Intertwined Souls (JiTzu)

By 4four4four4

Park Jihyo and Chou Tzuyu are two people who are different yet the same in many ways. They both live with a p... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Epilogue

Chapter 37

422 25 121
By 4four4four4

Monday Evening: 8:00 P.M

3rd Person POV

It took an hour for Nayeon and Jeongyeon to convince Jihyo to go home and rest. The younger woman was adamant about having to spend as much time as she could searching for Tzuyu. It hurt Nayeon and Jeongyeon, and everyone else by extension, that Jihyo was in this state. It was only thanks to Mina talking to Jihyo that the latter was finally convinced to go home as it was clear that no new information was going to come in.

The moment Jihyo walked through the front door, her heart dropped. Tears started welling up in her eyes as the potential future hit her like a train. As much as she tried to hold her tears back, as much as she fought the urge to cry, it was all for naught as her tears streamed from her eyes. She was scared, petrified even at the possibility that she could lose both Tzuyu and Gucci.

Jihyo tried her best to calm down, to recompose herself to have a clear mind, but nothing worked. She found herself reliving the events of the night that she thought she lost Tzuyu forever. Even though she went through many years of abuse under her father and experienced so much pain, the thought of losing Tzuyu was a pain far greater than any abuse she experienced. Her heart felt numb, while her head felt like the world was spinning around her.

Jihyo found herself lying on her couch shaking. She pulled out her phone and called the first contact that she saw. Mina picked up the call and asked, in a worried voice, if everything was okay as it was not normal for Jihyo to call her. Jihyo shakingly begged for Mina to come over. Mina quickly said she was coming over immediately and then hung up the call.

Minutes later, a knock came at the front door. Jihyo struggled to get up but was eventually able to at the backdrop of rapid knocking. She opened the front door and was immediately met with both Mina and Chaeyoung giving her a hug. This caused her to start sobbing uncontrollably.

"Shhh, it's okay," Mina cooed, "Chaeng and I are here for you."

"Exactly, just let it all out, Jihyo-unnie," Chaeyoung whispered.

Jihyo let out all of her emotions as she felt her knees go weak. Mina and Chaeyoung brought Jihyo to the living room couch where they could get in a more comfortable position. Jihyo started to feel numb the longer she cried. Even though she knew that she should not blame herself for anything that happened, she could not stop. She could not stop her mind from believing that all of this was her fault, that it was her fault that she could lose her girlfriend to the man who had already ruined her life once before. Even though both Mina and Chaeyoung were reassuring her right in this instant, it fell on deaf ears.

Jihyo eventually fell asleep, completely exhausted from her mental ordeal. Mina asked Chaeyoung to call Nayeon and Jeongyeon to explain the situation. Chaeyoung pulled out her phone and went off to make the call. All the while, Mina picked Jihyo up and brought her to the first bedroom that she saw. She gently placed Jihyo down on the bed and tucked her in. She then went back to the living room to find Chaeyoung sitting on the couch.

"What did they say?" Mina asked as she sat down beside her girlfriend and side hugged her.

"They are coming over," Chaeyoung replied before her eyes started to glisten, "We need to find Tzuyu. I hate this. I hate seeing Jihyo-unnie like this. I hate that Tzuyu was kidnapped. I hate Jihyo's father for hurting them. They deserve the most in this world after everything they went through."

Mina wiped the tears from Chaeyoung's eyes before her eyes glistened as well, "We will find Tzuyu. We will get rid of Jihyo's father. Then, the two of them can live happily together. We can bear witness to how they decide to shape their lives once every obstacle is gone. Until then, we need to stay strong for both of them. We need to show the world that we will not let it get in the way of our friends' happiness."

Chaeyoung wiped the tears from Mina's eyes before leaning up to place a chaste kiss on her girlfriend's lips, "You're right. I can't wait until they aren't shackled by the chains of their past. I know for sure they will do amazing things together. Let's promise to get them a nice gift when they get that opportunity, okay?"

Mina smiled at Chaeyoung's suggestion, "I love that idea as much as I love you," she agreed, causing Chaeyoung to blush.

Tuesday Afternoon: 1:00 P.M

Jihyo woke up in the morning to Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Mina, and Chaeyoung sleeping in various spots around her apartment. She was surprised momentarily before the memories of last night flashed in her head. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath to maintain her composure. She did not want to break down like she did last night.

Jihyo went around waking everyone up. They all woke in a panic thinking that something terrible had happened. Fortunately, they were all wrong and relieved to see Jihyo looking a lot better than she did yesterday. The breakdown last night forced Jihyo's body to shut down and restart itself, reenergizing her in the process.

Everyone went back to their homes to prepare for work and met up at the restaurant. The entire group arrived and was surprised to see Jihyo working away at preparing the front-of-house for service. Nayeon and Jeongyeon told everyone to get to work before pulling Jihyo to the side. They questioned the younger woman to verify if she was okay to work. Jihyo let out a sigh and said that she was not fully okay but needed to keep her mind off of the investigation until they have new information. Nayeon and Jeongyeon were worried but did not want to force Jihyo to do anything, deciding that it was best to monitor her instead.

Just as everyone started their lunch break, a new video was sent to Jihyo's phone. Jihyo took a moment to strengthen her mind and heart for what she was about to witness. She gathered everyone at a large table and told them that another video had been sent. Silence filled the room as Jihyo called Tzuyu's mother on video call and told the older woman of the situation. Jihyo then started the video.

Tzuyu was still tied to the familiar chair in the familiar dark room. She was still wearing the slightly torn shirt from the last video. She had tears streaming from her eyes which highlighted how bloodshot and puffy her eyes had become. Her mouth was covered with tape this time. Jihyo could feel her anger rising seeing Tzuyu in this state.

Warning: This next scene contains content that may be triggering to some readers.

Jihyo's father walked into the scene looking angry. He yelled at Jihyo for taking so long to find him. He mocked her and said that she was pathetic for not being able to keep her girlfriend safe. He then ripped Tzuyu's shirt clean off of her body, leaving her upper half bare save for her bra. Jihyo became furious upon seeing this. She knew that this was going to trigger the memories that both Tzuyu and her had worked hard to forget. She was right as Tzuyu started thrashing about and letting out muted screams with even more tears streaming from her eyes. The video then ended with the sound of a bell.

Jihyo closed her eyes and took several deep breaths before her eyes darted open, anger clearly radiating from her, "I AM GOING TO END THAT SON OF A BI---" she was in the middle of saying when she suddenly paused, her eyes widening in surprise.

Jihyo replayed the last couple of seconds of the video, "Wait a minute! I got it!"

Jihyo jumped up from her chair and ran to get the map that she was drawing on yesterday. She came back and started circling a couple of areas. Everyone watched on in confusion as Jihyo mumbled a couple of things under her breath.

"I have a general idea of where he is now," Jihyo said as she showed the map to everyone.

"Wait, how do you know for certain?" Nayeon asked.

"The bell at the end of the video," Jihyo replied, gaining confused looks, "I have walked along the river a lot before meeting Chewy and have heard that bell so many times that I could easily recognize it now. I am not certain which side of the river it came from, so I have circled both sides of the river."

"And you are certain about this?" Jeongyeon asked for confirmation.

Jihyo nodded her head and gave Jeongyeon a serious look, "I am certain. I will even bet my life on it."

"No one needs to bet their life on anything," Momo interjected.

Sana nodded in agreement, "If Jihyo says she recognizes it then I think it's safe to say that Tzuyu is being kept in this new search area."

"Let's organize a search party and save Tzuyu tonight," Dahyun suggested.

"We will definitely need to call the police and let them know of the situation. I don't know about anyone else here, but I am worried that Jihyo-unnie's father is armed," Chaeyoung added.

"The police must be involved for all of our safety," Mina said before giving Chaeyoung a kiss on the cheek, "But I will protect you," she attempted to whisper so only Chaeyoung could hear her but ended up being heard by everyone.

"Jihyo," Tzuyu's mother called out to get Jihyo's attention, "Stay safe and bring Tzuyu back safe as well."

Jihyo nodded her head with a confident smile, "Don't worry, Mom. This ends tonight."

Tuesday Evening: 7:00 P.M

Nayeon and Jeongyeon closed the restaurant for the rest of the day so that the group could take their time preparing for the search. Jihyo went to the police station to update the police with the information that they had obtained. The officer taking Jihyo's case brought her to a couple of detectives. They discussed their plan for the search and wanted to keep the group out of it for their safety. Jihyo adamantly argued that the group would partake even if the police would not allow them. The detectives let out a sigh, seeing the passion in Jihyo's eyes, before discussing how to minimize danger to the group, knowing full well that it was the only way forward.

Jihyo finished up with the police before proceeding back to the restaurant to inform how the police wanted their engagement in the search. The group was going to handle the side of the river that was not known for crime, while the police will search the other side of the river known for crime. Everyone was in agreement and planned around this new plan.

Jihyo was now searching an area of the river on her own. She, against the advice of everyone else, thought that it was best to go alone. There was no logic to Jihyo's argument, but everyone else thought it was pointless to try to convince Jihyo otherwise. It was clear that she wanted to go alone no matter what anyone said.

Jihyo walked along the river. Her thoughts were full of Tzuyu and Gucci as she walked. She smiled as she thought about what she would do with the two of them once all of this was over. There were a couple of ideas on her list including places that she wanted to visit, things that she wanted to see, and things she wanted to do; but the most important thing on her mind was how they were going to build their future together.

Jihyo was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the sound of a dog whimpering. She looked around and saw a bush shaking. She cautiously approached it, taking slowly calculated steps. Her heart was racing as her brain told her to not approach the unknown danger, but her heart said the opposite. There was something about the sounds that compelled her to look for the dog.

"GUCCI?!" Jihyo yelled when she opened the bush to find Gucci lying down.

Gucci peeked his head up and instantly jumped up when he saw Jihyo. The little dog leaped at Jihyo who caught him before licking Jihyo's face. He whined in happiness to see a familiar face after the ordeal that he went through after Tzuyu was kidnapped.

Jihyo shed some tears, "I am so happy that you are safe," she said before looking over Gucci's body, "Are you okay? Did Chewy's father hurt you?" she asked as she placed Gucci on the ground.

Gucci ran around in a circle before letting out a happy bark, indicating that he was fine. Jihyo let out a sigh of relief as she pulled out a small container of water and some dog food that she had decided to carry with her. She placed everything on the ground before giving it to Gucci. Gucci instantly rushed for the food and water. Jihyo's heart broke as she realized that he must have been starving without Tzuyu or her by his side. She stroked Gucci's head as she watched him replenish his energy.

"Do you know where Tzuyu is?" Jihyo asked, praying that Gucci would understand her.

Much to Jihyo's surprise, Gucci let out a bark before running a little bit towards what seemed like a random direction. He stopped to spin a circle before barking at Jihyo. Jihyo instantly realized what was going on and quickly packed the food and water before following Gucci.

Gucci slowly led Jihyo into an area that she was not familiar with. The area was very secluded with an eerie atmosphere. Jihyo felt a shiver run through her body as her hands started to shake slightly. A feeling of fear embedded itself into Jihyo's heart. It was a feeling that she knew far too well. She was confident that it meant Gucci was taking her to where Tzuyu was being held.

Gucci suddenly stopped a far distance from a small warehouse. He turned towards Jihyo and panted before spinning in a circle and sitting down. Even though Gucci did not bark, Jihyo could instantly tell what little dog wanted to communicate.

Jihyo crouched down before rubbing Gucci's side, "Thank you Gucci. I am going to go save your other mom, okay? Please hide in that bush and I will come back for you."

Gucci ran towards the bush. Jihyo followed Gucci so that she could set out food and water for him. She then cautiously made her way to the small building. The eeriness of the atmosphere increased dramatically. She was uncertain whether or not this was due to her nerves or a natural phenomenon.

Jihyo slipped into the building through a closed door, making no sound at all as she opened and closed it. Everything was pitch black, so she was forced to take small steps and verify her environment. She eventually found herself in a long hallway with a door slightly ajar at the end of it. A small glow of light highlighted the door frame.

Jihyo was certain that Tzuyu had to be in front of her, but her legs started to shake. She felt wobbly while trying to maintain her balance. She leaned against a wall to help support herself. She questioned why her body refused to move forward and it hit her: she was scared of confronting her father. No matter how much anger flowed through her body, no matter how many times her father violated the love of her life, she was still scared of facing him; scared of facing her former tormentor.

Jihyo remembered the dream that Tzuyu shared with her. She focused on those thoughts as she took several deep breaths. She found her strength returning to her as she envisioned the lake, the house, the lawn, Gucci, kids, and, most importantly, Tzuyu.

Jihyo pushed herself off of the wall before staring at her destination with fiery eyes. She quickly made her way to the door while still being quiet and cautious. She slowly peeked her head into the room before rapidly opening the door. She found Tzuyu unconscious but still tied to a chair.

"TZUYU?!" Jihyo yelled as she ran towards Tzuyu and started shaking the latter.

Tzuyu started opening her eyes, "Ji-Ji... Ji-Ji?!" she questioned in shock, "You have to get out of here! Now!"

"What? Why? I came to rescue you," Jihyo responded with clear confusion written on her face.

"I see you have finally decided to join us," a deep voice boomed from behind Jihyo.

Jihyo turned around and glared at her father who had his hands behind his back, "You bastard! How dare you hurt Chewy! I am going to kill you!"

Jihyo started rushing towards her father when he suddenly pulled out a gun, "Not so fast. I am in control of the situation right now," Jihyo's father said as he waved his gun around.

Jihyo stopped her approach and slowly backed up to stand beside Tzuyu, "What do you want?"

Jihyo's father lowered his gun before letting out a chuckle filled with malice, "Well you see. At first, I wanted you just like I wanted your mother. Then I realized, what's the point? You aren't your mother, and you could never replace her. I was stupid to even fathom taking your chastity in the same way I did your mother."

Jihyo felt her stomach churning at the way her father easily spewed his words. She was in no way surprised that this was his intention the entire time. She was no longer scared and was just filled with contempt. She detested the way her father spoke of her mother. It took everything in her to not react outwardly and give her father the satisfaction of knowing how he could still affect her.

Jihyo's father looked up towards the ceiling, "What I really want now is to eliminate my final ties to this world. Then I can start anew. Shed my old life for a new one far from this city," he explained with no sign of remorse.

Jihyo's father looked back at Jihyo and cocked his gun, "It was really fun torturing you and that little girlfriend of yours. Don't worry, I never actually touched her or anything. I only did what I did to rile you up. It's time to say goodbye. I will start with your little girlfriend and then you."

Jihyo's father pointed the gun at Tzuyu and waved with his free hand, "Goodbye."

Jihyo screamed out as she rushed to cover Tzuyu's body with her own as she closed her eyes tightly. Moments later a shot rang out in the room. Jihyo expected to feel immense pain, but nothing came. She opened her eyes and looked down at both herself and Tzuyu but there were no injuries. Jihyo stepped to the side and turned around. Her eyes widened in surprise when she saw what looked like Tzuyu's mother hugging Jihyo's father.

"You will never harm them. Over my dead fucking body," Tzuyu's mother said before separating from Jihyo's father, revealing that she had driven a knife into Jihyo's father's gut, "Goodbye? More like goodbye to you," she said before twisting the knife.

Jihyo's father screamed out in anguish, "It's... you... Well... fuck..." he managed to say before collapsing, a pool of blood instantly forming underneath him.

Tzuyu's mother turned around and grimaced, "I am glad you two are safe. I made it just in time."

Jihyo smiled widely, "Mom! How did you know we were here?"

"I snu---" Tzuyu's mother started saying when she suddenly collapsed, a pool of blood forming underneath her.

Tzuyu's eyes widened in shock, "MOM?!" she screamed out.

Jihyo quickly untied Tzuyu before the two of them rushed to Tzuyu's mother's side. They scanned her body and realized that the unaccounted bullet had gone through her stomach. Jihyo quickly applied pressure to the wound while thumbling about to get her phone out. She managed to call the police and request an ambulance.

Tzuyu started sobbing uncontrollably, "Mom! Don't die! You can't die on me now! There is still so much I want to do! So much I want to say!"

Tzuyu's mother opened her eyes and weakly reached up to caress Tzuyu's cheek, "Tzuyu, my daughter... There was so much I wanted to do for you before I passed. I guess... this is it for me. I am... so happy... that I got to... reconnect with you... Just remember... Mom loves you..."

Tzuyu held onto her mother's hand as she desperately clung to her mother, "No! No! No! Don't say that! Don't make it sound like you are leaving me! We finally got to rekindle our relationship! You are supposed to help plan Ji-Ji and my wedding! You are supposed to be there when I walked down the aisle! You are supposed to be there to take care of your grandkids and shower them with love! Please don't leave! Not again! I need you!"

Tzuyu's mother's eyes slowly started closing, "I'm sorry... Tzuyu... I... love... y..." she whispered before her hand dropped to the ground and her eyes closed completely.

"MOM?! NOOO!" Tzuyu screamed out as she cradled her mother's body in her arms. All the while, Jihyo desperately held pressure on the wound while tears streamed from her eyes.

---TWICE---

A/N: Hello everyone! I am back with another update! There was so much going on in this chapter from Jihyo's breakdown to Tzuyu being saved. I am happy that Tzuyu was saved and Jihyo's father is now gone, but I am devastated about what happened to Tzuyu's mother. Tzuyu's mother's love for Tzuyu shined through in this chapter, and I wish she had more time to show it to her... Anyways, until next time, thank you for the support!

P.S. We are getting near to the end of this story. I am not exactly sure how many chapters are left, but we will see.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 373 37
Whereas Chou Tzuyu meets a Japanese girl called Myoui Mina who uses her to get back at her ex, Tzuyus feels pissed off and breaks up with the Japanes...
245K 8.8K 67
Chou Tzuyu is an introvert. She only have one friend, her bestfriend Son Chaeyoung. Things go pretty well in her life. Despite being a normal high sc...
283K 8.5K 63
Chaeyoung and her best friend have been friends for over ten years. Chaeyoungs life change after a single night, she falls in love with her best frie...
129K 5.1K 48
Nothing more addicting than you, the only one thing in my life that I desperately want to have. But everything changes after I know, I am not the one...