When You're Young

By CleoLemon

Fred Weasley X Aurora Granger (OC) X George Weasley "When you're young, they assume you know nothing... But I... More

Introduction
The Troubling-Making Trio
Aurora Granger
The Marauder's Map
New Normal
It's Only Just Beginning
A little Situation
One Of Many
One Of Those Days
Grangers Will Be Grangers
Young and Beautiful
Oh, How Things Can Change
Quarter Past Midnight
A Prophecy Gone Wrong
Trying To Find A Rabbit Hole
I Said No
Any Other Girl
The Bait
A Mother Always Knows
All Too Well
Look After You
The Fallen Four
Full Of Great Ideas
The First Impossible Spell
Oops
The Second Impossible Spell
Call It What You Want
Girls Will be Girls
Breaking A Friend's Heart
A Knight In Shining Armor
Amelia
The Third Impossible Spell
That's Our Girl
You Did What?!
The Return Of Voldemort
Rare Predicament
Summer Time Loving
Filthy Little Liar
Held Hostage Ever Since
Adorable, But Ridiculous
Falling Souls
Expecto Patronum!
Us Strays Need To Stick Together
You Know I Love You
Tell Me How It Works Then
I Want You
Still Don't Know My Name
That's What Matters
Beds Empty! No Note!
I Can Already See It Now
We Never Do, Princess
A Complete Mess
Oh, Please Do
She Knows
Smoking Darts, Breaking Hearts
Wine and Dine
More Than Good. Brilliant.
I Love It and Hate It

Running Wild, Running Free

6.7K 203 16
By CleoLemon

Aurora's P.O.V.

"Mom! Mom! Aurora has another letter from a BOY!"

"Jesus, Hermione. It's only Fred and George. Don't make it weird!"

Hermione giggles at my words before handing me the package and running back to her bed that's covered in books and papers. There are a few weeks till we both go to Hogwarts. It will be Hermione's first year.

She's read every book I had last year for my classes and more. I won't say it out loud, but I'm pretty sure Hermione is ahead of me already in wizard knowledge. Opening up the package, I read the letter and laugh to myself.

The three of us have been sending letters back and forth all summer. They talked about their family, pranks, and things going on in the wizarding world. I tell them about my family and new prank ideas they could do with potions.

The Weasley's father would ask the boys to ask me a few muggle questions every other letter. I liked it since most wizards aren't really interested in the muggle world. I'm almost done reading the letter when Hermione blurts out in an impatient tone.

"What books did they send you this time?"

Hermione waits on her own bed to find out my answer. Finishing the letter, I toss the book package carelessly in the air without looking. Hermione stops it in the air just above her bed and lets it fall onto her covers and opens it herself excitedly.

Grinning ear to ear, I put my letter with the rest of them in a box under her bed. My sister is coming to Hogwarts. She'll see Fred and George in a few weeks and I have twice as many spells and potion ideas as I did last summer. How could things get any better?

~Platform Nine & Three Quarters~

I can tell Hermione's nervous about everything, about being sorted, the classes, and making friends. I've been reassuring her all day that she wouldn't get Slytherin and the rest will be a piece of cake.

Her nerves got worse as we boarded the train because of how dramatically our parents were saying goodbye. Once on the train, however, Hermione seemed less worried and more distracted. My little sister didn't know what to look at first, the students, the train, or the minor spells coming from everywhere.

With everything going on though, the one thing that keeps her eyes focused on is a boy running after a toad. He's yelling for someone to stop him and Hermione instantly feels the need to run and help him. In the blink of an eye, I see her robe disappear and curse at myself.

All it takes is a toad, and boom, I've lost my sister. The train moves as I walk the way my sister went to find her. Before I can find her in the crowd of students, a wagon-lit opens and two pairs of arms pull me inside. I'm about to scream when two familiar boys hug me tightly before pulling away and blurting rapidly.

"I told you she would not grow. Look at her, Freddie."

"Are they feeding you enough in the muggle world, Aurora?"

"Oh, come on..." I laugh at Fred and George before shoving them both playfully, "It's not my fault you two keep growing an inch each month."

"We got good genes." Fred winks proudly as George finishes saying, "What can we say?"

"Oh, shut up."

I shake my head, smiling, before sitting down. Fred and George plop down on the chair in front of me, side by side. They talk about this year, about quidditch and how I should try to join like they are.

I shoot that idea down, saying I'd rather watch. They're bummed out I don't want to join. I bet the boys were hoping I would this year, since we don't have classes together this year.

They went on talking about classes and tricks, anything they feel they didn't talk enough about in the letters. I had completely forgotten about my sister until she runs into the room, saying, out of breath.

"Aurora! I met Harry Potter and a boy, Ron. Oh, and I got this boy, Nevel, his toad back!" She then sees the same looking boy on either side of me and her eyes go wide. "You guys must be Fred and George. I'm Hermione, her sister."

"We know. Ron's our brother." They reveal at the same time, making her smile drop with a thought that forces her to blurt out, "Can you guys hear each other's thoughts? I tried-"

"Moine, that's not a real thing. It's just a fairytale." I interrupt her, knowing why she's asking. The twins' faces turn into a confused but amused expression. My cheeks turn red, making me quickly stand up and blurt, "Why don't you stay with the First years and make friends?"

"Can I?"

Hermione gets excited and before I could answer she runs out. She trips halfway out, which only makes her run out faster. I guess Hermione's having fun. Which is why she was out of breath when she found us.

Turning to the boys, I can see them trying not to laugh. They're giving me an "all too knowing" look. Rolling my eyes, I ask them in boredom.

"Did you want her to stay and fix everything broken in the room? She just learned how to fix things with her wand."

"I guess not since we have a plan-" George states vaguely with his eyebrow wiggling at me as Fred adds, "-That's going to break a lot of things."

"You don't say?"

I raise an eyebrow curiously before the boys tell me the plan. I watched them in awe as they talk about it. This is what I've been waiting for all summer. Looking between Fred and George as if the months without them never happened, I ask.

"So... Where do we start?"

~The Boy's Restroom~

"Oh, my god... What have we done? Dumbledore is going to kill us."

"Yeah... You're right." Fred mumbles ashamedly before grabbing my hand. "Now, let's go, Sunshine."

Fred doesn't have to tell his brother twice to leave the boy's restroom. He's already halfway to the door. I watch the potion we were making spill out of the pot.

It's not supposed to overflow or grow. Somewhere along the directions to make it, the twins messed up the math for an ingredient. The green slim has steam rising, forcing us back up.

This restroom we're currently in is never used by the boys. Mostly because every student knows the twins were always up to something inside. But no one will tell a Professor from being afraid of getting pranked themselves. The three of us can't see the pot anymore, but I don't move. Fred pulls my arm again, speaking impatiently.

"After all this bloody time to get you into the men's room, you NOW don't want to leave!"

"Aurora, let's go!" George says as he watches it go down a drain in panic. "Snape has probably already found out."

"We have to do something!" I stare at our mess without blinking. "We can't just leave it like this!"

"Oh, yes, we can."

George declares and storms toward me. Frustrated with my timing to act like a Gryffindor. He hooks his arm around my arm and Fred does the same with the opposite arm. The boys then pull me with a running pace out the door.

I trip from being held higher than I am. They don't let go or stop running, though. Not until we're on another level of the building.

The boys steady me on my own feet when they feel we're far enough away from the crime scene and let go of my arms. I pull them into a huddle immediately after taking out the Marauder's Map. The boys' eyes go wide, knowing they hid the map only yesterday in their robes. They glance at each other in shock, saying together.

"When did you-"

"This morning... I always put it back in your robes, don't worry." I roll my eyes, bored, making the twins catch each other's gaze. Fred mouths to him, "Back?" and George only shrugs, looking just as confused as he. I'm searching through the map until I find Snape storming faster than usual their way, "We need to go... and an alibi! Like, 5 minutes ago."

George grabs the paper, puts it in his pocket, then he and his brother grab my arms again. Groaning as I'm being dragged again, we race to the Dining hall. Students watch us nervously, knowing it could only mean one thing.

Once into the hall, we see my little sister sitting with the Twin's younger brother and the famous Harry Potter. We rush to them, trying to appear as normal as we could and sit in front of the first years.

The three newbies had all gotten into Gryffindor. Which made it more believable for us to sit there quietly. When Hermione, Ron, and Harry noticed we were quietly siting in front of them; they look up from their homework. Only to find all of us with guilty expressions. Ron and Harry look bewildered while Hermione snaps in an angry whisper at me.

"What did you do!"

"Shh... Nothing."

"We've been studying here with you this whole time. Got it?"

Fred smiles at the first years before facing more seriously at his younger brother. Still a little out of breath, George grabs his brother's homework and puts it in front of him, Fred, and me. We abruptly pretend we're doing Ron's homework.

Hermione tries to catch my eyes to tell me this is giving her a panic attack from not knowing what's happening. Ron watches in pain as his brother writes on his homework, knowing they weren't doing it at all, just trying to look busy. Harry looks to his new friends, silently asking if this is just normal sibling stuff.

A Professor runs into the room and whispers something to McGonagall. She's helping students at another table when the two adults whisper to one another. She walks fast out of the room without glancing at any of the students.

George hits his knee against mine and Fred nudges me with his elbow once she's gone. I only shoot them a look before stomping on their toes to keep them from twitching in suspicion. No one came back into the dining hall and no one mentioned the bathroom the following days.

We all decided, though, not to do anything in that bathroom again this year. We'll just stick to the secret rooms and halls on the map.

~One Late Night~

"Pst... Rora... Aurora... Oh, miss duchess..."

"Huh?" I stir awake from a familiar Weasley voice. "What? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, check out what we found."

Yawning, I blink my eyes open and find a spider right in my face. Yelping and tossing my pillow at it, I hear someone tumble off my bed, followed by them cursing on the ground. Sitting up with bug eyes, I stare at Fred like he's insane to wake me up for finding a spider.

Glancing at Hermione's, I make sure she's still asleep. Every time the Twins have woken her up it didn't end well and all three of us got her wrath. Knowing Hermione's also a light sleeper, I snap at Freddie quietly.

"Why the bloody hell would you bring a spider into our room!"

"We were going to ask you where we should put it in Ron's room..."

Freddie explains slowly, staring at the ground in worried. Glancing at him skeptically, I lean over my bed and see Georgie on the floor empty handed. Sitting up and searching around the ground, George whispers in panic.

"I lost him..."

"You lost a spider in my room!" I shriek softly before turning to Fred and thumping him with my other pillow. "What did I tell you about bringing animals in my room!" Throwing the pillow at his face, I no longer feel the need to sleep. "I told you to put whatever you caught in a jar when you bring it into my room!"

"We weren't going to stay long!" Fred whispers while throwing my pillow at my own face. "We were just going to ask one question and leave! Why did you make George drop the spider?!"

"How is this my fault?!"

I shriek in frustration and before I know it, Fred and I are whacking one another on my bed. I can hear George crawling on the floor trying to find the spider as we fight. Standing up on my bed, I whack the pillow on top of Fred's head, snapping quietly.

"New rule! You can't bring anything into my room! Not a single bug or rodent-"

"Ahh!"

I drop the pillow when hear Hermione scream. I watch her fall out of bed, bringing all her pillows and sheets with her. Suddenly, from where she fell off at, I see the spider race across the floor. Pushing at Fred, I shout.

"Get it! Get it! Get it!"

George and Fred scrabble all over the floor until Fred captures it in his hands. Sighing, I get off my bed and go to help Hermione up. The moment she's on her feet, she takes out her wand and points it at all three of us, yelling.

"Out! All of you! What did I tell you about bringing bugs!"

"I told them not to do it, Moine!"

I argue as she aims her wand at me. Glancing behind me, I find Fred backing up to the door. George does the same, but with his hands up like a child.

Turning back to Hermione, I watch her walking toward me, scowling. I walk back get she gets closer to me; she looks crazy. I would too if I woke up with a spider in my bed. Which I did.

"That's what you said last time." Hermione snaps at me while pointing her wand at the boys. "You can sleep with them and the spider tonight!"

"Hermione!"

I groan, but as she swings her wand, George grabs the back of my shirt and pulls me beside him. Hermione then is about to cast a spell and next thing I know I'm being tugged out my own room. George quickly shuts the door and all together, we sigh in relief. Glancing at them, I hit them both on top of their heads, growling.

"Thanks a lot. I got kicked out of my own room because of you two!"

Storming down the steps, I hear Fred call out to me.

"Where are you going?"

"To sleep in your room!" I sigh tiredly from all the commotion within the last five minutes. When I'm at the bottom of the steps, I turn to face them. Pointing at them, I clench my teeth, saying. "Don't you dare come into the room still holding that spider."

"Where should we put it then?"

"Bly me, you two are hopeless. Put it in Ron's sock drawer and put a note saying have you seen my babies." Spinning away, I walk up the boys' stairs and call out. "Goodnight."

"Wicked... Do you have parchment?"

"... It's in our room."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 4.7K 39
You start your fifth year at Hogwarts. You are a very normal girl...kind of. Also you cannot stand the twins. But when one of the twins fall for you...
5.7M 152K 87
YOU MAKE MY HEART SHAKE, BEND, AND BREAK BUT I CAN'T TURN AWAY! aurora "rory" archer was a powerhouse. well, sort of. she was a fierce friend with a...
362K 8.8K 72
"Fred Weasley. Pleasure to meet you," one of the twins greeted me, sweeping into a bow and placing a kiss to my knuckles. ...
71.8K 2.2K 104
After a wee mishap on the Quidditch field, George Weasley can't help but get close (too close to be just friends, according to his brother Fred) with...