Bloodlines: Severed Ties

By LahTay13

The orb has spoken. A hero must rise, and unite all the creatures of Ammertia to face a greater, ever growing... More

Recap
Map of Ammertia
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Start of a New Journey
Chapter 2: Tents? Tents.
Chapter 3: Pillow Talk
Chapter 4: Oh What I'd Do For Some Coin
Chapter 5: Dreams and Nightmares
Chapter 6: Olive the Satyr
Chapter 7: More Than Kelp
Chapter 8: Not Even a Thanks?
Chapter 9: Welcome to New Nortia... Again
Chapter 10: Closets and Dresses
Chapter 11: Dinner for Freaks
Chapter 12: Pride
Chapter 13: Time and Stuff
Chapter 14: The Invitation
Chapter 15: Not Quite Equals
Chapter 17: Prophecy Untold
Chapter 18: Dissolved Illusions
Chapter 19: Obligatory Ball Sequence
Chapter 20: The Ball Goes On
Chapter 21: A Plan in Motion
Chapter 22: Bump in the Road
Chapter 23: Party Crashers
Chapter 24: Creatures of Habit
Chapter 25: Farewell for Now
Chapter 26: Meanwhile at Castle Doom...
Chapter 27: Return to Vasselind
Chapter 28: Zalla the Palladin
Chapter 29: The Hunter Sigil
Chapter 30: the Regalia family
Chapter 31: Ink and Blood
Chapter 32: Splitting Off
Chapter 33: Splitting Off - Sylvia's story
Chapter 34: Splitting Off - Darian and Aliyah
Chapter 35: Splitting Off - the Final Chapter
Chapter 36: Reunited, With Bad News
Chapter 37: Quiche and Infiltration
Chapter 38: Run
Chapter 39: Hello Brother
Chapter 40: Blurred Lines
Chapter 41: Boom, Time to Go
Chapter 42: Mass Exodus
Chapter 43: Recuperation
Chapter 44: The Power of a Name

Chapter 16: Let's Do the Time Warp...Again

17 15 0
By LahTay13

Sylvia found herself face to face with the bent, decrepit door. She had snuck out of the Jenkins's residence after everyone had fallen asleep, including a slightly restless yet snoring Darian beside her in bed. Careful not to make a sound, she had left into the dead of the night.

And was now staring, waiting as if the door would jump out and attack her. She was afraid, but unsure why.

Peering inside the crack, she saw only the same thing she had left. It was still day inside the box, the sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. The flowers were in full bloom, bright vivid colours dotting the green landscape. Sylvia could not see the man she had met, but knew he would be nearby.

Sylvia took a deep breath in, and exhaled as she stepped back into the dimension rift. She finally spotted the man, who was still exactly where she had left him, picking mushrooms. Sylvia began to run towards the man, but soon felt herself shrinking.

Back again so soon?

The condescending voice asked, as Sylvia shrank and shrank, her hands and feet growing small and more pudgier with every passing second. By the time she reached the man, she had been reduced to a small child.

"How original..." She muttered under her breath. She looked down, noticing that not only had she grown smaller but her dual scimitar also. They practically looked like toothpicks, but she knew size didn't matter.

"Oh, that was quick! You only just stepped out," the man said. He was eye level with her, as he was kneeling. However, despite Sylvia's changed form he still had recognised her.

"What's your name?" Sylvia asked, her voice shrill and clumsy. Although she still had her mind, her voice apparently was that of a child's.

"Thomas," the man replied, somewhat startled by a toddler asking demanding questions.

"Right, Thomas time to go," Sylvia declared boldly. She grabbed him by the wrist, practically yanked him off the floor, and began marching for the door. Thomas didn't seem to mind, making no audible complaints. However, the demon had other ideas.

Oh don't go, I've got so much more to show you.

The voice taunted Sylvia, and although she did try to block it out she found herself becoming irked by it.

"Sylvia?" A soft voice asked from behind her. Sylvia stopped, dead in her tracks. She slowly turned, looking down at the arm in her hand. Instead of Thomas's thick, stubby fingers she saw a soft, delicate hand. It still had some callouses, indicating a hard life lived.

Sylvia's gaze followed up the arm, over the shoulder, to rest on the face looking lovingly down at her.

"Mum?" Sylvia whispered, her eyes wide in disbelief. Her mother smiled, teeth shining white.

"You've gotten my tiara again silly!" She cooed. Sylvia felt with her free hand atop her head, realising her mother meant the haemomancer tiara.

"I was just... Borrowing it," Sylvia muttered, still unsure how to feel about the whole situation. She knew it wasn't real, knew it was an illusion, but couldn't quite bring herself to let go.

Sylvia gazed up her mother. She looked exactly as she had the day she died, down to the clothes she wore. How the demon had known, was beyond her. But in this moment, she was content.

So many failures in your past....

Suddenly, her mother's expression changed into that of pain. She let out a blood curdling scream, as she slowly began to ignite. Flames slowly swallowed her body, with Sylvia still holding on to her mother's arm. The fire reflecting in Sylvia's wide, tear riddled eyes.

Sylvia stumbled backwards, away from the charred remains of her mother. She soon tripped over an invisible edge, falling and plummeting down a dark hole. Tumbling, falling, twisting around and around in the darkness she fell.

But then her feet landed on solid paving with a clack. Regaining composure, Sylvia realised she was standing in the rain, just outside of New Nortia.

Even your present.... So many failures Sylvia...

With the rain slating down, Sylvia ran inside the nearest tavern. With her tiny toddler frame, she had to put all of her weight on her shoulder to open the door. It was busy, people drinking and singing all over the place. However, above the din she heard a distinctive voice.

"It's not fair. It's not FAIR! My family were being torn apart down there, while yours were eating caviar and drinking aged wine. For Christ's sake your sister hasn't even gone on a hunt yet!"

It was her own voice, yet Sylvia had said nothing. She turned her attention towards the din, and with a start Sylvia realised that this was the tavern her and Darian had gotten into an argument.

"You can't blame us, that's not right. We offered you a home after we found out what happened and you can't forget that," Darian whispered, containing himself.

Sylvia watched in third person, staring from across the room as the old Sylvia got up out of the table. She was furious, her brows knitted together. Her hands were drawn into fists, fingers digging into her skin to try and keep the tears back.

"We needed you..." She said, downing her drink. Old Sylvia then did what she did best, she ran away. She left the tavern in a hurry, her cape whipping behind her as the door opening up to the stormy night.

"Sylvia, wait!" Darian called out, as the illusion faded to whisps of darkness. Sylvia felt an overwhelming sense of sorrow, sadness, as the next scene materialised in front of her.

"Sylvia..." It was Aliyah's voice, causing Sylvia to spin around her heart in her throat. Around her was the elven village, exactly as she remembered it. It was nighttime, a dull white glow just barely making it through the thick of the tree tops.

"I went to get you, but you were gone?" Sylvia turned to where Aliyah was facing, seeing herself and Darian at the entrance to her Family Archives. Sylvia gulped as she realised this is where she had abandoned Aliyah.

"Aliyah.... I-" Sylvia began, but was cut off by an arrow flying past her face. New Sylvia quickly spun to face where the arrow had come from, to see a dozen elves lining the Forrest canopy. Aliyah had not come alone.

"It was a trap all along!" Sylvia watched as her and Darian fled inside the Family Archives, leaving a sorrowful Aliyah with the rest of their kind.

You run away, but what are you running towards?

Again, the illusion disappeared into mist. When it reappeared however, Sylvia saw only white. Looking down, her small feet made little indents in the white. It looked almost like snow, but Sylvia felt no cold, no chill despite being in summer attire.

Then, out of no where a blur slammed into her side, throwing her flying backwards. Her back hit something solid, winding her as she crumpled to the ground. Sylvia coughed, small flecks of blood dribbling down her chin before splattering on the pristine white floor.

A thick, muscular hand was thrust towards Sylvia and grabbed her neck. The hand was so large it fit completely around her neck, and hoisted her up, pinning her against the solid surface behind her.

Lifting her gaze, Sylvia saw two brilliant, red eyes.

"My my, I thought you'd put up a better fight," a family voice said.

It was Anthony.

We stayed up! Even with the image! Hoorah for us!

But gosh wasn't that just a fun trip down memory lane! I had to go back and revisit my old book just to make sure I got the interactions exactly the same. Hope you guys enjoyed, and for those who haven't read the first book I hope this gives you a clear idea of what happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 203 60
Alex survived fighting a war on an alien world. But can she survive her return trip to New Orleans? The brothers are fighting, throwing their new Gua...
456 39 14
In the Old times where battles were the greatest - in a kingdom of Ireland there lives a princess named Zoe Drageheart firstborn of Queen Alisha Drag...
15.6K 605 30
Alex Germaine, short for Alexis, had just graduated from college and her parents surprised her with an extended trip to Europe. The plan was to trave...
541 72 16
Rose Beckett wasn't raised to be the Queen of Silva. No, she was raised to be the wife of the man who'd marry her and inherit the title of King of Si...