A Night To Remember : SunKi

By SayHiStories

"Let's not close the possibility of being together." He told me while staring straight into my eyes nothing b... More

Book Synopsis + Writer's Note
Chapter One: Announcement
Chapter Two: Honest Answer
Chapter Three: As Long As It's Me
Chapter Five: Gazes
Chapter Six : One-Sided Love
Chapter Seven: Running Away
Chapter Eight: Unnecessary
Chapter Nine: Version of Me
Chapter Ten: I'm Not Sorry
Chapter Eleven: Posibility
Chapter Twelve: False Hope
Chapter Thirteen: I'm Okay
Chapter Fourteen: He didn't
Chapter Fifteen: Story Of My First Love
Chapter Sixteen: Friendship
Chapter Seventeen: Pieces
Chapter Eighteen: Reasons
Chapter Nineteen: Regrets
The Final Chapter Twenty: A Night To Remember
Special Chapter One
Special Chapter Two
Special Chapter Three
Final Writer's Note

Chapter Four: Could I?

658 37 16
By SayHiStories

Chapter Four

Could I?

Jungwon has this smile on his face as he looks at me beyond delighted, "I knew it! Auntie is really the best!" He exclaimed happily as he danced with my prom waiver with my mom's signature.

I was supposed to pass it yesterday, but I forgot it, thankfully he reminded me today, so I was able to recall to submit it later.

I just rolled my eyes as I watched him with disbelief yet a tiny smile on my lips, Well seeing my best friend happy is my thing too, even there's time he annoys me the most.

"Don't involve mom next time!" I told him in a warning tone, but he just made a face at me, "Then you should listen to me before I do it!" Sassily, I just once again rolled my eyes at him

"Seonwoo-ah! Someone is looking for you!" My classmates at the door announced, making me look at her confusedly. I'm not expecting friends to visit me today.

He motions the side of the door, so I figured he didn't know who it was or the person's name. I just nodded.

"Do you know who might it be?" Jungwon asked me confusedly and curious, but I just shook my head, telling him no.

"Then it might be someone wants to ask you out for a real date or take you to the prom," he said and giggled teasing me as he pushes my shoulder slightly.

Really, this kid, I just glared at him fed up before I stood up to see who it was. When I exited the room's door, I saw a familiar girl smiling at me.

I recently met her, so it's impossible not to remember her. It's the girl on the bus yesterday morning. I returned her smile as I walked closer to her.

The more I looked at her, the more I realized how small she was. No wonder she couldn't reach the handlebar. She'll be struggling even to the normal ones.

Went I halt in front of her, "Uhm, Here." She started looking at me as she handed me the banana milk in her hands,

I looked at her confusedly. I saw how her cheeks turned rosy as she blushed from shyness. She also looks nervous. "For helping me yesterday," she added, with a slight smile as she motions it to me again.

I accepted it with a smile, "There's no need, But thank you." I told her as I received it didn't want to embarrass her.

She was in the same grade as me, something I only realized now. She continued to stare at me, so I waited for her, thinking she had something to say, but she was taking too long so, I figured I must be wrong.

"If there's nothing, I'll go now." I started after a long silence between us with a bit of confused smile didn't want to offend her,

She smiled and breathed deeply before saying, "I'm Ahn Hanbyeol." she introduced herself with nervous laughed, she extended her hand as she looked at me with a smile and quivering eyes,

I laughed a little finding her expression cute, Well she's charming and pretty. I glanced at her hand and held it for a handshake, "I'm Kim Seon-woo." I replied to her with a beam.

I let her let go first in our handshake. She laughed it off when she realized she was holding my hand for too long already, " Sorry." she apologized and tucked the strand of her hair behind her ears that lingered at the side of her face.

"It's okay," I added simply, laughing a little.

"I just wanted to thank you yesterday, The handlebar was too high, and I've been struggling for a while that day. You were first to offer help," she explained now more relaxed.

Now I couldn't help but feel guilty if she just knew what I was thinking that time she wouldn't be thanking me right now.

I suddenly remember that Riki helped her the most since he gave up his seat for her. I wonder if she thanked him too, but I didn't dare to ask.

The bell rang so she bid her farewell, "I'll go now then, thank you again, and I hope we can be friends." She added. I watched her ran before I could even reply, perhaps, having racing between her and her professor to whose going to arrive first in their classroom.

That thought made me laugh. I was about to go back inside the classroom when I caught an eye staring at me walking to the corridor, the one who owns it made me too conscious of my existence.

My smile fades and turns to nervousness I always feel when he's around, I couldn't stand his cold and blaring eyes that made my heart beat fast and loud, as if his presence is not enough. I diverted my attention somewhere, no matter how I wanted to look at him.

I arrived at my seat, figuring out why he was looking at me that way and why it seems our path crosses than it's usually does these past few days.

I glared at Jungwon when he snatched the banana milk from my hand, bringing me back to reality. I watched him violently stab it with the straw and sip at it with an innocent expression as he looked at me.

"What?" he asked confusedly, "You don't like banana milk," he added when he realized I feel like drinking one today,

He looks at the banana milk, then me, "Sorry, I'll buy you one later." He said with apologetic smiles. I just sighed and nodded as I couldn't do anything but agree about it.

I sat beside him silently when he softly nudged my shoulder while looking at the corridor, and said "Riki is passing by." he whispered to me with teasing smiles.

My eyes went to the tall man to have a glimpse of him walking in front of our classroom corridor. Surely not only mine but all of us,

"Wow, look at that physiques." One of my classmates murmured.

"He looks so cool and good."

"He deserved to be on TV. Why he isn't accepting any offers." another said, about to cry.

"His prom date would be the luckiest. I mean, dating him even just for a night is hitting more than a jackpot in a lottery. I heard my other classmates say.

I just smiled bitterly when I heard that. That's right, and I won't even stand a chance because I'm a man.

I diverted my eyes on the blackboard as I could feel Jungwon's eyes on me, He softly tapped me, but I just gave him a glance and weak smile to assure him I was okay.

The professor arrived, and nothing new happened. A usual discussion, quiz, and homework were given to us. Three subjects Had passed and now our break time.

Nothing was happening that much since everyone was busy reviewing as the end of the month was fast approaching. The one who will fail won't be able to join the prom, so that explains why.

Jungwon and I were walking to the corridor not to go to our cafeteria but to the faculty office where our homeroom teacher belongs. I will be submitting my waiver now and need to find her as we will not meet her today.

"I'm so excited. What do you think the theme would be?" he said as he step-skip, walking beside me on the corridor. His excitement was evident as he didn't bother to hide it, But I guess he wasn't aware.

"Just think first how are you going to pass the monthly evaluation," I told him bursting his bubbles.

He glanced at me but glaringly, then rolled his eyes. Sometimes I wonder why we are best friends. We mostly fight daily when we're together and have a conversation like this.

"Jay Hyung was helping, so it'll be all right! He's good at tutoring me," he said. I glanced at him with suspicion in my eyes, but he just returned it and laughed at me weirdly.

Right! he got himself a new tutor named Jay, They were family friends, and his mom asked Jay to be his tutor. That man immediately agreed, and that's how they became in a student-tutor relationship.

He was a second-year college student in the business department at our school, university. That man was quite popular, so it's not surprising to know him. Everyone in this university does.

"I thought you guys don't get along," I asked him.

"Well yeah, but I like it when I frustrate him." He said, then laughed shrugging his shoulder, "Just Kidding! he's good at explaining so,.." he added, then laughed more.

Our school is a university that also offers Junior to senior high school, aside from college courses. We have different buildings, but we could share facilities from each.

"Lucky you," I said, sounding clowning him a little. We reached the faculty, and I knocked three times before entering. I didn't also forget to greet the professors as I walked to my homeroom's professor, now signaling me to go closer, which I did.

"Good morning, miss. I'm here to submit the waiver." I told her as I handed it. She nodded and checked it.

"Finally!" she exclaimed as if she's waiting for it, "The girls in some of my class have been asking me if you and Jungwon are coming." she started as her eyes remained on the paper.

"I'm glad you guys are both joining. So these girls can have more inspiration to do well in their monthly evaluation," she added, laughing softly while looking at me. I chuckled at what she said, embarrassed a little. She dismissed me after that, so I see myself off after thanking her.

Jungwon clung his arm around my shoulder after passing the faculty's door and said. "I'm hungry. Sunghoon and Jay hyung are waiting for us in the cafeteria," he said that surprised me.

"Why are they together?" I asked him confusedly. As far as I know, we only both know Sunghoon hyung personally. He was our senior both here and in our club. He sometimes visited our room club so we naturally became friends.

"They're classmates, duh?" He said he seems like he knew about it and never told me, "Since when?" I asked him curiously as we continued to walk.

"I don't know too. I just found out a while ago when I called Sunghoon hyung," he replied, then laughed forcefully and awkwardly.

I stared at him blankly and rolled my eyes. I swear I'm about to use violence on him. We walked full of talks every step till we reached the cafeteria.

Sunghoon hyung waved at us when he saw us, so we saved trouble looking around for them, and I guess lining up too since there's already food waiting for us,

We approached them with a smile when we reached the table. "We bought you guys food since your break time is about to end. Lining up will take so much time so," Sunghoon Hyung said.

Hyung was right when he said that the cafeteria was full and packed with students and people not in uniform. If I'm not mistaken, it's an open house today because of some event from another department that also explains why there are people in civilian clothes around.

"Thanks, Hyung, how m-" Hyung didn't let me finish and said, "It's our treat." when he cut me, laughing softly.

"We'll treat you next time then," Jungwon said as we sat down.

We were silently eating when Jungwon broke the ice, and because of that, we learned that he and Jay Hyung were not block-mates but just in the same class in two subjects. They were in one group, so they became friends and decided to stick together for this break time. Hoon hyung also just learned a while ago when he called that he was Jungwon's new tutor.

"I heard your prom is coming?" Sunghoon Hyung asked. Starting a new topic while looking at us with a curious smile. Jay also did the same,

"Uhm.., but they did not say anything about it yet aside from that," I replied with a smile, nodding.

"Everyone's talking about it," he added. "You must be excited too." he said, "Do you guys have already a date?" he asked with a hint of teasing us.

"A lot were trying to woo us now," Jungwon said too honestly without trying to filter it. I nudge him a little, as It quite sounds boastful the way he said it. "What?" he said innocently with his tamed cat eyes.

Sunghoon hyung just laughed while the other older seemed not too pleased. Jungwon rolled his eyes at him, seems like not also please in his reaction, "I'm not even lying." he mumbles to himself, but I still heard it.

We continued eating when "Jay, Sunghoon Hyung, who guys did you date back then on your prom?" He asked this time that caught my attention too. They have been both attending here since junior high school.

Sunghoon hyung was still eating so, Jungwon told Jay to go first. The man was now answering some workbook after eating,

"Someone, I don't remember," He said simply without looking at us that made us both question his answer.

"What do you mean by that hyung," Jungwon whined at him. He sighed and added, "It's someone I didn't know. She was the first one to invite me so, I just said yes to have a reason to reject everyone." he explained plainly,

That was so him based on what I hear about him. He was sure cold like the news said. I wonder how my best friend could stand him when they're in their tutoring session.

"Why you didn't invite the girl you liked then?" Jungwon asked this time.

"I don't have it that time," he said simply as looks at Jungwon directly. Sunghoon hyung and I eyes met while suppressing smiles while listening to them.

"That time?" he repeated curiously, clearly intrigued as smiled visited his lips, "Then you have someone you like now?" He continued to question him.

"I do," he said as his eyes softened a bit, without breaking the eye contact with him, And think I knew who is that. "How unlucky whoever is that." he joked that made me nudge him.

I don't even know if he's too dense or what, but even Sunghoon hyung could see and tell who it was. We all both shook our heads in dismay to him,

"I think I'm the unlucky one. He's too stupid!" Jay hyung said as he returned to his workbook helplessly, making all of us chuckle aside from Jungwon. "Are you sure you like whoever is that? How could you call him stupid!" he told him with disbelief.

They started to bicker so, I asked Sunghoon hyung myself, "How about you, hyung? Who was your date?"

Hyung laughed softly before answering me. The other two also stop to listen. "She's someone I liked a lot. I suggest you bring someone you truly like to your prom night." He said seriously.

"Based on my experience, prom could turn out very differently depending on your date," he added, then laughed. "If I didn't gain enough courage to invite and bring my prom date that night, then she wouldn't be my real date every day and girlfriend now." he shared, blushing lightly.

I smiled because of that, we know he has a girl, but it's our first time to hear their love story,

"It could be the last time for everyone to have a chance and confess to the person they like. Who knows if you're going to see them again after graduation? they might change school as my girlfriend did," he added. "I mean, she wouldn't be mine now if I didn't try and, I might be still trying to get over her, you know." he continued.

"I'm just trying to say don't think and care too much about saving face in inviting your date. Invite them yourself if they wouldn't and take a chance." He said. "Just try and do something so you won't be leaving having these questions of 'what ifs' and such that you'll never find the answer in the future. Moreover, it was a question a present could only answer."

"If they say yes, then it's all is good and better. If not, at least you tried and gave yourself a chance before you possibly part ways. I mean, it's all about doing everything you can and trying and leaving without regret and unface feelings." he continued laughing softly.

"What if you're certain that one will reject you?" I asked before even I could think, I was shocked with my question as I could feel their eyes on me, but they just smiled.

"How do you know? You haven't tried yet." Sunghoon hyung said simply. "I thought she won't agree too but she's my girlfriend now." he added, "Don't you want to know and hear what's that someone real answer from their own lips?" he continued asking me back with a gentle beam.

I just stared at him, thinking the answer to his question, Don't I? I asked myself, Of course, I do... I want to know and hear it from him.

But the real question is, could I?

I hope I could,

I hope, like Sunghoon hyung, I could find the courage to confess and invite him to prom because indeed, it will going to take a lot of courage more than he needed that time as I like a man.

A fact itself that makes it harder than taking someone to a prom itself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.2K 2.2K 23
Sunoo watched as all his friends found the love of their lives. Sunoo thought he would never find someone because of his standards until he met a boy...
253K 14.5K 29
How did a hug start it all? All he wanted to do was to help the latter calm down. He doesn't know how he ended up in this cycle of fighting and forgi...
28.4K 1.2K 23
A story about a girl named Minyoung who suddenly get close with her long time crush who rejected her before.Lot of things happened but will both of t...
25K 803 15
"Sunoo..." Y/N mumbled Sunoo looked at the girl beside him, he saw her sleeping... he got confused but just continued to listen on what she's going t...