The (Un)Wanted Grandson | Her...

By Ivan_and_Emy

"¿Can you imagine being locked up all your life? ¿To not feel a part of the world you belong to? And, from on... More

Author's note before we start
What happened that day...
The beggining of everything
To Diagon Alley!
Heading to Hogwarts!
The First Day
First day goes... unexpectedly
A crisis in the bathroom

From where i really came from...

241 11 11
By Ivan_and_Emy

19th of December, 1990

(Y/n's POV)

As I was sleeping, a noise in the background started to annoy me, I knew it was the alarm, but even so, I wanted to keep sleeping. The noise started to grow quieter, and when I finally started to drift off to sleep again, I heard my mother walking through the door and as always, almost screaming.

"Happy birthday little man! How have your first hours of having 11 years been? Exciting, right?" Said my mom as she shook me, hugged me, and kissed me.

"You know mom, a good birthday present would be to let me sleep past the alarm," I said still half-sleep and a little annoyed, like every morning.

"Can't I sleep a litt-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE GRANDSON" Yelled my grandma Eliza as she runs into the room to hug me.

"I guess I won't be able to sleep anymore..." I thought as I suffocate in my grandma's embrace; for an old woman, she had impressive strength.

"It's not like you have more grandsons..." I said with a strangled voice due to the embrace.

"That's what makes you more special, my only and most beloved grandson," Grandma said as she breaks the hug, she took my cheeks, and squeezes them, and then she pats my head.

"Leave the kid alone, it's his day, he should be able to sleep what he wants, Don't you think?" Said my father chuckling as he walks into my room.

My dad gets closer to me, sits in my bed, and pats my head, then he hugs me and started to talk.

"Happy birthday little man, I hope this birthday is special to you, and I hope to be by your side to see many more of these. I love you (Y/n)."

After he said this, some tears threatened to come out, I don't know why, but I've always been emotional in general, holding back the tears I answer him.

"Thank you all so much, I love you, each one of you," I said as I hug my dad.

After the embrace, I say to everyone.

"I'm not sleepy anymore, so, mom, what's in for breakfast?" I said as I chuckle a little.

"Well, dear, as it's your special day you can ask me anything and I'll do it for you." As my mom stops talking, I start to smile.

"But no candy at breakfast, you could get sick and I don't think you want that on your birthday, Do you?"

With this, my smile vanishes, but mom's right, stomach ache is the worst.

"Then surprise me!" I said to my mother with a wide smile.

------------------------------------------------

After getting up and dressed, I walked to the living room, I was hungry and expected the breakfast to be something I like, but even before I could get to the table, someone knocked at the door and we all looked at it.

"I'll go," I said as I started to walk towards the door and opened it.

The sun dazzled me for a second and I waited for my eyes to grow accustomed to the sun, then I spoke and said.

"Who is it?" I asked while narrowing my eyes.

"Well, well, hello there little one." Said a strange old man.

The old man was tall and thin, he also looked pretty old, he had silver hair and a long beard of the same color. He was wearing some kind of long purple robes, alongside a purple cloak and high-heeled buckled boots. His eyes were a blue light color, they were bright and it seemed as if they were sparkling behind some half-moon spectacles and he also had a long and crooked nose.

"Um, h-hi, Who are you? Are you looking for someone?" I asked as I looked at him in confusion, I thought that maybe he got the wrong house, because this was the first time in my life that I saw him.

"Ah, actually, yes, I am looking for someone, and luckily I just found him." Said as he watched me with a warm smile.

"Um, You're looking for... me? Why?" I said anxiously for not knowing the reason why he's looking for me, besides the fact that he still hasn't told me his name.

"First of all, Can I come in? I've had a long and exhausting journey to get here, and you know, the body of an old man like me isn't what it used to be." He said in a calm tone, every time he spoke he did it in that tone, it made everything feel at peace.

"Yeah, I suppose you can come in." I said as I thought "What harm can it do to let an old man in?"

Just when I gestured for him to enter the house, my mom walked from the kitchen to where I was with a tray in her hands and asks me.

"Why are you taking so long dear?" And as she looks at the old man her eyes grow wide and spoke these words in a hush.

"Dumbledore?"

Out of shock, my mother dropped the tray she was carrying, making that everything that was in it fall to the ground. My father heard this and rushed to where we were, and he looks at the scene and it looked like he processed everything quickly in his head, and said, in an upset tone.

"What are you doing here? You know you can't be here right now, come, let's go to my office to talk." Said my father, he grabbed my mother's hand and the three of them walked to my father's office.

Confused by everything that just happened, I went to the living room where my grandma was, and I asked her.

"Grandma, Do you know someone named Dumbledore?"

My grandma, who was drinking water, upon hearing this name almost choke with the water, and between coughs she started to say.

"How do you know that name?"

"Mom and dad are talking with him in the office, I thought that you might know, Who is he?"

"Um, he's a... an old friend, yes, I suppose you could call him that." Said my grandma, trying to be careful with the words she says.

"Oh, cool, Could you tell me more about him?" I asked, my eyes sparkling with curiosity

"Well... let your parents tell you that, okay?" She said.

"But... can't you tell me at least something, even if it's a little? You know they don't tell me a lot of things."

"Let's just say he's someone important." And knowing she wouldn't tell me anything else, I stopped asking her about it.

My grandma stood up and went to the office, closing the door as she entered.

Curious to know who he was, I walked to my father's office trying to hear something by leaning against the door, I didn't hear a lot, but I did hear one thing, I heard my grandma's voice say.

"Sorry to intrude, but that boy deserves to know what he is."

There was an abrupt silence, and I heard footsteps, quickly I walked away and seconds later the door was opened, my grandma, on the other hand, walked out with a happy face, like she finally felt free.

The four of them gathered in the living room, where they indicated me to go, I obeyed them without saying a word, when I got there my parents looked at each other, looked at Dumbledore, and nodded.

"I have something destined for you, little one." And without saying another word, he handed me a letter.

It had a weird purple wax stamp, surrounded by a lion, an eagle, a badger, and a snake coiled in a big letter H, turning around the envelope of the letter, it said.

Mr. (L/N)

10 Magnolia Crescent

Little Whinging

Surrey.

Confused, I opened the letter, inside of it was written.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr. (L/N),

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall,

Deputy Headmistress

When I finished reading the letter, doubts started to grow in me, I couldn't believe what was happening, Were my parents pulling a joke on me?

"Is this a joke? Me? A wizard?" I asked without believing the letter's contents.

My father looked at me in the eyes and said.

"I wish it was a joke, we wanted to hide it from you as long as possible, but after talking with Dumbledore, we realized it was best for you to know it, no matter how hard it was for us."

Now I understand the things that were happening recently, I thought it was my imagination, that my mind was trying to make my life more fun and exciting, but I still can't believe that this is happening.

"Why... why did you hide this from me?" I looked to my parents for an answer.

They looked at each other sadly, and my mother said.

"Our world is too dangerous, we didn't want you to be in danger by facing it or knowing about it, we wanted you to have a normal life, like a muggle, we didn't want you to have a life like ours, full of danger and violence." She said as if she was remembering something from the past.

"But sooner or later you would find out, your magic must be starting to show itself, and if you don't know how to control it, it could be very dangerous, not only for the ones around you but for yourself."

Then my father spoke.

"We lost so many people, so many friends because of some unnecessary violence, we didn't want that for you, we wanted what's best for you, or at least, what we thought it was best." He said with sadness in his voice.

And I finally understood, why I couldn't have normal friends, why they isolated me from the world, why I never met more family members, more people like me, why I could never be with more people, why I never was able to have a normal childhood, and I felt mad, for the first time, I felt mad at my parents, and I showed it.

"What's best for me? Isolating me from everything was the best for me? Hiding who I am from me? Taking away my childhood? Shutting me away? Did you think that was the best for me?! Instead of teaching me?!" I yelled, distraught, frustrated, anxious, with all kinds of emotions.

Everything around me started to react, the lights started flashing even though they were off, the windows shivered violently, threatening to break, and a wind started to invade the room, but I couldn't focus on that, my emotions were overflowing, and I was at the verge of tears, not tears of sadness, but rather of frustration.

My parents realized all that was happening around us, so they tried to calm me down, but I was too upset at them to pay attention, all they did only made me more upset.

Dumbledore grabbed me by the shoulders and made me look at him in the eyes, and I started to feel calmer, less angry, and all around me started to calm too.

When everything stopped, I looked around me, and I was shocked.

"I... I did this?" I said still shocked by the mess I did.

"This is the reason why your parents and your grandmother think it would be for the best if you came to Hogwarts, to help you control your magic, and, if you allow me to say, I think you have an astounding potential just by seeing the disasters you leave, you almost remind me of myself when I was a kid." Said Dumbledore with a chuckle at the sight of everything that happened.

"What do you say, little one? Would you like to be a part of Hogwarts? You would be with kids your age, And who knows? You might even make some friends in there, as they always say, you find the best of friends in the weirdest of situations."

"Who says that?" I asked confused.

"Me." Said dumbledore as he smiled warmly

After he said that, Dumbledore looked directly into my eyes, awaiting an answer.

After hearing that I could be with more people like me and finally be able to make friends excited me, even though I don't know how to socialize, and just thinking about it makes me anxious, but my answer was clear, I've always daydreamed of things like this, I guess it was my subconscious keeping me from getting bored, but right now, it wasn't a dream, it was happening, and I wasn't going to let this opportunity away.

"Yes, I would love to be a part of your school, Mr. Dumbledore," I said, still a little upset about my parents' lies, but excited nonetheless.

"Then it's an honor to welcome you to Hogwarts, little one, I'm afraid to tell you that the semester starts on September 1st, and you will have to buy everything that appears on the list, including your wand, and remember, it's not Mr. Dumbledore anymore, it's Professor Dumbledore." He said in his usual calm tone.

"Okay Professor Dumbledore, but, Where can I buy all of this? I don't think they sell this kind of stuff everywhere."

"For that, Little one, you shall go to Diagon Alley."

"Diagon alley? I've never heard of that place before, but it sounds magical, Will you take me there sir?" I said with confusion in my voice.

Before Dumbledore could even speak, my father said.

"No, son, we'll take you there, and while we're on our way there we'll explain to you all about the magical world and about us, it's time we stop hiding secrets from you, and we will tell you all about this world and the creatures that are in it." He said, finally understanding that even if they didn't want it, I would go to Hogwarts.

"Does that mean that you finally will tell me about your job?" I said, curious and excited.

My father sighed and said.

"Yes, little man, we're going to tell you everything we've kept from you, including our jobs"

A smile threatened to appear on my face, but I held it because I still was upset at them.

"I did feel that this birthday was going to be different, but I didn't expect it this kind of different, even so, it's the best birthday I've ever had." I thought, as I smiled mentally, imagining everything that could happen in my future.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 100 14
What happens when Luz's Old Life in the Human Realm, collides with her New Life in the Demon Realm. Set about 6 weeks after King's Tide, but was it r...
1.9K 67 6
You were a son of Apollo. You and Thalia had met on her way to camp, and you had developed a crush on her. You had been there when she had "died", an...
9K 20 2
My name is Y/n thawne. I am the son of the revese flash and I somehow ended up fighting along side my fathers arch nemises daugther. I ended up trave...
147K 2.8K 81
There are good days and bad days in everyone's lives; but all of my bad days happened in one year.