My sunshine

By Writingkerations

Cas is a new worker at Fazbear pizzaplex as the new daycare assistant. Working at the daycare with a bunch of... More

First day

26 2 0
By Writingkerations

Staring up at the pizza plex, Cas fiddles with the ends of his sleeves, desperately trying to calm his breath. First day jitters are the worse. I mean....how hard could the job be? His only position is for the daycare. He's dealt with kids before so it can't be that tough. Plus you heard there's already an animatronic guardian as well so there was help.

Taking a calming breath he steps in, looking around nervously. The screams of children was everywhere and the smell of pizza instantly hit you. It looked like a kids wonderland in here! The animatronics had their own faces painted everywhere on the walls, even huge golden statues that seemed to glow in the neonlights. Cas had to turn his head up to even get a good look at them!

Now which way was the...

"Pease take a map!"

Jumping out of his skin Cas jolts his attention to the bot directly in his face, eyes wide and heart jumping in his throat. Jesus Christ, where did he even come from??

Calming his frantic heart, letting out a puff of air, he reaches out a shaky hand. "Uh...thanks." Cas replied with a tiny smile.

Without a word the bot rolled away to another guest quickly, bringing an actual scream from them as he tried to hand the lady a map as well. So....he just goes around doing that to everyone huh?

Shaking his head with small amused laugh Cas turned his eyes down to the map he was handed. Good timing honestly. This place looked huge and being bad at directions, he really needs any help he can get.

After turning several corners and going down a long hallway, finally seeing signs pointing to where he was supposed to be going. Finally progress!

Following the trail of posters he passed to look at one. Sunnydrop, energizing candy? What did that even mean?

Arching his brow he took a closer look at the bright smiling face on the poster. Was this the animatronic that ran the day care? Looking down the wall further his eyes  landed on another poster, this time with a moon animatronic. There's two? He could have sworn there was only one. Odd...

Shrugging Cas continued his treck down the hall, coming to another opening, the first thing coming to his attention was another giant golden statue, this time of the sun animatronic. Walking closer he noticed that the moon animatronic was right behind the other, confirming that there were indeed two.

Huh....wonder why they hadn't mentioned the moon guy in his interview.

Pushing the thought away for later he took one more glance at the statues before heading further in, looking around for the entrance to the main play area of the day care. He took note of the slide with the words, "slide into fun" , painted across the top. Surely that wasn't the only entrance...

Furrowing his brow he took another look at the map trying to decipher it and find another way inside. Confusing himself further he sighed and looked to the entrance in disdain.

Well there was no other way he could find and it was before opening, so no one would see him right? Right.

Nodding at his own logic, Cas carefully climbed into the opening to the tunnel. Felt like it's been ages since he went down a slide. Slowly he wiggles forward until he felt gravity pull him down, colors whiping past his vision. Feeling the funny feeling you get in your stomach from the drop a giggle escapes Cas's lips, eyes closing in delight at the foreign yet familiar sensation, forgetting about his worry just a few moments ago about the slide.

Getting to the bottom, he splashes into the ball pit. Looking around, Cas takes in the rest of the day care. Noting how the walls resembles a castle around the pit. A bit of grime and was that...gum on the wall?

Eck. Forgot how gross children areas could be.

Standing up quickly, Cas takes in more of his surroundings, carefully stepping through the sea of colorful spheres.

If he remembers correctly there was supposed to be another worker meeting up with him to give him a rundown of his duties before 7am hit. That's when the children would be filing in. Looking down his eyes read his watch, 6:39. Not much time left.

Scanning the area over again a flash of yellow caught Cas' eye, bringing his attention to the huge castle that seemed to be floating in the sky, clouds surrounding it in the circle. Perched on the ledge of said castle he noticed the surfaced animatronic from the posters, just staring, unmoving.

Weird...why was he just...staring? Was he active? Maybe he was on shut down before 7am hit? But the robot definitely seemed to have his eyes trained on him, white blank orbs unmoving.

"U-uh...hello? Sundrop right?" Cas stuttered out meekly, rubbing the back of his neck, a nervous habit he picked up from his mom.

Jolting at the the yellow bot swayed his head back and forth slowly.

"Um..." Cas frowned softly, at a loss of what to do. Was Sundrop just ignoring him or maybe he couldn't speak?

"Hey" An unfamiliar voice spoke out from the side, making him almost have a heartattack for the second time today.

Eyes whipping over he spots a man just a few feet away, looking to be in his late 30s, dark brown hair pulled into a ponytail, eyes tired, and his face looking scraggly.

"You the new kid they hired for the daycare position?" He questioned tiredly, crossing his arms and eyeing him up.

"Oh y-yes sir! My names Cas!" He hurriedly explains, rummaging in his pockets quickly to pull out his ID badge.

Taking it from them the man eyes it over a measly second before tossing it back, Cas' hands fumbling with it before eventually catcheing it.

Okay note to self, this guy seems like a jerk.

"So basically all you do is watch the kids and pick up after them." Then he points his thumb up at the sun animatronic still watching over the conversation from his perch. "That thing usually takes care of most of the work so your job shouldn't be to difficult."

Cas furrows his brows at that. This man sure didn't seem to fond of Sundrop. His gaze drifts back up to said robo and noticed his smile shrunk into a small frown and eyes downcast, not taking note of the conversation between the two.

"Right...I'll make sure to do my best!" Cas says, turning back to the other worker with a smile.

Just giving him a nod the man turned and walked to doors adjacent to them, Cas taking note of the exit for next time. No more slimey ball pits thanks.

Once out of the room Cas turns back to look at sun, which to his surprise has disappeared. Odd, he hadn't heard a sound or anything. Pursing his lips he went to look around the play area, taking a moment to check his clock, 6:52. Shouldn't be long now.

The area had play areas everywhere and toys in designated bins, filled to the brim with Fazbear brand toys. Hey, why spend money on other kinds when you have your own merch?

Inside the bin he could see a yellow toy near the bottom. Curious, he fumbles inside and eventually is able to pull out a plush, a sundrop plush. They made plushies for every animatronic? Which raises the question, where did that guy go? It was now only 5 minutes before the kids filled the room and they haven't even said a word to each other. If they're gonna be working together shouldn't there at least be an introduction?

Giving the area another once over Cas scans for the boy. He couldn't have gotten to far, especially with the day about to start.

Hearing a shuffle from behind Cas traces the sound to find Sun eyeing you curiously about a yard away, hiding behind one of the play areas. Speak of the devil, but why is he sneaking around like that.

Pausing, Cas contemplates a way to go about this again properly. "Sundrop?" He says meekly, seeing the other flinch. Odd.

"I uh... was actually just wondering where you had run off to. I'm your new coworker starting today! The names Cas." He says gently, giving the best smile he could muster.

Still sundrop didn't say a weird, making this interaction even more awkward. All the other animatronics talk, so surely he can. Why is he hesitating so much?

Sun drops his white gaze down to h
Cas' hand, making him follow suit, relaxing the plush was still being held.

A moment pasts and then...

"Out of all the plushes you choose mine?"

Blinking, Cas brings the plush look a like to his face, giving it a once over. "Gotta admit it's pretty cute. They even added your little collar and bells." As if to bring emphasis Cas shows it to Sun, stepping closer, hoping to close the distance a bit.

Seems as if Sundrop hesitates for a moment longer before he to takes a step forward, filling Cas with a bit of hope that the other won't run away again.

"I-I liked that detail as well! On the original plush the bells were actually real! They jingled and jangled so beautifully! Sadly the kids would bite them off and try to swallow them and you know, choking hazard!" Sundrop chimed in happily, tone suddenly bright with a wide smile adorning his face. The sight making a small smile curl on Cas' lips.

Suddenly though Sun's smile faltered, seemingly suddenly hesitant. "U-um sorry...I've been told from others that I can be a bit....much." He explains, eyes downcast, picking at the bells around one of his hands nervously, as if he had done something wrong.

"There's nothing to apologize for Sun. I liked hearing about your plush!" He assured, taking another step forward in hopes of closing the distance some more, only a few feet away now. At this distance their height difference was awestrucking. Damn he's tall....

Peeking up the animatronic smiles lightly, taking two steps forward and crouches down so their eye level. Holding out his hand, pinky up he asks meekly, "Pinky promise?"

Chuckling, Cas' smile grows wide and holds out his own hand, intertwining their pinkies. "Pinky promise."

They stay like that, smiling at each other before the moment was interrupted by the sounds of squealing children outside the doors nearby. 7am already?

A little disheartened by the interruption Cas pulls back his hand, Sun doing the same.

"Well time to go to work big guy. Ready to show me the ropes?" He asks cheerfully, making sun somehow smile brighter.

"Of course Mr. Cas!"

"Oh Just Cas is fine Sun."

"Alrighty Just Cas! Let's go welcome our new friends!" Sundrop exclaimed, nerves from before practically vanishing.

Chuckling Cas follows behind, though his thoughts started to wonder. Sundrop seemed so withdrawn and almost concerned upon their first meeting. What would make the happy go lucky animatronic act like that?

The face of the other coworker popped into his mind, making Cas pause, his steps slowing.

Could it have been him?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 13.6K 52
NOT EDITED YET Gracie Owen's a headstrong journalist major rooms with her childhood best friend JJ Anderson for junior year, little does she know she...
3M 247K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
180K 13.3K 19
"YOU ARE MINE TO KEEP OR TO KILL" ~~~ Kiaan and Izna are like completely two different poles. They both belong to two different RIVAL FAMILIES. It's...
1.1M 26.8K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...