The Lily and The Sword (Conra...

By Lazy_Rain

After being sucked into an unknown world, Rina Shibuya, doing her best to protect her little brother comes to... More

The Beginning
First Impressions
The Unfair Duel/"I will become your Demon King!".
The Coronation/ Yuri The Demon King
The Pirate Attack
"It Bit Me!"/"What's wrong with a toothless dog?".
The Shrine Maiden, Ulrike/ The Attempted Kidnapping
The Kidnapping
The Great Escape
The Elopers and The Sand Bear
Celi's Getting Married?!
I See The Light
The Great One and Julia
Conrart's Arm
Günter vs. Conrad
Your Name is Demon King
For Our Bonds

Shimaron/ "Do you want to kill Julia?!"

101 2 1
By Lazy_Rain

I sighed, my cloak covered my face as we walked to the manor of the providence, hoping to get some answers for where Yuri could be. The only comfort was how devoted Wolfram was in finding Yuri, whether Yuri likes it or not Wolfram loves him so dearly.
When we got there the butler and temporary head of the house kept diverting us and telling us he hadn't seen anyone of Yuri's description.
He was starting to irritate Wolfram, I placed my hand on Wolfram's shoulder, gently and walked forward.

"Please", I begged as I pulled down my hood, "my brother's life is at stake, if you have any information of where he could be, I will be eternally grateful".

The butler looked at me in surprise but before anything else was said Dicoscose ran into the room alarmed, telling us news of Yuri travelling by boat just yesterday. We made a run for the dock to ride a paddle boat to small Shimaron and Dicoscose rowed the boat, when we arrived on land we followed the trail a large number of people took with a horse and trap. Suddenly dark clouds covered the sky but no rain just thunder then suddenly an earthquake trembled the earth beneath us, not long after in the distance was a dome of light.

"It's Yuri!" Wolfram exclaimed.

It was enough for me to leave the cart and start running towards it with Wolfram following behind me.

"Rina, wait!".

I ran and ran without taking a break, the light was gone and the dark clouds dispersed but nothing was stopping me from running to my little brother.
When I got there I noticed someone's hand hanging off a cliff and made a last effort to hurry over to them, I grabbed hold and almost cried when I saw Yuri with Conrart's arm in his other hand.

"Rina?!".

"I've got you, you idiot!", I looked over my shoulder to see Wolfram just climbing over the rocky ledge of the crater, "Wolfram hurry up and help me!".

Wolfram rushed over to help pull Yuri to safety, I sighed and collapsed.

"Yuri are you alright?" Wolfram asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm alright".

"I'm starting to wonder whether you like getting into trouble" I stated out of breath.

"Don't even joke about that", Yuri sighed.

*****

We returned to Calloria and the devastation that the box left in it's wake. We immediately started getting to work with the injured and security of the people that lived on the coast line. When we were getting short on supplies, all the men from Covenant Castle has arrived with more supplies. With persuasion from both sides, the Demon Tribe's help was greatly appreciated. As everything was happening I couldn't help but think back to Conrart and how proud he would be of Yuri's compassion towards the humans.
The next morning was Conrart's farewell as they dropped the casket, with his arm inside, into the sea. Everything after that just seem to blur away and become numb, I don't even remember returning to Calloria's shore much less Lady Flynn's Manor. I just stood by the window in the dining hall, looking out at the rest of the devastation from the previous day.

Rina, I know you're in mourning but you don't have time for this...

I'm not in mourning, I just wish he was here...

I know but you need to accept the fact that Conrart is gone...

He's not...

Rina...

"Stop it, he's not!".

"Rina?".

I spun around quickly, startled to find everyone looking at me, Yuri looking concerned, Murata and Lady Flynn looking confused, Gwendal, Günter and Wolfram looking at me sadly, a tear left my eye and I covered my mouth, filled to the brim with grief.

"I... I need some air" I mumbled as I quickly excused myself out of the room.

When I was out of sight and hid on a balcony, overlooking the sea, I closed the door behind me. I leant on the stone railing and sighed before a few more tears fell on to my hands, trembling as my hands balled up into fists.

"I will never believe it...neither you, The Great One or anyone will change my mind".

Rina, I-

Suddenly I heard someone knocking at the door, I gasped and looked behind me to see Yozak with his usual smirk.
Usually I would smile back but I just couldn't and turned away, quickly wiping my remaining tears away.
I heard the door open as I looked down at my hands sadly, then I felt him standing next to me.
He was supposed to be getting the ship ready for us to journey to Big Shimaron, I guess it's time if he's here. The strawberry blonde didn't say anything but he didn't have to, I knew he was here to check on me after hearing what happened earlier.

"I'm fine, honestly. I just needed some air".

"Sure it was" he replied, in a sarcastic tone

I looked away from him, slightly annoyed, "I'm not in the mood for your sarcasm, Yozak".

"I'll stop being sarcastic if you start being honest with me".

I turned to looked at him, "what do you mean?".

"I know you've gotten very close to Conrart in the last few months", he replied seriously, "it wouldn't be a surprise that you're taking his death to heart".

"That's the thing Yozak, I don't believe he's dead", I insisted sadly, "and ever since his disappearance, all I have heard is everyone accepting that he died and that I should do the same".

I pulled my dagger from it's sheath and looked at it longingly as I brushed my fingers along the beautiful engraved hilt, "you have no idea how much it hurts how little faith everyone has in him".

"Why do you have so much faith that Conrart is still alive?" Yozak asked curiously.

I looked out towards the sea the morning breeze brushing through my hair, "because I love him".

Yozak looked at me in astonishment after I gave him my reasoning, I felt like my heart was lifted up with that breeze and after I said it out loud it gave me even more faith than I already had in Conrart, "and my wish is to be able to see him again so I can tell him how I feel".

There was silence between us for a little while before I felt awkward and I just grinned, still not looking at him as I tucked some of my hair behind my ear, "sounds a little cliché, doesn't it?".

"Not at all".

I looked over at him a little confused when I saw him smiling, "it's wonderful that you have that belief. Conrart's a lucky man".

I laughed shyly, "you think so?".

"Absolutely", he took my hand and gently patted it tenderly in my own,"I pray he is still alive for your sake, milady".

I smiled happily, "thank you, Yozak".

*****

It wasn't long after, we sailed to Big Shimaron for the Ultimate Tornament in hopes of retrieving the second box and bringing greatness in honor of Caloria. While on the journey, Yuri and Wolfram trained swordsmanship and had something to eat to keep us going then we sat and listened to Yozak's story and how he met Conrart as the weather changed from sunshine to snow.
While he told the story he looked to me a few times, probably checking to see if I wasn't too affected by his tale.
It was such a sad story but I think his sweet mother would have been happy at how he turned out and that he survived that horrible fate that fell upon them.
I flashed him a smile every time he did until suddenly our new found animal friend, Tezo, started charging at Yuri in a fright.

"What's the matter, Tezo?" Yuri asked confused as he held the trembling sheep.

"Oh my, poor Tezo, he's shaking like a leaf" I remarked with concern.

Murata came running over from the other end of the ship waving a bean paste bun in the air, "Hey Tezo, don't run away".

It turns out Tezo was scared of the monju and Yuri ended up eating it and I smacked Murata around the back of the head.

"Murata, you idiot. You're the reincarnation of the Great Wise Man of this world, how could you not know this?".

"Oh come on, how could I have possibly have known that, he's a sheep from a different country?" Murata replied.

"I don't care, don't scare the sheep!" .

Tezo was grateful and nuzzled our faces happily in thanks.

"Aw, don't worry Tezo. That Murata won't hurt you anymore, we'll protect you haha" I cooed sweetly as I stroke his wool.

"Ugh, Rina. Should you be hitting the second most famous person of Demon Kingdom history?" Yuri asked worriedly.

"I don't care if it was the Great One himself, Murata irritates me and it was him who got your head dumped in the toilet back home, don't you remember?".

"Yeah, I remember".

Before anyone could say anything Dicoscose called out that we'd made it to Big Shimaron shores.
When we got there, we found out Lady Flynn had stowed away in the fake box we were going to switch with the real one and that it turns out we had to participate in a race to be allowed to be a part of the tournament, it was clear that they wanted the participates to be tired before beginning the games.

Yuri and Yozak decided to do the race, I hugged Yuri tightly, "please be careful Yuri".

"I will".

I pulled away and looked him dead in the eye, "and remember what mum said about animals".

Yuri looked at me confused, "is that a hunch?".

"You bet it is, don't worry if you don't understand now, just be careful and good luck", I smiled.

Yuri nodded, when Yozak and Yuri got in the sleigh I ruffled Yozak's hair, I looked at him with a menacing smile.

"If you come back without my little brother and if he is harmed, you'll have to pay dearly", a menacing aura grew more that everyone in the group started to tremble, "understand?".

"The thought never crossed my mind, Milady" Yozak replied causally.

I patted his head with a happy smile, "glad we're on the same page".

Not long after, the race had started, meanwhile we were carrying the fake box to the stadium.

"Murata, your plan had a hole in it" I groaned as we carried the heavy wooden box.

"I didn't realise, I'm sorry Rina".

"Just shut up and move!".

****

I sighed as I walked with Dicoscose and Lady Flynn with the box of beverages. I was relieved after hearing Yuri won the race unharmed now all we had to do was look for the real four corners of the wind box and high tail it out of here.
Suddenly Maxine a.k.a Mullethead had caught Lady Flynn with his deadly string.
If anyone moved Lady Flynn would pay for it, my hand aching to cut down Maxine but I didn't want to hurt Lady Flynn. Not to mention, I was feeling sick which meant there were esoteric stones at play.

"You bastard!" I growled angrily.

"Flattery will get you no where" he smirked.

Maxine got me to tie Dicoscose up he was worried and so was I but I still had hope that we would find a way to fight this.

"And make sure to tie the ropes properly, wench!".

I ignored his vile insult and continued tying up Dicoscose, "Dicoscose, it's going to be alright. Please don't hold this against me".

"I won't, Lady Rina", I nodded sternly before putting the rag over his mouth.

After I stood up Maxine suddenly wrapped me up in his string, it hurt so much Lady Flynn wasn't being dramatic when it looked like it hurt.
It was then Maxine stood with both of us in his trap, basically a ransom for Yuri and the others to forfeit. Yozak was fighting Adelbert at the time, watching Adelbert fight shouldn't have been different from other times I've seen him draw his sword at Yuri but after knowing now that he's my father, I watched with a heavy heart.
In the end, Yozak forfeit which annoyed me so much.

"You'll never get away with this!", I said with scorned,  "We've beaten you time and time again, what makes this any different?".

"The difference is that I will win now that I have you both hostage" he scowled as he tightened the strong causing both Lady Flynn and I to seeth in agony.

Suddenly, the string snapped letting us loose and causing Lady Flynn to collapse to the floor. A mysterious woman in a revealing, red outfit had helped us free. After looking at her better and after she whipped him until he lost consciousness, I realised it was Celi and her current lover had come to save us.

I hugged her tightly, "Oh my God, I never thought I'd be so happy to see you Celi!".

"Oh Rina, what are you doing here?" She asked as she hugged me back.

"We haven't much time, Yuri is in danger".

We ended up waving down at Yuri and the others to let them know we weren't hostage anymore, but after Yozak losing the only one left to fight was Yuri and that worried me more than anything.
Dicoscose and Celi's new lover went to go find the box while Celi, Lady Flynn and I watched the Tornnament.
Celi was confiding in Lady Flynn and telling her, her brief encounter with ruling over her people.
After Celi gave Flynn her advice, I pulled Celi closer to me, comfortingly, even after she starting going back to her happy, frivolous self.
Suddenly, I felt something odd... a familiar presence. I turned to the tornnament and leaned forward on the railing.
I gasped as I saw someone walk out on to the field, my whole body trembled when I saw him wearing Big Shimaron colours.

"Conrart...".

I couldn't pull my eyes away from him, my heart beating loudly in my ears as the sound of the crowd cheering drown out with every beat.

You lied to me, you both lied to me... you knew he was alive...!

It was for you own good... I'm sorry Rina...

You liars...

Yuri and Conrart began to spar a little, Conrart looked like he was persuading Yuri to back down but we all knew Yuri wouldn't do it. It wasn't long before Adelbert had joined the ring and began to fight Conrart, my heart ached and I could hear Julia crying as the two men were fighting.
Her sadness was becoming my sadness as tears threatened to leave my eyes. When Adelbert almost swung his sword at Yuri my heart dropped and I felt like I might die.

"Do you want to kill Julia!?".

I gasped as Conrart cried out to Adelbert, finally revealing the secret of Yuri's importance, I covered my ears as I screamed, "don't say it!".

"Yuri's soul is Julia's!".

Adelbert stopped dead in his tracks and I covered my mouth in shock as tears ran down my face, my other hand clutching on to my chest, "he... he said it, the final secret is out... oh my God...".

"Rina...", I felt Celi's arms wrapped around me comfortingly, "I'm so sorry".

I clung to Celi as my legs felt like they might cave at any moment, not to mention I felt even more sick to my stomach. As a ringing rang through my ears, it didn't even matter to me that the king declared that Big Shimaron was the victor of the match 'by default'.
I was only looking at Adelbert and Conrart, my heart ached and my soul burned like an icy frost, I needed to let Conrart know I was there, "Conrart!".

He looked up at me and he might have took a step back from seeing me, "Rina...".

Even from this distance I could tell he was pained and I knew he didn't want to do what he was doing but I still couldn't understand it.
Then suddenly Yuri was using his powers again.
He was so angry and hurt and I don't blame him, I was feeling hurt too.
Conrart somehow managed to stop Yuri then in all the confusion, everyone made their escape, with the box in tow.
But none felt victorious, we all felt like we left a part of ourselves behind...

We travelled in silence in a rocky terrain, my heart ached but Yuri was so full of questions which I don't blame him. I rested my hand on his shoulder comfortingly, "Yuri, I-".

But before I could say anything we could hear soliders up ahead, our first instinct was to hide behind two boulders either side of the trail.
We were going to turn back when we heard soldier's charging from behind.
We were trapped. The only thing Yozak and I could think of was fight our way through and let the others make a run for it.
But suddenly Adelbert came charging on his horse and stood in front of us.

"You all go on ahead, I'll hold them off" he exclaimed gruffly.

"But Adelbert-", I tried to plead with him.

"I won't tell you again!".

Adelbert...

He began to charge ahead and in all the commotion, he was never seen again as we made a run for it.
We continued to travel until we were in a foggy wood, my heart seem to grow heavier and heavier I didn't know what to say or how much longer I could take this heartbreak.

Suddenly someone rested their hand on my arm causing me to flinch, I looked back to find Yuri looking up at me.

"I'm sorry you weren't able to talk with him... Adelbert" I apologies, sincerely.

"Why would I want to talk with him?" I replied, jokingly, "I just wanted to thank him for helping us.

"Whether you like it or not, he's still your real father, Rina", he looked so serious.

I looked down sadly but the others looked at me in shock besides Wolfram and Yuri. They almost cried out in the silence but they quickly kept themselves quiet.

"You're Adelbert's daughter?!" Yozak piped up.

I looked up at him seriously, "is it really that much of a surprise?".

Yozak bit his tongue as he observed me facial features, my look must have spooked him because he back up a bit, I began to relax as I heaved a sigh.

"If you look closely, I look like Julia, don't I?" I asked again as I pointed to my face.

Everyone looked at me then they all examined my face as we walked but it still surprised them. I bit my lip, "Honestly, you only just realised I am her daughter, I thought the eyes were a give away from the beginning".

"Adelbert, that sligh dog" Yozak remarked.

"Yozak, Julia is part of that equation if you want your manhood in tact, I suggest you refrain from remarks like that in future" I said lowly.

"So you're Miss Julia's daughter", Murata was up in my face as her examined every aspect of my face, "my goodness she must have been gorgeous if you got her looks" Murata complimented.

I punched him in the nose, sending him flying and and fell head first into the dirt, I kept walking in a quick stride.

"Rina..." Yuri said quietly.

I took a few more steps before stopping, looking down, "I'd prefer if you all kept this secret in our inner circle. Dicoscose and Lady Flynn, I trust you'll keep this secret too".

"Of course".

"You have my word, Miss Rina".

"Despite my heritage, I will always be a Shibuya, not a Von Grantz or a Von Wincott", I turned around with a sharp glare in my sky blue eyes, "I will not be treated differently just because of it".

The whole group flinch but nodded.

Everyone began to feel guilty and looked at me sadly. I sighed when suddenly I heard someone walking and pulled out my sword, spinning around, "Who's there?".

When I asked, Conrart appeared from the fog. I was so tempted to drop my sword as my body trembled and emotions began to bubble up inside me. He looked on with cold stare but I could tell his heart was breaking.

"Conrart...".

"Go another way, there's soliders up ahead".

I staggered towards him, lowering my sword, hurt reflecting in my eyes, "Conrart please, I know this isn't who you are. Being born in one place doesn't mean your heart is tied to it".

I put away my sword and looked up at him, "I more than anyone would know that, don't you remember?".

He tried not to show a reaction, his eyes wavering and the light had finally returned to them for just a moment, it was enough to give me hope. I examined his new uniform, it didn't suit him at all, he didn't look like himself.

"I don't have time for this, just leave" he mumbled and turned to leave.

"Wait!", I grabbed the fabric of his coat, "you didn't leave because you grew to hate us, did you?".

"You're making this harder than it just to be, just leave, the next time we all meet I will be your enemy!", he pulled away from me, the fabric slipping through my fingers, that slip of the tongue made me believe if no one else would; that he didn't want to do this.
He was gone. I fell to my knees and trembled with relief. The anxiety I felt in the colloseum vanished and all I felt was hope and relief.

The other's ran over to me, Yuri knelt down and tried to help me up, "Rina, are you alright?".

"I'm alright, it's just... I got a piece of me back just now".

******

In the end we made it back to Caloria, surprisingly with Adelbert... and Conrart's help. Even when I was so far away from the man I've come to love so dearly I still yearned to be by his side. We're about to leave for The Great Demon Kingdom under Yuri's protest, when suddenly...

It is time to leave... Rina...

I walked over to Yuri and gently rested my hand on his back,"Yuri... we have to go...".

"No, I don't want to go home yet, what about Conrart?" Yuri asked, persistently.

I clenched my chest still in pain, "Stop being so selfish and get moving, you idiot!", with a heavy heart, I pushed both Yuri and Murata into the sea and jumped in after them.

I woke up on the back porch of my house, lying on my back, crying to myself after the painful memories I just endured.

"Conrart...".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

448K 13.7K 35
After being asked to leave Shiratorizawa (cough, cough expelled) for various reasons, y/n set her heart on Karasuno. She wasn't what anyone was expec...
43.7K 477 20
You are the Brother of Keyblader Warrior Sora and like him, you joined with him and your Girlfriend Xion to repair the world's. But when they go thro...
216K 8K 38
You didn't want to live that sorcery life despite being the most powerful one-greater than Gojo. You preferred to live a normal life, so that's what...
hanté By eren

Fanfiction

20.8K 594 32
after a burglary, resulting in the death of her mother, ciel takes y/n, his cousin, in and makes her mey-rin's helper. when ciel holds a ball for eli...