Symphony of the Words Unspoke...

By SmexySinowa

Jasper Whalen wasn't looking for love. Sure, he had a few relationships here and there, but they had all been... More

Desperate Need For Editing
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Sinowa Note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 1

36.7K 903 254
By SmexySinowa

Chapter 1

"Look, Shannon, I'm on my way right now!" I groaned into my cell phone as I hopped off the city bus and rushed in the direction of my destination. The streets of Manhattan were crowded as always, and I found myself shoving people out of my path. I felt a bit guilty for my rudeness, but if I was late, my best friend, Shannon, would bite my head off. She and I were meeting at Dean and Deluca during lunch. The place had its ups and downs, but it was better than the poison they try to force down our throats at school. Besides, Shannon loved their sushi, but only God knows why.

"You better be! One of the waiters is eye raping me every time he stops by!" She hissed, and I stifled a chuckle. Shannon was a beautiful blonde with curves in all the right places, so her claim was most likely true. Almost every guy I knew had lusted after her at least once, and if not, then their eyes were on her sister, Hayley. Luckily for me, her beauty was powerless against me.

"Oh, please, you know your loving the attention. I bet you just smiled and winked, even though you know that you're with Damian." Shannon huffed but didn't reply, and I smirked. We're so close that we know each other's habits. I knew her like the back of my hand, although she isn't very hard to read.

"Stop smirking, Jasper. People will think your constipated." See what I mean?

"Whatever, Shannon. I'll be there in five." I promised. That promise was broken in a matter of seconds. I had intended to head straight to Deluca's when I became distracted by music. It sounded close and the song sounded familiar, so I stopped walking for a moment to listen. Instantly, I identified the beautiful sound as a violin. Curiosity clouding my better judgement, I wandered down Madison Ave. towards the music. As I neared the music, I began to jog. I ran right past Deluca's, and I prayed that Shannon hadn't chosen a window seat. If she did, I'd be screwed.

I finally found the source of the sweet music on 86th street, and my heart skipped a beat. Standing on the corner of Madison Ave. and 86th street was the most stunning boy I've ever seen. His blonde hair was a light vanilla and rested just above his eyebrows. Under his long, dark eyelashes, his eyes were shut and his lips were slightly parted. The boy was short, probably only 5"4, and he was a lean.

I noticed that he wore a worn trench coat with a large amount of buttons. I mean, there had to be at least 50 buttons on his collar alone. They were all different sizes and colors, starting at the collar of the coat and stopping at the middle of his chest. I couldn't help but wonder why he had so many.

A crowd developed and people dropped dollar bills into his violin case. Some people even dropped checks. He was so into his music that he didn't notice them. As he played, I admired how his fingers seemed to manipulate the instrument gracefully and skillfully. His skill suggested countless years of practice, but he looked younger than I was.

As he continued playing, I realized that he was playing Secrets by One Republic. By the way he was playing it, I didn't recogniz the song until he reached the chorus. He had put his own spin on it, and changed the way most of the lyrics would've sounded if it were played note for note. If you listened closely, you could tell most of what he played was formed from the original sound, but he had expertly hidden it.

At one point of the song, the boy sailed into a higher octave and the crowded applauded and whistled. This woke him from the trance he was in, but he never faltered. He just kept playing until he was finished. Once he finished, he smiled and bowed a little. As he came back up from his bow, our eyes locked, and I finally saw his eyes. They were large, midnight blue eyes that seemed to stare right through you. In his eyes, I saw depth. Then, my phone buzzed and the contact was broken. I hurriedly whipped my phone from out of my pocket and the violinist rushed to put his instrument away.

"Hello..." I said, still somewhat in a daze. I glanced at the boy right when he stole a glance at me, our eyes meeting once again, The boy blushed and looked away shyly. Instantly, my Gaydar was set off. No straight boy would do that, not that I was complaining.

"Where the hell are you? You said five minutes and it's been almost ten! Get your ass down here right now, Jasper. I mean it. Do you know how long I've been waiting?" Shannon snapped at me from the phone. I knew she had the right to be upset, but I couldn't take her seriously. My attention was already taken. I was surprised that I had been standing there for almost ten minutes. It had felt like only a minute.

"Ok, ok, don't get your panties in a bunch. I'm on my way." I muttered, unable to keep my eyes off of the boy before me. He bent down to pick up his violin case, and I had to stop myself from drooling. His jeans hugged his hips, and every move he made was ten times sexier than it should have been. Yet, he managed to keep his innocent aura about him.

"Jasper!" Shannon screeched and I sighed. I had almost forgotten I was on the phone. Even though I knew she'd kill me for this later, I hung up. Unfortunately, when I looked back in the direction of the boy, but he was gone. His violin case was nowhere to be found, and the crowd that had gathered had now dispersed.

***

"If I could kill you without getting caught, I totally would." Shannon growled as she popped a sushi roll into her mouth. She glared and pointed her chopsticks at me just to prove her point. I just rolled my eyes and chuckled, taking a bite into my slice of key lime pie.

"Look, I'm sorry. Some guy was playing his violin on the street corner and I got kind of distracted." I said.

"What distracted you? The music or the boy?" Shannon teased. I blushed and shrugged, cursing her for knowing me like the back of her hand.

"Both." Shannon cackled (yes cackled, like Wicked Witch of the West cackled. Her inner evil comes out every once in a while) and slugged me in the shoulder. I winced and rubbed the spot. That girl can seriously pack a punch. You probably wouldn't think so looking at her, but I'm pretty sure I'll be sporting a bruise later.

"Is he cute? You said he plays the violin? Is he good, or does he suck? What's he look like?" Shannon started blurting out questions faster than I could comprehend. I had to stop and think about what she was asking before answering. Yeah, unfortunately, I'm that slow.

"Um, yes, yes, no he's actually extremely good, and he's blonde, short, and cute." I said, blushing a little and feeling embarrassed. Shannon squealed and swung her feet wildly, causing her to dig her crazy tall heel into my knee. I yelped and cursed under my breath.

"Sorry, but come on Jas! You totally like him! It's written all over your face! You would be a cute gay couple and I'd watch you guys get married and-

I cut Shannon off by throwing my hand over her gigantic mouth.

"Are you crazy?!" I hissed, looking around to see if anyone from our school was here.

Shannon was the only person who knew I was gay, and I preferred to keep it that way. In fact, the only reason she knew was because she barged into my room while I was Googling it. Yeah, I know Googling the causes of gayness was stupid, but I was scared and didn't want to be gay. My school was full of obnoxious bullies, and although I'm too big for them to do anything to me (6"4 baby!), I didn't feel like having to deal with them every day.

I sighed as Shannon nodded and I uncovered her mouth.

"Besides, I didn't even talk to him. How would I know if I liked him if I don't even know his name?" I said quietly.

"You don't have to know someone's name to have feelings for them. It's called love at first sight." Shannon said while smiling. I just shrugged, ending the discussion.

She finished up the rest of her sushi before wiping her hands and checking her watch. Her eyes got big and she hurried to grab her purse.

"Shit, we have like two minutes!" She exclaimed. I cursed and grabbed my backpack to take out my wallet. Shannon beat me to it and tossed a twenty onto the table.

"Hey, I'm not letting you-

"Shut up! No time!" Shannon cut me off, grabbed my arm, and practically dragged me out of the resturant. But not before she winked at a tall boy with curly, black hair waiting on a nearby table. I rolled my eyes. Typical Shannon.

Dedicated to xxWhoAteMyCookiexx simply because her story High School Scandal was the first boyxboy story i had ever read, and I've been hooked ever since! Anyways, hope you like the first chapter. i'm kinda new at this so...yeah (awkward). 0_0 Comments and Reviews pretty please! P.S. Picture of Jasper to the right------>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

979 129 34
E.L. feels like she's terrible at everything. Even though her grades are above average, she just doesn't feel the passion, the drive that others have...
4.6K 101 15
This is a SeaPeeSound story! It takes place in highschool were Oli (The OrionSound) is new at the school. He spends his first day not talking to anyo...
125K 4.6K 14
Reuben was overweight in middle school, but went to a fat camp and boarding school for two years. Reuben was bullied and teased most of his life, be...
702 5 17
Your name is Loren, and you're one of the rare male sirens. You also can't sing, so you're pretty useless. You have a drunk human friend named Angel...