BEST THING

By teeetales

The best things come unexpected and sweep you off your feet More

00
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
bonus chapter

XXII

6.8K 395 157
By teeetales

Áine pulled up besides her mother's car and put her car in park. She grabbed her phone and hopped out the car. She grabbed the flowers and closed the door behind her

She walked in, immediately being bombarded by the lovely smell in the house. She traded her Jordans for some house slippers.

"Ouu mama, what smells amazing? Who you got coming over?". Áine asked her mom as soon as she walked into the kitchen.

The place had the aroma of the chicken and shrimp gumbo she was making. She opened the pot and inhaled the amazing gumbo. She tried stealing a piece but her hand was swat away.

"Oww". She hissed, looking at her mother.

"Get away from my pot Ney". Angel pointed at her, causing a frown to grace her face

"I just wanted a lil taste". She let her know but Angel waved her off.

"Not yet but whose are those for?" She curiously asked, eyeing the beautiful bouquet of flowers in her arms

"These are yours, Amaru got them for you. He enjoyed the food last night. He wants more too". Áine let her mother know.

"These are beautiful". She stated, inhaling the flowers and they smelled divine.

"Yeah he's trying to kiss your ass". Áine scoffed.

"Girl don't be jealous" Angel laughed. She grabbed a vase from her cabinet and filled it with water before cutting up the ends and putting them in the vase.

"I'm not". Áine playfully rolled her eyes. In fact she was happy, Amaru and her mom got along really well in just a span of three days.

"Now tell me, do you like him". Angel curiously averted her eyes on her daughter as she leaned forward against the kitchen island.

"Like who?". Áine questioned with her brows furrowed.

"Don't play dumb now". Angel flang the dish towel at her, causing her to laugh.

"If you talking about Amaru then no. He's just a friend. A good friend and I'm not ready to be dating anybody". She stated truthfully.

"Hmm, so you don't think he's handsome?".

"Oh my gosh, he's so fine mama. I like his smile. It's a really g-".

"Girl bye, if you think I'm supposed to believe that you like him as a friend ". Angel scoffed making Áine bust out laughing.

"Mommy Amaru and I are just friends ". She told her mother but Angel didn't believe her

"Okay if you say so". Angel smirked. She knew it was more than that.

Before Áine could say anything the door bell chimed. Angel walked out not waiting for any questions. Áine followed behind as Angel opened the door revealing the family of two that stood by her doorstep.

"Oh my goodness, you here!". Angel squealed pulling her best friend into a hug. She was happy to see her after a long while. Áine recognized her former friend and a smile graced her face.

"Hi babes". Faith hugged Angel. They pulled away from each other.

"I see you brought Ronan. Look at him all grown up and looking handsome". Angel stated, causing a shy smile to grace his face. She pulled him into a hug and he politely hugged her back.

"Look at your babygirl. She's beautiful, oh wow". Faith directed looking at Áine. She was dressed in a oatmeal knit dress that hugged her curveous figure and her short curls were slowly growing out giving a twa. She had no make up display her blemish free toffee skin.

"Thank you Aunty Fai". She smiled pulling back from the embrace.

"You not gonna say hi to your friend". Faith asked, looking between Ronan who was staring at Áine. He couldn't keep his eyes off her

"Hey". She shyly smiled as his eyes continued lingering on her face and body. He looked good. She knew he was good looking but he got finer over the years.

"Boy stop staring and greet her". His mother nudged him causing him to snap out of it.

"My bad", he cleared his throat, "how are you Nene ?" He asked a smile gracing his face. He slyly checked her out, seeing how she had gotten thicker.

"I'm okay Ronan, how about you?" She politely directed back.

"I'm good". He shyly spoke, peering through his eyes while looking at her.

"Come on in the food is ready ". Angel told them, welcoming them inside her home and stopping the staring Ronan was doing.

"Wow I really like how you did this place". Faith complimented, admiring the white walls which had artwork and different pictures of Áine as she grew up.

"Thank you ". She appreciatively smiled.

"So you ain't gonna say nothing?". Áine asked, Ronan as they followed behind their moms. Ronan was too stunned to speak. Stunned by Áine's beauty.

"I-I...". He stutter while looking at her causing her to laugh.

"Just breathe and talk to me". She instructed, softly placing her hand on his bicep. He felt a spark as she touched on him but decided to shake it off.

"What would you like to drink?". Áine asked, deciding to help her mom with the food. She wanted to make sure she had some leftovers for Amaru.

"Can I have a glass of water in the meantime?". Faith asked. Áine nodded her head and walked to the kitchen, grabbing the water jar from the refrigerator.

She walked back to the dinning table, placing the jar before taking a seat besides Ronan.

"I know yall hungry so I'ma say a quick prayer". Angel announced making them clasp hands, "Thank you heavenly father for the people seated here today. Thank you for bringing them safe and may the food I prepared be blessed and nourish their souls. Amen".

"Amen". Everyone said in unison. They started plating their food and then the conversation followed.

"So y'all moved back to here?". Aine questioned taking a bite of the food.

"Ronan did. He got a job as a junior surgeon". Faith announced.

"Oh that's nice. Where?". Angel asked with a grin on her face.

"St Joseph". Ronan responded himself.

"Oh that's where I work. You must be the new surgeon they was talking about at work. Everyone is going on about you and how they can't wait for you to get there". Angel told him with a smile on her face. She was one the senior surgeons at the hospital and had new surgeons coming in.

"I hope you take me under your wing ma'am ".

"I will gladly do so". The dinner went on and they all had a conversation but Ronan was too scared to speak to Áine so when the opportunity came to help with the dishes, he took it running.

He helped her carry everything to the kitchen and helped her clean up.

"Why you so quiet Ronan?". Áine questioned, scraping the little bit of food left off the plate.

"I'm just taking in how beautiful you are looking". He stated causing a blush to grace her face.

"Thanks". She smiled. She finally knew know to take a compliment without having to question herself or someone's else motives

"I'm just being honest".

"I know". Áine said chuckling.

"So are you married, got a boyfriend,". He slyly asked, handing her the plate as he placed them in the dishwasher.

"Not married and don't have a boyfriend ". She stated, looking at him.

"What? What happened to you and Kobi?" He shockingly asked. He was so sure Kobi and Áine were going to get married. You could never see the one without the other

"Kobi and I break up". She simply told him. And hoped he didn't ask how.

"Damn that's too bad for him. He lost a gem". Ronan stated causing her to stand up straight and look at him. She smiled and shook her head.

Ronan was light skinned with his curl hair on top of head and a fade on the side. He had a goatee that looked good on him. He was about six feet with a lean built. He was slowly building his muscles though.

He had a few tattoos here and then. He also wore earrings which brought out his features. He had bushy eyebrows, thick pink lips and a sharp nose

"I don't care about anymore. What we had is done and I'm moving on now". She shrugged and she meant every word. She wanted nothing to do with Kobi.

"You know you was gonna be mine back in the day...". He started causing her to look at him with curious eyes

"Then why didn't you say something?" She asked him, folding her arms on her chest.

"Cause you had Kobi and back then we were just friends since we were kids and I ain't start looking at you like that till senior year". He confessed

"And you saying this now cause what? You tryna see where it goes?". she asked with her face scrunched up. She really wasn't buying the whole confession and besides she wanted nothing to do with any relationship.

"I mean, yeah... that's only if you'd like to"

"Nah, nope not interested". She scoffed going back to washing her dishes .

"Come on, you know me and I know you. What's the worst that could happen?". He questioned.

"You ain't the same as you were in high school so I don't know you anymore"

"Come on Ney, it's me Ronan, your best friend. You know me". He pleaded, with a chuckle. He just wanted a chance with her. That's all. She stared at him and then reluctantly agreed

"If you so badly want this chance then you have it. But i ain't promising you no relationship though". She truthfully told him. She wanted to see where this thing goes though she knew it wasn't going no where.

They finished cleaning up and then exchanged numbers before Faith and him went home.

Áine was now upstairs changing into her pajamas and starting her skincare routine when her phone rang.

"Where you at?". Amaru asked as soon as the facetime call connected. They were on their regular facetime they did every night before they went to bed when they were not together.

"Boy you ain't even ask how I was. What if I was dead?". Áine scoffed causing him to smack his teeth. She switched off the light and walked to her bed.

"Well are you dead?". Amaru questioned back with his brow raised.

"I hate you!". Áine said, laughing. Amaru smirked as he looked at her. Her face was free of makeup as she was just done with her skin routine.

"You know you don't". He smugly stated.

"And you right, I don't ". She shook her head. This is the happiest she's ever been and she thanked the relationship she had with Amaru.

"How was your day?" Amaru asked briefly glancing at the screen before going back to handling his company's finances. Áine was amazed at how he always took time out his busy day just to talk to her.

"It was good. Mom made some gumbo". Áine told him as she slipped on her bonnet of the top of her head.

"Did y'all leave some for me?". He questioned, stopping his work and propping the phone directly in his face.

"Boy if you don't back up...", Áine smacked her lips with a giggle .

"You know I don't play when it comes to food". He mentioned.

"I know fat ass". She playfully rolled her eyes as her titty accidentally got put on displayed when she fixed her phone

"Well damn show the whole world your goodies then"

"Don't act like you didn't enjoy the lil show". Áine scoffed.

"Yeah for myself not for the whole world to see". He licked his lips staring at her.

"Amaru bye, ain't nobody but you in that room". She smacked her lips then a smile graced her face. Amaru smirked while they stared at each other.

They enjoyed each other's company. Áine enjoyed the playfulness between them two and Amaru enjoyed the talks they had which were about anything.

"What you doing up anyways,". Áine decided to ask still staring at him.

"I'm just looking through the company finances". He informed her. He had went back to his work but he was just about done.

"And I'm done". He announced, now powering off the MacBook.

"Are we still going out tomorrow?" Áine asked, hoping he wouldn't change his mind.

"Of cause. Tuesday is now our tradition for our date night". He mentioned causing a smile to grace Áine's face.

"Ouu can I plan this one?". She asked him. His brows raised in questioned.

"As long as you gonna bring me some gumbo, then you can".

"Then it's a deal". She nodded her head. She could do that.

"Aight, I know you tired so goodnight babygirl ". He said making her grin real big.

"Okay, drive safe and goodnight Papa". She teased earning a roll of eyes from him

"What i say about you calling me that?" Áine giggled cause she loved seeing him worked out over nothing.

"Don't front you know you love that name".

"I don't!". He mugged her but Áine was not phased at all.

"And do!". She laughed and quickly hung up before he could respond.

keep playing that shit and you gon get fucked up

Goodnight papa 😘

Áine sent while laughing and placed her phone on her nightstand, pulling her charger. She switched the lamp off and drifted to sleep with a smile on her face

My babies 🥺🥺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 149 19
A ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ข ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ง ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ด. ๐˜•๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ญ๏ฟฝ...
635K 21.3K 77
โž๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ˆ ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ,๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ข๐žโž
614K 18.4K 42
Don't judge a book by its cover, everybody's storms are quiet๐Ÿคซ.