When I look at you - Reggie P...

By chlooomb

After getting a 911 text from her best friend Julie, she goes over to her house, not expecting to find 3 teen... More

Characters.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Nighteen.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
New book?

Eighteen.

3.6K 75 37
By chlooomb

"I can't say this enough." Flynn said as she, Julie, Ray, Carlos and I were all sat around Julie's table eating pizza. "You guys were incredible."

She leaned in closer to the both of us so that she could whisper "but epic fail on that eye contact thing." Me and Julie just laughed.

"So how do you do those holograms?" Carlos questioned us, making us stop laughing. Before we could try and come up with an excuse, Ray spoke up.

"Oh, don't try to understand it Carlos, I don't."

"That's because you're old." Carlos sassed his dad, making him fake a laugh.

"Funny guy." Ray responded jokingly, making all of us laugh. "I'd send you to your room, but who'd clean all this mess up?"

"Don't poke the bear." Julie said to her brother while me and Flynn just tutted jokingly and shook our heads.

Carlos laughed as he left the room, making me poke his side. He just stared up at me before poking my cheek and running away, making me laugh at him.

"So, what are the boys doing right now?" Ray questioned me and Julie, making us look at each other before I motioned for her to answer her dad.

"Hanging out, I guess? Or you know, whatever you do when you're from where they're from." She said awkwardly, me and Flynn just nodded our heads in agreement.

"Hey Ray, what cameras did you use out there?" I quickly changed the subject before he could question Julie's acting skills.

"You're interested in my work?" He asked me, making me nod my head yes, as Julie, Flynn and I all secretly fist bumped each other as he started talking about his cameras.

"Well, uh, I shot with an XF105. That's what I used, the latest model. It's very good. But the other guys had the wide..."

——————————————————————————-

After we finished the pizza, Flynn's parents came to pick her up and I decided to go home too.

"I'm off home, J. Tell the boys I said night. Love you." I said as i gave her a kiss on the cheek, before grabbing my bag and leaving the house. I decided to take the longer way home tonight as I was in the mood for a long walk.

I'm not one for exercise, but sometimes, the night sky is just so pretty and I can't help myself. I put in my head phones and put my playlist on shuffle as I started walking along the main road.

I was in my own world, listening to Starman by David Bowie, when I felt someone bump into me. I looked up and saw a guy with a top hat and a purple jacket.
He apologised for bumping into me, before walking away. I went to continue walking when I saw he had dropped his hat.

"Excuse me, sir." I said as I ran up to him, making him turn around. "You dropped your hat." He took the hat from me and when his hand touched mine, I got a small shock. Looking down at my wrist, I could have sworn there was something purple there, but it disappeared before I could question it.

"Ah, Thankyou miss. Have a good night." He said as he put his hat on and nodded his head at me.

"You too." I said as I put my earphones back in and continued walking home.

When I got home, I immediately had a shower and took all my makeup off, before getting ready for bed, making sure everything was ready for school tomorrow.

——————————————————————————-

(Ootd^^)

Just as I was closing my locker, Flynn grabbed my arm and pulled me over to the side.

"Ouch, Flynn, what's up with you?" I said grouchily. For some reason, I'm super exhausted today and I'm achey everywhere. I have a killer migraine too, which is no fun.

"Look over there. Julie is talking to Nick, and it looks like it's a good conversation." Flynn said as she pointed over to where Julie and Nick were talking.

After a little bit, he walked away and me and Flynn took that as our cue to go over to Julie.

"Well, that wasn't just a 'what's up?'" Flynn said as we neared Julie.

"Nick wanted to go on a date." Julie said as me and Flynn gasped.

"And I said no."

"What?" Flynn said in shock.

"You know what you said. This Luke thing isn't going away anytime soon, so I figured, why waste Nick's time?" Julie said to Flynn.

"Aww. Our baby's all grown up." I said as I wiped away a fake tear.

"She's choosing to like someone who doesn't really exist, but she's all grown up." Flynn added onto my statement, making us both smile.

"But he does exist, to me. And he might just be air, but we connect in so many other ways." Julie said.

"You are the most watchable duet-ers I've ever seen. Bel and Reggie are a close second behind." Flynn said as she nudged my shoulder.

"But it's not just singing. When we write, we're both drawing from the same pain. We both know how it feels to lose our moms." Julie replied.

"Do not make me cry. I'm having a really good eyeliner day." Flynn said, making me lean closer to her face.

"You're right, you are." I said as I leaned away from her face and went back to standing next to her.

"It's just, Luke's hurting so much. I wish I could help him."

"Maybe you could write him a song! That would make him feel better." Flynn said after she saw the sad look on Julie's face.

"Oh my gosh Flynn, you're a genius!" Julie said as she started walking away from us.

"Julie, I'm all for new songs but you still have classes!" I yelled at her, making her turn back around and waking in the direction to her next lesson.

"You're both geniuses." She said as she passed us, making us both laugh before going our separate ways.

——————————————————————————-

After school, I went home for once instead of going to Julie's as she was going to Luke's parents house to give them the song that he wrote about his mum. She asked if I wanted to go but I told her that it's something she should do alone. Plus, I just didn't feel like crying today.

I was in the mood for doing some painting, so I put on an apron over my clothes and got out my water colours and started sketching. There's a photo I have on my wall of Julie with a dragonfly on her nose, so I decided to try and paint that.

Once I had finished painting, I went in with a white paint pen to add in highlighted bits. Just as I was finishing up, I heard a poof behind me.

"Woah. That's pretty."
I heard Reggie before I saw him. I took off my apron, put all my brushes and paint down and turned around to face him with a smile.

"Thankyou. What're you doing here?" I questioned him before I saw him looking at my cheek.

"You got a little..." he said with an adorable smile as he pointed to his cheek. I wiped my cheek as I realised that he meant I have a bit of paint on my cheek.

"Did I get it?" I asked him. He just shook his head and walked over to me.

"Come here." He said as he put his hand on my jaw and wiped away the paint from under my eye. My breath got caught in my throat when he looked down at my lips, before looking into my eyes. He moved his other hand up and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, before moving closer to me.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispered, looking back up at my eyes. I just nodded my head, unable to speak as he leaned in and pressed his lips against mine gently. My hands rested on top of his hands that were on my face, but they slid down to his arms when he pulled away.

"Sorry, I didn't come here just to kiss you. Not that I didn't want to, because I did, i-i mean I do, I just-"

I chuckled at his nervous rambling, something he's obviously picked up from me, before putting my hands on his face and kissing him, effectively shutting him up. His hands instantly went to my waist, pulling me flush against him as he deepened the kiss. He started walking, making me walk backwards until my back hit the wall. I moved one of my hands up into his hair and pulled it slightly, making him groan into the kiss. He moved his lips away from mine, before peppering kisses on my jaw, slowly moving down to my neck.

Just as he was about to move back up to kiss me again, I saw a flash of purple and Reggie winced and fell back onto my bed. I felt a small tingle on my wrist and felt really dizzy, before looking over at Reggie who was now sitting up on my bed.

"W-what was that? Are you okay?" I said as I moved next to him on the bed and bushed some hair out of his face.

"Remember when we missed the school dance?" Reggie asked me as I nodded my head. "Well we did something we shouldn't have. We met up with a ghost who said he could help us get back at Bobby, and he put this curse on us. If we don't do what he wants, those jolts will destroy us."

"This is happening to Alex and Luke too? Reggie, you have to do what he wants."

He just shook his head and looked down, before lacing his fingers through mine. "No, he wants us to be in his house band for eternity, but we figured out we have unfinished business. If we can play at the Orpheum soon, then we can cross over and avoid all that."

"Cross over? As in what, go to heaven?" I asked him as tears started forming in my eyes.

"That's what we're banking on."

"So it's either you join his house band, cross over, or be destroyed by those jolts?" I said as I slipped my hands out of his and stood up.

"Yeah." Reggie whispered.

"So either way, me and Julie are going to loose you." I said as my voice cracked and a tear fell down my face. Reggie stood up and wiped it, before pulling me into him for a hug.

I pulled away from the hug after a while and wiped my face. "Can you please leave? I just want to be alone right now." I said quietly as I looked up to him. He nodded his head and kissed my forehead before poofing away.

(Trigger warning ⚠️ mentions of being sick)

As soon as he left, I started to feel really dizzy again. Just as I went to sit down, I felt like I needed to puke, so I ran to the bathroom and threw up.

(Trigger warning over)

After throwing up, I flushed to toilet and leaned against the wall as I started shivering. I frowned at the thought of me being sick, as it sucks. Before I could think about it anymore, I heard my phone buzz from my bedroom. Getting up, I walked into my bedroom and picked up my phone, seeing a 911 text from Julie, explaining what had happened.

Seeing as she was with Luke, I assume he told her about the jolts. Flynn replied, saying she would be right over, so I put my green converse back on and headed over to her house.

Me and Flynn somehow got there at the same time, and both made our way up to Julie's room.

"Hey, we got your text." Flynn said as we both walked into Julie's room.

"Don't come too close, anyone I seem to care about disappears."

"You can't get rid of me, I'm like the crazy glue of best friends." Flynn said, making me chuckle.

"I just don't get it. Right when my life starts getting good. Great friend, great band, great guy. Them bam!" Julie said as she held up a sketch of an explosion.

"I seriously don't know why all of this is happening to you, but that would make a great album cover one day." Flynn said, before moving over to the trunk that had all of Julie's mums old clothes.

I moved to sit on the bed next to Julie, as she spoke up. "You don't have to do that."

"I know. But I get to check out all of your moms cool stuff." She said as she was rummaging around. I lay down on the bed, just as Flynn started speaking again.

"Woah. Did you know this was in here?"

I looked over and saw her holding a sunset curve shirt in her hands, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"That's bloody weird." I muttered.

"How do you think she got it?" Flynn said, just as confused as everyone else.

"I don't know. But the guys said they didn't know my mom. Why would they lie?"

"Maybe they didn't." Flynn said as she slowly stood up. "Maybe she knew them! Maybe she was a fan!"

"I mean, sunset curve was playing the Hollywood club scene around then." I said as I sat up.

"Oh my gosh. What if you were right! What if the guys are connected to your mom! You know, through music or something." Flynn said.

"Because she bought their t-shirt?" Julie said, confused.

"Think about it. They were the ones who made you want to play music again. Maybe she knew that they could help you."

"So, you mean to tell me that my mom is out there planning all this? Julie replied to Flynn. "If she wanted me to play music again, why wouldn't she just tell me herself."

"Maybe she couldn't." I butted into the conversation. "Maybe she had to do it another way, through signs." I pointed to the t-shirt that Flynn was holding. She nodded her head in agreement.

"Bels right. You've been though your moms clothes how many times, and you haven't found this t-shirt? Why now. This is another sign! I'm just saying. It's not over, Julie!"

"Really signs." Julie said in disbelief.

"Is that really so hard to believe, J?" I asked her.

"You're both in a ghost band. It's a crazy world. Look. You're both gonna loose them, no matter what, and it sucks. But they helped bring you back to life, Julie. And they've helped you with your stage fright Bel. Now you guys have to help them. They have to cross over. Let them go."

I really don't want to let them go. But we have too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 574 17
"we're not who we used to be we're not who we used to be we're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me trying to remember how it feels to...
47.4K 1.1K 24
Aurora Théa Laurent is a new student at Los Feliz High School, a transfer from France. Julie and Flynn instantly take a liking to her and take her un...
148K 2.9K 44
Reginald Peters always wanted a little sister...little did he know that eight years after he died his wish would come true. Now in the year 2020, Ros...
27.2K 531 33
You grew up with Sunset Curve. Always jamming out to their music in the car with your parents. It really was a tragic accident when they died eating...