losing your heart | dreamnotf...

By dr3amie

Dream was always affectionate and precious to George, so he invited him to Florida for Christmas. Unfortunate... More

playlist + note
1.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

2.

1.2K 69 338
By dr3amie

They reached the house, unpacking the things out the car. George was greeted by Karl and Quackity right when he got out the vehicle, he hugged both of them tightly and he seemed hyped to see them as well.

Dream stood away from George, gazing at the three before popping the trunk open. Andrew came over to grab his own suitcase out the car, smiling as he was close to the blonde.

"So, how'd you guys afford this place? It looks pretty expensive," Andrew inquired Dream who gave a small scoff, the dark brunet seemed immensely impressed by the property Dream rented for him and his friends.

"I carry a lot of extra cash," Dream answered, his shoulders shrugged.

George approached over to the trunk grab his suitcase and things from out the back, but Dream stopped him. "Um- It's okay, George. I'll take it in for you!" Dream stated with delight laced in his tone, the brit only cocked his brow.

"Thanks, I guess?" George rolled his eyes and walked off, the smile on Dream's face didn't last long after George left unbothered.

Dream pressed his lips thinly, sighing and taking the bag and suitcase out. Andrew could tell George seemed in a bad mood, or just practically mad at Dream in general. "What's up with him?"

Dream shook his head, "It's okay, he probably just had a bad flight here, its been a long way from him anyway." He spoke reasonable as he tried to brush it off.

"How long have you known George for?" Andrew brought up.

"7 years," Dream replied with, and Andrew's eyebrows raised.

"7 years, huh? You never mentioned about him to me before, Clay." Andrew let out a small laugh and the other laughed along.

Dream hummed, "I guess it wasn't a big thing a big thing to bring up with, we weren't that close." He responded and started to make his way into the house with Andrew following behind. Dream saw Karl and Quackity near George, he waved at them. "Guys! Come meet Andrew!"

Karl's and Quackity's eyes flashed to the new brunette boy, they made their way over. "Hello! My name is Karl and this is Quackity!" Karl introduced politely, shaking hands with Andrew. "What brings you to Florida, Andrew?"

"Well- Clay here, he's my old college friend, and I came to celebrate the holidays with him." Andrew told, giving Dream a small hug who let out a small giggle. "I missed this baby so much," He toned his voice softly and just snuggled the dirty blonde.

Dream let out a nervous laugh, his face being corrupted by blush filling his cheeks. Karl and Quackity both looked at each other, making eye contact before a smirk engulfing their faces.

George walked over, his attention was immediately caught on the two boys who were hugging. One of George's brows raised at the sight.

Dream's eyes caught the brit standing before them, he gulped and softly pushed Andrew away with a chuckle. "George and Andrew, let me show you your rooms," Dream pointed out, grabbing the suitcase before making guiding them into the first room.

"Andrew, this is your room." Dream asserted before Andrew let out a small gasp. "And, George, follow me?" He lead George over to another bedroom.

George smiled, "This is a nice room." He says, Dream rolled the suitcase and bags into the room. His eyes were taken over to a small wrapped up present sitting on the bed, he turns confused. "What is this?" He headed over to it.

Dream laughed softly, scratching the back of his head. "Something I got you," He bit his lip from excitement.

George picked up the small wrapped box and ripped the paper off, opening it to find another smaller black box inside of it, a small jewelry box. George picked the tiny thing up and opened it, a golden ring appeared inside. "A ring?" He spoke-unsurprised.

"Well- yeah, it was that 1k ring you wanted to get. Remember? So I got it for you!" Dream let out a chirp, the brightest smile was plastered on his face. He only gained a slight smile from George that faded rather quickly.

"Thanks.." George sighed, Dream felt his mind lost.

Does he not like it? Dream wondered from George's reaction, he expected something bigger. Was the present not good enough? He thought it was George's main wish to get for Christmas. And, it seemed like he didn't bother about it.

George closed the box with the ring still in it, setting it on the stand. "The gift is great and all-" He began, "I just didn't get you one. I had too much stuff to carry on the plane and I could only bring 3 presents," George shrugged and just simply left the room, leaving Dream lost in his mind.

"Oh.." Dream murmured. It was okay, he guessed. He didn't need a present anyway, he already had so much stuff.

Dream left the room as well and went back into the house's living-room, he saw George handing gifts to the other three boys; Sapnap, Karl, and Quackity. Dream's eyes were caught, pressing his lips as George seemed so happy to give them presents.

"Oh my god- Is this the brand new iPhone?!" Karl squeaked, his voice being high and a laugh followed after.

Dream forced a smile to be created on his face, then he suddenly felt a small tap on his shoulder, making him twirl around. He saw Andrew behind him, holding up a small box in his hands. Dream blinked with bemuse.

"I couldn't forget my bestfriend a gift, could I?" Andrew speaks, his eyes shined as him and Dream's were locked on each other's.

Dream laughed a little, his head mellowed as he picked up the box, unwrapping it with small eagerness. He found a pretty silver necklace, a pedant was attached to it. He opened it and found the most tiny picture of him and Andrew together hidden inside.

Dream's mouth dropped and a gasp escaped, "Is this the picture we took the day when you moved?" He asked with his voice being in pure happiness, a flustered smile couldn't be hidden as it was formed onto his face.

"Yes, is it! It was also the last time we ever saw each other-" Andrew was cut off by Dream giving him a tight squeeze with his arms, the dark brunette softened and hugged back gratefully.

The two boys laughed and pulled away, Dream's vision was stuck to the small picture. "I love it-" The blonde sniffed, and Andrew seemed glad to hear that.

"Dream, you got a gift?! Let me see!" Sapnap exclaimed as he came over, taking the necklace from Dream's hands. "Oh my god- Is this you guys? You guys are so adorable," His voice was squeaky.

Dream scoffed, "We were probably closer than anyone in the whole entire school," He shrugs, giving a small bump to Andrew by the shoulder.

Andrew let out a laugh, he gripped onto Dream, both of them almost following as Andrew's body was pushed in for a hug. The pair let out giggles, one of Andrew's hand being placed on the other's smoothing cheek.

Dream gleed with a lopsided smirk being tugged into his lips, closing his eyes as he rested in Andrew's warm embrace.

He felt so loved.

It made his face redden.

~

The boys now arrived at the restaurant they were going to eat at for dinner. It was kind of an expensive place but Dream wanted to do something for the gang, so he decided to pay for the check after.

All of them entered the small building and they were escorted to a table by a waitress. Dream's eyes casted to George, he wanted to save a seat for him so he did. "George, wanna sit by me?" Dream suggested to the brit.

George looked at Dream, he didn't say anything back and just sat by Karl with a smile. Dream took his eyes off George with a sigh escaping, he felt like he was trying to hard, he sat on a seat by himself.

Andrew stumbled over and sat on the seat next to Dream, the dirty blonde's eyes were caught as Andrew gave him a polite smile, Dream couldn't help but do the same thing back.

"Um, hey- Geor..." Dream wanted to speak to the british brunet, but George just took his phone out for ignorance. Leaving Dream to stare at him without saying anything else, just a blank face.

"George!" Quackity called out, and George's attention was immediately on the ravenette, eyes focused. "Look at this," He laughed, showing George his phone screen.

Dream pressed his lips, and he heard a voice suddenly speaking to him. "Clay?" Andrew started, escalating to Dream's eyes being faced to him. "Can you help me with the menu? I don't know what to get.." He questioned nervously.

Dream let out a scoff, "Yeah sure. What do you feel like eating?" He asked the other as he grabbed a menu for himself, checking out the food.

"Maybe.. steak?" Andrew didn't seem sure.

"They have ribeye and new york steak." Dream pointed out and Andrew seemed to be interested in the steak after. "Trust me, their ribeye steak is so good-"

"Hello gentlemen," A waitress walked over, "Would you guys like anything to drink to start off?" She inquired the table of boys.

"Can I get a water?" Dream ordered and Karl said the same thing as the blonde while the others asked for sodas, after the waiter walked off to go get their appetizers.

"Dream, are you still a virgin?" Quackity randomly spoke out, a flustered red popping on Dream's soft skin.

Dream groaned, "Is that really an important question to ask at a restaurant, Alex?" He spat, only gaining a laugh out of Quackity.

"You never had sex before?" Andrew let his brow lift, a small titter left his lips.

"N-No!" Dream muttered, he could feel the heat on his face.

"You guys are so weird," Karl interrupted with a small cackle.

"Hm," Andrew hummed with a tiny smirk, sitting back in his seat. George blinked, looking up at Andrew with half lidded eyes after his vision was taken off from his device, letting his lips smack.

"I've got your drinks," The waitress came back over once again, setting down the drinks on the table. When she left again, Sapnap was about to pick up his drink but knocked it down to spill all over the table.

And George.

"Shit!" George got out his seat, his shirt and pants being stained.

"Holy fuck- I'm so sorry, George!" Sapnap blurted, picking the glass up and trying to grab some napkins.

Dream immediately got out his seat, looking around for a waitress and calling them for a towel. He was handed a clean rag and he rushed over to George, trying to help him clean up.

"W-What are you doing?" George winced, pushing Dream back a little as he tried to dry off his pants with napkins.

"I'm trying to help! Napkins don't work very well," Dream informed and George only let out an irritated scoff.

"Could you-" George grunted, snatching them rag from the other. "Dream, just stop!" He sounded like he was about to scream.

"Do you wanna use my hoodie that's in the car?" Dream offered and he only saw a fury expression that was stuck on George's face as he tried to clean himself up.

George had cold stone eyes once they made contact with Dream's, he gripped him by the wrist and dragged him over to a bathroom, pushing him in the room.

Dream stepped back, "George?" He mumbled, confused, he felt George's hand squeeze harder on his arm making him frightened.

George huffed, "Just STOP!" His voice was raised, "I don't know what the fuck you want from me, but this is too much! You've been ANNOYING me this whole trip already, you're acting like I'm a fucking baby." He rambled, pushing Dream away.

"I'm sorry... I'm just trying to help-" Dream tried to grab George's hand but he yanked it away.

"Let me handle myself! I don't need you, I don't need your fucking help or your fucking ass in my way." George's voice lowered to more seriousness, he ripped paper towels off the machine roughly.

"George.. you came on the trip to spend time with us. I've just been trying to show affection, we've been bestfriends for 7 years." Dream tried to explain as George tried to dry himself off.

"Affection?" A forceful smile was made on the brit's face, "Whatever you're trying to do, it's not AFFECTION! You're being irritating and I don't need it! What- Do you fucking love me? Because you seem like you love someone so stupidly." George barked, his dead eyes glancing at Dream again.

"George, please- I can't love my bestfriend?" Dream's voice almost cracked, putting his hand on the other's shoulder but George forced it off.

"Just fucking stop 'loving' me, Clay." George bleated, turning his back towards Dream. "I mean it."

Dream's face burned with a sting, his eyes burned as they started tearing, he stood on the verge of tears as George left the restroom to leave Dream standing there. The blonde felt so stupid, no matter how hard he tried George didn't see how much he loved him.

He didn't even love him as a friend, that's how much he did have feelings for him.

Dream's fist clenched, his mouth quivering as he knew he would never gain George's love back, he would never earn George's heart even after he tried giving his own.

Dream left the bathroom, and also left the building with tears in his eyes. As he left out the door, a bell jingled, he was met with rain coming down from the night sky. Dream went over to the side of the building and sat on the curb of the sidewalk as he heard the sound of rain fill his ears, he sat in the coldness.

Dream sobbed, head in his knees which were hugged by his arms, a couple rain drops hit his head, then more after, trickling down his already wet face. The rain soaked his hair and clothes, only crying to himself.

What am I doing wrong? Dream asked himself and he couldn't find an answer.

He loved George, and George didn't love him back after so much things he has done for him, Dream didn't understand what he was failing to do.

What is he doing wrong?

The rain kept hitting Dream, and they suddenly stopped. Dream sniffed and his eyes strolled up to find Andrew holding up an umbrella over his head.

"You know if you sit in the rain too long, you can get sick, idiot." Andrew sighed, staring down upon Dream. He sat next to the boy, and he saw the other's damped eyes. "What's wrong?" He whined.

Dream lowered his head, "N-Nothing," He rubbed his cheeks, he felt a warm piece go over his back and found Andrew putting his jacket on Dream.

"If you blame the rain for your tearing red eyes, I won't believe you." Andrew spoke and Dream only chuckled.

Dream had another stuffy sniff, leaning his head on Andrew's shoulder. "Andrew... What happens when you love someone but they don't love you back?" He murmured low, "What do you do?"

"I'm guessing you do have a crush," Andrew rolled his eyes and Dream smiled a little, "Did you confess your feeling to them?-on how you actually feel?" He brought up.

"No... Not really, they just keep pushing me away." Dream responded with, exhaling softly.

"Well, if they keep pushing you away-then maybe you should just move on." Andrew clarified, his hand slowly wrapping around Dream's, softly rubbing it.

Dream sighed, "I just can't move on right away. They're my bestfriend and we've been through so much, it's hard to move on." He blubbered.

Andrew hummed, "You'll find out eventually, Clay. I'm sure. You can still try or you can just give your heart to somebody else, you know?"

Dream thought about it.

George seemed so pissed, he always pushes Dream away anyway. It was like he just should stop like George asked him too, why would George love him anyway?

Should he just give up?

-
(2734 words)

hi guys, i hope you guys all had a great day. school is keeping me busy a little but i'm trying to post chapters for you guys :]

thoughts on this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 5.9K 24
[FINISHED] George has to live with extreme anxiety. He never talks to people and locks himself in his room. One day he needs to go to the supermarket...
1.2K 40 25
It's coming up to george's birthday but things go downhill. Will he like his present or will he hate it?, George struggles with anxiety and panic att...
14.9K 1K 35
[Completed] George, and Clay were friends , they train to fight for the one's who bring danger to fellow species and humans. But when one day their s...
78.4K 3.8K 37
Clay is traumatised by his past and becomes cold and emotionless, hurting himself to feel something while his life is filled with emptiness. His pare...