nearby, and there's this weird energy in the air...' she thought. A small frown was on her face as she looked at the city. 'There's something strange about this city, then again I should've known that from what Leonidas had told me. A city that had died with no explanation.'

The red-haired girl let out a small sigh, as she closed her eyes. "Okay, time for the routine check up," she muttered. 'Merlin's to the east, Ana is still in the south, Mash is in the west but seems to be going north slightly, seeming to be going closer to Fujimaru—wait,' the girls eyes opened wide. "Where's Fujimaru?!" She stood up quickly before rushing towards the city. "I don't sense him or Fou!"

Jean rushed through the entrance of Kutha, rushing past buildings as she headed to where she last sensed Fujimaru. She stopped where she was, her eyes darting around the city to try and find the Master. It only took a matter of minutes before the group came to find Fujimaru as well. "Mrs. Jean? I thought you were still in Uruk," Mash said as she came up to the older female.

"Gilgamesh had asked me to make sure that you have safe travels here and back. However, I can't seem to find Fujimaru," she replied, turning back towards the area he once was. "I can't sense him anywhe—never mind. I take that back," Jean turned where the courtyard was, quickly rushing over to the area. Fujimaru laid in the middle of the area clutching onto a stone tablet as Fou barked next to him.

"Senpai!" Mash rushed towards him as he was beginning to wake up. "Are you alright?!"

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine. Why? What happened?" He questioned, completely oblivious to what happened.

Jean let out a sigh of relief before explaining. "I couldn't sense you anywhere. Where were you?" She asked.

"The underworld I guess. They weren't kidding when they said that this place was close to to it."

"I take that thing you are holding is the tablet of destinies?" Merlin spoke, pointing towards the tablet that Fujimaru was still clutching onto.

"Huh?" He looked down at his hands, finally realising that he was holding it. "Wh-Where did this come from?!"

"No time to talk about it, enemy Servant coming in!" Romani spoke, warning the group just as a herd of spells started to rain down on them. Mash went in front of Fujimaru and the group, blocking the spells.

"So this is where you've been? You are certainly creepy for snooping on a goddess on her day off," the groups eyes widened at the familiar voice. The group looked into the sky to see Ishtar with one of her hands on her boat.

"What? Are you upset that we found out that you were a gem thief?" Merlin asked, a teasing tone in his voice.

"Is now really the best time to tease her, Merlin?" Jean questioned towards the mage, a small glare on her face that easily told him to be quiet.

"Gem thief?! I am no such thing! I simply wanted payment for saving those foolish humans. If I had saved them for free than humanity would've become corrupted all over again!" She replied, crossing her arms with a stern look as she spoke. "Now, I will take what you have in your hands as compensation for making me look silly in front of the citizens of this time!" She held out her hand, her boat stretched to make a blue light that looked similar to an arrow appear.

"Wait, we don't want to fight you!" Fujimaru spoke, trying to knock some sense into the black-haired female.

"You really think that she's going to listen to you?" Jean ran in front of the group with her sword, a sharp look in her eye as she got ready to deflect any attacks that would be headed their way. The blue light was shot towards the group, making everyone dodge as the shot was too big to deflect.

"I'll show no mercy to you!" Ishtar spoke as she charged towards Fujimaru. Mash got in the way, a kick that was aimed at Fujimaru meeting with her shield. The pink-haired Servant struggled under the pressure as Ishtar started attack relentlessly until she found an opening. Mash flew into a wall as Ishtar landed next to the Master, a smirk on her face.

"Stay back you idiot!" Jean yelled as she pushed Fujimaru away, meeting a strike from Ishtar with a spear. The red-haired female gritted her teeth, a glare on her face as she started to exchange blows with the Rin look-alike. She dropped her spear, her body glowing in blue magic circuits as she fought with Ishtar in close combat. Ishtar jumped up, flying away from the one-on-one with a laugh.

"You can't fly so how do you expect to beat me?" She questioned, a victorious smile on her face.

Jean smirked, "You're not the first flying enemy I've encountered," she replied. She fisted her right hand, a silver chain appearing on Ishtar's ankle to connect her with the ground. A few other chains were connected to the buildings, giving Jean the advantage she needed. Her outfit faded into a short black and pink suit with thigh-high boots. A long black and pink glove on her left hand and a small one on her right. She held two daggers that was connected to chains and her hair fell down her back. Her smirk grew bigger as she jumped onto one of the chains before shooting forwards towards the goddess.

Ishtar frowned, shooting up into the sky as best as she could and pointing a hand towards the female. A shadow was cast over her, blocking the sun and she froze. Jean didn't take the chance of her regaining her thoughts and kicked the woman into the ground. The black-haired goddess looked up slightly in the rubble before falling unconscious. "She's not stirring at all," Mash commented as the chains around the city disappeared, Jean's battle outfit faded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 118 10
This is a combined story of Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night put together into one. Y/n L/n is an average kid who is new to the Mage's Association with...
16.6K 545 21
Jean Tohsaka is the eldest daughter of Tokiomi and Aoi Tohsaka. When her father enters the war, she stays in hiding with the rest of her family. That...
87.7K 1.7K 28
A lone soul trapped in the void, the concept of time has no meaning here. In its desperation, it merged with a crack in reality and it granted it the...
34.5K 530 44
Silva, your name, and the only precious thing you remember. Waking from a centuries-long slumber with scattered memories and a burning hatred of huma...