Friendly Nikkah

By Royal7

When Hawa's fiancé decides to leave her. Hawa's neighbour and childhood best friend Taha decides to propose t... More

Ch.2 Routine Change
Ch.3 Inquiry.
Ch. 4 Our past.
Ch.5 Hawa's return.
Ch.6 what is normal?
Secrets unmasked.
Where did she go?
Chapter 9. Hold me.

Ch.1 A day in the life of Hawa and Taha

385 24 20
By Royal7

Hawa's POV.

I got home at around 9 and headed towards the kitchen.

"Hawa's home!" Danial shouted running out of the kitchen in nothing but his diaper. His long curly brown hair flying behind him as he ran.

"Go get in the tub. She's gonna bathe you donkey!" His mother shouts. I hope the neighbours don't hear this conversation.

"You get in the tub!" He shouts back making me chuckle.

"What're you laughing at? Go bathe him. And please shampoo his hair it stinks. Allah knows where he puts that head of his." Tasneem said walking into the kitchen.

"Let me just have something to eat then I'll bathe him." I said opening the fridge.

"Ugh Hawa its almost 10 pm. Please eat after, Ayan is going to be home soon I wanna be there before he does." She pleaded. Her thin dark brows always seemed to catch my eye. I wonder if she dyed them.

"Tasneem I just did a 14 hour shift I haven't eaten since breakfast please I'll be quick." I begged.

"Fine. Have some vitamins Wallah you look like the homeless cats with their ribs out. I'm gonna call Taha and tell him to buy you some, it's embarrassing."

"Leave it. He works day and night for his money not to waste it on vitamins for his wife."  My mother in law said walking in.

She was old and short unlike Tasneem who was relatively tall. Her hair was in between grays whites and a few black ones. She wore small gold earrings and bangles that she never took off.

"Ok then you feed her some proper meals look at her." Tasneem said pointing at me with her eyes darting at me . She had beautiful hazel eyes like Danial.

"She's fine. These days girls like to diet she likes to starve so what? Leave her alone. Go my love, go bathe my stinky grandson." My mother in law said and I nodded.

"Please hurry." Tasneem said as I walked passed her.

I snuck behind Danial and carried him to the bathroom.

"I don't wanna baf!" He shouted as I put him in the tub.

"Danial you're going swimming not taking a bath." I said turning the water on.

After his bath I dried him up put some lotion, powder and oil on him and got him changed into his Batman pj's.

"I not Danial I AM BATMAN!" He shouts excitedly.

"Come on your moms waiting for you." I said taking his hand.

"I want to stay wif you Hawa." He said quietly giving me the sad puppy dog eyes. His brows furrowed closer together sadly. He kept his gaze down exposing his long brown lashes. He was so adorable mashAllah.

"Danial how many times did I tell you she's your aunty. Don't call her by her name." His mom said sternly.

"Can me and aunty Hawa have a sweep over togever today." He asked again looking sad as ever.

"No not tonight. Baba's waiting for you at home let's go it's late." She said taking his other hand.

"Good night Batman. I'll see you later." I said with a small smile.

"Good night." He said quietly. He was sad. I went to my room got my pj's and went to take a shower.

-

"Ya ok Walaykum Salam." Taha said throwing his phone onto the bed.

"Salam Alaykum." He said taking his white coat off.

He was wearing a half sleeved fitted white button up with a pair of black pants. Taha was tall and thin like Tasneem. He was probably also food deprived. But his warehouse job was doing his body wonders.

This shirt was complimenting his arms very nicely I have to admit.

"Walaykum Salam." I said taking his coat and putting it behind the door.

"You hungry?" He asked.

"Very."

"I brought pizza on my way." He said.

"You're a life saver." I said wrapping the towel around my hair.

I went down and ate the pizza with some coke.

"Hawa." Taha said coming into the kitchen wearing his warehouse vest.

"Ya?"

"What's my sister saying about you looking extra thin. Are you not eating?" He asked sounding very concerned.

I laughed before I could say anything.

"No she's just joking."

"Lift up your shirt let me see." He said and I almost choked on my pizza slice.

"What the hell Taha." I said laughing.

"I'm being serious let me see Hawa. If your ribs are out that's something worrisome."

"I promise you there's nothing to worry about." I said reassuring him.

"Hawa I'm going to be late for work hurry and let me check." He said crouching down next to me.

"Taha No your moms going to see. Leave me alone."

"You're so annoying Hawa." He said getting up accepting defeat.

"Look in the mirror you prick." I said giving him a light shove.

"Ok I'm leaving. finish three slices at least."

"Bye oh before you go. Nisa and Ali invited us for their anniversary party next week. I already told them you won't make it."

"Perfect thanks."

-

Taha's POV.

I got home at around 4:45am, took a shower changed and slept on the blankets Hawa set out for me on the ground. She was fast asleep. I'm sure she was tired.

7:30am

"Taha get up." My eyes opened to her face right in front of me. Her lashes were so long I wonder if she combed them. Probably not. Her brown eyes were staring into mine.

"You're dressed already?" I asked seeing her in her scrubs. I never told her this but she looked like a toddler in her scrubs.

"Taha you're going to be late idiot. I'll go make our breakfast you get ready." She said grabbing my hand and pulling me up.

I checked my watch. Oh shit.

I washed up quickly changed, lucky for me Hawa had put my clothes out for me. My saviour.

I ran down.

"Quick quick wash your hands." She said.

"No I'll eat on my break at work."

"Ok have a banana on your way there then." She said giving it to me.

"I-

"I don't care if you hate them. It's quick iron. Now go." She said pushing me out.

A couple minutes later my phone rang.

"Salam Alaykum." I recognized his voice immediately.

"Hamzaaa how are you?!" I shouted excitedly in my car.

"Alhamdulillah I'm good. How are you how's aunty?" He asked.

"Alhamdulillah all good. How's yours?"

"Good all good. I called to let you know I'm coming for a week or so."

"No way! That's great. We'll have the room set for you."

"Jazakallah ok I know you're probably at work I'll see you soon."

"Ya text me the day and time I'll pick you up from the airport." I said.

-

Once I got home around 9 I went to the kitchen to see if dinner was ready. I could hear Hawa and my mother talking.

"I mean it's been two years, did you guys check with the doctor? Because people talk. I wanna see my sons kids. What was the point of being married so early if you weren't even going to have kids." My mom said.

"We want to wait still." Hawa said quietly.

"Wait? For what? You to be a grandmother? You're 22 you're only getting older."

"Salam Alaykum." I said walking in. They both looked up at me from the dinner table.

"Walaykum Salam." They both said in sync.

"Mama Hamza's coming over."

"My brothers son Hamza?" She asked.

"Ya."

"Whose that?"

"He's my cousin. You've never met him." I explained and she nodded.

"My love get your husband his plate and pour him some juice." My mom said.

"It's ok I can get it finish eating." I said looking at Hawa.

"You can share with me." She said as I sat next to her.

"Anyway Ya so we should set his room up. Before he gets here."

"I can do it tonight." Hawa said and I nodded.

"How was work Taha?" Mom asked.

"Good how was your day?" I asked.

"Good. I got my prayers in Alhamdulillah."

"Alhamdulillah."

Once dinner was over Hawa went to get the room ready.

"Mama." I said sitting next to her in the living room.

"Hm?"

"If you're unhappy with Hawa. Let me know, I'll talk to her. Kids are not an option for me right now. It's not the time." I said.

"Why should I tell you? It's between Hawa and me."

"No it's about us. If you have a problem with Hawa then you have a problem with us. Me and her are a team you know this very well." I said.

"Ya ya and she knows me too. Why are you getting emotional. This is why I like Hawa she listens and goes. Not like you arguing and arguing."

"Uhuh you chose the perfect victim."

"Didn't I?" She said laughing.

I went up and helped Hawa with the room and left for work.

-
Hi everyone I would love to hear feedback!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 28.2K 47
AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE In the depths of tradition and societal expectations, a young woman named Layla finds herself caught in an arranged marriage to...
369K 16.4K 27
A short story by a rookie writer.Please give it a try though Love is a combination of respect, friendship, understanding, communication and companion...
100K 3.7K 21
Short stories from the world of my imagination which you might like. Happy reading! 📲
Noor By Larissa

Spiritual

35.2K 2.7K 19
This short story is about the encounters of Adali and her path of travel along a spiritual journey. Adali is a devout Muslim, in which this story is...