Escapade

By vrin_rin

Two rivals, two purposes, one deal and one big turn of event. When two rivals set aside their differences to... More

1 - Complicated Situations
2 - The Longstanding Rivalry
3 - The Hangover Talk
4 - Game On
5 - String of Incidents and Impending Wedding Event
6 - The Wedding : First Family Meeting
7 - The Wedding : Advice From The Ocean
8 - The Wedding : The Past and The Present
10 - The Wedding : Sunrise On The D-Day
11 - Wedding Day : When The Sun and The Ocean Met
12 - Operation Mending Heart
13 - The Ripples Begin
14 - (dis)trust
15 - Escapade
16 - Abducted
17 - Epiphany
18 - My Past, Present and Future
19 - Special Chapter : Escapade to Forever

9 - The Wedding : The Forthcoming Showdown

986 82 20
By vrin_rin

War didn't know himself that he could be this vulnerable. After meeting his first love who broke his heart years ago, then proceeded to be cursed and shaken by his ex fiance, War felt like all his buttons were being pushed and he was too overwhelmed to respond to any of it. In the end, he let himself be carried back to the room and just this time War let Yin take care of him.

They're friends now, that's what friends do, right? Taking care of each other.

War fell asleep right away when Yin put him down on the bed and while waiting for the later to wake up, he carefully changed him out of his jeans and button up shirt to a more comfortable shirt and shorts. Yin was worried, of course he was, that was the first time he'd ever seen War lost control and overwhelmed. Seeing War's restless face, Yin who wanted to investigate the incident right away decided to postpone, changed into a casual wardrobe himself and stayed. He spent some hours watching over War while getting some little works done before War eventually woke up. Yin asked if he wanted to eat something but War just sluggishly shook his head no and then went back to sleep. Yin tucked War in and adjusted the air conditioner then his eyes landed on War's restless face.

After the accident, Yin got so many questions running through his mind. What prompted it to happen? Why's the lady got so mad at War? Who is the doctor that helped War and what exactly is his relationship with him? Yin's conflicted mind started spinning. He should, no, he wanted to know the detail but he knew War wouldn't like him getting involved in this. Yin sighed, his hands reached up to swiped War's bangs out of his face. His fingers carefully massaged the frowned eyebrow until War's face got visibly more relaxed. Yin took his time to observed War's face and decided to take things in his own hands. He grabbed his phone and texted the right person to do a background check on the doctor.

"You're gonna get pissed if you know I'm being nosy", Yin chuckled bitterly then stood up, "Please forgive me, I just wanna protect you better", he said, his fingers softly caressing War's cheek.

With one last look on War, Yin stood up and walked to the door. He got down to the dining hall after he left a note on the bedside table, in case War woke up before he's back. He got a feeling that War would be too tired to get down for dinner and he hadn't eaten lunch either so Yin was planning to bring some food. He was just gonna do that and maybe have a small talk with Ratsameerat if he bumped into them, that was his plan. What wasn't his plan though, ended up bumping into the doctor when he rode the elevator down.

"Evening doc", Yin greeted him out of courtesy and he really wanted to punch faith sometimes because what was the odd that he ended up being in the elevator alone with the person who caused the whole incident to happen?

"Good evening, uhm...", the doctor hesitated.

"Oh, sorry. I haven't introduced myself", Yin extended his hand, which the doctor took, "I'm Anan Wong. Thank you for your help earlier"

"No problem, I'm Ritz, well, Rueangritz Siriphanit", the doctor, Ritz apparently, shook Yin's hand.

"Nice to meet you doctor Rueangritz"

"Oh no, Ritz is fine"

"Of course, doctor Ritz", Yin putting on his professional smile.

"How's War by the way?"

There it is, the question that Yin knew he would ask. He kinda expected and waited for it.

"He's been sleeping since afternoon, he's so tired", Yin carefully said.

"Of course he is", Ritz said then paused a little, "This is the first time he experienced shock. I can bring him some supplement later, has he eaten yet?"

"No, that's why I'm going down to bring him some food", Yin said.

Just then the elevator door opened. Coincidentally, Ritz also exited on the same floor.

"I can help you bringing some food to him, Khun Anan", Ritz said.

"Ah, don't worry about it doc, I can do it. I don't want to disturb your dinner time"

"I insisted", Ritz said, then walked ahead of Yin to grab two plates and began filling it with food.

Yin carefully slide next to him and followed him around while thinking up some questions he could ask naturally to gain some information without sounding suspicious.

"You know War pretty well doc, are you perhaps an old friend?"

"Yeah....you can say that", Ritz answered shortly.

Yin didn't miss the pause in his sentence.

"I was so surprised and worried, it's the first time I've seen him in this state", Yin said.

"Well, it's natural that you're worried. You're his boyfriend, right?", Ritz said, Yin didn't miss a little disappointment in his tone.

"I understand how you feel. He used to make me worried all the times. Skipping meals and sacrificing sleep to get his assignments and projects done in time. It's getting worse when it was competition time. So, I needed to keep an eye on him, made sure he eats and gets some sleep before he collapsed", Ritz chuckled.

Yin frowned a little hearing that, this doctor was talking like he'd dated War before. Wait, was that the case? He eyed the doctor who's now asking the staff to put the food in containers so Yin could bring the food easier. He wondered if he could ask about their relationship straight away.

"Hey doc, what's your rela-"

"Here's your food sir", the staff interrupted Yin and before he knew it, Ritz already handed him the food then his phone rang before he could repeat his question.

The caller ID made Yin pick his phone immediately though.

"Hey baby, you're up?"

[.......you're with someone aren't you?]  War said over the phone, already picking up the act from the term of endearment.

"Yeah kinda", he glanced at Ritz and offered a polite smile, "How are you feeling?", Yin very carefully didn't mention about doctor Ritz, to avoid any strong reaction from War.

[Tired and Hungry. Please, bring me some food, I don't feel like going down]

"I am in the lounge to get you some food"

[Great, you're promoted from just friend to close friend for this Anan, congratulations, now hurry back]

"Yeah yeah, in a minute baby, I'm coming back right away", Yin chuckled.

*click*

Yin frowned, War still sounded weak over the phone even though he was as snappy as usual. He looked up to ask Ritz before he went back but the doctor already moved away and currently sitting with another people. Yin sighed, guess the investigation needed to wait as he didn't want to bother Ritz. When he made it back to their room, War was speaking to his mom over the phone.

"Yes mae, I'm fine, oh, Yin's back", War said, while looking at Yin, "Yeah, he brought me dinner so I'm gonna eat....yes mae, I'll see you guys tomorrow, bye mae"

"Khun mae?", Yin asked, putting the food on the round table and beckoning War to come.

"Yeah, just checking up on me", War said, walking towards the table.

"How are you?", Yin asked again, handing War the cutlery.

"Drowsy and hungry, but I'm fine"

Yin nodded then let War eat his dinner. He was curious of course and the nagging in the back of his mind, urging him to ask War about the matter, never stopped. He wanted to ask but he felt like War wouldn't want to talk about it.

"Ask away, I don't mind", War suddenly said, breaking the comfortable silence between them.

Yin looked up and observed his partner's face. War looked unbothered yet Yin had a feeling that he wouldn't outright tell Yin everything.

"Well...if you don't mind", Yin put down his spoon to focus on War, "I wanna know what actually happened and....."

"And?", War also looked up.

"And what happened between you and the doctor"

War went back eating while answering Yin's question. From what happened, things about Mel and why she confronted War to of course, Ritz.

"We dated.....well, he's my first boyfriend. Of course none of my family know about this since it happened before I came out to them", War said, effectively answering Yin's next question about whether or not War's family knew about it.

"Why did you two break up?", Yin asked again, but this time War seemed taking more time to answer.

"Well, classic excuse, we realized we're not for each other", War shrugged.

Lies. That's not what happened and Yin knew, but he held his tongue. That wasn't the time to ask deeper and he didn't want War to shut him out before he even got to the tip of it. For now, he wanted War to regain his energy back and then, only then, he'd try to pry deeper.

-................-

"My son, how are you my boy"

War immediately being engulfed in his mother's hug when he stepped into the dining lounge the next morning. She must've been worried, hearing what happened and then not being able to see her son right away so War let her pampered him. She was asking how he's feeling, what he wants to eat, nada nada before she turned to Yin.

"Thank you for taking care of him, Yin", she said after she finally let War eat his breakfast.

"It's nothing mae, anything for the one you love", Yin softly said.

War sure could mask his surprised expression well because it was the first time he heard Yin ever uttered the word 'love'. He was 100% sure it was for their deal and reminding himself that, Yin and him are supposed to be 'dating'. However, the dull throbbing in his chest told him that it might be something more genuine. He shook off the thought and acted as if he never heard Yin in the first time because he had a bigger problem to worry about.

"I've kicked that stuck up woman, she'd no longer can bother you", Ming said after breakfast, on the way to the beach for another event.

War nodded and thanked her because it definitely helped but he still had to deal with Ritz. He got visibly more restless as the cart that they were riding to the beach almost reach the destination. Suddenly, he felt a bigger hand took his and squeezed it. He looked down to see Yin already intertwined their hands together and glanced up to see him not even looking at War.

Normally, War would shake them off but for some odd reason he didn't want to. Instead, he looked away with little smile on his face, letting their intertwined hands stay intertwined. In fact, he felt grateful because that bigger hand eased his worries as they arrived at the beach. War didn't let go even when they got down from the cart, nor when they walked to the spot where the rest of the guest were. War definitely didn't let go when he saw Ritz again.

Ming had set up some sort of small beach volleyball tournaments among the families that afternoon. War internally thanked Ming when she made sure Ritz and War wouldn't be in close contact. So, just this time, War wanted to relax and enjoy the game as he also loves playing sport. The games were fun and he had a great time teasing Yin after he found out the fact that the taller man resembles baby deer when it comes to sports.

"You sucks at this", War said in between his laughter, seeing Yin face planted to the sand again.

"Shut up", Yin said but his face clearly showed no sign of anger.

In fact, Yin felt more relieved to see War had come back to being his old energetic self. If he had to sacrifice his face to get this full body laughter out of War then so be it, it was worth it.

"How are you so bad at sport", War said, still laughing but with his hand extended for Yin to take.

"Well", Yin got up with War pulling him up, "It's only fair that way, I'm already intelligent, successful CEO and extremely handsome. I need one or two weaknesses to balance it out", Yin shrugged while dusting the sand off his face.

War halted, "You.... Where did you even get that much confidence?"

"Am I wrong?"

War just shook his head and chuckling, "You're not so bad, I guess"

The rest of the event went by and Yin was glad nothing major happened and they all had fun until it was too hot for everyone to be out in the sun. A little past 3 pm, Prat and Win arrived, with the bridesmaid, the groomsmen and close friends. Tonight, was the bachelor night and Ming of course had set up a bachelor party. Since both Ming and her fiance aren't the type to do wild party, they set up a bonfire in the secluded area on the beach. There's live acoustic band playing and people could mingle while catching up.

"RITZ RUEANGRITZ IS HERE?!", Win almost tipped his beer over.

"Don't shout, geez", War slapped Win's arm.

"Sorry, but, how?"

"Old man's business partner's son", War answered shortly.

"Man, that sucks. I'm glad she got kicked out", Prat said.

The trio caught up and were sitting near the bonfire while Yin unexpectedly got caught up with a business partner who happened to be one of the guest. War knew this was gonna happen when he told them about the incident.

"You're okay? When I met Nino earlier, he said you got in a shock", Prat said, naturally being concerned as War's personal assistant and his best friend.

"Yeah, well, I was overwhelmed that's all"

"Hey, can I sit here?"

A voice suddenly interrupted their conversation and of course, he's the one War had been trying to avoid.

"Oh! P'Ritz, swadeekhab", Win greeted him while glancing at War.

While War hadn't said yes to Ritz', the man still sat beside him anyway.

"How are you guys? We haven't met for years", Ritz asked Prat and Win who he personally knew from the time he was dating War.

"Well, yeah we're good, how are you phi? I guess you've been busy being a doctor", Prat said.

The conversation between them continued to be stiff and formal because Prat and Win both knew how uncomfortable War felt about this situation. They've been with War since college, of course they knew what happened and why they broke up. On the other hand, Ritz was a senior they respected and there was no reason for them to tell him to leave.

"How are you feeling?", Ritz finally turned to War who had been silently drinking his beer.

"Uh? Oh, I'm fine phi", War said.

"I was gonna help out because I felt responsible with the whole situation but," Ritz looked around, "Seemed like you're already in a good hands"

"Ah, yes, you don't have to feel that way phi. I'm fine" War said, but he wondered if Yin had talked to Ritz again, beside when the accident happened. (a/n Yes they already met, War. Your 'boyfriend' is doing a background check on your ex even)

"We met when he got you dinner yesterday. If you don't mind me asking, what does he do for a living?"

War didn't like the tone when Ritz asked that question. He knew he'd been trying to talk to him and from what War heard, he wanted him back. Is this his effort to win War back? If yes then War wasn't amused at all.

"Whoops, gotta go to the toilet, excuse me", Win suddenly stood up and laughed nervously.

He subtly nudged Prat telling him to hang on a little bit longer before walking away, Prat knew he had to take over their conversation elsewhere.

"Phi don't know? He's Yin Anan Wong", Prat said, taking over Ritz's attention.

"I haven't heard his name before? Is he some sort of celebrity?"

"Wuih, he might as well be, with that face. Have you ever heard Wong IT phi?", Prat said, glancing at War and saw his best friend looking confused.

"Ohh, the IT company that got revived recently? Well, yeah I've heard about it"

"Yin Anan Wong is it's current CEO phi, he's the one who revived and made it the top company that it is now. They called him the IT genius with Midas touch as every project that he works on always end up successful", Prat said, a little bit overboard.

"Oh! really? How did you guys meet?", Ritz turned to War.

"Ohoo phi, they've been enemies since the building competitions back in college, but they've become close since they kept meeting on the same projects. Right War?", Prat took over again and only asked War for approval so he wouldn't have to do any talking.

War caught up to his friends intention and gave a short 'yes' to answer him. If his hunch was right, Win was most probably not going to the toilet. He definitely on a mission to fetch someone and they'd probably be back in any minute now.

"I'm baack and I'm bringing your boyfriend", Win announced his arrival with Yin in tow, as War predicted.

War wanted to roll his eyes at his friends' way to aid him but he secretly felt grateful. He could use their fake-boyfriend deal to make Ritz give up.

"Perfect timing, we're just talking about you", Prat said.

"Oh really? Khun Ritz, swadeekhab", Yin said, while sitting next to War and immediately pulled him close by his waist, effectively giving more space between him and Ritz.

"Yeah, I was just asking what you do for a living", Ritz said, realizing what Yin just did, "They said you're a genius"

"I'm not that great", Yin said, being humble.

"I guess you're busy then and I know War isn't any different as an architect. How are you guys manage your time? I've seen people break up over it, their partner is too busy to give them attention, you know, that kind of problem exist"

The atmosphere around them shifted as they realized what Ritz was implying. War felt Yin squeezed his side a little tighter. His mind run a hundred miles an hour trying to figure out how to divert the situation from becoming a disaster. War knew Yin wouldn't be ticked off for this petty reason, Yin wasn't his real boyfriend after all, but War also knew that Yin hates to be underestimated. And Ritz just sort of challenged him by doing exactly that.

"About that", Yin moved the arm that was on War's waist to his shoulder, "We almost always ended up doing the same projects together anyway, but when we're not, we always spare some time to meet each other. We have weekly dinner date and all, right kitten?"

War would've elbowed Yin for the nickname if Ritz hadn't been in front of them, looking surprised. He desperately looking at his friends for help but the two of them also had no clue what to do.

"My boyfriend is gorgeous, people will naturally drawn into him. Including unwanted attention from people who thought they have a chance to snatch him from me, so I have to make sure. As long as he's with me, he's out of reach." Yin said, directly looking at Ritz eyes. Sending a very clear message of who he'll be dealing with.

"Yin....", War turned to him but Yin didn't even waver.

War was sure they would be getting into an argument a bit more if it weren't for his father coming and calling Ritz.

"Oh, here you are. Khun Ritz your father is looking for you", he said, "Oh everyone's here"

"Swadeekhab phor", Yin greeted him followed by Prat and Win.

"Swadee, ah Yin, son, go to the bungalow, mae is making everyone grilled rice cracker. You too War. Prat and Win can also come", He instructed.

War knew the way his father treating Yin like his own son would make the matter worse so without any further talk, War grabbed Yin and led him away before a fight broke out. With a hasty farewell the four of them stood up and strode toward the bungalow, leaving Ritz alone.

Frustrated, but even determined to take War back.

"I refuse to lose War, not to him, not to anyone. I hope you're ready for that because you'll come back to me. No matter what"

-.................-

I promise, I don't intend to write Ritz as a bad person. Just trust the plot.

Helloooo, I finally updated. It's been hard to focus and overcoming writers block so thank you for waiting.🥺💜

I was thinking to open up separate Twitter account to interact and post short prompts and aus, but idk.

are you active on Twitter? if yes, do you also read aus there?

Anyway, I'll try to update faster but no promises. Till the next update 🥺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

HOOKED By soda

Fanfiction

102K 3.7K 19
Mark's family has been receiving threats and there, his father asked for his friend's son to guard him but what will happen if that person is the one...
71.3K 3.3K 58
โ€ข๐—–๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑโ€ข |๐—ฌ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ช๐—ฎ๐—ฟ'๐˜€ ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐Ÿ“Under editing for grammatical error and better writing. No change for storyline will be made. ๐Ÿ“Pl...
5.6K 555 26
This is a boy's love story if you're not interested in that genre then you're welcome to skip. English is not my first language and this is my first...
3.7K 279 10
Normally, if a police officer meets a gang member, they will be wary and won't make them friends, let alone lovers. But, come to think of it, Yin is...