Redamancy | BTS

By strawberheecake

Redamancy (n.) - a love returned in full. A hybrid BTS x reader AU. Started: April 19, 2021 Completed: Janu... More

0 - Prologue
1 - The Will
2 - Questions
3 - First Impressions
4 - Intentions
5 - The Revelation
6 - Hidden Messages
7 - Bentos & Blueprints
8 - Misunderstanding
9 - Tickles & Cub Bites
10 - Pack Representatives
11 - New Rules
12 - Dessert
13 - Cub vs. Bear
14 - Surprise
15 - Forever Cub
16 - Sunshine
17 - Connections
18 - Kitchen Appliance Nightmare
19 - Trust
20 - Intern Kim
21 - Red
22 - Binnie, Junie, & Beomie
23 - Heartbeats & Cuddles
24 - Headlines
25 - Housewarming Gift
26 - Hot off the Press
27 - Chance Encounter
28 - Written in the Stars
29 - POV
30 - Family
31 - Boss Woman
32 - Officially Mine
33 - Dirty Little Secrets
34 - Attention, Please!
35 - Chocolate Cake
36 - Cub Wrangling
37 - New Routines
38 - Take Your Pick
40 - Redamancy
BTS Imagine Post
French Translation
Russian Translation
Sequel Short Stories

39 - New Beginnings

14.7K 724 980
By strawberheecake

"To be honest, I wasn't sure if we would make it back in one piece or not," Hoseok whistles amusingly with a slight chuckle as he enters the kitchen after you.

"And why is that? Did you two do something reckless while you were out?" Seokjin questions from where he's pouring himself a glass of water at the kitchen island. The eldest male glances between you and Hoseok as the two of you approach him, paying close attention to the differences in your body language and the silent message they exude. It takes less than a second for him to recognize the sudden shift in dynamics that took place between you two and a knowing smirk threatens to pull at the corner of his lips.

"You know me, Jinnie. I'm never reckless," Hoseok refutes, placing a dainty hand on his sternum as if to emphasize his point.

"That may be true, but I also recognize the look on Y/N's face. Her expression just screams, 'I'm flustered and I don't know what to do with myself.' It's the signature expression anyone has after you go all dom on them, sugarplum."

In all honesty, flustered is an understatement for how you feel at the moment. On one hand, it feels like your insides are burning hotter than hell itself. Yet, on the other hand, it feels like you're ice cold and only Hoseok's touch can give you any sense of warmth.

On top of that, for better or for worse, your mind won't stop replaying the images and feelings of the red panda hybrid turning what was a seemingly quick pit stop to switch vehicles into a hot makeout session. You can still feel the ghosting touch of his hands roaming from your jaw to your neck then your arms, and eventually down to your waist and back. Hoseok is undoubtedly skilled in the practice of light touches to make whoever he's kissing go insane. His fingers danced across your skin at just the right moments, leaving a trail of goosebumps in his wake.

Of course, the red panda hybrid's lips also worked wonders. You have to clear your throat to compose yourself when your mind decides to spontaneously remind you of when the red panda hybrid began trailing kisses away from your lips and down the side of your jaw until he was nibbling and biting softly at the smooth skin on your neck. Out of pure instinct, one of your hands flies up to cup the exact spot and a small shiver runs through your body when your skin begins to tingle at the memory.

"You finally kissed her, Hope-ah?" Yoongi questions with a smirk as he strolls into the room. The snow leopard's tail dances in fluid motions behind him - the pattern of his movements leads you to believe that he knew that this was coming. "Will you finally stop complaining about it to me during our cuddles now?"

There it is.

"I thought you said you were good at hiding it?" you ask when Yoongi's words finally catch your attention. When you turn to face Hoseok and look him in the eyes for the first time since he kissed you senselessly, it's now the red panda hybrid's turn to recoil timidly.

"I never specified whom I was good at hiding it from. I'm only good at hiding it from you," Hoseok explains, his tone of voice dropping down to a soft, bashful murmur.

Is this even the same hybrid that switched up on you so quickly not too long ago? His duality will truly never cease to amaze you.

"What took you guys so long? We finished the seating chart ages ago and were ready to visit the house like 10 minutes after you two left." Taehyung rambles as he and Jimin enter the kitchen hand-in-hand. The tiger hybrid is swinging their hands back and forth while the fox hybrid follows after him with the seating chart in his vacant hand.

"Only ten minutes? I thought it would have taken longer," you muse. When you reach a hand out for the seating chart, Jimin instantly hands the paper over to you for you to look at.

"Longer? They broke out into a wrestling match like three minutes into the discussion," Namjoon snorts as he also enters the kitchen to gather with the crowd.

"Who? Jungkook?" you question, quirking an eyebrow as you look for the missing panther hybrid.

Didn't you just have a talk with him about this?

"No, Seokjin and Taehyung." Jimin's response comes as a slight shock and befuddles you for a moment.

"Jin? Weren't you the one complaining about how unnecessary a written seating chart was?" you ask in confusion.

"I still think it's unnecessary, but I wasn't fighting over the paper. I was fighting the cub because he was being a little brat," the older male states matter-of-factly.

"Sure," Jungkook sing-songs with a subtle teasing eyeroll as he finally enters the kitchen. "It's not because you and Tae both wanted to sit in the passenger seat next to Y/N, but since you're the fake youngest, instead of talking it out, you resorted to bickering with him."

"Why am I being attacked like this?" Seokjin huffs as he throws the youngest pack member a pointed look.

"Because sometimes you let a little bit of your inner Jungkook slip - never knowing how to act your age - thus giving you moments that are a hundred percent teasable," Yoongi summarizes as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"I just think it's ironic how neither of you ended up getting the passenger seat," you muse as you glance down at the seating chart Jimin drew.

"I pointed out how we should at least pity Jungkookie a little bit and give him the passenger seat which Namjoon and Yoongi agreed to. So, Jinnie and Tae get the next best seats," Jimin admits, stepping closer to you to explain the chart.

"Pity Kookie," Taehyung grumbles under his breath, his tone sounding something akin to a chuff when he's in his tiger form, and his ears flatten in displeasure on the top of his head. "That kid deserves to be the last to get kissed for all of the trouble he's brought me."

"Which, by the looks, or rather smell, of it is approaching soon," Jungkook smirks, stepping in between you and Jimin so that he can dip down to lightly nudge your neck with the tip of his nose.

You shiver slightly when the panther presses exactly against the spot that Hoseok had gently nibbled on. While you haven't seen yourself in the mirror since then, you're certain the red panda hybrid didn't bite hard enough to leave any marks. But you suppose with their hybrid senses, Hoseok's scent seems to emanate the strongest there.

"You still have to wait for Jiminie, kitty," you remind Jungkook as you reach up to cup the bottom of his chin so that you can spin around to look him in the eyes. "Who knows how long I'd like to drag this one out," you add with a smirk.

"Hey, don't I get a say in this?" Jimin pouts at you from behind Jungkook. Your gaze shifts over the panther hybrid's shoulder and you hold the older male's gaze for a few seconds before giving him a slight smirk.

"Shall we?" You motion towards the garage without answering Jimin's question before leading the way to the van you and Hoseok just picked up.

As everyone follows behind you, a small smile pulls on your lips when you hear the red panda hybrid finally look at the seating chart.

"Why am I not surprised that I have the seat in the back of the van?" he grumbles.

"Because you weren't present and the cubs and Jin took advantage of that," Namjoon chuckles, giving Hoseok a gentle pat on the back.

"At least I get to sit in between you and Yoongles."

. . .

The moment you turn onto the all-too-familiar road, you can practically feel the spike in excited energy elevate within the van. Jungkook sits up a little straighter and his ears stand tall in anticipation as he glances around at the road excitedly.

"It looks so different even though nothing here has changed," he murmurs in fascination. In the heat of his eagerness, his tail unconsciously winds itself around your vacant hand that's resting on the gear stick.

"The trees have changed," you note. "They've grown since you last saw them."

"That's true," Jungkook nods in agreement. "I bet Namjoonie's feeling all sentimental about that right now."

"Let me appreciate my tree babies in peace," the pack leader grumbles from the back, but there's an evident smile resting on his lips as he says it.

When you finally pull into the small clearing that used to be a makeshift parking lot, everyone including yourself lets out a collective gasp. A lot of the trees have been cleared out so that the once pedestrian-only trail leading into the main clearing is now wide enough for large construction vehicles to pass through.

Just from where you are, you can already see the beautiful exterior of the pack's new house. And true to the contractor's words, the house looks nearly finished. If the pack really wanted to, they could practically sleep there tonight if they don't mind sleeping on the hardwood floors.

"It's better than I could have imagined," Taehyung gushes as you drive up to the garage of the house. When the vehicle is finally parked, the eight of you waste no time climbing out so that you can actually explore the house on foot.

"I'm going to admit, when I first saw the modern design of the house on the blueprints, I thought it would stick out of the forest setting like a sore thumb," you say, standing in front of the van to admire the house. "But now that I'm seeing it in person, I think the dark neutral tones help it blend in really well."

"I'm in love with the place already," Hoseok sighs dreamily.

"Let's go take a look inside so that you can, hopefully, fall in love even more," you suggest with a giggle.

As the front door opens to reveal the open concept of the house's first floor, everyone takes another collective gasp. Taehyung rushes up to you and grabs onto your hand before excitedly tugging you in along with him.

"Look at the living room!"

"I love the open concept!"

"It's not even furnished yet but it already feels like home."

Yoongi's comment makes you realize the extremely subtle change in the atmosphere just among the pack members themselves. When you're with them at their temporary house, there's definitely a feel of togetherness and family. However, here at this house, it just feels right. Like he said, this is home.

"They already put in the countertops Yoongi and I were looking at just two weeks ago," Seokjin gasps as he walks over to the kitchen and brushes a hand along the smooth stone.

"I think all that's left are some small finishings on the third floor and then they're done. So, the contracting team should be done by tomorrow, the cleaning crew can come in the following day, and I'll contact the furnishing and team after that."

"So we can move into this house soon?" Taehyung asks hopefully, giving your hand a soft squeeze as he blinks at you cutely.

"I'd say by the end of this weekend," you nod in confirmation.

"We need to start deciding which room is whose!" Jungkook gasps, turning to look at everyone with a competitive glint twinkling in his eyes.

Within a heartbeat, the youngest hybrid is taking off towards the staircase as everyone scrambles to catch up behind him. A small squeak of surprise slips past your lips when Taehyung drags you along with him and you almost trip over your own feet trying to keep up with the tiger hybrid's fast pace.

Since everyone has already seen the house's blueprints, they know where all of the bedrooms are located on the second floor. At one point, you gently loosen yourself from Taehyung's grip to allow the older male to roam about freely so that he can get a proper glimpse at all of the rooms without you.

"I call dibs on this room!" You hear Jungkook's voice echo from down the hallway somewhere.

"This one's mine!" Jimin yells excitedly from the room closest to you.

"Good pick, Jimine," you say with a wink as you poke your head into the room. "This is one of the few rooms with a balcony."

"Which is exactly why I picked it," the fox hybrid smiles back.

"Oh my stars, this room is huge. It's twice the size of the other rooms!" Hoseok exclaims from the very end of the hall.

"That's the den, Hobi," you call back as everyone automatically makes their way to where the red panda hybrid is currently standing.

"Might as well just call the other rooms our offices our something," Yoonig murmurs. "I have a feeling we'll be spending most of our time in here together."

"That's so cute," you coo.

"Wait, who has the room next to this one?" Jungkook asks.

"No one," you shrug.

"Perfect! It can be your room, Y/N," Namjoon notes happily.

"Oh, my room?"

The entire pack goes silent for a moment after Namjoon's small slip-up. For the past couple of months, you've stayed over with the pack on occasions. But for the most part, you're still a frequent resident at your own apartment on most nights so the pack leader's proclamation was not something that was previously discussed.

"O-oh, for when you visit us, I suppose," Namjoon stutters in embarrassment, reaching a hand up to rub awkwardly at the back of his neck.

"Unless you'd like to move in with us? You've been sleeping over at our house almost all this week and it feels like such a natural thing to have you with us," Hoseok suggests hopefully.

"Oh," you hum quietly, not really sure how to respond to this sudden proposal. 

On one hand, a part of you is unsure if you're ready to move out of your current apartment and in with the pack. You haven't known the pack long enough so perhaps this might be rushing everything? Then there's also the location aspect - your current apartment is in the city and rather close the HK Holdings. The pack's new house is a little farther from the company which will add to your commute to work daily. Yet, on the other hand, you're ready to throw everything away so that you can move in with the pack because you feel like the best version of yourself when you're with them.

"You don't have to answer the question now," Seokjin adds when he senses your hesitation. "We understand that it was a sudden question so you can take your time to think about it-"

"I'd like to move in," you cut the sugar glider hybrid off. "If it's okay with all of you, of course."

"We're more than okay with it, sweetheart," Yoongi smiles warmly at you.

"Are you sure, though? You seemed a little hesitant a moment before," Jimin asks worriedly as he reaches out to place a gentle touch on your arm.

"Yeah, I'm sure," you nod confidently. "I'll treat it as a new beginning for me - for all of us really. I'm finally starting a life that I'm in control of and you're all starting a new chapter of your lives in this new house."

"Okay, then this will be Y/N's room," Namjoon concludes with a firm nod while motioning to the last vacant room.

"How about we spend some more time just exploring the house and then afterward, I'll show you my grandparents' mansion?" you ask after a beat of silence.

"Okay, I want to go! Why are we going, though?" Jungkook asks, his tone dripping with excitement and curiosity.

"I just wanted to show you guys before I potentially sell their mansion," you shrug.

"Sounds like a plan," Namjoon nods. "I'd say we'll only need another thirty minutes here before we head over to your grandparents' home."

"Alright, let's meet on the first floor in half an hour."

"Jiminie, come play in the creek with me!" Taehyung smiles excitedly, reaching out to the fox hybrid.

"Hold on, pudding." Seokjin stops the tiger hybrid before he can take another step or utter another syllable. "I know you were looking forward to playing in the creek with Jiminie, but the sun's starting the set which means the temperature outside is going to start cooling. I don't want you to catch a cold. Let's wait until next time to play in the creek, okay?"

"I have to agree with Jin on this one, Tae. Maybe next time," Namjoon joins in.

"Can I at least go to look at the creek?" the tiger hybrid pouts dejectedly.

"That's fine, Tae Tae. I'll go with you to look at the creek," Hoseok offers, reaching a hand out for the younger male to hold. Taehyung brightens at the older male's offer and instantly slips a hand into his.

"Jimine, are you coming with us?" Hoseok asks.

"I think I'll stay to check out the house a little more," the fox hybrid responds with a small shake of his head.

"I'll go with you guys," Jungkook announces before winding his tail around Hoseok's vacant arm.

"Alright, let's go, little cubs. We'll be back in 30 minutes."

The moment the three hybrids leave the den, everyone else slowly starts to disperse to explore the house on their own.

"Come with me," Jimin whispers to you while gently tapping you on the back with his tail. You wordlessly follow behind the fox hybrid, but you're slightly confused when he leads you back to the room he claimed earlier.

"When you said you wanted to explore the house a little more, I expected you to explore the rooms you haven't visited yet," you tease.

"Well, I wanted to explore the balcony of this room - I haven't been there yet, I've only seen it," Jimin responds with a smile.

"Fair enough," you giggle.

When he opens the sliding door leading out to the empty balcony, the two of you naturally find your place by leaning against the railing. A calm silence settles as you look out into the forest. At one point, you close your eyes and tilt your chin up to appreciate the glimmering rays of the setting sun.

"Jihyun used to love stargazing," Jimin whispers, breaking the silence. His tone is barely audible and you're sure you would have missed his comment if it weren't for the unfamiliar name. "That's why I chose this room, you know?"

When you turn to glance at the fox hybrid, your heart nearly breaks at the sullen upwards turn pulling on his lips as he smiles sadly at the sky.

"Jihyun?" you ask quietly.

"My younger brother."

Jimin's answer causes you to suck in a quick breath. You've only ever heard about his younger brother a few times. And although the fox hybrid didn't say much, you heard enough to quickly grasp how much those memories still haunt him to this day.

"He did?" you prod gently, giving the older male the opportunity to either respond or drop the conversation altogether.

"On the nights where the sky was clear, we would lie at the entrance of the cave we were hiding in and peer up at the sky. We'd count the stars until our eyelids felt heavy," Jimin smiles as he recalls the distant memory. "Most times, he'd fall asleep before we could move back into the safety of the cave so I always carried him back with me."

"You're such a good brother," you note with a smile.

"I don't-"

"I'm going to stop you right there because I know what you're about to say and I don't want to hear it. I don't care if that's your opinion because you're wrong," you cut the fox hybrid off sternly. "In most cases, I would respect your opinion, but this is not one of those cases. You were a great brother to Jihyun. You did everything to protect him and I think you were doing a great job especially considering your young age at the time."

"He died on my watch, Y/N," Jimin whispers, his voice cracking at the very end due to the overbearing feeling of raw emotions.

"It wasn't your fault, Jiminie." You don't hesitate to step close to the fox hybrid so that you can snake your arms around his waist. "I know you may think it was your fault because he was alone at the time, but it's not like you left him there while you went out to frolic in the forest. You were out hunting for food in order to help the both of you survive. I wish you would look at the bigger picture instead of getting stuck on this one detail."

"I know. The rest of the pack says the same thing. It's just hard, you know?" Jimin sighs.

"I know, and no one expects it to be easy. When you lose a loved one, you never move on from it. You just learn to cope with it - that pain will always be there. Just remind yourself that it wasn't your fault when you notice yourself falling down that rabbit hole, okay? I know it's on your mind often, but you've gotten really good at hiding it from the pack, haven't you?"

"Every day - I think about Jihyun every day," the older male admits.

"I know, Jiminie," you nod before leaning down to rest your head on his shoulder in a snuggle. "Have you ever visited him after his death?"

"No, I never found the courage to go back."

"Because it's a traumatic location?"

"Because I'm too ashamed to face him," he corrects you, turning down to look at you. When you look up to meet his gaze, you can see all of the emotions swirling around in his irises.

"One day, when you're ready, let's go visit him together. I think this moment is haunting you more than it should because you never got the proper closure," you suggest after a moment of silence.

"Do you think that will help?" the older male asks warily.

"I honestly don't know," you admit. "But it's worth a shot, right? Plus, I'd like to visit him to tell him how wonderful his older brother grew up to be. I bet he'd be very proud of you."

"Thank you, Y/N."

When Jimin finally cracks a smile, you feel like you can breathe again. You can't help but match his smile in return.

"No need to thank me, Jimin," you shake your head softly.

"But I want to. Thank you for being so patient with me. I know I was a dick to you when we first met. But even then, each time you visited, you were always so understanding of my behavior and I'm so thankful that you were. If you hadn't been, I would have missed out on the opportunity of meeting my favorite person in this entire universe."

"Favorite person in the universe?" you muse while leaning up on your tippy-toes to bring your faces closer together. "That's a pretty big title."

"A well-deserved title too," Jimin smiles shyly as he leans down slightly to meet you at the center.

When your lips connect, the fox hybrid shifts his body so that he can hold you directly with his hands wrapped around your waist. You feel him smile and giggle softly into the kiss which makes you do the same. The kiss is sweet and gentle, perfectly matching the side of Jimin you've gotten to know really well these past few months.

"Yes! It's finally my turn!" Jungkook's excited voice startles the both of you and you jump apart in alarm. When you glance around, you spot the panther jumping about where the trees open up in front of Jimin's balcony. Hoseok and Taehyung soon approach the youngest cub from within the trees with knowing smiles on their faces.

"C'mon, love birds. It's been 30 minutes. Let's go to our next destination," Hoseok teases.

"What a way to ruin the mood," Jimin grumbles but there's a certain lightness in his tone that you associate with happiness.

"C'mon, little foxy," you giggle, leaning up to leave one last peck on his lips. "Don't want to keep them waiting now, do we?" 

♡ ♡ ♡

Happy Monday, my precious Dalgis! Ahh it's the second to last chapter? How are we feeling? 

Question of the Week: Who is your most memorable fictional crush? (Thank you to Anne-J0820 for the question!) 
Lmao, this is lowkey kind of embarrassing for me to admit, but I used to have a  huge crush on the cartoon character Danny Phantom. I honestly can't even tell you what the show was about because I was so young when I watched it, but I just know I really liked the show because I thought he was cute
💀

So much is going on within the groups that I follow, omg. First BTS is releasing their artist-made collection which is so expensive - yet they're all sold out. Like damn, some Army do be rich rich! And then, today was Enhypens comeback! Like pls, I am deceased after the MV. But I won't bore you with my rant so come join me on Discord if you want to talk about Enhypen with me, haha. 

I've had a pretty busy week with my internship starting last Wednesday, but I'm glad that I forced myself to write this chapter little by little each night because it definitely helped me feel a lot less rushed than I would have felt if I had saved it all for today. (Today's update is over 4,000 words so I'm kinda really proud about that, haha.) 

I really look forward to sharing the last chapter with you all next week. I'm so sad that this book is ending because it's been my favorite to write so far, but I'm also so excited. Until then, I hope you all stay safe, happy, and healthy! I love you so much 💖

Until next Monday,
Dalgi Jungoo
 🍓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 13.2K 53
~~~~ A Sugar Mama but much more sweeter. ~~~~ Hybrid!Yoongi x Reader ⚠️~ MATURE THEMES ~⚠️ ~ 06/01/2020 - 17/11/2020~
145K 6.6K 29
[ 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟒 ] Published: June 2022 Completed: July 2022
Pack By Bailey

Fanfiction

84.5K 2.3K 21
|Completed| An omegaverse fiction in which the boys are all hybrids and Jimin is in love with Yoongi as well as Yoongi being in love with Jimin. Al...
7.1K 415 20
"I loved you then, and I still love you. The question is, do you love me?" Where Taehyung and Jimin are officially dating and Jungkook is in love wi...