Outsider Syndrome: Everlastin...

By Mistyped_

A collection of bonus chapters for my book Outsider Syndrome, featuring unexplored storylines, newer characte... More

ใ€ + ๐…๐Ž๐‘๐„๐–๐Ž๐‘๐ƒ ใ€‘
ใ€ ๐ŸŽ. ๐“๐€๐๐‹๐„ ๐Ž๐… ๐‚๐Ž๐๐“๐„๐๐“๐’ ใ€‘
ใ€ ๐Ÿอ. ๐’๐ˆ๐ƒ๐„ ๐’อ๐“อ๐Žอ๐‘อ๐˜ ใ€‘
โ˜… โ”โ” ๐™๐™ก๐™–๐™จ๐™๐™—๐™–๐™˜๐™ 
Chapter 1 - "Smiling Sachiko"
Chapter 2 - "Until the End of Time"
Chapter 3 - "When I Can't"
Chapter 4 - "The Past, Present, and Future"
โ˜… โ”โ” ๐˜ฝ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™๐™™๐™–๐™ฎ ๐˜ฝ๐™–๐™จ๐™
Chapter 1 - "Six Boys, One Girl"
Chapter 2 - "Party Preparations I"
Chapter 3 - "Party Preparations II"
โ˜… โ”โ” ๐™๐™จ๐™ช๐™ข๐™ช๐™œ๐™ž ๐™๐™จ๐™ช๐™ ๐™–๐™๐™–๐™ง๐™–
Chapter 1 - "Do You Believe In Fate?"
Chapter 2 - "Our First Conversation"
Chapter 3 - "I'll Give It My Best Shot"
โ˜… โ”โ” ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ค ๐™†๐™ž๐™จ๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™œ๐™ž
Chapter 1 - "Sisterly Fights"
Chapter 2 - "Ryota the Familiar"
ใ€ ๐Ÿ. ๐€๐…๐“๐„๐‘ ๐’๐“๐Ž๐‘๐˜ ใ€‘
โ˜… โ”โ” ๐˜ฟ๐™–๐™ž๐™จ๐™ช๐™ ๐™š ๐™†๐™–๐™ข๐™–๐™ ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ž
Chapter 1 - "Special"
Chapter 2 - "Intimacy"
Chapter 3 - "Out of Touch"
Chapter 4 - "Past Ties"
Chapter 5 - "Prince and Princess"
โ˜… โ”โ” ๐˜ฝ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ง๐™ž ๐™๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™œ๐™ช๐™˜๐™๐™ž
Chapter 1 - "Perfectionist"
Chapter 2 - "Heat of Desire"
Chapter 3 - "Adore You"
Chapter 4 - "Over and Over"
Bonus - "Favourite Piece of Art"
โ˜… โ”โ” ๐™…๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™‰๐™–๐™ง๐™ช๐™ข๐™ž
Chapter 1 - "Sick Day"
Chapter 2 - "Nurse Naru"
Bonus - "Something To Hold Onto"
โ˜… โ”โ” ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ˆ๐™ž๐™ฏ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™–
Chapter 1 - "Crescendo"
Chapter 2 - "Live in the Moment"
Chapter 3 - "It Should Be Me"
Chapter 4 - "Duet of our Hearts"
Bonus - "Promise for the Future"

Bonus - "Happily Ever After"

16 4 4
By Mistyped_

Shiina Kisaragi's POV:

PRINCE KAMAKIRI
I want to see you.
Come over.

I had a strong feeling this wasn't Kamakiri.

I was certain it wasn't him. Akiya had gotten a hold of his phone; was pulling the strings, assuming I wouldn't notice.

If, by chance, though, it wasn't Akiya. If Daisuke Kamakiri truly was on the other side of the screen right now. . .

Chastising my irregular pulse, I paced fervently around my bedroom. It wasn't like him. I'd understand if I was the one texting him this sentimental mush. We were on spring vacation, and I spent the last couple of days across the country visiting Chie's side of the family. Therefore, we hadn't gotten to see each other for a fair amount of time. Did he miss me? I notified him I'd be back today, so if the one texting me was indeed Akiya, Kamakiri would've had to inform him.

Was he messing with me, then?

I wouldn't put it past him.

He teased me for a sport.

Flopping into my bed, I pressed my thumbs to the keypad of my device. On the off chance it was Akiya, should I fire back with something random to startle him? Then again, if it was Kamakiri, and he genuinely longed to see me, I'd have ruined taking advantage of one of the rare moments he was this honest about his feelings.

What do I do?

A joke? Something sappy?

Ugh, but if I wrote something sappy, he would have another thing to tease me about!

PRINCE KAMAKIRI
Send whatever flowery garbage you're thinking on the way here.
How long do you intend to keep your owner waiting?

It was him.

As I came to terms with it, my heart liquified, and a silly smile pinned my lips. So, he missed me that much?

I snuck a glance at my bedroom door. In the hallway, Chie and Mao were having an elaborate conversation, not that I had a clue what about. I skimmed the mess I'd made when emptying my bags—primarily, my strewn clothes and souvenirs.

SHIINA
I haven't unpacked yet.

PRINCE KAMAKIRI
And?
It doesn't have to be for long,
just let me see you.

"I'm going out," I hollered, high-tailing it out the door.

Chie offered shouted of confusion while Mao, quick on the uptake, wasn't impressed.

"What does she see in him?"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

In hindsight, Kamakiri inviting me over when things were still rocky with his dad, and he regularly found any excuse to be anywhere but home, should've garnered my confusion. Nevertheless, I ran at the speed of light—arrived at his doorstep in such a short amount of time even I was mortified. Sparing a moment to catch my breath, I fidgeted from foot to foot, killing what little time I could. I should wait another five minutes. If I rapped my knuckles against the wood now, and he commented on my swiftness, I'd die of embarrassment.

"What? You were that desperate to see me? If I told you to go fetch, would you do it too?"

I could hear his dripping sarcasm now.

Come on, Shiina. He invited you over. The faster I got here, the merrier he should be, logically. I could accept him teasing me about how attached I was to him if it meant being reunited that much sooner. In no way or form was I setting my expectations too high by imagining he'd wrap me up in his arms the moment these doors pried apart. No. Of course I wasn't.

Off in my delusional train of thought, I hardly caught wind of distant voices. Due to the thin walls and the nearby window, hushed conversation poured out.

"The little lady's on her way? It's been forever since I last saw her! Like what? Half a year now?"

"Shut up, big oaf. You're not getting within five metres of her. Beat it before she arrives."

"I wanna see her, though!"

"Cool. She doesn't want to see you."

"I'll ask her when she gets here!"

"The answer isn't up for debate. You bring enough trouble with you as is. Stop ruining my life for a hobby."

Akiya was home. It'd been a hot minute since he was in the city last, where we met for the first time.

Quieting my shallow breaths, I listened in a while longer.

"She went on a trip, right? I was wondering why you've been antsy all week."

"Antsy?"

"Stop playing it cool. You've been staring into space. Couldn't finish a single book when you ordinarily inhale up to three a day. And your cooking tasted drier than the Sahara desert. Admit it, little bro. You missed her."

"Screw off."

"Aww! Is that a blush I see?"

"I'll punch you."

"The little lady works wonders, converting my headstrong little brother into a pile of mush who can't do anything right without her."

To give me the biggest heart attack of a life time, and to remind me that I was unintentionally eavesdropping, the front door slammed open. Akiya towered over me. He inched backwards, arms raised in defence. Kamakiri, with unparalleled hostility leaking from his scowl, took measured steps to drive him off.

Akiya laughed it up. "You two will make the cutest married couple someday."

At that, Kamakiri froze. "Married. . . ?"

"Aren't you the one regularly saying you'll make her happy? Marriage is kinda the ultimate form of happiness. I assumed those were your intentions but it's okay if you're not that serious about her. Most high school couples never last."

"Who said I'm not that serious about her?"

My breath hitched in my throat.

Akiya avoided me by a millimetre—instantaneously noticing I was here, listening, watching—which furthered his shock. Hastily, he waved to get his brother's attention. "Daisuke—"

"What's me and Shiina's relationship got to do with you, anyway? None of those decisions are any of your business. It's ours."

"Um, that's cute and all, but Daisuke—"

"In terms of my resolve to marry her in the future, I have it. Leave me alone, bastard, and get the hell off my property."

"Hey, little lady."

"H-hi, Akiya."

My heart slammed against my ribcage in thunderous motions. Akiya spun around, flashing me a dazzling grin. As a result, Kamakiri was left in my field of view. The amount of dread painting his face was immeasurable. He stared, bug-eyed, unblinkingly. Promptly, a tomato red blush consumed all inches of his skin. Face scorching all the same, I looked away.

Ever the mood reader, Akiya clasped my shoulders, eyes sparkling. "Can you believe it, little lady?" he shouted loud enough for the whole neighbourhood to overhear. "Daisuke's this desperate to make you his wife! How sweet, right? His love for you is adorable, right? I'm so using this plot line in my next novel!"

"Get out!" Kamakiri hissed, forcibly shoving him off the porch and far out of sight.

Despite his rebuttals, with one final boot and death threat, he took the hint. Kamakiri—the coolheaded, indifferent Kamakiri—shuffled all the way back, awkwardness clear as day. We stood in silence for a hefty period.

"You. . . got here fast," Kamakiri eventually said, eyes glued to the ground. "A new record?"

The black turtleneck he wore suited him exceptionally well. Was it possible to be this handsome? Absence made the heart grow fonder, or so I'd heard, but was it strong enough to feel like I was falling in love all over again? On sight alone? Nothing had changed from when we first met, it seemed. On all accounts, he was my type.

"Like a loyal pup, huh?" I said—the only thing that sprang to mind, cringey as it was. "Oh, I brought souvenirs. Snacks, too. Enough for multiple people, so Akiya can— Er. Your dad, too, if he's home. . ."

"I wouldn't have invited you if he was." Kamakiri frowned. "He went off somewhere and hasn't returned since. Knowing that good-for-nothing, when he finds his way back, he'll be in the worst of moods."

Now it was my turn to frown.

Kamakiri caught it.

"Your kindness will be your undoing."

"He's done unforgivable things to you, I know that," I said. "Nothing either of us say or do will ever fix things. Still, I wish it were different. That they could be."

"Me too," he said, and surprisingly, he wasn't being sarcastic. He rubbed his palm on his pants. "Akiya was getting on my nerves, by the way."

"Nerves?"

He produced a strangled noise. "That whole marriage thing. Forget everything I said."

"You. . . you didn't mean it?"

"Huh?"

Obviously, he didn't. Read between the lines.

"W-well, it's not like I've particularly thought that far ahead; about living a lovey-dovey married life with you," I stammered, flushed crimson. "Saying 'welcome home', having your surname, growing old together, never having to be apart. O-of course not. I'm not that crazy about you. Ha ha. Ha."

"Kisaragi."

"There's no guarantee we'll be together after graduation, anyway. We're more likely to go through the whole long-distance relationship shebang and slowly lose touch and eventually break it off. W-well, I'm completely okay with that. I'm content enough a-as is, with everything up to date."

"Hey."

"I'm not disappointed at all!" Nudging aside the heaviness of my heart and limbs, I extended my bag. "By the way, the souvenirs. I got you a bunch of stuff you'd absolutely love. Very fitting for my final gifts to you—"

"Idiot." I was scooped up in a comforting hug, head buried in his chest, within seconds. "When did I say anything about breaking up with you?"

"M-maybe not now, maybe you don't think you ever will, but one day— one day, you might. . ."

"There won't be a 'one day.'" His strong arms tightened, trapping me in as close to him as possible. The safety and security that accompanied his hug. The manner in which I fit perfectly in his arms. "How the hell did you jump to that conclusion?" He sunk his face into the crook of my neck. "I was playing off my embarrassment, not giving your imagination another reason to run wild. Clearly, it's been going wild, regardless. You're as faithful as your are ignorant."

"So—so you meant it?"

"I meant it," he reassured me. "I've thought about that stuff too. Nowhere near to as embarrassing of an extent, but, more or less, everything you said. The one thing that big oaf got right were my feelings of wanting to be with you down the line. I already told you: you're the only one for me. Likewise, no other guy should be an option for you. The idea itself pisses me off. The fact that you even considered it pisses me off."

How romantic.

"When I said I'd make you happy, that includes the future too."

He scooped the side of my face into his hand, half-smiling. I melted into his touch.

"I-I thought I was the one getting ahead of myself, having thoughts like this," I confessed. "But, after all, there's no way you can make me happier than you already do—than right now."

"I told you I will, so I will," he replied, matter-of-factly. "From here on out, you're forbidden from talking back on the subject. We clear?"

"Woof," I sarcastically replied.

"Aww! Happy endings!" Unbeknownst to us, Akiya had stalked back, crouched, and concealed himself by the neighbouring mailbox. "What a bizarre kink you have, too."

Kamakiri's eyebrow spasmed.

"Akiya. Wait there. I'll grab a knife."

"For what! What will you use it for?"

I stifled a laugh.

Though the contents of our fairy tale were indeed questionable, it was a happily ever after.

THE END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 1.1K 35
***FEATURED NA ROMANCE*** What happens if your fiction comes true? Eva considers herself realistic person rather than romantic. Her best friend insi...
161 27 27
It's a story of a boy. Who was just in his high school. But his life was not normal like others. Soon He got transferred in his father's friend's s...
241K 7.1K 58
I could say this is one clichรฉ story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
478 44 22
A fiction story for my discord friends UwU my English suck, ok? Started : 1/1/2021 Ended: 2/2/2021 already ended