Out With The Old, In With The...

By embodimentofimpulse

Chloe, Lila, and Marinette have been best friends for as long as they can remember, but when Chole tells Mari... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Month 1
Chapter 2 - Month 1 pt. 2
Chapter 3 - Month 2
Chapter 4 - Month 2 pt. 2
Chapter 5 - Can't catch a break
Chapter 6 - Their arrival
Chapter 7 - The date
Chapter 8 - The date pt. 2
Chapter 9 - The date pt. 3
Chapter 10 - 3 steps forward and 2 steps back
Chapter 11 - The start of the tumbling dominoes
Chapter 12 - (Side Chapter)
14 - The new enemy
15 - First day drama
16 - Numerous Talks
17 - Traveling & Rescued
18 - Timing and Precision
19 - Breakup + new guy
A/N
Another A/N
20 - Scout out
21 - Scout out pt. 2
22 - Next Gen starts now
Chapter 23
24 - Trial
25 - Trial pt. 2
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
A/N

13 - Their progress

1K 31 6
By embodimentofimpulse

Week 1 (Marinette): They gets their X-rays of their leg before it's healed and is given one of those slim blow-dryers with multiple cool - frozen settings to stop itching.

Week 2 (Marinette): They start talking about physical therapy and get them some crutches and a brace for them to be able to get around on their own.

Week 3 (Marinette): They allow them to keep track of Kacey's progress and they couldn't be prouder of the rapid pace of Kacey's recovery.

Week 4 (Marinette): Their dates for their physical therapy sessions are confirmed, and they make sure to check up with Kacey's progress from time to time.

Week 5 (Marinette): After 4 weeks of itching they finally gets their casts off and are relieved to finally be able to scratch. They start their physical therapy as well and is told to be doing very well.

Week 6 (Marinette): They're released and are picked up by Chloe and Jason, and has permission to come back and check up on Kacey anytime they want.

Months 1 + 2 (Kacey): He gets CAT scans every other week and starts remembering some things as well as getting told most of the things he's forgotten. He tries to hang out with Marinette he's told he can't because of "medical issues" which bums him out.

Months 3 + 4 (Kacey): He starts his physical therapy and is making great progress fast. He's still in his wheel chair, but they've also given him a set of crutches so he can go out to the garden and make his way around without much help.

Months 5 + 6 (Kacey): He is now in the home stretch of his healing. He no longer needs to have CAT scans, he's remembered everything that's happened, and he only has 4 more days until he can leave the hospital.

Kacey is sitting on his hospital bed cross legged and scrolling through his pictures of him and Mari together. His memory is still a little hazy, but he remembers most things. He starts thinking about when he first got to Paris, when he first saw Marinette after a long time.

He now starts thinking about his first year at Françoise Dupont. He's gonna be in 11th grade, starting in the middle of the year now, and for the first time ever, he'll admit that...he's scared. Most of his memories involving Marinette, and doesn't know how they'll react when they see him.

His anxiety starts showing and he starts breathing faster to the point he can barely get any air. The thoughts in his mind are racing at 100 miles per hour and he tries to calm down, but he can't.

'Is she gonna hate me? Why hasn't she visited me? Did I do something? Did I hurt her? Do I have a chance with her? Did she already find someone else? Why can't I remember her?'

He takes a sip of water and manages to calm down before he lays down on his bad and stares at nothing on the ceiling trying to bring back his memories of Marinette, but draws a blank every single time.

'Remember damnit! Why can't I remember!? Remember. Remember! REMEMBER HER! REMEMBER! REMEMBER! REMEMBER!'

He puts his hands over his ears and tries to drown out the voices that are screaming. Kacey jumps out of bed, and out of anger, smashes the wooden table on the side of his bed.

The nurses, doctors, Luke and Jason run in the room and see him clawing at his arms. Luke and Jason restrain his arms while the nurses use some belts to tie his hands to the hospital bed.

Kacey: REMEMBER! I HAVE TO REMEMBER HER! THEY WON'T SHUT UP! REMEMBER! REMEMBER! REMEMBER! MAKE THEM STOP!

Luke: He hasn't had an anxiety attack since-

Jason: 3rd grade!

Luke: Yeah!

Doctor 1: What do you think could've triggered it?

Jason pics up Kacey's phone off the floor and goes through his recent photos. As he continues to scroll down through the photos, all he sees are pictures of Kacey and Marinette.

Jason: He's trying to remember them! He's trying, but he can't!

Luke: You mean...he doesn't remember, Marinette?

Jason: Apearently not, dumbass!

Kacey: SHUT UP! I'M TRYING TO REMEMBER! I...I'M TRYING...

Doctor 2: Get that girl here, now!

Luke: But-

Nurse 1: Just do it!

Jason: I'll call them!

He takes out his phone and dials Marinette's number. They pick up and answer like normal.

Marinette: Update on Kacey?

Jason: Not this time. Just get down here! Right now!

Marinette: I'll be there.

He hangs up and looks at Luke and everyone else in the room.

Jason: She'll be here. 20 minutes tops.

Luke: What about-

Jason: They didn't tell them, they're smart about that, but if they don't get here soon...

20 minutes pass and Marinette still isn't here. The doctors have left Kacey with Jason and Luke who can only try and drown out the cries of their brother to make it less painful for them.

Jason whips his phone out and is about to call Marinette again, but they fly into the room. Literally. They stumbled and tripped over their own feet and flew into the room. Luke and Jason take the belts off his arms and quickly back away from the bed.

Luke: Sorry, but we're gonna have to leave this to you! He wouldn't hurt you no matter what!

Jason: Yeah, what he said!

They quickly leave the room before Kacey can find things to start flinging around like it's Gorilla shit.

He jumps out of bed; eyes blood shot, wrists bruised with red imprints, breathing heavy. His eyes dart around the room in a panic before they land on a somewhat scared bluenette in the middle of the room.

Kacey: It's... It's you...

Marinette: Me?

Kacey: The- The girl from the pictures! It's you!

Marinette: Uh-... Hey?

Kacey: I've heard a lot about you! Jason and Luke come by everyday to tell me about our friends!

Marinette: That's... That's great!

Kacey: We're we really good friends before?

Marinette: Yeah, we are. You're one of my best friends.

Kacey: I am?

Marinette: Yeah! You're really cool to hang around.

Kacey: Then... Then how come you never visited? Luke and Jason said that... it was something I did... Is that true?

Marinette: N-No! That's not it! That's not it at all! You didn't do anything! It's something personal, but I promise you didn't do anything!

Kacey: R-Really?

Marinette: Yeah, of course.

They sit next to him on the side of the bed and starts twisting the ring on their finger. Kacey takes notice of this, and tries to compare his to theirs.

Kacey: Hey! Our rings match... Did you get them?

Marinette: No, actually, you did.

Kacey: Oh. I like them.

Marinette: I do too! Uhm-... How much do you remember?

Kacey: Not much... Barely anything at all if you want the cold hard truth.

Marinette: I heard that when you hear familiar things from your life before an accident you'll get your memories back. Maybe if we try that, you'll remember everything!

Kacey: Can we!? Can we do that!?

Marinette: Let's do it!

Kacey: Alright!

They start scrolling through their videos and play the sounds from all the videos. He doesn't remember any of it, so they open their Spotify playlist.

Marinette: Let's see if... this works!

Kacey: If what works?

Marinette: You'll see...

They play "Love Nwantiti" and Kacey freezes and goes wide eyed like he's facing his biggest fear at that moment.

Marinette: I don't know if this means anything to you, but... I hope you remember.

Kacey: The...

Marinette: The what?

Kacey: The Eiffel Tower...

Marinette: W-What?

He touches the necklace around his neck and looks at his Miraculous.

Kacey: The Eiffel Tower! The elevator! André's ice cream! The burger joint! The rings! Plagg! Our dance! I...I remember!

Plagg flies out of Marinette's purse and lands on Kacey's shoulder.

Plagg: Cheese wheel boy!

Kacey: Plagg!

Kacey looks around for his backpack and pulls out a cheese wheel that looks like it's aged a bit, which it probably has considering it's been in there for 6 months.

Plagg takes the cheese wheel and starts flying around with Tikki who had come out of Marinette's purse chomping on a macaroon.

Marinette: So...

Kacey: What now...?

Marinette: I...don't know...

Kacey sits down next to them and takes their hand in his. They want to pull their hand away, knowing what will happen if he asks them to be with him, but they can't bring themself to do it.

Kacey: I meant every word I said... I... I lov-

The door slams open and a very panicked looking Jason walks in, grabs Marinette and starts pushing them out the door.

Jason: You know who is here, you've gotta go! Luke is distracting her! Move, move, move!

When they're out the door they put their hood up and start running out of the hospital.

Jason: Kacey, I promise I will explain everything, but right now, I need you to trust me when I say that you're not gonna want to-

Luke: LOOK! LOOK WHO'S HERE, JASON! MRS. ARCS IS HERE!

Jason: HI, AUNTIE!

Kacey looks at them like they're crazy and his mom walks into the room with a basket of food.

Mrs. Arcs: Hola, Mijo! I've come with food for you.

Kacey: Thank you, Mama...

He takes a cookie out of the basket and takes small bites of it trying not to cry.

Kacey: Mama...why didn't Marinette ever visit?

Mrs. Arcs: She didn't tell you, Mijo?

Kacey: Tell me...what?

Mrs. Arcs: (Sigh) I knew she wouldn't. Mijo...she has a boyfriend now...

Kacey: W-what?

Mrs. Arcs: That blonde model boy. He's her boyfriend now.

Kacey: But I thought... I thought she liked me... She said she hated him...

Mrs. Arcs: Kacey, honey, you have to hear this...

She pulls out her phone and plays a recording. Turns out she hired a voice actor and an hacker to make it for her. Even if it's checked by Markov, it will still say that it's Marinette's voice.

Marinette (fake): What do I think about Kacey? He's not my type to be honest. I mean, yeah, he's hot and all and judging by his clothes probably loaded, but he just doesn't have it. He thinks he's so great just because every girl is a on him! His ego is bigger than his pockets probably are! If I'm being for real, Adrien is a million times better! Yeah, he has a handful of fan girls, but at least he doesn't sleep with all of them like his life depends on it!

As Kacey listens to the audio he tries to hold back tears trying to figure out if what he's hearing is the real Marinette or not.

Marinette (fake): Speaking realistically, he probably gave every girl an STD, got 'em pregnant or fucked them and left them high and dry like the dirty bastard he is.

His mom cuts the audio off and he sits there trying to swallow the sobs he doesn't want to let out.

Mrs. Arcs: It's ok, Kacey. She wasn't right for you anyway, and Clara thinks it's her fault for you being here which, when you think about it, it is.

Kacey: N-No...it's not her fault... She- She wouldn't say things like that... I- I love her and- and I know she feels the same! I just need to up my game!

Jason: Up your game?

Kacey: If she really is dating that blonde guy, then I'mma become Mr. StealYourGirl!

He runs out of the room to the front desk where his dad is waiting.

Kacey: DAD! DAD! SIGN FOR MY EARLY RELEASE! SIGH FOR IT PLEASE!

Mr. Arcs: Kacey, that is not best idea.

Kacey: YES IT IS! DAD, PLEASE SIGN!

He takes the clipboard from the receptionist and shoves it in his dad's hands.

Mrs. Arcs: Kacey, what are you doing!?

Kacey: I'm chasing a girl! You never liked her, so fuck you! Dad, please...just sign your name. Put my name at the top. Under guardian check the word "father". Dad, I'm putting my image as a man on the line here, so please just sign your name on the dotted line!

Mr. Arcs: Kacey, I-

At this point Kacey has said fuck dignity. He falls to his knees, clasps his hands together, bows his head like he's worshiping a God and starts throwing all his morals out the window.

Kacey: SIGN THE LINE! PLEASE SIGN THE LINE! I DON'T CARE ABOUT MORALS, DIGNITY OR MY IMAGE AS A MAN, I JUST NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!

Jason and Luke watch in shock as they have never in their lives seen Kacey so desperate for anything in his entire life.

Jason: He's begging!

Luke: He's groveling!

Luke & Jason: HE'S IN LOVE!

Kacey continues to beg until his father finally gives in.

Mr. Arcs: I will sign papers, just get off ground!

Kacey: Really? Really, dad!? You'll sign!?

Mr. Arcs: Yes, I will sign. I will sign so you can be happy fucking the girl.

Kacey: DAD!

Mr. Arcs: You will get the girl pregnant.

Kacey: DAD!

Mr. Arcs: And you will have very strong son or daughter to carry on the family name.

Kacey: NO! WELL...MAYBE! NO! POSSIBLY!? THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS IS ABOUT! THIS IS ABOUT ME TRYING TO BE A MAN, BECOME MR. STEALYOURGIRL AND GET MY WOMAN! NOT YOU WANTING ME TO BONE SAID WOMAN LIKE YOU DO TO MY HYPOCRITICAL, OVERBEARING, CONTROLLING MOTHER!

Luke and Jason fall to the floor laughing and Kacey's face goes red knowing that he's got the entire hallway's attention.

His father signs the papers and hands them back to the receptionist who takes Kacey's name off of the patient roster.

Receptionist: You're free to leave whenever you like, young man.

Kacey: I'M FREE! THANK YOU, DAD! THANK YOU! WHERE IS SHE!?

Luke: Resources say she's hanging out at the park by the old train tracks, and the little bug is still at the hotel. You didn't hear it from me, but she's hanging upside down from a tree.

Jason: Easy kissing access for you if I do say so myself.

Mrs. Arcs: You will not go there at this time! It's late and is going to rain!

Mr. Arcs: You can get there fast if you run. Just be careful.

Kacey: I will! Thank you, dad!

He hugs his dad and runs out of the hospital to get to the train tracks.

Mrs. Arcs: What are you thinking!? It is late, he could get hurt, and that girl is no good for-

Mr. Arcs: I will be wanting a divorce!

While drama is stirring at the hospital, Kacey is bolting like his life depends on getting to the train tracks.

Plagg: Slow down, Kacey! Where do you have to be!?

Kacey: I have to get to the train tracks! I have to see her!

Plagg: She'll still be there when you get there!

Kacey: You don't know that, Plagg! You can go hang with Tikki if you want.

Plagg: Really?

Kacey: Yeah. You deserve to have fun too, am I right?

Plagg: Yeah, totally!

He flies out of Kacey's pocket back to the hotel while Kacey starts running faster to get to the train tracks. He knows he's in the home stretch when he sees the train tracks and Marinette hanging upside down in the tree just like Luke said.

He walks like he's on a tightrope across the tracks and hops down. He stands in front of an upside down Marinette who looks like their sleeping.

Kacey: (She is so out of my fucking league...)

He stares at them for a while before they open their eyes and when they see him they fall out of the tree.

Marinette: H-Hey! What are you doing here!? How did you get here!? Is your mother here!?

They get up and try to leave but Kacey grabs their arm and stops them.

Kacey: No, my mom isn't here. I ran here from the hospital, and I am quite tired in case you were wondering.

Marinette: I wasn't, but thanks for that little piece of info.

They try to leave again, but Kacey stops them again.

Kacey: We've got to talk, Mari.

Marinette: We really don't.

They try to pull away, but he holds them tighter.

Kacey: Marinette. We have to.

Marinette: No. You don't understand-

Kacey: No, you don't understand! Whatever's going on with you, you don't have to go through it alone...

He pulls them into a hug and sits them both at the trunk of the tree.

Kacey: Listen, I want this- I want us to work out, but if you won't tell me what's wrong, I can't help you.

Marinette: I- I can't...

Kacey: Is it me?

Marinette: No.

Kacey: Are you in trouble?

Marinette: Kinda...

Kacey: Is someone after you?

Marinette: When you word it like that, possibly.

Kacey: Marr, please...just talk to me...

They finally break and start crying like crazy. Every time they try to talk another sob escapes their throat.

Marinette: She- She- Send back to- Don't wanna lose you- Back to Spain- Gonna die if I didn't-

Kacey: Whoa, whoa, whoa! Slow down, Bluebell! Tell me exactly what happened, and who is she?

Marinette: When you first got to the hospital, after we got to our rooms...they said you needed a blood transfusion, so I agreed, but...

Kacey: But?

Marinette: Your mom wouldn't let me until I agreed to not see you anymore. They told her that you were gonna die, but she...she just didn't wanna hear it. I- I only said I'd stay away from you because- because I didn't want you to die.

Kacey: I- I don't know what to say...

Marinette: Clara hates me, say something about that.

Kacey: I don't care what they think.

Marinette: I do!

Kacey: Well I don't!

Marinette: It doesn't matter what you think! No matter what, your mom is gonna hate me!

Kacey: Well, I don't hate you!

Marinette: It doesn't matter!

Kacey: Why!? Why doesn't it matter!? I don't hate you, so why does it bother you so much!?

Marinette: BECAUSE I DON'T WANT YOU TO GO BACK TO SPAIN!

Kacey: W-What? Why would I-

Marinette: Mrs. Arcs said that if she sees me with you, then she'll take you back to Spain!

Kacey: I'm not leaving no matter what!

Marinette: How many times do I have to say this!? It! Doesn't! Matter! She hates me and she'll find every way to take you back to Spain with her!

Kacey: No, she's not! It doesn't matter what she thinks! It doesn't matter what anyone thinks! All that matters is what I think!

He lifts their face up to make them look him in the eyes.

Kacey: I don't care about what she says. All I know is that I think you're amazing. I've never met anyone like you, and I'd give it all up if I could be with you forever. Marinette Dupain-Cheng, I love you. I've loved you for so long, and I would love if you were my girlfriend... Will you...be my girlfriend?

Marinette: Y-yes!

Kacey: Fuck! I knew I should've- Wait! Did you say yes!?

Marinette: No, I said go fuck yourself- yes I said yes!

He pulls them into a deep kiss as it starts to rain. They pull away from each other and look up as lightening rolls across the sky.

Kacey: First one back makes the other BnB tomorrow?

Marinette: Your on!

They get up and start running through the rain back to the hotel jumping in the small puddles and laughing the whole way.

Little do they know everything is going to get worse but at the same time a little better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75K 1.5K 13
This is My first story so I hope you enjoy!!! Plus this will be daminette. Lila manages to get the class under her control only Marinette's true fri...
179K 3.9K 20
What if Lila really did destroy Marinette's life after Chameleon? What if her only friend... ...was Adrien? -0-0-0- Cover by @Miraculousxoxoxoxox Pub...
40.1K 1.1K 20
It's the first day of the new school year at Françoise Dupont High School in Paris. Marinette is positive that this year will be the best it has been...
16K 283 22
Y/n recently moved to paris and she also joined Françoise Dupont High School. She was afraid that she won't be able to make friends.... But the desti...