Her sweet girl

By Sirsell

On one of those incredibly cold December days, where you just want to get home, curl up under a blanket with... More

The story of us
Cast
Aesthetics
Epigraph
Prologue
Under a streetlight
Barefoot in the kitchen
Peter losing Wendy
Gotta call my friends
The best day
Car ride home
These pretty things
Evertime you smile, I smile
Sweet dreams of holly and ribbon
To you everything is funny
There's glitter on the floor
You go to class
Out of the woods
Staring at the sunset
What a marvelous time
It's miserable and magical, oh yeah
Just stay this little
Boy, I fancy you
And now I love high tea
Soon enough you're best friends
...Ready for it?
It feels like a perfect night
Things that only Carolina will ever know
I dont need your closure
IMPORTANT
Hey

With a big cake, happy birthday

1.3K 20 8
By Sirsell

13.12.2017
Emilie Pov: 

It was really, really early in the morning when I  woke up. Today was mommy's birthday, the first time I'd celebrate her birthday with her. Joe was here too and some of mommy's friends would come over later.

Joe had helped me to pick out a present for her and I was really happy with what I got for her. I climbed out of my bed and went into the hallway, trying to be as quiet as possible. Joe had asked me to be quiet so mom could sleep in, he wanted to make her breakfast in bed with my help.

"Joe." I whispered quietly into their room. "Emi are you up?" I heard his low voice whispering back. "Yeah. Can we make breakfast?" There was some rustling in the room and a minute later Joe stepped out of the room. "Let's make breakfast." He held his hand out for me.

"Can we make pancakes?" "Sure, what are your mom's favorite pancakes?" "Chocolate Chip" He looked down at me. "You sure? From what I know, those are your favorite." I pouted and looked back up at him. "They are tasty and mommy likes them too, but I think she likes the ones with cinnamon the best."

Joe smiled and nodded. "I think so too. How about we make some?" I nodded while getting onto the little stool that we had in the kitchen for me. "Alright let's get started."

Joe wasn't really the best in the kitchen so it took us quite some time to finish the Pancakes, in the meantime I had already prepared the cutlery we'd take with us to the bedroom and some orange juice.

"Let's go surprise your mommy okay?" He asked, lifting the tray of food up, carrying it through the apartment. "Can we wake her up by singing happy birthday?" I asked and he nodded, so when I opened the door we both started singing.

We stood at the end of the bed and I watched as mommy moved a little before she fully opened her eyes and sat up. She looked sleepy but really happy, her smile was really big and her eyes were sparkly.

"Thank you so much." She said and smiled at us. I smiled back at her and climbed onto the bed. "Happy birthday Mommy." I hugged her and she pulled me closer.

"Thank you so much sweet girl." Joe set the tray down and sat down next to mommy. "Happy birthday my love." He kissed her lips and I quickly looked away. "We stopped kissing and now come back here."

I giggled and scooted back to the grown ups. "We made you breakfast in bed." I told her and pointed towards the food and she just smiled back at me. "Really. What did you make?"

She asked and while Joe picked up the tray to set it on the bed, I answered. "Cinnamon pancakes, coffee and cocoa and I pressed orange juice." She smiled and took the plate Joe handed her.

"Thank you so much for this. I couldn't imagine a better way to start my birthday." I just smiled and cuddled back into her side, while eating my pancakes. They were pretty good but not as good as the chocolate chip pancakes mommy made were.

"Mommy, when are your friends coming?" She brushed her hand through my hair making me look up at her. "I'm not sure. Our family is coming over for lunch and I think Selena, Gigi and Bella are coming a little earlier than the others. So probably around 4pm." I nodded and drank the last bit of my orange juice.

Yesterday I had worked extra long on my homework so I could spend the whole day with mommy and the others.

Mommy was still brushing her hand through my hair as if to reassure herself that I was sitting next to her. I looked up at her and she smiled back down at me.

"We should finish the cake for later." Mommy said and I nodded agreeing. We had prepared the cake yesterday and now we just needed to decorate it.
Everything else was finished, the decorations had been put up, the cupcakes were made and the apartment was cleaned up.

"Do you want my help?" Joe asked and mommy looked at me. "I think we'll be okay on our own." I nodded. "Yeah Joe. We'll be fine on our own." I slipped out of her bed, picked up some of the dishes and started to carry them to the kitchen

The grown ups were following me, carrying the rest of the dishes. "Thanks for the help, pretty girl. Now let's see we have prepared everything yesterday. We just need the actual decorations right?" She asked and I nodded, we were both still wearing Pj's.

Mommy's were light blue and kitty prints on the pants and mine were light purple and on the top was a white cloud with 'sweet dreams' written in purple. But she didn't seem to care about the fact that we were both in our Pj's and just started to get everything out of the refrigerator and ready for the decorating.

Yesterday we made the main parts of the cake and now we need to stack the four cake bases on top of each with chocolate filling in between the two top and bottom layers. "Let's get started. Do you want me to show you what to do?"

I nodded and she showed me how to evenly spread the chocolate filling, before stacking the other cake base on top of it.

Then we put those cake bases on top of each other with the vanilla filling. "Alright so far so good. Now the decorations." We had prepared some decorations yesterday like different sweets to put on top of the cake and a really awesome candle that would blast sparks in the air.

Together we decorated the cake. "It looks absolutely awesome." Mommy said, giving me a high five. "Yeah. It's awesome. I really wanna try a piece."

While Joe started to put some stuff around the room, like the drinks on the table and some snacks on another, we cleaned the kitchen up.

"Taylor it's almost noon. Your family is gonna be here soon." Joe suddenly said, making us look up at him. "Right. I still need to prepare something for lunch." She said and looked around. "I'll help you." I promised and trailed back into the kitchen.

"Thanks Emi." She smiled back and started to get some vegetables out of the refrigerator. "Let's make rice and vegetables. It's easy and fast. Do you want to cut the potatoes into the form of fries? We can fry them with some curry powder and turmeric." "Yeah. We made them a few weeks ago, right?"

I asked as I grabbed the potatoes from the counter and sat down at the table. "That's right. I'll cut some other vegetables before I start making the rice." "Do you need help cutting the vegetables or can I take a quick shower?" Joe asked.

"Go take a shower, but could you take over when I'm almost finished, so Emi and I can take a shower too and change?" "Of course love." He leaned over the counter and pressed a kiss to her lips, before leaving towards the bathroom.

"What do you want to wear today, pretty girl?" "Uhm I think black leggings, the red dress with the bluish ribbon." I answered thinking about the outfit. "That sounds like a really good outfit. I'd wear the red dress you chose for me the last time we went shopping."

"Can I try to make your hair?" I asked and looked at her. "Yeah, of course you can try. What style were you thinking?" I was thinking about what kinda hairstyle I knew how to braid and which I had seen mommy wear.

"The braid that Gigi taught me." "You mean the one where you put half the hair in a ponytail and then flip it?" "Yeah it looks so pretty and with your curly hair you'll look like a princess." She smiled. "Okay. Then you can make it after the shower, when we are getting ready."

We had finished cutting the vegetables and mommy started to fry the potatoes and I stirred in the vegetable mix we made so nothing would burn. In the background we heard Joe turn the water off. "Woah, that was fast."

I told her and she nodded. "Yeah. You and I would never be that fast." I pouted and looked at her. "I like hot showers and baths. They make me feel calm and when you shower with me they are super fun." "I like them too. It's relaxing for both the muscles and the mind isn't it?" "Yeah that's it." I nodded happily. "And I like showering with you too. Since you like singing under the shower and I like singing in the shower with you."

"Hello my pretty girls." Joe came back into the kitchen and put his hand on my head to ruffle my hair, before he kissed my mom's cheek. His hair was wet and he smelled like he came fresh out of the shower. "If you want I can continue to cook now."

He told mommy, who nodded. "That'd be great. Then Emi and I can get ready." He nodded and took over stirring. "Just remember to put the rice in in five minutes. It takes about twenty minutes for it to get ready." He nodded and kissed her on the forehead. "Okay. You girls go get ready."

Mommy took me with her towards the bathroom. "Come on pretty girl." We quickly went under the hot water and mommy started to wash my hair with the same rose shampoo she used the first time she washed my hair.

She had realized that I liked that shampoo and bought it again, since it made me feel comforted and calm. "I like this shampoo." She smiled while she started to wash the soap out of my hair. "I know, that's why I keep buying it. Now you use some of the body wash and I'll wash myself."

I grabbed the body wash she bought for me. It also smelled like roses and made my skin feel really soft. A few minutes later we were both finished and while she dried my hair with the blow drier, her hair was tied up with the towel.

"Now all done your hair is dry again. Go get changed. I'll do your hair after lunch okay? And you can do my hair after lunch too." I nodded and happily skipped to my room, where I changed into the outfit I had planned before.

While I was changing I heard the bell ring and Joe open the door, greeting someone. When I went into the living room I saw Pops, Granny and Uncle Austin sitting on the couch with him.

"Hello Miss Emilie." Pops said and opened his arms for me to jump in. "Hey Pops." I cuddled into his arms, before climbing onto Granny's lap to greet her. "Hello there pretty girl." "I missed you Granny." She smiled and pressed a kiss on my hair.

"I'll tell you what I missed you and your mom too. So I'm glad that we all be together for Christmas." I smiled back at her, before I stretched my arms towards Uncle Austin. "Hello princess." I hugged him even closer. "Uncle Austin?" "Yes Emi?" He looked at me.

"Mommy said that tonight a lot of people will dance together. I was wondering if you'd dance with me? Cause mommy and Joe will dance together and I don't want you to dance alone." He laughed a little and nodded again. "Of course I'd be honored to have you as my dance partner."  I smiled and leaned back into his chest.

Then mommy came inside the room. Granny and Pops got up and hugged her. I heard them wish her a happy birthday as they hugged her. I saw Granny holding mommy close and stroking her like mommy always did with me and I smiled.

"Hey Emi. Will you let me get up so I can wish Teffy a happy birthday?" "Will I get more cuddles later?" I asked and he nodded. "You will and I'm sure as soon as your Aunties come they'll give you all the cuddles you want. And if you ask Joe I'm sure he'll give you even more cuddles." I giggled and nodded.

My aunties loved cuddles and Joe could never say no to anything I asked him. "Okay." I moved from his lap and let him greet mommy, watching as he pulled her onto his arms and she put her head on his shoulder hugging him back. "I missed you." I heard her say to him, before she let go.

"So you guys. We made rice with vegetables and like handmade fries. Are you hungry?" "That sounds really good. Yeah of course we are hungry." Austin said and we went to the dining hall, where Joe had set the table.

"You guys sit down. I'll go get the food." Joe said, but I just followed him. "I'll help you carry the food." "Alrighty Emi. Here are the potatoes. Be careful the food is hot." I went back to the dining hall and put the bowl on the table. Joe put a bowl with rice down, before putting the vegetables down.

"Alrighty guys let's dig in." The food was really good and Uncle Austin was telling us about a play he recently got a role in, that he was preparing for now. "I'm really excited about this play. It's child friendly so if you guys like you and Emi could come out for a show." "Can we mommy?" She nodded.

"Sure if we're in the country then we'll go." She smiled at her brother. We finished the food and the grown ups cleaned up. Uncle Austin and I sat down on the couch and I cuddled back into him. "You know Uncle Austin. I made a friend when we were in England and we wrote a song. Did mommy show you the video?" He shook his head and gave me a smile.

"No she didn't. Do you want to show it to me?" I nodded and jumped up to ask mommy for her phone. "Can I show Uncle Austin the song me and Millie wrote?" "Of course you can. I think your Granny and Pops didn't see it either." "I'll show it to them." I grabbed the phone from her hand and skipped back to Austin to show him the video.

"This is Millie. We want to be a band when we grow up." I told him and then pressed play. Granny and Pops were standing behind us and watching the video with us. As soon as the video finished I looked up at them. "Did you like it?" Granny smiled and nodded.

"Yeah it's great. You're a very talented little girl, just like your mommy." I smiled. Even though I knew that I wasn't really Taylor's daughter, I really liked it when people compared me to her and told me I was like her, because she was my biggest role model.

"Thanks for saying that." I said and smiled. "Emi, we still have to finish getting ready. I think you wanted to do my hair." I looked at her and jumped from the couch.

"That's right. Can I do your hair now?" She nodded. "We will be back in a bit." She told the others and together we went to her room, where I started to brush out her hair. "Can you tell me if it hurts?" "Don't worry sweetie. You're not hurting me." "Kay I'll try to part your hair now, like Gigi did."

It took me a little while but I actually managed to part the hair and put the upper part into a nice ponytail. "I'm gonna try to pull the ponytail through the loop now." I used the black thing that Gigi had given me so I could recreate the hairstyle she showed me and pulled Taylors hair into a twisted half up half down ponytail.

"It looks pretty." I told her and smiled at her. She got up and looked at herself in the mirror. "You did such a good job. It looks so pretty. Thank you for doing my hair." I just looked up at her, giving her a sweet smile. "Now let me do your hair."

She brushed through my hair, before she started two twist it up into space buns. "Aww you look adorable." She squealed after she tied both buns and put pretty ribbons in. "Thanks mommy." She smiled down at me and booped my nose.

"Now I need to get my makeup done. If you want you can go back to the others while I finish." "Kay. I'll go see Granny." I gave her another hug and left the room, skipping down the hallway. "Hey Granny. Look how pretty Mommy made my hair." "Woah she did. You look beautiful today Miss Emilie." "Thank you for saying that." 

I slipped onto the couch next to her and leaned into her side. She was talking with the other grown ups about some politicians,but I didn't understand what politics really were and what was going on. Maybe mommy or one of my aunties could explain it to me later.

Mommy slipped back into the room and sat down next to Joe, who pulled her closer and kissed her cheek. I saw him whispering something into her ear, making her blush and slap his arm, before she settled back into cuddling into his side. He had wrapped his arm around her and I watched him stroking her hair, before she turned to him and quietly talked to him.

For the next hour or so I just stayed on the couch listening to the grown ups. Then the doorbell rang and mommy got up to open the door. She came back to the living room with Bella and Gigi. "Hey guys." I jumped up from the couch and hugged the two sisters. "Hey Bean."

I smiled and hugged Bella. "Bella." She was super duper fun and she gave great cuddles. "Hello Miss Emilie." Gigi picked me from her sister's arms and hugged me. "Hey Gigi." The older of the two smiled down at me. "Look I made mommy's hair like you taught me too." "Really? You did her hair?" She asked, looking surprised. "Yeah. I did." "Woah you did such a good job. Her hair looks beautiful." I smiled and nodded satisfied.

Back in the living room they greeted the other people that were there. This time I decided to sit down next to Bella to get some cuddles and finally have some to talk to. "So Miss Emilie, have you been up to since we last saw each other?" "I was in London and I made a new best friend, her name is Millie."

She nodded, pulling me to her side. "That's awesome. Did you like London?" "Yeah it was awesome. Joe showed me a lot of really cool things and he got me a really pretty backpack. Do you want to see it? It's in my room." Bella smiled and nodded. "Sure if you'd like to."

I jumped up from the couch, grabbing Bella's hand and pulling her upstairs with me. In my room I pulled out the backpack. "Look, it's so pretty and he also got me this." I held up the rest of the glitter for the roots. "And Mellow. Look, she's super cute."

I climbed up onto my bed and showed her the Llama. "Oh woah that's so pretty and she looks just like a marshmallow no wonder her name is Mellow." "Bella, can we play a game? Mommy and the others have been talking about politics for like the whole afternoon and it's boring." She chuckled and nodded agreeing.

"Of course what do you wanna play?" "Candy land." I climbed down from the bed and got the game. Together Bella and I set up the game, before sitting down on the floor and playing. "Well there you are. I was wondering where my favorite baby bear is." I definitely recognized the voice and jumped up to look at the red head standing in the doorway.

"Eddi." He picked me up and twirled me around. "Do you want to play with us?" He looked over to Bella, before nodding. "Sure but I think you should say goodbye to your grandparents first. They wanted to leave soon." "Okay I'm back in a bit, don't leave." I ran downstairs and heard Ed ask Bella if he was now a prisoner.

"Granny." She was standing next to the door.  "Are you leaving now?" "Yeah your Pops and I are gonna leave the party to the young people." I giggled as she pressed a kiss on my forehead. "Bye Granny I'll miss you." "I'll miss you too Miss Emilie."

I went over to Pops and gave him a big hug. "Goodbye pops." He picked me up and twirled me around before kissing my forehead. "Bye Emilie." He gave Mom and Joe another hug, before he and Granny left the apartment. "I'll be back upstairs. Bella and Eddi promised to play candyland with me."

"Alrighty love. Have fun." I skipped back upstairs, back into my room, where both of them were still sitting and waiting for me to come back. "We can play now." We played four rounds of candyland, me winning two of them and the others winning one each.

"Hey you guys it's been quite a while and most of the other guests are here if you want to come down." Auntie Selly popped her head into the room. I jumped up, running over to her and giving her a hug. "Auntie Selly." "Well if this isn't my favorite little girl." I hugged her and closed my eyes as she pulled me closer to her chest.

"Yeah let's go downstairs I want cake." She smiled and the other two got up, one of them had started putting the game away. "Alrighty let's go get you some cake little Miss." I smiled and skipped downstairs into the full living room.

So many people were there, not as many as the New Years Eve Party but still a lot. I saw Camila and a few others I knew, but decided to go over to the food instead of saying hi. I grabbed myself a lemon bar, that someone brought or mommy maybe quickly made in the kitchen. I jumped onto the couch next to Gigi, who was sitting on the couch eating cake.

"Hello there." I giggled and took a bite out of my piece of cake, before leaning into her side. "Do you know all those people?" I asked her and she shook her head. "Not all of them. What about you?" "No. Not all of them. But you know Uncle Austin promised he'd dance with me later."

"That sounds fun. I'm sure he's good at dancing." I just nodded. "I don't know. I just don't want him to be lonely when all the others dance together." She gave me a big smile. "That's so sweet of you." I gave her a smile leaning closer to her.

"Look there's Bella." I said and pointed to the brunette, waving as she came closer to us. She sat down next to me and held a cookie out to me. "Want a cookie?" "Yeah." I grabbed the cookie from her hand and took a bite from the cookie. "Tank wou." I said with my mouth full making the two sisters laugh.

"You're a funny little girl." I just smiled, taking another bite of my lemon bar. The two sisters were talking about something I didn't know, but I just stayed cuddled into Gigi's Side and finished my food.

Bella had told us that upstairs a lot of people were dancing, so after I finished my food. I jumped up from the couch and went to search for Uncle Austin. "I'm gonna dance now." I told the sisters. "Alrighty have fun."

Gigi said and gave me a smile and I gave her a smile wave as I skipped upstairs, where I found Uncle Austin dancing with a girl I never saw before. Why was he dancing with her? I thought he was alone. He seemed really happy.

Mommy was dancing with Joe and Selena was dancing with a guy I had never seen before. I didn't really know what to do since everyone I knew was already dancing with someone, so I just leaned against the wall, waiting for the song to finish.

Joe and Mommy stopped dancing after the song was finished and I saw the two walking towards me. "Hey princess. Wanna dance with me?" I looked at Joe, who smiled and nodded. "Yeah, if that's okay with mommy." She gave me a smile. "Of course it is." Joe helped me stand on his feet and started swaying back and forth.

The music was playing softly in the background. I giggled as he twirled me around. "You're such a great dancer, love." "Thank you so much." I giggled. The next song started and someone tapped me on the shoulder. "Can I take over?" Uncle Austin was standing there.

"Yeah." I let go of Joe's hand and jumped into my uncle's open arms. "You can dance with mommy. I think she misses you." I told Joe, pointing over to the blonde, who was waiting patiently at the side of the room.

He pressed a kiss on my forehead, before he went back to mommy and asked her for a dance. Austin kept me in his arms, my feet dangling over the ground he was swaying us back and forth, twirling around. It was really fun, but then at some point the woman from before came to us.

"Hey Austin, babe. Who is that cutie?" I looked at her before hiding my face on his shoulder. He tried to get me to look up again, but I didn't react, so he just introduced me. "This is my niece Emilie." "Hey Emilie. I'm Jenna. I'm Austin's girlfriend." I nodded and gave her a little smile.

"Do you think me and my boyfriend could dance together?" I nodded and slipped out of his arms. "Nighty Uncle Austin. Night." I walked back to the side of the room. Auntie Selly was sitting there as well, talking with this guy I had seen earlier.

"Hi Emilie." I smiled at her before sitting down on her lap. "Hey cutie. I'm Kyle. It's nice to meet you." The man held his hand out to me and I smiled, shaking his hand. "It's my pleasure." I answered as I had heard Joe answer before, making both grown ups laugh.

"The Brit is starting to corrupt you." Auntie Selly laughed, tickling my sides. I giggled and squirmed around on her lap. "Stop please." She did stop and I just leaned back against her. "Could you tuck me in?" I asked her and she smiled.

"I sure can, but wouldn't you like your mommy to tuck you in?" "But she's busy and it's her birthday." I explained, rolling my eyes at her. "But she loves to tuck you in. Let's go ask her." She got up and took my hand, gently leading me over to mommy and Joe, who were dancing slowly.

Mommy had her head on Joe's shoulder and both of them had their arms wrapped around each other. "Hey Tay. Miss Emilie is tired. Want me to tuck her in?" The brunette next to me asked and I looked at my mommy. "Oh no it's alright. Come here Emi. I'll take you and tuck you in."

She picked me up with ease, holding me on her hip. "But it's your birthday." I pouted and she just shook her head. "But I'm your mommy and mommy's are always mommy's not on every other day. Now let's get you to bed." She carried me downstairs, where she waited for me to change and brush my teeth, before she helped me to slip under the covers.

I heard a knock on the door just as she was finishing up with tucking me in.  "Can I come in?" Joe's deep voice filled the room and I nodded, he smiled and took a seat next to mommy. "I wasn't gonna let my favorite little girl go to sleep without saying good night."

He said and I smiled. Both of them pressed a kiss to my forehead and wished me sweet dreams, before mommy turned the night light on and closed the door.

—----------
4803 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 42 17
The story of Jaskier, rich and famous, and his not quite so small adventure into adopting three trauma riddled witchers. Fluff for days, cuddling, ki...
56.9K 1.4K 45
A little girl runs to a random stadium to get away from her abusive home. What happens when she falls into every little girls fairytale life? ••• I d...
4.8K 124 18
!! LARRY ADOPTION FIC !! Life flows like a rive for 7 year old Lydia. But what happens when her caretaker takes her to a concert, her work place. Wha...
22.8K 395 32
Taylor goes to a cafe in Nashville, she meets 17 year old Alex who is working there. The girl serves her and something about the girl catches her int...