ยนREDEMPTION โฅ klaus mikaelson

By Anna6307

๐‘๐ž๐๐ž๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง - BOOK 1 in the ๐˜™๐˜š๐˜œ ๐˜œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ. ๐Ÿ“ผ๏ฟฝ... More

โฅintroduction
โฅgraphic gallery
โฅpart i
โฅcast
o
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviii
xxxix
xl
xli
xlii
xliii
xliv
xlv
xlvi
xlvii
xlviii
xlix
l
li
lii
liii
liv
โฅpart ii
โฅcast
lv
lvi
lvii
lviii
lix
lx
lxi
lxii
lxiii
lxiv
lxv
lxvi
lxvii
lxviii
lxix
lxx
lxxi
lxxii
lxxiii
lxxiv
lxxv
lxxvi
lxxvii
lxxviii
lxxix
lxxx
lxxxi
lxxxii
BOOK 2

xxvii

1.5K 48 28
By Anna6307

CHAPTER XXVII

You know, I went over to the other side once, a very long time ago.

Bonnie ignored Lucy's warnings and set on to bring Elena back as a human. But Lucy decided to intervene and arrived at her house at the dead of the night to talk to her.

"Bonnie." she called out loudly, knocking on her door with immense force to carry over her message more effectively.

"Bonnie, open the door please, it's me."

"What happened?" said Bonnie groggily, as she opened the door, the chilly cold air hitting her face.

"I need to talk to you. It's important." she said firmly. "Mind if I come in? It's too cold outside."

"Sure." Bonnie nodded, allowing her to come in as they both settled down on her couch.

"I know I shouldn't have come at this time of the night. But I wanted to make sure that you weren't going to do that spell."

Bonnie blinked. "I thought I said that I have to do the spell. Elena still hasn't woken up but soon she'll be transitioning. I'll have to do the spell tomorrow."

"Look, I know you're a wonderful witch. You can do the spell very easily. But everything has a cost, Bonnie. The spirits are dead set on keeping the balance of the nature maintained. And if anyone tries to cause disruption, then they don't take it lightly."

"But at least I could try. It could be possible that I succeed in bringing her back."

"Exactly." Lucy exclaimed. "That's the point. You said it yourself: 'it could be possible'. But here ninety nine point nine nine percent says you won't. Only zero point zero one percent is in your favour."

"I know you're trying to make me understand the dangers." Bonnie sighed. "But, you've to understand that Elena doesn't opt to be a vampire. She shouldn't be going through this. She deserves a second chance."

"And what about you? Don't you deserve a second chance?" she asked. "You always do so much for your friends but this time you've got to think about yourself. This spell could gravely harm you. Messing with the other side is the most dangerous thing. A single dead witch is more powerful than a hundred alive because it gets help from all the dead spirits."

"I understand. I completely understand what you're trying to say." said Bonnie, licking her lips in contemplation. "I know you just want me to think about myself this once. But I have to give Elena a second chance."

"You know, I went over to the other side once, a very long time ago," said Lucy, smiling sarcastically to herself. "To bring someone back. I tried. I truly did. I had so many witches supporting the spell. But I failed. You know why? Because the spirits didn't want an imbalance. They're damn powerful. And heartless. They punished every single one of us who participated in that spell. They don't know how to spare someone. So trust me, when I say you should not do this, then I mean it. Because I don't want you to end up hurt."

Bonnie nodded slowly, standing up from her place on the couch suddenly. "I understand. Thank you. I won't do the spell. You don't have to worry about me now."

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

Lucy's look for the rest of the chapter ≈

Lucy was nearly assured that Bonnie understood everything she had explained to her and she would not do the spell. But Bonnie had other plans and she did the spell, only to be stopped by a big warning from her grandmother, making her realise exactly what Lucy was trying to explain to her.

And Lucy being Lucy had gone to the witch house the next day to double check, only to find Tyler there instead of Bonnie.

"Lucia?"

"Hi, Tyler. When did you start calling me Lucia?"

"Oh, sorry," he laughed awkwardly. "But what are you doing here?"

"I should be the one asking you that." Lucy chuckled. "Considering this is 'witch' house. But still, I'm here to see Bonnie. But as she's nowhere to see I'll wait."

"Mind if I join?" she asked motioning to the coffin Tyler was sitting over.

"Yeah, of course." he said quickly, making some space for her.

"Uh..." said Tyler after a short moment of silence. "Are you here for some specific reason?"

"I mean, yeah- but do you have an issue? If you do, I can leave, no problem. I'll wait for her outside."

"No, no," he said quickly, "I didn't mean it like that. I was just, you know, asking."

"Oh, by the way, what are you doing here? I think you're supposed to be at the forest cottage house or mini-house. Whatever you wanna call."

"House...?" he looked confused for a moment before nodding vigorously, but the confusion still did not leave his features. "Oh, yeah, that.... house. I remember it now."

"Alright," she said, looking at him suspiciously, "I'll blame that on a bad memory. No problem. But again, why haven't you left for it yet. And- that just reminds me, why did you just speed away from there. You know, I've to travel a whole lot of one hour on foot through that forest. I mean you could've sped out with me in seconds."

"Oh, sorry," he chuckled awkwardly. "I didn't think about that. My bad."

"It's alright." she waved it off. "Anyway, what's in this huge huge coffin? An old skeleton? Or maybe some lost mummy.... huh?"

"Oh," he laughed slightly, "you won't believe what's in it."

"Wow, what is it?"

"Klaus Mikaelson."

"Oh," she said, a look of realisation crossing her face, "oh, yeah, yeah, his dessicated body. I know, I know. Stefan told me. The spell Bonnie did was on him not on Alaric. 'Cause they had to save Elena. Pity she is dead now."

"And I meant that with zero sarcasm." she added quickly. "I mean- You do know that she's dead, right?"

"Yes, I know, yes," he nodded. "but, um, this is not his dessicated body. It's his dead body."

"What-? You must be joking. If he's dead, how come you're alive?"

"Bonnie brought me back to life." he shrugged.

"So, he's like dead- dead?" she asked slowly.

"Yeah." he nodded, trying to read her expression.

"Why did Bonnie do that spell? Why is she going to the other side over and over again?" she exclaimed, changing the topic completely. "I told her not to. And she'd already done it once. She brought you back to life then- I mean I don't have any issue that you're not dead. I'm in fact happy that you're alive. I mean I wouldn't have been able to face Carol after I promised you both that I'll keep you safe- but you get the point, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, I understand." he nodded his head twice. "I mean, it wouldn't have been your fault if I died. Klaus died so I was bound to die. You couldn't have saved him."

"You really do have a bad memory." Lucy said, looking at him suspiciously. "I said I'll make sure that Niklaus doesn't die so that you don't die."

"Oh," he said, chuckling awkwardly, "of course."

"What about Stefan and everyone else, are they okay?"

"Turns out they were from another sireline."

"Oh, no, no, Kol told me that blondie says that she's sure that Niklaus is their sire."

"Blondie-? You mean Rebekah?"

"Yeah. But that raises another question, does she know that her brother is dead?" she asked.

"Yes, she does. She in fact watched him die with her own eyes."

"Oh," she nodded slowly, "so where is she right now?"

Lucy had this evil feeling inside her which made her happy at the prospect of Rebekah enduring the same pain she had given to her: the pain of watching a loved one die before her eyes. But then again, another part of her felt angry at herself for feeling happy.

She had killed Mikael, her revenge is over. She doesn't have to kill Rebekah and Marcel. She might not wish them pain, but she wouldn't act to be all goody-goody as well.

"I don't know where Rebekah is." shrugged Tyler.

"So, this is Niklaus' body. So why are we sitting over it?" she exclaimed, jumping down the coffin, looking at Tyler expecting him to do the same.

"I don't mind." he shrugged.

"You don't mind. But Niklaus might. It's his body."

"Why do you call him 'Niklaus'?" Tyler asked.

"Huh?" she chuckled awkwardly, the sudden question catching her off guard. "I... I don't know. I just do."

"I mean there must be some specific reason."

"Um... not exactly a specific reason." she shrugged. "It's just that I've always known him by that name."

"You knew him before?" Tyler raised his brows.

"Who doesn't?" she shrugged. "Everyone in the supernatural community knows the Originals. Their whole family."

However, Lucy had only heard the rumours about him and his family before the twenties when she had started researching over the Mikaelson family, burning in the fire of revenge for Steve's death.

"He's dead. Does that mean anything to you?" Tyler asked.

"What? Do you want me to celebrate or something?" she snorted. "It's not like that guy did anything bad to me. True that he did many evil things to you guys. Turned you into a hybrid unwillingly. Stefan turned into a ripper for a while and even turned his humanity off. I don't even know what miracle happened to make him turn it back on. I mean god bless whoever or whatsoever made it happen.-"

A phone rang, echoing loudly across the empty witch house, interrupting her small rant.

She realised after a long moment of looking around, that it was her own phone that was ringing.

"Oh, hi, Carol." she said into the phone, looking over at Tyler.

"Hi, hi," she rushed on, "do you know where Tyler is? I've been trying to call him for so long and he's not picking it up. I didn't know who else to call-"

"Calm down. Calm down. He is right in front of me, all fit and fine." Lucy assured. "But- what happened?"

"Pastor Young had me arrested this morning. The Council grilled me on his whereabouts."

"Just don't worry, OK? Tyler is completely safe."

"I was just worried that he was with Caroline."

"Why? What happened to her?"

"The Council took her."

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

"They've got Caroline and most probably they are gonna stake her or worse torture her for more names." said Lucy as she drove the two of them past the roads of Mystic Falls tailing behind the police cars which were transporting the captured blood-sucking monsters.

"Crash into the van, they'll get distracted then I'll get in and rescue her." said Tyler, poking his head out of the window to glance at the van which was turning its way towards the right at the sharp turn of the road before them.

"I'm not crashing into that truck! Firstly, you should know that I'm mortal and perfectly capable of dying from a car crash-"

"-I thought you were immortal-?"

"-I just don't age, that doesn't mean I can't die in a completely mortal way. And secondly and more importantly, I am not ruining my car. Hence, I'll flip that van. You go inside and get her. Maybe I will accompany you as well."

"Fine."

"Okay, one, two, three," said Lucy before the van before them flipped, crashing into the road, completely upturned.

Tyler threw open the door as the two occupants looked over at him in extreme surprise.

"Tyler!?" Caroline exclaimed in surprise.

"I'm harder to kill than you think." he said, beginning to untie her ropes, as the person tied next to her, aka Rebekah Mikaelson, looked over at him expectantly.

"Come on, we gotta go." said Tyler helping Caroline to her feet just as Rebekah cried out, "Wait! What about me?"

"I'll take care of it." said Lucy, entering the van. "You go with her."

Lucy silently crouched down to her level, beginning to untie her ropes, as the other two occupants left the van, running into the deep forest.

Rebekah looked over at her, extremely surprised. She had believed that after the hostile behaviour Lucy had been depicting towards her since the beginning, she wouldn't bother to help her. And yet again here she was freeing her out of the stinging ropes wrapped around her limbs and saving her from a probable end she'd not expected to be initiated by a teensy human council over a powerful original.

"Come on, hurry, the police are coming." shouted Caroline, from the side of the forest which was over the edge of the road, as the other two women hopped out of it, heading to the forest out of the police's eye.

"Where's Tyler?" asked Lucy.

"I don't know. He just left me here at the edge of this forest." said Caroline, looking mildly confused at her boyfriend's strange behaviour.

"What do you mean he left-?"

"I don't know-" began Caroline but fell silent as Lucy's phone rang and listened in as Lucy answered it.

"Bonnie - hi."

"The council took Elena and Stefan as well."

"What-? But, how do you know this ?"

"I-I just know. Just save them."

"You went over to the other side, despite whatever I said. Didn't you?"

"I-"

"You did."

"I'm sorry, I couldn't save Elena."

"It's not about her. OK. It's about the fact that you went over there despite the dangers."

"I-"

"Something happened when you were there? What happened?"

"Umh ...... my grams stopped me. Warned me about the spirits."

"Exactly the thing I warned you about!"

"I'm sorry. OK. But please now just save Elena before they kill her. Please."

"Fine."

Caroline averted her eyes as Lucy pocketed her phone, saying, "You were listening in, weren't you? I guess both of you."

"I will come with you." said Rebekah abruptly, but firmly looking at the two of them. "You saved my life. I at least owe this much to you."

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

The three women jumped into the dingy cellar turn by turn, barely getting past the suffocatingly narrow ventilator window that they had broken into shards before entering, alarming the two occupants sitting hopelessly inside their cell bars.

"What are you doing here?" whisper-yelled Stefan, mildly surprised because of the unexpected members of this rescue squad.

"Rescuing you, of course." whispered back Caroline with a shrug as Rebekah bent the cell bars open (her strength being back given that the two vampires fed on their way here, of course).

"Elena needs human blood to complete her transition." said Stefan, exiting his cell, staggering a bit in his movement due to the excessive amount of vervain drained into his veins by the council members.

"It's okay. Let me help her." said Caroline, passing him an assuring look as she helped a pale looking, extremely weak Elena to her feet.

"I'm gonna see if the path is clear." said Lucy, "Because we clearly won't be able to pass through that window again."

"How did you even manage to get through that ventilation window?" asked Stefan, chuckling a bit although his eyes still held the concern for Elena.

"Tough but not impossible. It was the only window here," replied Rebekah as Lucy reached the end of the room, peeking her head out to check for any possible guards. "and we weren't sure if there was no guard between the way to get here from the front gate."

"Come on, time to go." muttered Lucy, already starting to exit the cellar as the others followed, with Caroline supporting Elena who looked as if she could pass out any second.

There was no interruption over their way up the stairs, out of the underground confines they were locked in, until they turned the corridor entering into the living room of the ancient house, adorned with centuries old broken furniture, where they were not-so-pleasantly greeted by a pair of guards.

"Hey!" shouted one of them, a tall bulky man who seemed to be fit for this job, and raised his gun pointing it right in their direction as all of them stopped at the edge of the turn of the corridor, contemplating their next moves.

Rebekah reacted faster than all of them, turning the man's wrist which held the gun at a painful angle and hitting him in the stomach with her knee harshly using her vampire strength and speed.

The other guard reacted immediately, lunging at her, but unfortunately (for him) falling down in between his way as he tripped over an invisible object created by Lucy's magic, hitting his face on the ground painfully.

The first man recovered fast, lunging for his gun which was lying near Caroline's feet who was helping Elena to remain still.

Caroline kicked him in the face before he could grab the gun, a kick which was so hard, given her vampire strength, that the man's nose started bleeding profusely and he slipped into unconsciousness.

The other guard who was lying face down on the ground tried to get up, only for Rebekah to vamp sped to him and bang his head painfully into the floor making a pool of blood to form around his head and his eyes flutter close as he also fell down into the dark abyss of unconsciousness.

Elena crouched down wordlessly, with the help of Caroline, next to that pool of blood and ingested a single drop of blood, completing her transition.

"Better keep the violence to a minimum." muttered Lucy, keeping in mind to keep her voice low. "More violence means more sound and that means more guards who get alerted."

"Fine." sighed Rebekah as they started travelling along the sides of the room keeping in mind to keep the shuffling of their feet to minimum.

"Why can't we just speed out of here?" whispered Caroline, making them stop in their way and realise the severe foolishness of their exit plan.

"Wait- are you wearing a daylight ring, Elena?" asked Caroline.

"Yeah." nodded Stefan, pulling out a ring from his pocket and slipping it into the Gilbert girl's finger. "Bonnie made it yesterday. Just in case..."

"Alright." said Rebekah, looking at them. "One...."

"Who's gonna speed me out?" asked Lucy as they all shared questioning looks and finally Caroline volunteered given that Stefan was still weak as he had not fed on the blood of the guard, given his determination to keep himself limited to animal blood only.

"Hold my arm tightly." said Caroline as Rebekah muttered 'two'.

Lucy nodded, perfecting a tight grip on the Forbes girl's arm as Rebekah muttered the last 'three' and they all sped out simultaneously.

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

Life is funny. It changes the course of your actions tremendously with a single bump in its road.

Something similar seemed to be happening to the life of the supernaturals residing in the small town of Mystic Falls.

After all the desperate efforts they'd made to keep the doppelganger alive, here she was, turned into a vampire.

The mood was sullen as they watched the newest vampire bask in the feeling of being alive again, with Caroline and Stefan by her side, supporting her wordlessly.

Lucy had never felt any sort of responsibility towards Elena. The only responsibility she felt was towards Stefan, her friend, whom she had promised to help, to solve the problems dwindling the happiness in his life.

Stefan still hadn't said anything regarding the voice message she had left which insinuated her opinion related to her departure from this town.

Stefan was by Elena's side currently, along with Caroline, after a short comforting hug from Lucy which showed her gratitude for him making it alive.

And surprisingly, Rebekah hadn't left, she was still standing there by the hood of Lucy's car parked at the far side of the road, opposite to where the other three vampires were standing.

"Thank you." she said quietly, breaking the silence hanging overhead between her and Lucy. "For saving my life."

"You're welcome."

Her reply was short and crisp, showing her uninterest in steering the conversation ahead of that.

"How did you know about New Orleans?" said Rebekah abruptly, surprising not only Lucy but herself as well.

Both of them knew that the 'New Orleans' here didn't mean the city, it meant the incident of 1919, something which was a life-changing point for both of them.

"I just know." Lucy sighed, not even averting her eyes to look at Rebekah.

"So, you just happened to stumble upon the information?" she asked.

"No. I tried to find out who did it." she replied, completely noticing the way Rebekah's body tensed.

"Just out of mere interest?" she asked tentatively, wishing her words to be true.

"No."

Her words felt heavy on Rebekah. This is what she'd been wishing to not happen. She had wished that Lucy didn't have any personal grudge against her. But how wrong she was.

"So-you-what happened that made you search for it?"

"Your father killed someone close to me in that opera house." Lucy said bluntly. "I just wanted revenge. So I searched about him and found out that he was called there by you and your lover."

"Who-who was that person?" she asked falteringly.

"My father."

A tense silence enveloped them, as Lucy passed an assuring smile to Stefan who was looking over at them.

"I didn't know that something like that would happen." said Rebekah, her head hung low in shame.

"No one knew that that would happen." she shrugged, letting out a humourless chuckle. "But you do knew what would happen to your brother if Mikael arrived there."

"It was a wrong decision." she gulped.

"Of course it was." she snorted, although it held no humour.

"You might hate me for what I did, but trust me I never intended any of it."

"I don't hate you." she said, shrugging a bit. "I just detest you for what you did and for the consequences your actions brought. All the hatred for the person who is partly responsible for my father's death. But don't worry I don't want you dead or your lover boy for that case. I wanted one person dead and he is dead."

━━━━━━✰━━━━━━

A/n:

Sooooo, finally season 3 is over *sigh*.
Changed a bit of canon, b'coz why not?
Also a longer chapter, cause , idk😂... Just a long 3.5k+ chap

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Until then,
Ripahhhhhhhhhh.

Word Count : 3689

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 763 13
*BOOK TWO OF THE 'TIL SERIES* read Dusk til Dawn before reading this book Klaus and Briana's love story has been one full of ups and downs since the...
1.9K 101 12
Yet another 'Klaus gets resurrected' story but can you really blame me? Klaus comes back to life in December 2030 and immediately goes to Kol and D...
51K 1.8K 69
"My love, you are mistaken," she said, slowly walking towards Klaus, a sinister smile visible on her lips, "I promise, I won't paint this town red." ...
172K 6.7K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...