The Unlikely Hero!

By Logan-Kenway

My 1st MCU Story! Enjoy! More

Cast
Bio
Prologue
Chapter - 1 (Thor)
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3 (Avengers Assemble)
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Update
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter 12 (Iron Man 3)
Chapter - 13 (Carnage)
Update #2
Chapter - 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18 (Captain America - Winter Soldier)
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter - 23 (Avengers - Age of Ultron)
Chapter - 24
Updated Bio
Chapter 25 (Captain America - Civil War)
Chapter 26
Update #3 (New Story)
Update #4
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (Infinity War)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (Endgame)
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Final Chapter!
Sequel?

Chapter 35

2.4K 51 16
By Logan-Kenway

=========================

Everyone is back in the conference room as Y/n sits next to Nat with his arm over her shoulder, everyone is looking at a hologram with the title "Time Heist" and where all the stones are.

The Space Stone, Mind Stone and Time Stone are all in New York, the Reality Stone's on Asgard, the Power Stone's on Morag and the Soul Stone's on Vormir.

Steve: All right. We have a plan. Six stones, three teams, one shot.

Y/n is over by the console where all the buttons are, he and Venom wants to press them all right now but they both know they shouldn't even thought Venom keeps trying to press one with a tendril that Y/n has to keep slapping away.

Venom: Let me press the button!

Y/n: You press the button and you'll eat no heads for a month.

Venom: What! That's so unfair!

Y/n: Your right. 2 months.

Venom: You used to be cool...

Y/n: I am cool, just when it comes to getting Rebecca and Wanda back I'm won't be putting up with your bullshit.

Venom: You are certainly not cool... They are cool.

Y/n: Who are cool...?

Y/n looks to his left to see everyone making their way towards the pad with their Time suits on and they did in fact look epic...

Y/n: No you over grown pill of goo. Their the Avengers.

Y/n joined them on the pad as they all stood in a small circle.

Steve: Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends. We lost family. we lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back. One round-trip each. No mistakes... no do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives... and  we're gonna win. Whatever it takes. Good luck.

Rocket: He's pretty good at that.

Scott: Right?

Y/n took Nat's hand as everyone else got into place and took her towards the control console so they can speak privately.

Natasha: What are you doing? We have to go.

Y/n: It's going to take me at least 30 seconds to start this thing up, but that isn't important. What is important...

Y/n turned his full attention on to her as he held her waist close to his and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Y/n: Do you remember, a few years ago before all this. We were on the S.H.I.E.L.D helicarrier and I told you everything about myself and you told me everything about yourself...?

Nat nodded with a hum as Y/n was interrupted.

Tony: Come on kid. Clocks ticking.

Y/n: Don't worry old man, still got year before your in the ground!

Y/n turned his attention back to Nat as everyone chuckled at the banter,

Y/n: Where was I?

Natasha: Helicarrier, telling each other all about us.

Y/n: Oh yeah right. And I promised you that once this is over, we'll start a family?

Natasha nodded as she looked happy at what Y/n was saying.

Y/n: Venom and I think we figured out a way for that to happen. All you have to do is bond with him and within the day he thinks he can mend all of the tools we need.

Natasha kissed him as he kissed back till they both broke the kiss when someone cleared their throat.

Bruce: Not that it's not a great moment but half of humanity's lives are on the line here.

Y/n: Your point?

Y/n asked and went back for another kiss but Natasha stopped him and laughed.

Natasha: We'll talk more when I get back.

Y/n nodded as she kissed his cheek and ran back onto the pad with a massive smile on her face.

Clint: What are you smiling about?

Natasha: I'll tell you later.

Everyone then got ready as the machine started up and Y/n put on a pair of noise cancelling headphones for Venom's sake, Y/n winked to Natasha as her helmet closed and they all disappeared through time and space.

Venom: So what now?

Venom asked coming back out of Y/n's shoulder, Y/n looked at him and just shrugged as he sat on a nearby crate.

Y/n: We just wait. 

Venom: Let's talk. So your gonna be a papa. Will that make me an Uncle? Uncle Venom. I like it.

Y/n chuckled at Venom as Venom ranted on and on about being an Uncle.

Venom: What about names? Venom's a pretty good name, it's quick and catchy...

Y/n: So is gonorrhea but I don't want that either.

Venom: Your the worst. 

Y/n: By all means find another host.

Venom then stropped and disappeared leaving Y/n all on his own but as he was alone he was thinking about what he, Natasha, Rebecca and Wanda's life might be like after all this, it will be weird for them no doubt about that but before he could think anymore everyone came back from the past... well not everyone.

Y/n: Whow you did it!

Y/n said climbing up the ramp on to the pad, he saw everyone their except the one he wanted to see, Y/n slowly walked towards Clint as everyone watched him and noticed that someone was missing.

Y/n: Clint...?

Clint looked at him as they both had tears in their eyes, Clint looked to his hand to see the Soul stone then looked to Y/n as Y/n stopped in front of him, they didn't say anything and Clint just hugged Y/n, Y/n didn't hug back as he already know what happened.

Clint: I tried. I swear I tried.

Y/n hugged him back as everyone know fully understood what happened, the atmosphere dropped from victorious to sad as they all came to terms with the fact that Natasha Romanoff isn't coming back, and the one effected by it the most, was Y/n...

=========================

Everyone is out on the docks nearby the Avengers HQ as they all come to terms with Natasha's death, Y/n is starring silently into the water as he sits next to Clint but Clint's facing the inside of the dock.

Tony: Do we know if she had family?

Steve: Yeah. Us.

Y/n knew the truth about her passed and that meant her family that she was sold to believe they were her real parents and sister, but Y/n kept it to himself as they don't need to know that about Natasha.

Thor: What?

Thor asked walking towards Tony.

Tony: Huh?

Thor: What are you doing?

Tony: Just asked him a question.

Thor: Yeah, no, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones... Cap, we can bring her back. Isn't that right? So, stop this shit. We're the Avengers. Get it together.

Clint: Can't get her back.

Thor: What's he...? What?

Clint: It can't be undone. It can't.

Y/n sat their still looking into the water, that's everyone he has loved, gone... there's only Tony, Pepper and Morgan left... everyone he loves disappears... literally, Y/n then continues to listen to them argue over the women he loves as Thor lets out a small laugh.

Thor: Look, I'm sorry, no offense, but your a very earthly being, okay? And we're talking about space magic. And "Can't" seems very definitive. Don't you think?

Clint: Yeah, look, I know that I'm way outside my pay grade here. Even my best friend is an alien. But she still isn't here, is she?

Thor: No, that's my point.

Clint: It can't be undone. Or that's at least what the red, floating guy had to say. Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay? Go grab your hammer and you go fly and you talk to him!

Y/n looked up from the water for the first time since he sat down and he looked around him, Bruce was looking out to the lake, he knew that Bruce had a thing for Natasha, Y/n nearly killed him for it a few years ago after Venom turned white, turns out white Venom was a blood thirsty one, Y/n still isn't sure how Venom keeps on changing colours but Venom says it's to do with his mood, apparently white Venom is Y/n's jealous Venom.

Y/n then looked to Steve and Steve had tears in his eyes, Y/n knew what Natasha meant to him, she meant to him the same thing she meant to Y/n but she meant a little bit more to Y/n, she was Y/n's first love, well first everything really and you never forget your first.

Clint: It was supposed to be me. She sacrificed her life for that goddamn stone. She bet her life on it.

Bruce then out of nowhere picked up a bench and throw it far across the lake, Y/n wondered where that power and strength was when he fought the Hulk all those years ago, it might have actually been a good fight.

Bruce: She's not coming back. We have to make it worth it. We have to.

Steve: We will.

Y/n and everyone looked to see Steve without tears and the old Cap look back in his eyes, this man is once again determined to save everyone he can, even if that means he don't make it... Y/n's willing to make the same sacrifice...

==========================

Tony, Bruce and Rocket are in the lab as they put the stones on to one of Tony's Nano Tech gauntlet's, as they were doing that Logan put on his old S.H.I.E.L.D armour...

(Without the helmet)

Y/n ripped off the S.H.I.E.L.D badge making it just a suit of armour, once he was ready he looked to the chair in his room to see a cap that Natasha once wore when they had a date a few months ago, he picked it up and held it, there is no losing for him tonight.

Steve: You good?

Y/n turned to his room door and saw Steve wearing his Captain America gear and shield on his back, Y/n put the cap down and nodded then went to walk out the door but Steve stopped him.

Steve: I'm sorry about Nat.

Y/n: Me too... Now let's bring our friends back.

The two shared a smile as they walked towards the lab to see Rocket and Tony putting the final touches to the gauntlet.

Rocket: Gloves ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?

Thor: I'll do it.

Tony: Excuse me?

Thor: It's okay...

Tony and Steve both stopped Thor from approaching the glove as Bruce stood by a desk and Clint walked beside Y/n as Y/n stood between him and Steve.

Steve: Thor. Just wait. We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet.

Thor: I'm sorry. What, we're all just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?

Scott: We should at least discuss it.

Y/n looked to see Scott was hidden behind Tony, was he always there?...

Thor: Look, sitting here staring at the thing is not gonna bring everybody back.

Y/n: He's right. I'll do it.

Everyone now looked to Y/n as Y/n was transfixed onto the gauntlet.

Tony: Absolutely not. It'll kill you.

Y/n: Actually Venom thinks we have a 45% chance of survival. It's worth the shot.

Tony: No!

Thor: I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So, this responsibility falls upon me.

Y/n: Yeah, but we kicked your as so that makes us the strongest Avenger.

Thor: Stop it Y/n.

Thor: It's my duty.

Tony: It's not about that. Hey, buddy...

Thor: Stop it! Just let me. Just le me do it.

Thor said clearly upset with himself about something, probably the fact that he should have went for the head all those years ago.

Thor: Just let me do something good. Something right.

Tony: Look, it's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent. I'm telling you. You're in no condition.

Thor: What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?

Rhodey: Cheez whiz?

Y/n looked and didn't even see him enter the room either, so he told Venom to get better at detecting people as Thor looks to Rhodey but then back to Tony.

Thor: Lightning.

Tony: Yeah.

Thor: Lightning.

Bruce: Lightning won't help you, pal. It's gotta be me.

Everyone looked to Bruce as Y/n shrugged.

Y/n: Why has it got to be you. I'm in peak physical condition and Venom will help me from the blast!

Bruce: You saw what those stones did to Thanos. Kid your life is not worth throwing away. 

Y/n: I disagree strongly.

Bruce: They almost killed him.

Bruce ignored him and started walking towards the podium holding the gauntlet.

Bruce: None of you could survive.

Y/n: I could.

Bruce: But you have people waiting for you. That need you. I don't...

Everyone watched as Y/n and Bruce were toe to toe both wanting to be the one to help the human race along with how ever else has been effected by the Mad Titan.

Bruce put his hand on Y/n's shoulder.

Bruce: Step aside kid.

Bruce said with a friendly smile, Y/n did step aside but was confused by why he called him "kid", Y/n's 32 years old now.

Steve: How do we know you will survive?

Steve asked as Bruce was ready to put the glove on and make the snap.

Bruce: We don't. But the radiation's mostly gamma. It's like... I was made for this.

Meanwhile Nebula, who isn't their Nebula started to hack into the time pad as Bruce held the glove in his hands and they had no idea what she is doing right now.

Tony: Good to go, yeah?

Bruce: Let's do it.

Bruce said looking to Tony, something about the look he was giving didn't look confident but he had a small grin on his face clearly hoping that all this is going to work.

Tony: Okay, remember, everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago, you're just brining them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years.

Bruce: Got it.

Everyone was now ready in their full gears, Steve had his helmet on, Scott pressed a button on his suit making his activate, Rhodey does the same, Y/n keeps his helmet off but Venom is ready for anything, Rocket puts goggles on and hides behind Thor, Tony press's his chest piece making his suit wrap around him, Tony then pulls out a blast shield allowing Clint to take cover behind it.

Iron Man: Friday, do me a favour and activate Barn Door Protocol, will ya?

No one could hear her response but assumed she agreed as the entire building they are in goes into complete lock down, shield doors lock them in as metal covers cover the glass roof above them.

Bruce: Everybody comes home.

Everybody watches nervously as Bruce slowly puts the glove on allowing the Nano Tech to surround his giant hand and once it does Bruce allows the glove to secure itself onto his arm making him groan in pain and drop to his knee.

This went on for a few second till Thor shouted the thing most were thinking.

Thor: Take it off! Take it off!

Steve: No, wait. Bruce, are you okay?

Bruce doesn't respond and continues to groan in discomfort.

Iron Man: Talk to me, Banner.

Bruce: I'm okay. I'm okay.

Meanwhile Nebula finally got the Time pad working and tells it to open to 2014 allowing Thanos' ship to fly throw and straight through the roof of Avengers HQ.

Bruce finally finds the strength to snap his fingers and does it but once he does the glove falls off and he falls to the floor right arm completely destroyed.

Steve: Bruce!

Clint kicks the glove away just encase it want's to explode or something as everyone else makes sure that Bruce is still with us.

Tony: Don't move him.

Bruce is awake and heavily panting whilst Tony freeze blasts his right arm in a way to help with the pain as the doors around them open allowing the sunlight to shine through the glass.

Bruce: Did it work?

Bruce asked clutching Steve's arm.

Thor: We're not sure. It's okay.

Scott's curiosity got the best of him though and he looked outside to see birds flying around the small garden outside the waiting area for the medical bay, but the thing that caught Y/n's and Clint's attention was the sound of a cell phone vibrating.

Clint and Y/n looked to see that it's Clint's phone vibrating and Clint walks over to it and sees that it's his wife, Laura calling him, Clint gets chocked up as he slowly picks the phone up and answers the phone.

Clint: Honey.

Scott: Guys... I think it worked.

No one got a chance to answer him though as Avengers HQ was turned to dust by Thanos' fully grown ship, they all got separated but Venom protected Y/n allowing him to get out unscathed, Y/n stood up and looked to the carnage around him, but he just got sent back on the same floor, Y/n looked around trying to find any survivors and looked to see Thanos sharpening his weapon.

Y/n didn't think twice and started to make his way towards the Mad Titan, Y/n then heard Rhodes in his com's.

Rhodey: Mayday, mayday. We're on the lower level. It's flooding!

Y/n took his coms out and throw it, he was seeing blood and no one is going to stop him from killing the man who took the women he love's from him.

Y/n: You son of a bitch!

Thanos looked to him and chuckled as he stood up with his weapon by his side.

Thanos: Child of mine. It's good to finally meet you.

Y/n: Oh yeah. Your from the past, just to let you know the last time we met I ripped you goddamn head off!

What they don't know is that Thor, Tony and Steve are watching them from a level of the now destroyed Avengers HQ.

Tony: What are they doing?

Thor: Talking mostly.

Steve: Where are the stones?

Tony: Somewhere under all this. All I know is he doesn't have 'em.

Steve: So, we keep it that way.

Thor: Are we going to help Y/n?

Steve and Tony didn't answer him at first as Thor looked to them.

Thor: Guys?

Steve: Let him have his piece.

They all went back to watching Thanos and Y/n talk as Y/n was getting more and more ready to kill him.

Thanos: ... I am inevitably buy!

Y/n: You know what? I'm not even going to use Venom... I'm going to enjoy killing you.

Thanos picked his weapon up as Y/n started to slowly run towards him, Venom tried to take over Y/n but Y/n didn't let him as Thanos started to slowly run to him as well.

They both then broke out into a full sprint till they both clashed into each other and the three spectators smiled at what they saw...

=========================

(To Be Continued)

(Next Chapter is going to be the last... Crazy journey this story has been. Thank you all for you're support, I hope you enjoyed it and can't wait for the final)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 202 68
marvel cast and character one-shots! ☆ no smut ☆ not taking requests ☆ there are indeed memes in here please be kind!! my writing has improved since...
154K 2.9K 95
Reader insert! 6 years after my first oneshots book and we're here 😱 Thank you to everyone who's made it this far with me ❤️ Drop a request if you...
2.8M 84.8K 39
❝Do you feel like a young god?❞ [across the marvel cinematic universe] [thor - age of ultron] [book one of ?] [CURRENTLY EDITING]
83K 1.5K 21
A bunch of random Avengers/Marvel oneshots, based on photos I found on Pinterest and ideas from friends, or my own ideas. Mostly fluff, some angst, N...