Nightfall {An Azriel (ACOTAR)...

By Ink-insomnia

Heart Evangelina - The oldest of the Archerone sisters, but not a sister at all at the same time. Having led... More

ORIGINAL CHARACTER- I
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Epilogue
Bonus chapter

Chapter 25

1.5K 60 10
By Ink-insomnia

Pippor had made it clear that he was going to cure Nyx this time and nobody could argue with him after he covered his ears and shut his eyes tightly. At last, Heart sighed and dragged him out from under the bed by his ear. He yelped but stood quietly as she lectured him about how important it is to be patient during this process.

"But Nyx is so much better now!" He protested.

Heart said, "Yes, Pip. It's because you were patient. We might need to-"

"No!" Pip shook his head and his parents noticed tears roll down his cheeks. "I am going to cure him!"

"Pip." Heart said softly and kneeled in front of him. "Nyx is okay. He is going to recover quickly."

Azriel added, "And if we take it steady he will be better than ever."

They assured him for a long time but he kept insisting that he wanted to do the most. It reminded Azriel of the time he spent in Velaris while Rhysand was under the mountain. He had felt so helpless and the need to help his brother was eating away at him. He did not want to know what he would do if he had that feeling when he was small child.

Heart cradled him in her lap, mumbled smoothly, and rubbed his back as he sobbed in the crook of her neck. Azriel, desperate to provide some comfort, looked at Heart with an alarmed expression that screamed, 'What do I do?'

She beckoned him forward so he stepped towards them and ruffled Pip's hair. "Do you want to buy more colors?" She said to Pip and he shook his head.

Azriel frowned with worry, "Why don't you show me the drawings you have made already? I haven't seen a single one."

Pip pulled away from his mother and rubbed his eye. He looked up at Azriel with wet eyes and a red face. "I will show them to you tomorrow." Pressing his cheek against Heart's chest, he mumbled, "I don't want to be away from Mum."

The shadowsinger smiled softly, "Okay. Can I stay with you two?"

Pip nodded so he situated himself behind Heart and wrapped his arms around both of them. After some time, Pip called out to him, "Do you have a brother?"

Azriel mumbled back, "I have Rhys and Cassian. We have been together since we were very young."

"What did you do when they got hurt?" Pip asked.

"Well-" Azriel thought for a second, "-Cassian always just dusted himself off and laughed about it. Rhys might take the injury seriously and see a medic. I was very scrawny so I was the one getting hurt mostly." A smile ghosted his lips at the memories. "Cassian used to beat me up. All the time. But that only made me a better warrior and he didn't mean to cause actual harm so I forgive him."

Pip listened carefully and then asked, "What about a sister?"

"I'd say Feyre is like a sister to me." Azriel speculated. "But we haven't known each other for a long time."

Pip was silent for a very long time after that and his parents exchange curiously glances. He stuck his chin out and looked up at both of them, "I want to know a sister since I am very young."

Heart froze.

Azriel grinned, "Sure. We can arrange that."

He immediately got elbowed for that. Heart cupped Pip's face, "It takes a very long time to have a sister, Pip. And besides, you have Nyx."

Pip pondered, "But-" this time unfortunately his quick brain couldn't find a reason for a sibling so he went back to his request, "I just want a sister."

Azriel comforted him, "We will think about it, okay?"

Pip nodded vigorously, "Yes. Then she can train with Aunty Mor. She's the best teacher."

Heart raised her eyebrows, "Have you been training?"

"A little. I don't like fighting much. I love my coloring books more." He shrugged. "But Aunt Mor is super fast and Aunt Feyre once kicked uncle Rhys in the face so hard his nose was bleeding."

Azriel snorted but stopped himself from outright laughing at that. He squished Pip's cheek, "We will see if we can get you a sister. It's all up to your mother."

Pip turned to his mother, "Can I have a sister who punches everyone I hate?"

Heart rolled her eyes, "I'm sure your father would do that too but a sister......." She trailed off. "I'm sure we can think of something." She patted his cheek and Pip lit up.

"You must think very long and hard, Mum." He said with the utmost seriousness. "This is very important to me."

"I know, darling." Heart kissed his cheek and set him down. "We will do everything we can."

"Thank you." He smiled and tugged on his shoes.

"Where are you running off to now?" Azriel raised his eyebrows.

"I cried and now my throat hurts, shadow man." He bounced on his feet. "I will drink some water and then I'm going to see Nyx because he makes me happy."

Heart laughed, "Okay, but don't run inside the house."

Pip promised but started running as soon as he stepped out of the room. Heart sighed at the sound of his footsteps but her attention was soon caught by her name who flipped her over on the bed.

She yelped, "Mother above! Don't do that!"

He grinned at her, "I was just asking you about Pip having a sister."

Heart rolled her eyes, "Fae hardly ever get pregnant."

"But they do." He smiled. "We might have to wait for another fifty years, but he can have a sister one day."

Heart took a deep breath and contemplated, "Maybe one day. Pregnancies are......" She trailed off. "They are painful and lengthy. I have much to do yet." She said.

Azriel's features softened, "If you don't want to, we don't have to have another child. I was just joking." He caressed her cheek. "I know it must be a very difficult subject for you." He did not want to bring up her past at the moment so he kissed her forehead and laid his head on her chest.

She kissed the top of her head and ruffled her hair. "I wouldn't be comfortable about that for a long time, probably never. I think Pip is a handful."

Azriel smiled faintly, "He can be a lot. It's really not my place to say whether or not we can have another child. I'm happy with the two of you."

She hummed and pursed her lips. Heart's body was pressed under Azriel's and she sighed. "We grateful for you too. Mostly because you're too heavy."

Azriel frowned, "What?"

She rolled her shoulders when he looked up at her, "My muscles get so stiff and having your weight on me is the best feeling ever." She smiled.

Azriel scoffed but returned to laying on her chest, "So I'm just a weight. That's very heartwarming."

She giggled and it resonated in his chest. "I am just saying it's just the perfect addition. My back has never felt better." She found it difficult to stretch under him and snuggled closer to him. Kissing the side of her head, she said, "I would love you even if you were skinny."

"Not the best way to be a warrior." Azriel mused.

"That's true. But you look very intimidating because of your training."

He frowned, "I am intimidating?"

"Not to me. Definitely not to Pip."She snorted. "It's like having a scary pet."

Azriel rolled his eyes, "I hate you."

"No, you don't." She kissed him lightly. "I should go to see Majda and talk about Nyx."

"Wow, so you're just going to call me a humanoid paperweight and then leave me here." He scoffed and rolled over to his side, letting her get up.

She jumped to her feet and stuck her tongue out, "I have work to do. Tomorrow we are going to heal Nyx, hopefully completely. Why don't you go and find Pip? I'm sure it's Nyx's nap time so he would be in the garden."

Azriel pushed himself up and made a face one last time before going out to find Pip. Once outside, he could see Heart from the windows. She was too busy to look at him but he kept glancing up to watch her. He soon heard soft meows from a corner of the garden and sure enough, Pippor had found a kitten to play with. He had a little branch that he kept waving around and the kitten jumped around to catch it.

He soon spotted Azriel, "Nyx was sleeping." He complained.

"He will wake up soon from his nap." Azriel smiled down at the cat. "Is that a new friend?"

Pip nodded. "We should find his mother now. He's just a baby."

"I'm sure she's somewhere around here. How about we go inside?"

"And leave him alone?!" Pip exclaimed in horror.

"Kittens are strong. I'm sure his mother will be here." He picked Pip up and Pip nervously looked down at the little Kitten.

"But what if someone stepped on him?" He frowned with worry.

Azriel looked around, "Well, I guess we can wait here." He decided to sit down on the ground cross-legged while Pip sat in his lap, playing with the Kitten for a long time.

He had to regularly remind Pip to be gentle but when a few hours passed and a shiny black cat prayed over to them.

Pip excitedly pointed at her. "Is that the mother?"

Azriel nodded. "She's here to take him back."

Pippor watched the cat lick her kitten, pick him up with her mouth and walk away. He turned quickly, "Where is she taking him?"

He shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe they have a house near ours."

"Will I see him again?"

Azriel got to his feet and carried Pip inside, "I think so. He might come back tomorrow. You should go back to your mother as well." Kissing Pip on his cheek, he walked to Heart's study.

Pip kept looking over his shoulders, "Can't I keep him?"

"His mother would miss him. You can find their house and bring him food there." He comforted Pip. "I will help you look tomorrow."

Pip perked up, "If Nyx is okay after tomorrow, we will take him too. I can carry him."

"You're too little." Azriel laughed. "But sure, we will take him once he's cured."

Pip smiled brightly and wrapped his arm around Azriel's neck, "Thank you, Shadow man. You're the best father."

Azriel inhaled sharply and paused for a brief second. Gripping Pip tighter, he kissed his head and tried to joke, "Well, I try my best. It's all just because you're  a great son."

The affectionate moment, however, was broken when Azriel spotted Heart glaring at him by a door.

Pip mumbled in his ear, "She hasn't had coffee all day."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.6K 2.4K 46
Ria Dusk-Bringer Darling. The High Lady of Dusk Court. Eris' only true friend. Supposedly dead. And Rhysand' little sister.
36.2K 1.3K 25
'Don't you know that we bleed the same?' Azriel x oc °•▪︎♤▪︎•° Rayna, haunted by her past, found refugee in the mortal realm. There, a strong bond...
92.7K 5.2K 29
"𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐔𝐏," 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐃; 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐒 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐙𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐌𝐘𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐃𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐄𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐀�...
58.2K 1.3K 17
Azriel, the spymaster of the Night Court, one of the most powerful Illyrians to walk Prythian. He was damaged, he was broken, and he thought himself...