Jolex Forever

By lexiebrookerobbins

Alex never left Jo, and they carry on with their happy lives. He doesn't know about his kids with Izzy. What... More

Authors Note
1
2
3
A/N
4

5

140 4 3
By lexiebrookerobbins

*Knock knock*

Alex's POV:

"Oh my God they're here" shouted Jo while running to the door

I jumped up and followed her. The panic in my chest rises. They weren't supposed to be here for another half hour. I don't think any amount of time would be able to prepare me for this moment. I take a deep breath and open the door.

"Hey guys!! Sorry we're a little early but the twins were getting restless at the hotel and I didn't want to underestimate Seattle traffic." Izzy laughed

"No worries" I smile and look down at the boy and girl eagerly staring up at me

"Eli, Alexis; this is your dad." Izzy said carefully

I crouched down so I could be eye-level with them

"Hi kids, nice to finally meet you. Your mom's told me so much great things about you." I say. My heart is pounding hard inside my chest. You could cut the tension with a knife, everyone waiting to see how they would react.

Alexis jumps forward and hugs me so tight I nearly fall backwards. The tension is gone when everyone starts laughing. She pulls away and I take a look at her. Blonde hair, brown eyes, rosy cheeks, and the brightest smile. She's Izzy through and through.

"Hi" Eli says shyly while coming out from behind his mom

"Hey there little man, what's up? What's that you got there?" I ask pointing to a koala bear plush doll in his arms

"Oh, this is for you. I read about Australia and they have around 43000 koala bears!." He says, growing more confident. He hands me the doll

"Yeah we got it at the airport. In case you ever miss Australia!" Alexis cuts in

"Australia?" What are they talking about?

"Uhh kids I think your dad can talk about that with you another time." Izzy shuts them down and widens her eyes at me, signalling.

Umm that was weird

"Oh! I'm sorry, everyone - this is my wonderful wife, Jo."

Jo's POV:

"Hi guys" I smile

I was silent the whole time, letting them have their moment. It was so cute seeing Alex interact with his children, and they are soo adorable!!

"Oh my God you guys. Come in, come in!" I gesture them inside and close the door.

"Right sorry" Alex stands up off the floor

He's still really nervous but I think the energy in the room is starting to ease up.

"Um so the food is probably gonna be a little while. It's still cooking. Everyone good with roast chicken?"

"Mm that's sounds delicious!" Izzy exclaims. "It'll go perfect with the cookies I made! Where can I put them down?"

"Oh just bring them over here in the kitchen."

She follows me to the kitchen and sets the basket of cookies down on the counter.

Izzy and I alone in the kitchen. Great.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Jo." She says

"Yeah, you too!" I'm not really sure what else to say after that. What can I say?

We both look ahead at the living room and smile. The twins are unpacking all the toys and puzzles they brought, and showing Alex.

Izzy turns and looks at me

Izzy's POV:

"Hey, so listen.. I don't want there to be any hard feeling between us and I'm really sorry if I like came in here and just blew up your guys' life or anything and, uh.. I guess I'm just trying to say I'm sorry and-- "

"Izzy oh my God no don't even worry about it. The twins deserve a loving dad and look - Alex is so good with them. They're getting along already. I have absolutely no problem with you." Jo insists

I sigh in relief

"Oh that's great! Hey, maybe we should try and do some bonding. What do you say we head to the mall on Friday? Shopping, talking - a girl's day!" I suggest

Jo's POV:

"... Sound's great!" I force out

If you had told me last month I would be going on a "girl's day" with Izzy Stevens, I would've laughed and called you crazy. But here we are.

Don't get me wrong, I meant what I said. I don't have a problem with her and I'm totally good with her and the kids being a constant in our life now. But it doesn't need to be more than surface-level with her. I mean, would you want to be besties with your husband's ex/first love?

Yeah, I didn't think so

*Beep beep*

"Oh, looks like the food's ready!" I shout and run to open the oven.

Saved by the bell

Alex's POV:

*An hour later*

We're all sitting around the dinner table eating Izzy's delicious cookies (after Jo's AMAZING roast chicken.) The night's been amazing. We talked, laughed, and I really think the girls are getting along. I mean they already made plans to go shopping! It's going even better than I expected.

I'll admit, I thought it would be weird seeing Izzy again. But after catching up, I mean she's doing amazing. She's an oncologist with her own practice back in Iowa and she's raised the kids so well. They're only 7 and SO intelligent, especially Eli, telling me all sorts of crazy facts. Izzy is nothing more than my kids mom to me. And yeah I could totally see us all hanging out as a family. I'm over the moon right now.

Izzy's POV:

We're sitting around the dinner table after finishing the food Jo made. Damn, she really can cook. Alex is laughing and I remember that smile, it's the smile Eli wears when he's having one of his laughing fits and I always used to think of Alex. But now, here I am seeing his smile again in the flesh. 11 years ago. Wow. But it almost feels as if nothing has changed.

"Mom, can I eat some of your cookies?" Alexis asks, pulling me out of my trance

"Yeah, of course sweetie"

My stomach is doing backflips and I can barely stuff down these cookies. Alex keeps looking at me and the temperature keeps increasing. God, I never noticed how cramped this house is.

Oh no. This can't be happening. He's married and he's moved on. There's no way I'm catching feelings right now.
No. It's just my imagination.

"Hey, are you okay? You look flushed" Jo asks

Oh my God, is it that obvious? This is crazy, what the hell is wrong with me? No, no this is only because it's the first time I'm seeing him after so long and it's a little weird. That's all.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good. Just a little hot. I'm just gonna get some water." I say, getting up to go to the kitchen.

I gulp down the water and lean against the counter.

*The next morning*

That feeling still hasn't left.

Not when the kids were telling me how happy they were on the way home, not when he texted to say thanks for coming, not when I fell asleep thinking of what our life would've been if I hadn't left, and not now when I woke up after a rather intense dream about him.

Oh God. I'm falling for Alex Karev.

*Ping*

I pick up my phone to check my text.

It's from Jo

Hey! Would it be okay if we go to the mall on Saturday instead? There's this crazy surgery happening Friday that I have to be a part of.

Hi :) Yeah of course, don't worry about it. I'm actually visiting the hospital today to say hi to everyone.

Cool, so I guess I'll you later, hahaha

Shit. Here I am going nuts over a guy, whose wife I'm seeing later and hanging out with on Saturday.

It's official. I am a horrible person.

______________________________

Izzy likes Alex? What will happen when Jo finds out? Alex is 100% certain he wants a platonic friendship with Izzy. And what's going to happen on girl's day? Stay tuned for the next chapter to find out!
I really hope you enjoyed this one, I had alot of fun writing it 💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370K 32.2K 91
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)
1M 33.2K 78
"𝙾𝚑, 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖! 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜! 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎...𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚕𝚐ä𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑...
822K 33K 38
On that fateful Halloween night, Lily and James survived while Voldemort apparently 'marked' Harry Potter as his equal. Aria Potter, twin sister of...
1.5M 26.1K 53
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...