COTE: ADAPTING

By brian744

From my one shots book. Includes shizuku but ship is... With a new special exam on the Horizon watch how wi... More

Special exam bonus includes a transfer
Questioning...
A hard hit...
Who is it?
The others...
Meeting...
Suzuki...
Akihime...
Togi...

She has returned...

3K 97 63
By brian744

3rd Person POV

The words of the blonde haired maiden contained various emotions, emotions that reached everyone.

Although the students of class D didn't understand why she was acting like this. Her words, the words directed at Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. Those words breathed new life into what was going through her head.

The silence was immense as the two students, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka and Suzuki Shizuku were engaged in a staring contest.

After her initial question, no response came from the boy, only silence.

Along with a look alike a predator.

Shizuku was his prey.

But he didn't want to devour her, he only had one thought and that was the deciding point of knowing whether the girl present in the class was the same girl he knew years ago.

To rekindle a flame burnt out long ago.

The students watched in awe and confusion, leering at the two students.

Their eyes were locked with each other, their silence emanating around the room and the various emotions in their eyes.

Ayanokoujis eyes transitioned from his usual bored expression of lacklustre to a broadening horizon containing nothingness.

Eyes so dark and a face so embellished clashing against each other, this wasn't the Ayanokouji they knew.

In fact they didn't know him at all.

If they knew what he was thinking at this moment in time, they would feel pity for the boy.

The girl who was lost in the darkness of his eyes, the same eyes she had seen beforehand on the cruise ship. The girlfriend of the boy unlike the rest of her peers noticed something lurking underneath that ocean of blackness, it was something that shook her beyond belief.

It was the look of unconditional longing, something which she hasn't gotten from the boy. Even though she loved him and he reciprocated, well to her knowledge, she still had no idea about how Ayanokouji thought of her.

'A textbook for love. '

'A replacement.'

'Her'

Those I love you comments, that mindset of his which was constantly being attacked and worn down by the people around him.

Karuizawa Kei took notice of two things when the girl known as Suzuki Shizuku first walked into the room and that was their similarities, in both image and personality.

Then the words that she spoke to her boyfriend that snapped her out of her thoughts concerning the girl, only to reel her back into those thoughts.

She knew who her boyfriend was...

"She called him by her first name..."

At a loss of words when that voice spoke up, various emotions being presented to the class.

The change in her body language was immense, the class knew that; not only Karuizawa.

When she spoke that was when the silence increased until it was broken by the boy in question.

No one spoke, no one dared to look away, their attention had been taken completely by the two.

Koenji, Horikita, Karuizawa, Hirata.

All four were listening attentively, awaiting his response.

Event the loud obnoxious boys and girls didn't speak out.

Chabashira sensei was in the same state of mind as her students.

That silence last for five minutes.

Until the boy finally spoke.

Ayanokouji POV

"What are you doing here Shizuku?"

I couldn't believe what was in front of me, my brain went blank, my eyes showed the ugliness that I wanted to hide from everyone.

My tone of voice was strong, I wanted to know.

This is a cruel joke, I have Kei. So why is my heart drawn towards her.

I know Kei can see me, I know what she is thinking.

I know and I'm sorry, my heart is split between the two of you when it shouldn't be.

My heart is looking at both of you, both of you resemble eachother, but I can't pick between the two of you.

Shizuku: "It is me Kiyotaka, I came to see you. Haha aren't you going to give me a hug, I- I missed you."

She's trying to be strong...

Her urge to cry when she saw me was growing, her emotions were overflowing.

That love of hers still hasn't vanished and I knew it.

Kei looked between the two of us in horror, she was a smart girl in terms of social interaction, and what she could infer in this situation was that this was a reunion.

But not just any reunion, rather a reunion between two old lovers.

The difference is we never reached that stage...

The class were stunned by her statement, many had their faces coloured with apparent shock.

My neighbour who was listening to us was equally as shocked as everyone.

Horikita then stood up, immediately all the attention went to her.

Horikita: "Suzuki san, if I may ask, what is your relationship with Ayanokouji kun?"

Although a straightforward question asked in a calm tone, I couldn't help but notice her peculiar body language. Her left eye was twitching.

She already knows...

She just wants additional information that she may use against me.

Obviously she wasn't the only person who would ask that question.

Kushida: "Suzuki san, you seem oddly fixated with Ayanokouji kun, why is that?"

She asked for a particular reason, where as Horikitas question could be answered with a vague and dismissive response, they way Kushida worded her sentence meant that any fallacies in her response could easily be seen.

If Shizuku were to respond with just a "We're old childhood friends." That wouldn't be enough, her question gave her a possibility to ask a more private question.

Social interaction mandates that lies can be seen in the way the person acts. Right now Shizuku was vulnerable to her emotions. It would only take one thing to break her walls.

Shizuku: "Me and Kiyotaka were old childhood friends, but he moved away at the age of six...

She paused to take a deep breath before showing the whole class a wry smile.

I loved him back then, he always smiled, he was so cute. We always played together. Unknowingly I started liking him. But it was too late...

She paused once again.

Looking at my classmates, many looked at her in pity. They knew what she was going to say next.

I never got to confess to him, hehe seeing him again made my emotions resurface. I couldn't tell him back then that I loved him. Maybe fate gave me a chance to meet him here again."

She said all that with tears threatening to fall from their eyes, my classmates were looking at us with both pity and anxiety.

The teacher was just standing there, there was no class discussion taking place, she didn't want to leave. This teen drama was amazing to her, a gripping story that made her stay.

In fact most of my classmates felt the same, a reunion between two childhood friends.

A reunion between a girl who loved and a boy who might reciprocate it.

I only heard of such a cheesy plot form Sotomura who was discussing manga recommendations with me.

Kei...

She looked disheartened that there was someone else who loved me before I met her.

Although Shizuku lied about most of her story, the part where she loved me was true.

In the white room we were friends and we spent most of our time together.

She had skilfully evaded any mention of the white room.

"Hahh..."

A rather large 'sigh' made its way out of my mouth.

Which made every single person present in the room look at me.

"So you say you love me huh, Shizuku... I don't feel the same way."

It came naturally out of my mouth.

Those words cracked the silence of the room, when the crying of the blonde haired girl echoed around the classroom.

Shizuku I am sorry, but I have Kei and I can't abandon her.

The class looked at me in shock and anger at my statement, their initial delusion that this 'heartfelt' reunion would result in the birth of a new love was idiotic.

If they knew the full true story then they wouldn't see this reunion that way.

Although my emotions, feelings buried deep within my heart were threatening to resurface as well, my decision to not accept Shizuku boiled down to one thing.

I already had Kei.

Her crying intensified, Kushida and Satou who were looking at the spectacle were going to her to comfort her.

Kei and Shinohara walked up to me, followed by most of my other classmates.

The room had descended into chaos, the crying of the girl and the questioning of my classmates destroyed the silent atmosphere we had earlier.

Whilst I was being interrogated, I noticed Chabashira Sensei walk out of the classroom.

But not before she announced something to the class.

Chabashira: "Homeroom is over, pairs will be announced later on today! So stay attentive to your emails. You have an hour left for discussion time!"

She then walked out of the class, leaving the class enveloped in chaos.

A new special exam was announced.

Possible new transfer students may enter the school.

A girl who just proclaimed her love has been rejected.

The heartfelt reunion transitioned into one of heartbreak.

My friends in the Ayanokouji group went up to me and also decided to question me.

The whole class had many mixed feelings.

But one girl felt entirely different, her aura had shifted into one of confusion and worry.

The girl in question: Karuizawa Kei.

She had received a indirect confirmation that her boyfriend wouldn't abandon her.

She wanted to hug me, but seeing the atmosphere of the classroom she decided against it.

'"Hahh..."

I'm sorry Shizuku... for everything.

To be continued

Authors notes

This hurt my brain to write because I had no idea where to take this until I looked back at the suggestion which helped form this idea and that was Ayanokouji to sort out his feelings in monologue form. Thank god that was written because I had no Idea how to make this story progress forward.
I am sorry for delays, with school and me procrastinating there were delays.
Also I have been trying to make a reaction to one of my one shots but it is stupidly long. I'll be trying to update more.
Have a blessed day, merry Christmas.

Thanks for reading

1722 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.9K 3.8K 42
[ 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 'π€π§π¨π­π‘πžπ« π‹π’π€πž 𝐌𝐞' ] β€Ό 𝐏π₯𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 'π€π§π¨π­π‘πžπ« π‹π’π€πž 𝐌𝐞 (𝐂𝐨𝐓𝐄 𝐱 πŽπ‚)...
2.6K 147 4
A story centered around both Ayanokoji and Kushida. Other characters will play key roles but to clear one thing up these are the two protagonists in...
1.5M 58.1K 151
In this timeline, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka will attend the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School with the goal of living a high school peacefu...
52.1K 1.5K 14
what if in volume 7 Classroom of the Elite first year . Karuizawa Kei decides to end her relationship with Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. Here Kiyotaka will...