The flames to remind you

By AngelHollins9

Her new life started the moment she stepped through the flames... Willing to trade her own life for the possi... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Six
seven

Five

547 63 10
By AngelHollins9

The rest of the evening went by quickly as I helped Sean on his rounds. I was happy to learn about the famous Dr. Green that dad talks about all the time. Even if it's to say how he has a childlike excitement to him.

He's a cheeky and happy man. Determined to make every patient feel a little bit better about their situations.

We visited the babies ward and helped the nurses there for a little bit. Cooing and playing with their small frail bodies. It was incredibly adorable seeing Sean smiling down at the cute little bundles and softly wiggling their little toes.

I almost feel bad when at the end of our shift we go back to his office and I remember my prank there.

He walks inside and immediately spots the pie. His eyes widening in excitement and he practically prances to his desk to dig in.

I keep the smile at bay. This is going to be great. I didn't think I would get the front row seat of this moment! I figured I'd have to hack into the cameras in his office that his family put in.

Sean picks up the fork and cuts a bite sized peice from the middle of the pie. My lips part in shocked outrage. Now I definitely don't feel bad about the Prank. Who eats a pie like that? Very disturbing. He must be a psychopath.

I watch amused, as he pauses it at his lips, glancing at me, as if remembering my presence.

"Would you like some Apple pie Mrs. Green?" He gives me a lopsided smile.

I quickly shake my head in denial and walk to the chair in front of his desk and plop down. 

He looks dissapointed but shrugs and pops the bite into his mouth with a happy hum. He chews exactly six times before a frown tips his lips and his eyebrows rise in horror. His eyes have started watering and he quickly spits the bite out back into the dish.

I push down the laughter as he wipes his tounge aggressively with a napkin and takes a hurried drink of water. Then he looks back down at the pie with sadness and irritation.

"What's wrong Dr. Green?"

He shakes his head and looks back up to me with watery eyes and a pout on his luscious pink lips.

"Luke must have- my pie is RUINED! How could he!? Who could destroy such a amazing and delicious delicacy like this!?"

Uh oh. He seems mad.

He shoves his hand into his coat pocket and pulls out his purple cased phone. Hitting a few buttons before putting it on the desk as he stares forlornly at the destroyed pie in front of him.

The phone rings loudly on speaker until a familiar voice answers.

"What's up Doc!?"

I think my lips at the sound of Luke's voice. I can't believe they're part of a team! How didn't I connect this sooner!?

"Oh nothing much Luke. I thought we made a deal!?"

My eyes widen at Sean's harsh words. He really takes his pies seriously.

"Uh... what do you mean? What are you talking about?" Luke's cheerful voice turns confused and hesitant.

Sean rolls his eyes and glares at the phone in hurt. "Why would you be so cruel and make me a apple pie so horrible and salty?" His frown grows as he asks.

I raise my brows. A little amused at this and a little guilty that Luke is getting in trouble by my prank.

"W-Sean, we did have a deal. I told you I would never prank anything to do with your pies. Expecially since I wouldn't want someone messing with my cupcakes. Plus I've been with Gabriel and Kota all day. It wasn't me." Sean nods at his words.

"Okay. If I find out you're lying Lucian, I'm sticking North to throw all your stashes and having you grounded from sweets for a month." I nearly jerk in surprise at his threat.

Thats ruthless right there. Taking the world's best creations like chocolate away for a whole MONTH!? That's insane!

Dr. Green promptly hangs up and places another call immediately.

"Hello?"

I nearly groan at Marc's voice. How are all these men connected!?

"Was it you Marc Weiland? Did you ruin a perfectly good apple pie?"

"What? Sean, what the fuck are you talking about? I don't even make apple pie at my shop because I knew you'd eat them before my customers could." He sounds genuinely confused at Dr. Green. 

Which makes sense. Because it was me who actually did it.

Sean huffs a breath and hangs up to place another call. This time Kotas voice awnsers.

"Dr. Green? Are you alright? How is your shift tonight?"

Sean waves a hand even though Kota can't see before he responds.

"Oh. You know. Good. Until someone left me a pie and it be salty enough to give me cardiac arrest. Has Luke been with you all day?"

There's a short pause as Kota tries to make sense of Sean's harsh cold voice.

"Yes. Luke, Nate and Gabe have all been with me today. Are you okay?"

"Fine. Later."

My eyes widen as he once again places another call.

"Sean? How many people are you going to call?!" I whisper to him hurriedly.

He looks up to me startled. Once again forgetting my presence.  His face tints a little in embarrassment but before he can respond to my question, several voices pick up.

He must have made a group call this time.

"Dr. Green?"

"Sean?"

"Hello?"

"Yes?"

Several voices ring out together, blurring into one another as greeting until Sean shush them.

"I want to know who killed my apple pie for fun?" He demands to the phone.

I sit in the seat reeling. I'm positive that I recognized several of those voices.

"It clearly was not me Dr. Green. Nor Mr. Toma as we have been together discussing the upcoming event." Aha! I knew that was Owen!

Axel gives a small agreement before more boys try to cover their own tails from Sean's wrath.

"Victor and me can't even make a pie. So if it looks like anything other than a soggy pile of ingredients, I'd suggest you look elsewhere." This comes from a British accent with amusement thick in his words.

"Nope. Wasn't me doc. I've been at the shop all day with North and Si. We've had to replace a motor all day and it's been kicking our asses." Brandon's voice rings through the phone slightly disoriented and I can barely hear two more voices agree in the background with cranks and grinding metal.

Sean sighs,"Corey? Raven?" He says their names as if already knowing it wouldn't be them as he shakes his head in defeat.

"Sorry Dr. Green. We just got back to the house from dinner but we wasn't on that side of town."

"Мы трахались, когда ты нас прервал."(We were fucking when you interrupted us.)

Clearly nobody else knew what the Russian said, but since I could understand I couldn't hold in the laugh.

I could briefly hear people asking about who was gigging and why, but I couldn't help fall from my chair and clutch my stomach.

That man sounds so damn familiar to an old acquaintance I had on a mission last year. He was just as honest, but always in his mother tounge.

I finally get my laughter contained and sit up, wiping ny eyes from the tears of joy.

I pull myself back onto the seat and look back to Sean with a wide smile on my face.

He looks at me in astonishment.

"-Dr. Green, you know better than to not warn us when you have strangers with you and calling us." Owen proceeds to keep saying.

"What was that about dumplin?" I grin wider at his words before speaking.

"Sean, I'm sorry. The russian- Raven said that you interrupted him fucking. And I'm imagining them having sexy time until you call them about a pie-" I pause to push the bubbling giggles down again. "But also because you've called so many different people, when I was the culprit! I made you a salty pie as a prank. I always prank you when I'm in town. It's my own tradition."

He sputters at me in shock for a moment.

"Who is that Sean?" The soft voice of Corey asks.

He looks down at the phone and back to me. Silently asking if he can tell them.

I stand up and lean over his desk to get closer to the phone.

"Hi! My name is Sang. For the past few years, Sean has been blaming Lucian-which I know as Luke- for the pranks I've played on him."
I smile aven though they can't see me, and listen as the voices speak over each other.

"Sang?  As in the same girl from the gala mission last night?" Victor's clear baritone voice sounds surprised at this.

"Yep! That's me!" I pop the 'p' and sit criss cross on Sean's desk.

He looks up at me with a shy smile.

"Thank you for the pie Sang. I feel a little rude now that I know you made it for me."

I shake my head. He didn't realize it was a prank?

"Sean. I made that pie nasty on purpose. Dad's told me how much you love apple pies, so that's what I decided to torment you with today. Go ahead and throw it away. Trust me, it won't hurt my feelings." I give him a reassuring smile and he nods.

He stands up and picks the dish up and carries it over to the trash.

"Ms. Sang, what are your plans for tonight?" Owen's voice asks through the temporarily forgotten phone.

I glance down at it and tilt my head to the side in consideration.

"Um. Well, I don't have much of anything to do. We just got done with our shift."

Sean walks back over and sits down, catching sight of the slip of paper.

"Would you like to join us in our home and have dinner?" His voice is low and gentle. Calm and controlled all at once and it sends shivers up my body.

"That would be lovely Owen. I'll see you all in about an hour. I'll have Sean send the address to me. I'll need to stop by my house and change really quick."

Sean furrows his brow and glances at the drawer. After a moment he leans down and opens it.

Only to get pink glitter confetti to his face.

He rears his head backwards and narrows his eyes playfully at me as I giggle. Glitter is in his blond curls even after he shakes.

"That's just cold Beautiful."

He smiles at me and leans down to shut the drawer back, before pausing.

He carefully and slowly lifts the extra pie out of its place and sets it on the table.

"What's going on?" Axel says concerned.

"Oh nothing. Pookie decided to grace me with a two fold prank involving Glitter and another pie."

I raise a brow in question.

He hugs loudly as the phone crackles with laughter.

"I'm going to take a bite of this pie pookie. And if it's like the last one, you better believe I'll be administering the giggle cure right after. So I can at least taste something sweet." His eyes have darkened as he glances from my eyes to mouth.

My eyes grow big at the implication.

He opens the lid and digs a bite out of the pie, hesitating several long moments until he gathers the courage to put the bite into his mouth seductively. He stares into my eyes the whole time he chews with an agonizing slowness.

I see the moment he realizes it's not a fluke pie. His eye flick down and back up to me. Awe lighting up his green eyes.

"Oh damn pookie. That's the best darn apple pie I've ever had! Now I'm more hurt the first one could have been like this and I could have had TWO!"

He pouts and give me puppy dog eyes. Begging for me to agree.

I roll my eyes, not falling into the trap of his pleading face, but still going to agree since I owe it to him.

"Yes Dr. Sean, I'll make you pies whenever you want. But you're going to learn how to make them too. You should at the very least, know how to make your favorite dish. And lucky for you, I have plenty of fire extinguishers at my house for emergencies." I give a wink to let him know I'm kidding.

Well, about the fire, because he's not getting that opportunity. But he will be getting some cooking lessons.

I pretend to ignore his frantic horrified look and listen to the men on the phone laughing.

I smile at the banter.

This is what having a family would feel like.

If only I had my own.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 7.1K 62
This is my very first time writing and I have not had the chance to read CL Stone's books but I have read many fanfictions based on the Blackbourne a...
160K 9.1K 22
Your prospects are limited when you don't exist, but Sang Sorenson has been getting by as a cashier in a grocery store after dropping out of high sch...
484K 19.9K 33
Sang Sorenson has been chewed up and spit out by life too many times. Abused by her stepmother. Neglected by her father. Hated by her sister. Bulli...
60.4K 2.7K 18
Sang was happy, smiling and laughing and loving her boys. Until one day, she received news that could rip them apart. Tears are cried, anger is shown...