Nothing Built can Last Foreve...

By GAMGAM_23

You died and got reincarnated... Yes I know VERY original. (Minecraft Story Mode Fanfic) Minecraft is not min... More

Prologue (Part 1)
Prologue (Part 2)
Bio
Episode 0: Wait, What? Chapter 1
Episode 0: Wait, What? Chapter 2
Episode 0: Wait, What? Chapter 3
Episode 0: Wait, What? Chapter 4
Episode 0: Wait, What? Chapter 5
Episode 0: Wait, What? Chapter 6
Episode 0: Wait, What? Chapter 7
Episode 0: Wait, What? Chapter 8
Episode 1: The Order of the Stone. Chapter 1
Episode 1: The Order of the Stone. Chapter 2
Episode 1: The Order of the Stone. Chapter 3
Episode 1: The Order of the Stone. Chapter 4
Episode 1: The Order of the Stone. Chapter 5
Episode 1: The Order of the Stone. Chapter 6
Episode 2: Assembly Required. Chapter 1
Episode 2: Assembly Required. Chapter 2
Episode 2: Assembly Required. Chapter 3
Episode 2: Assembly Required. Chapter 4
Episode 2: Assembly Required. Chapter 5
Episode 3: The Last Place You Look. Chapter 1
Episode 3: The Last Place You Look. Chapter 2
Episode 3: The Last Place You Look. Chapter 3
Episode 3: The Last Place You Look. Chapter 4
Episode 3: The Last Place You Look. Chapter 5
Episode 3: The Last Place You Look. Chapter 6
Episode 4: A Block and a Hard Place. Chapter 1
Episode 4: A Block and a Hard Place. Chapter 2
Episode 4: A Block and a Hard Place. Chapter 3

Episode 4: A Block and a Hard Place. Chapter 4

12.9K 216 506
By GAMGAM_23

Talking
(Thinking)
'Whispering'
YELLING
{Telepathy}
[Translated]
\Flashback/
_______________________________________________

We begin this chapter with you, Jesse, Reuben, Petra, Olivia, and Soren exiting the tunnel. Once you were all out of the tunnel you all found yourselves in a large cave within the Far Lands. Olivia looked forward towards the large structure in front of them, and spoke up.

Olivia: Is that... a maze?

Soren: It would appear so...

Soren: A massive one, from the looks of it. If Ivor used the Command Block to build this, it could hold unspeakable peril.

Y/n: This *cough* this looks "maze-merizing."

The others just gave you an unamused look.

Y/n: What? *cough*

Petra: *Sigh* Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Soren turned around, and faced the others.

Soren: Unfortunately, this seems to be the only way forward.

Olivia: There has to be another way. A secret door, or... I don't know... Some way around.

Y/n: Yeah, as mu- *cough* much as I hate to admit i- *cough* it I got lo- *cough* *cough* lost in a hedge maze before, and there's no way I'm t- *cough* trying my luck with this maze.

Jesse weighed out the options, and after some thought she spoke up.

Jesse: There's no way we're going into some crazy maze that Ivor built to keep people away. We'll find some other way through.

Petra: Great choice, Jesse.

With that Jesse, and the gang split up to look for a way around the maze, and you made your way towards the flowers that were on the right of the maze. Jesse looked towards a huge hole in one of the walls of the maze.

Jesse: (Ivor needs to take better care of this place...)

Jesse looked towards her right, and saw you looking at some flowers, and decided to check up on you.

*With you*

Y/n: (Well... I'll be...)

You knelt down, and picked a rose.

Y/n: (The old rose design... ah, memories)

You stood back up, but your index finger touched one of the thorns that was on the rose.

Y/n: 'Ah!' (Right... I forgot they had thorns... wait... back in Soren's the rose I picked up was had the newer design... Was it a rose?)

You think back to the newer "rose" design from the game, and a memory made it's way to your head.

Y/n: (Ah, no. The newer "rose" wasn't actually a rose it was called a poppy... I guess they both exist here...)

You were about to put the rose in your inventory, but Jesse made it to you, and spoke up before you could.

Jesse: Hey, Y/n.

Y/n: Hm?

You faced Jesse.

Y/n: *Cough* Oh, hi Jesse.

Jesse: You doing alright?

Y/n: I'm- *cough* I- *cough* *cough*

You covered your mouth with your hand, and when you uncovered your mouth you saw a little bit of blood on your palm.

Y/n: Could be better...

Jesse looked at you with a worried expression.

Jesse: Don't worry, Y/n... we'll find a way to cure you, and if killing the Wither Storm is the only way then that's exactly what we'll do.

Y/n: *Cough* *cough* I don't doubt that for a second.

Jesse then looked at the flower in your hand.

Jesse: What are you doing, anyway?

Y/n: Oh, nothing. Ju- *cough* just taking a rose.

Jesse: A rose? But the rose you had back at Soren's didn't look like that.

Y/n: Actu- *cough* *cough* actually, the one back at Soren's wasn't even a rose.

Jesse: What? Yeah it was.

Y/n: No, it wasn't. It was a- *cough* a poppy not a rose.

Jesse: A poppy? How do you know that?

Y/n: Well, a ro- *cough* rose has thorns whereas a poppy doesn't.

Jesse: Really? Huh... I did not know that.

Y/n: Wel- *cough* well the more you know.

Jesse then looked down towards the other flowers.

Jesse: (Hmm, flowers, but no trees. Guess it's a Far Lands thing.)

Jesse then looked beside you, and saw some vines on the maze wall.

Jesse: Hey, Y/n. Do you think you can climb tha-

Soren: EVERYONE, EN GARDE!

You, and Jesse looked back towards the rest of the group, and saw a large horde of zombies coming from the maze.

Olivia: There's too many! We can't fight them all!

The zombies began cornering Olivia, Petra, Reuben, and Soren towards the left of the maze entrance. Meanwhile, a few zombies noticed you, and Jesse, and began to corner you two on the right of the maze entrance. You, and Jesse looked towards the vines then towards each other, and gave each other a nod. You began to climb the vines while Jesse yelled out towards the others.

Jesse: GUYS, CLIMB THE VINES!

The others looked towards the maze wall, and saw vines on it. Without wasting any time they began to climb it, but Olivia had to carry Reuben up. Jesse then began to climb up the vines too. After a few moments everyone made it to the top of the maze where they were safe... for now.

Soren: Well, that worked. I suppose.

Olivia put Reuben down.

Olivia: Yeah, I guess. *Points*

Petra, Soren, and Reuben looked towards the direction Olivia was pointing. They saw that you, and Jesse were on a separate maze wall from them. You, and Jesse waved at the others.

Petra: Yeah, but now what?! We're all separated!

Jesse looked down towards the horde of zombies, and then she looked to her right towards the maze. She then points towards the maze, and faces the others.

Jesse: Let's just head that way and find a place where the paths connect!

The others nodded in agreement, and began to walk atop the maze.

Jesse: Sure hope they don't get lost in there...

You put your hand on her shoulder, and Jesse looked back to you.

Y/n: Don- *cough* Don't worry about them. I'm sure they'll be fine. *Cough*

Jesse smiled, and looked back towards the maze.

Jesse: Yeah, well... I hope we don't get lost in there.

You removed your hand from her shoulder, and looked towards the maze as well.

Y/n: Now, I'm so sure about that. *Cough*

Jesse

Jesse: Heh, let's get going.

(Play music)

Jesse began to walk atop the maze, and you followed behind her because the maze wall was only one block wide. Along the way a few bats flew by every now, and then. Soon Jesse stumbled upon a dead end on the wall.

Jesse: *Sigh* A dead end.

Jesse turned around, and faced you.

Jesse: Let's head the other way.

Y/n: Alright.

Now it was you leading the way because Jesse couldn't get back in front of you. After a few turns the two of you stumbled upon a small island of dirt floating above the maze. You looked at it, and so did Jesse.

Y/n: Woah... *Cough* was this naturally made?

Jesse: I'm not sure... But I think it's safe to say the Far Lands are strange.

Y/n: Yeah... we sh- *cough* *cough* we should probably keep moving.

Jesse: Yeah, we should. Lead the way.

You continued to walk atop the maze walls, and Jesse followed. After a minute or two Jesse stopped when she saw a water fall next to the maze wall. You stopped, and faced her.

Y/n: Something wrong? *Cough*

Jesse: I'm fine, It's just... I first met Reuben near a waterfall like this. I just hope the little guy is doing okay...

Y/n: I- *cough* *cough* I'm sure he's okay. He's with Petra after all.

Jesse: Yeah... I guess you're right.

Y/n: Come on. Le- *cough* Let's keep moving.

You began to walk again, and Jesse followed. You decided to strike a conversation while you too were walking.

Y/n: How did you st- *cough* *cough* stumble across Reuben, anyway?

Jesse: Well... I met Reuben about four months before I met you. At the time Axel, Olivia, and I were gathering materials to make our tree house better.

\\\\Axel was gathering wood, Olivia was getting some wool for the carpet, and Jesse was getting some leaves from oak trees with shears to make the treehouse look more natural. After a while of gathering leaves Jesse decided to head back, but before she could she heard a squeal in the distance. Jesse decided to make her way towards the source of the sound to see what it was, and after a while she found the waterfall... she thought her mind was playing tricks on her, and was about to head back, but then she heard rustling behind her. Jesse looked back to see what it was, and saw something sticking out from behind the tree near the waterfall. She made her way towards it, and saw that it was a pig tail. She approached it slowly, and once she reached the tree she peaked around it, and saw a pig that was smaller than most. The pig looked scared, and after a moment it looked back towards Jesse, and was about to run, but Jesse spoke up.

Jesse: Hey, it's okay. It's okay, I'm not gonna hurt you little guy.

The pig looked back towards Jesse, and she slowly knelt down to the pigs level.

Jesse: You okay? Did you get separated from the rest of your friends?

Pig: *Sad oink...*

Jesse: You did get separated?

Pig: *Shakes head no* *Sad oink*

Jesse: You... don't have any friends?

The pig looked down at the ground.

Pig: *Sad oink*

Jesse: (Poor little guy...) Do you want to come with me?

Pig: *Oink?*

The pig took a few tiny steps back.

Jesse: No no no! I'm not going to eat you or anything! I don't eat pork chops!

The pig calmed down a little, but was still a little skeptical.

Pig: *Unsure oink*

Jesse thought for a moment.

Jesse: (How do I get him to trust me..? Aha!)

Jesse pulled out one of the cookies Axel got her.

Jesse: I'll give you this cookie.

The pig got a little excited as it's tail wagged a bit.

Pig: *Oink!*

The pig calmed down though, and took a step back.

Pig: *Unsure oink*

Jesse: Don't worry. If you don't like being with me I'll let go back in the woods, but if you do enjoy my company you can stay. How does that sound?

The pig looked towards it's left, and thought about it for a moment. After a while the pig looked back up towards Jesse, and nodded.

Pig: *Agreement oink*

Jesse: (Yes!) Alright, little guy follow me. It's gonna get dark soon so we should get moving. Oh, and here.

Jesse gave the pig the cookies.

Pig: *Oink*////

Y/n: Wa- *cough* wait, so you just left those trees without leaves?

Jesse: Yeah, but don't worry. Axel chopped them down a few days later.

Y/n: (Oh, thank goodness...)

\\\\After a while of walking in the woods Jesse, and the pig made it to the treehouse that was still getting some improvements.

Jesse: Well, here we are. I know it doesn't look like much, but we're still making it looked better.

Pig: *Unimpressed oink*

Jesse: Hey, it's still a work on progress. Don't judge. Hey, guys!

After a few moments Olivia opened the treehouse trapdoor.

Olivia: Jesse! You're back!

Jesse: Yup! And I brought someone else!

Olivia looked beside Jesse, and saw the tiny pig.

Olivia: You brought a pig?!

Jesse: Yup!

Olivia: But- *sigh* fine, just get up here before it gets dark!

Jesse: Okay!

Jesse made her way towards the ladder that led to inside the treehouse, and the pig followed. Before Jesse began to climb up she faced the pig.

Jesse: I'm gonna have to carry you up.

Pig: *Skeptical oink*

Jesse: Hey, I know I don't look like much, but I can promise you that I won't drop you.

The pig looked at Jesse, then it looked up towards the ladder. Reluctantly, the pig allowed it.

Pig: *Oink*

Jesse made her way to the pig, and she carried it in one arm. After that she walked towards the ladder, and before she climbed it she looked at the pig.

Jesse: Ready?

Pig: *Oink!*

Jesse began to climb up the ladder, and after a couple of moments she made it to the top where she put the pig down, and closed the ladder.

Axel: Hey, Jesse. You're back.

Jesse, and the pig faced Axel you walked towards them. Jesse smiled while the pig hid behind Jesse.

Jesse: Hi, Axel.

Axel: You got the leaves?

Jesse: Yeah, I did. It should be enough for the treehouse.

Axel: Sweet!

Axel then saw the pig hiding behind Jesse's legs.

Axel: Is that a pig?

Jesse: Huh? Oh, yeah. Say hello, little guy.

Jesse moved out of the way so the pig could be fully visible, but everytime Jesse moved to the side the pig moved with her, and continued to hide behind her legs.

Olivia walked towards them.

Axel: I think he's shy.

Olivia: You don't say.

Jesse looked down towards the pig.

Jesse: Hey, it's okay. These are my friends. They're nice, they won't hurt you.

The pig peaked it's head out from behind Jesse, and looked towards Axel, and Olivia.

Axel: Hey, dude.

Olivia: You can come out. We won't do anything.

The pig stopped hiding, and stepped out in the open.

Olivia: Where did you find it?

Jesse: I found this little guy on his own near the big waterfall while I was gathering leaves.

Olivia: On their own? There wasn't any other pigs around?

Jesse: No, turns out there weren't any other pigs at all.

Axel knelt down.

Axel: What's your name little guy?

The pig backed away a little bit since they were still scared, but then Jesse spoke up.

Jesse: I don't think it has a name.

Olivia: Really?

Jesse: Yeah, I don't even know if it's a boy or a girl.

Axel: Are you a boy or a girl?

Pig: *Oink*

Axel: ... What?

Olivia: *Sigh* Ask "yes or no" questions, Axel...

Axel: Are you a girl?

Pig: *Shakes head no*

Olivia: So you're a boy?

Pig: *shakes head yes*

Olivia: Do you have a name?

Pig: *Shakes head no*

Axel: Do you want one?

The pig thought about it for a moment, and shook his head yes.

Olivia: What do you think about the name... George?

The pig shook his head no.

Axel: Josh?

The pig shook his head again.

Olivia: Greg?

No.

Axel: Jeff?

Nope.

Olivia: Ronald?

No on that one.

Axel: Joe?

Definite no.

Olivia: Waddles?

The pig thought about it for a moment, but ultimately shook his head no.

Axel: Junior?

The pig shook his head no once again.

Olivia: Axel, can you think of a name that doesn't start with a J?

Axel: I dunno.

Jesse was deep in thought, and after a moment. She spoke up.

Jesse: What about Reuben?

They all faced Jesse, and after a few moments of thinking the pig nodded his head yes to that name.

Reuben: *Oink!*

Jesse: Yeah? You like the name Reuben?

Reuben: *Happy oink!*

Jesse: Heh, well Reuben, I'm glad you like it. We should get some rest though... It's starting to get late.

They all nodded in agreement as the only thing keeping the treehouse lit was a torch.

Axel: Yeah, I wouldn't mind sleeping.

Olivia: Me neither.

They all made their way to three different beds that were scattered in the treehouse, but Reuben only sat down on the carpet. Once everyone was lying down Jesse got ready to put out the torch that was near her bed.

Jesse: Goodnight, guys.

Olivia/Axel: Goodnight.

Jesse took the torch, and put it in her inventory as she began to fall asleep. After a couple of moments all that was heard in the treehouse were some snores, but Reuben was still awake. Reuben was lying on the carpet on the floor, but he looked towards Jesse who was asleep. After a moment or two Reuben got up, and made his way to Jesse's bed where he climbed up, and snuggled next to her, and fell asleep.////

Jesse: After that day Reuben was always with us. He was shy at first, but he grew close to us after a while.

Y/n: (That was nice...) Tha- *cough* That's a good to he- *cough* hear. *Cough* *cough* I guess if he was still shy he wouldn't have had the courage to offer me a carrot when we first met. *cough*

Jesse: Yeah...

As the two of you continued walking you looked down towards the right of the wall, into the maze, and saw the others walking through the maze.

Y/n: (What the? How did they get down there?)

What you didn't know was that there was a spider climbing up from the left side of the wall. As the spider got to the top Jesse spoke up.

Jesse: Look out!

Y/n: Wha-

Before you can say anything the spider jumped towards you. You didn't have enough time to take out your sword so you caught it, and made sure it didn't sting you. You then turned to face Jesse as you held it still.

Y/n: Stab it!

Jesse got her sword out, and did just that. She stabbed the spider, and killed it, but when the spider *poofed* out of existence the blade of her sword snapped off

Jesse: Shoot!

After that the hilt *poofed* out of existence as well.

Jesse: You've got to be kidding me. You okay, Y/n?

Y/n: Yeah... it's *cough* it's a shame your sword broke though.

Jesse: It's fine. What matters is that you're safe.

Jesse then looks down at the wall they're standing on, and saw that bottom of it was mostly gone.

Jesse: How'd that spider even get up here..?

Y/n: That spider was dedicated. *Cough* *cough*

Jesse then looked towards the right, and far in the distance she saw a house.

Jesse: Hey look! *Points* That must be Ivor's lab!

Y/n: Huh?

You looked towards where Jesse was pointing, and saw where she was pointing.

Y/n: It is! We- *cough* We're almost there!

Jesse: Yeah... I wish it was a little closer.

Y/n: Oh, ch- *cough* cheer up! At least we k- *cough* *cough* know where it is now. Let's keep going.

You continued to walk, and Jesse followed. You both stumbled across another floating dirt island, but this one was bigger.

Y/n: Huh...

Jesse: This place just gets weirder, and weirder.

Y/n: C'mon.

You began to walk again as Jesse followed, but after a while you reached a dead end.

Y/n: Turn back around. *Cough* It's a dead end.

Jesse listened, and began to lead this time as you followed. After a while of walking the maze atop the maze itself Jesse looked down onto the maze, and saw Olivia, Petra, and Reuben down there.

Jesse: Olivia!

Jesse tried to call out to them, but unbeknownst to her there was a witch up ahead. The witch silently pulled out a potion of harming, and threw got ready to throw it towards her, but luckily you noticed.

Y/n: Get down!

The witch threw the potion of harming towards the two of you, but before it could hit you ducked down, and pulled Jesse down with you. This caused the potion to miss the two of you. You both got back up, and Jesse pulled out her bow. Jesse fired an arrow at the witch, but it only hit it's hip. The witch pulled out another potion of harming, and threw it towards you two, but you both ducked under it.

Y/n: Aim for the head!

Jesse: I'm trying!

Jesse fired another arrow, but this time it hit the witch's left shoulder. The witch got out another potion, threw it towards you two, but you both dodged it once again.

Y/n: Jesse!

Jesse: I know! I know!

Jesse fired a third arrow, and this time it hit the witch in the head, killing her.

Jesse: Whew!

Y/n: Yo- *cough* you're archery could use some work.

Jesse: I know... *puts bow away*

Y/n: When th- *cough* *cough* this is over I'm gonna teach you how to better use a bow.

Jesse: That'd be nice... C'mon.

The two of you continued on. As another couple minutes go by the two of you came across yet another floating dirt island. This one wasn't bugger than the list one, but it was oddly shaped. The both of you stopped, and looked at it. Jesse had a confused look, while you had one of interest. After a moment the two of you looked at each other, shrugged, and continued on. Soon the two of you found a broken part of the wall that you can climb down.

Jesse: We can get down from here... should we?

Y/n: We- *cough* We should get down. Nothing good has come from this maze. *Cough*

Jesse looked down, and saw some sort of contraption.

(Stop music)

Jesse: Huh, what's that?

Jesse began to climb down the wall, and made her way to the contraption, and you followed. Once Jesse made it down she got a closer look at the contraption while you made your way towards the edge of the cliff.

Jesse: Hmm... redstone blocks, some pistons... I wonder what this thing's supposed to be.

Y/n: *Whistles* That is- *cough* *cough* is a flying barge.

You begin to walk away from the cliff, and towards the flying slime machine.

Y/n: And I reckon we need it to get past that.

You point back towards the cliff with your thumb. Jesse made her way towards the edge of the cliff, and saw a huge chasm between you two, and the laboratory.

Jesse: Ooookay... I don't see a way across. Not without that thing at least.

Olivia: Hello?! Anyone?!

You, and Jesse looked back towards the maze.

Jesse: Olivia?! Is that you?!

Moments later Olivia, Reuben, and Petra walked out of the maze, and when they saw you two they began to run towards you two, and the two of your did the same.

Petra: Y/n! Jesse! There you are.

Reuben: *Happy oink!*

Olivia: We thought we'd never find you! All those dead ends back there...

Jesse: Where's Soren?

Petra: *Sigh* We got separated when we came across a horde of zombies in the maze...

Y/n: W- *cough* Well I'm glad to see you three are safe.

Olivia: Us too... we were worried sick about the two of you.

Petra: Yeah, we thought we'd be lost in here forever.

You pet Reuben's head.

Reuben: *Cheerful oink!*

Petra: We don't have time for this. The clock is ticking, and this maze is not helping.

You all begin to walk towards the edge of the cliff.

Olivia: We don't even know where Soren is.

Reuben: *Oink*

Olivia: We're short on time, and yet we're lost in some elaborate puzzle.

Jesse: Well, at least we're back together.

Olivia: Yes! The dream team, reunited!

Reuben: *Oink!*

Petra: Now we just gotta find a way across this gaping bottomless pit.

Y/n: I- *cough* I've been working on that.

Petra, and Olivia turned to face you.

Olivia: You have?

Y/n: Follow me.

You walked towards the flying barge, and the others followed.

Olivia: Woah... It's some kind of flying barge. It would probably get us to the other side... but it's in really bad shape. And it's really complicated...

Jesse: But, you two can fix it though... right?

Olivia: I don't know... Y/n might be able to, but I think it's out of my league.

Y/n: It's not out of your league, Olivia... *Cough* *cough* Take a look at the barge, and try to figure out what's wrong with it.

Olivia: Fine, I'll take a look.

Olivia knelt down, and took a closer look at the barge. After a moment she spoke up.

Olivia: This layout doesn't even make any sense. What was Ivor thinking?

Olivia sat down on the ground.

Olivia: Or maybe it's just me... I mean, Ellegaard herself said I don't have what it takes to be a great engineer. She was right I can't hack it.

Y/n: *Cough* *cough* Woah, where'd that come from? Ellegaard doesn't even know the first thing about you. She doesn't know you like we do. *Cough*

Olivia: But Y/n... *Gets up* She was the greatest redstone engineer. Ever! She was in the Order of the Stone!

Y/n: That may be, but the Order are still people. *Cough* *cough* People that started somewhere.

Olivia: ... I guess you're right... they are people just like us. I mean, how are we the ones saving the world when even they don't have what it takes? Soren, and Ivor are always at each others throats. The greatest warrior in history was bested by you... All I ever seen Magnus do is argue... And the Order doesn't give Ellegaard much respect.

Olivia began to walk towards the edge off the cliff, and you stood beside her.

Olivia: If the Order can't do this... how are we supposed to? How are we supposed to do anything?

Y/n: *Cough* *cough* *cough* Stop thinking about what the Order did, and start thinking about what you did.

Olivia: What we did? But they took down the Ender Dragon.

Y/n: But the four of your reunited them! The four of you found Ellegaard together, and we all played a role with Soren. *Cough* *COUGH* *cough*

Petra: You okay, Y/n?

Y/n: Yeah, for now anyway. Look, Olivia... what I'm trying to say its that you've all done amazing things in the past few days. *Cough* *cough* Don't sell yourself short.

Olivia: *Faces you* Yeah, I suppose that's true.

You gave Olivia a smile as you seem to have gotten her to look at the positives.

Olivia: Blargh. Alright. I'll try it one more time.

Y/n: You can do this, Olivia.

Olivia made her way back towards the barge, and began to examine it more closely than before. Meanwhile Reuben faced Jesse.

Reuben: *Oink?*

Jesse: She's gonna be just fine.

Reuben: *Unsure oink*

Jesse: Sometimes people just need a pep talk.

Petra made her way towards you.

Petra: 'Hey, Y/n? You said you knew your way around redstone right?'

Y/n: 'Yeah, why?'

Petra: 'Why didn't you just fix the barge yourself then?'

Y/n: 'Because, *cough* *cough* Olivia needs to be more confident in her abilities. She has the potential to be an amazing redstone engineer, but if she keeps on doubting herself she'll never see that.'

Olivia was still looking at the barge, but after a few moments she spoke up.

Olivia: Wait a second... I think I see what he was trying to do... Jesse?

Jesse made her way towards Olivia.

Jesse: Yeah?

Olivia: Here.

Olivia handed Jesse a piston.

Olivia: Take this piston. Craft it into a sticky piston, then place it on the other side of the barge, along with a redstone block... You got all that?

Jesse: I think so.

Olivia began to readjust some of the blocks while Jesse made her way towards a chest near a crafting table. Jesse found nine redstone dust in it along with a slime ball. After that she made her way towards the crafting table, and began the craft. Meanwhile you walked towards Olivia.

Y/n: I knew you could do it.

Olivia: But I haven't actually fixed it yet.

Y/n: *Cough* *cough* Oh it's quite simple, really. All you have to do is (insert explanation here) (A/N: It's 4 a.m. and I can't find a tutorial vid for this specific flying barge. Please help.)
(T-T)

Olivia: Wait, if you knew that why didn't you fix it yourself?

Y/n: Because I knew you could do this. You're an amazing redstone engineer, and I don't want you selling yourself short.

Before Olivia could respond, Jesse arrived with the redstone block, and the sticky piston.

Jesse: Let's do this.

Jesse made her way towards the other side of the barge, and put down the items down where they're supposed to be. After that the barge made a sound that meant it was ready.

Olivia: Holy cow! We did it! All we need now is flint and steel to get it started.

Y/n: *Cough* I'm proud of you Olivia.

Olivia: Yeah...

Olivia held onto her left arm.

Olivia: Thanks, Y/n... and thanks for everything you said just before. It really helped.

Y/n: No problem.

Olivia gave you a heartfelt hug, and you hugged back. After a moment or two you both separated.

Y/n: Jesse, do you still have the flint and steel? *Cough*

Jesse: I-uh... Yeah, give me a moment.

Soren: HELLO!? ANYONE!?

You all looked back towards the maze, and saw Soren running out of it. You were about to say hello until you saw a horde of zombies follow behind him.

Jesse: Everybody get on!

Soren ran right past her, and towards the barge.

Jesse: Quick, onto the barge!

Everyone else made their way towards the barge. Olivia, Petra, and Soren got on the boat on the left while you, and Reuben got on the boat on the right. Jesse used the flint and steel on the barge, and it began to go on it's own immediately. But before the barge could leave her behind she got onto the boat with you, and Reuben.

Jesse: That was close! Everyone okay?

Soren: For the moment...

Y/n: I'm good.

Petra: Never better.

Olivia: I'm alright.

Reuben: *Oink*

You looked towards Soren, and saw him standing very stiffly with a nervous look on his face.

Y/n: *Cough* Hey Soren are you alright? You look nervous.

Soren: Pfft! Me? Nervous? Stuff and nonsense!

Y/n: Really? *Cough* I just thought considering if we fall off the barge the fall could last at least thirty seconds... *cough* it could probably never end.

Soren: E-eh, luckily that won't h-happen. I trust in my f-footing.

Y/n: I hope so. *Cough* Wouldn't want to see you disappear into the abyss... (He's still afraid of heights I see.)

Soren: *Gulp*

After a few moments the barge made to the other side where Ivor's lab was everyone got off the boats, and although Soren did the same he had to wipe off the sweat from his head because of how nervous he was.

After that you got ahead of everyone, and spoke up.

Y/n: That was "a-maze-ing!"

You looked back towards the others. Petra face palmed, while Olivia, and Soren had unamused looks. Jesse, and Reuben, on the other hand, were smiling. Jesse then chimed in.

Jesse: I'm just "a-mazed" you thought that was funny.

Petra: *Groan* Don't encourage him!

Y/n: *Cough* *cough* The maze puns will never end!

Jesse: Ehehe, c'mon guys. Let's go see what Ivor's hiding in there.

Jesse began to make her way into the laboratory and everyone else followed. Once inside they all found themselves in an unorganized library.

Petra: How can one person need this many books?

Olivia: We should be careful, this place could be booby-trapped.

Jesse: Let's just start looking for the enchanting book.

Y/n: Alright.

With that everyone split up, and searched the bookshelves for the enchanting book. While everyone went deeper in the library you searched the first bookshelf you saw.

Y/n: (I know the enchanting book isn't in here, but I am curious as to what other kind of books exist here...)

You looked through the bookshelf, and saw some books on redstone, crafting, etc. But what caught your eye was something horrid...

Y/n: (What?! They have this?!)

You pulled you a thick book titled "The Twilight Saga."

Y/n: (Why?! Wasn't the first one bad enough?! Why couldn't they have the "I Spy" books?! Finding paperclips is more interesting than vampires that glisten!)

You looked around to make sure no one was looking, and put the book in your inventory.

Y/n: (I'm gonna have to burn this later.)

While you were in your own thoughts Jesse walked up to you.

Jesse: Hey, Y/n.

Y/n: Guh! *Faces Jesse* Oh, hey Jesse.

Jesse: Are you okay?

Y/n: Yeah, *cough* I'm fine. No luck finding the book though.

Jesse: That's a shame. Do you want to look with me?

Y/n: Sure. *Cough* *cough* This section is filled with guides anyway... (And a cursed item...)

Jesse: Alright, let's start looking.

You, and Jesse began to look for a shelf that the others weren't looking through, but on the way you both stopped by Petra who was searching the bookshelves nearby.

Jesse: Hey, Petra. Any luck?

Petra: *Sigh* No... none of these books are the one's we're looking for. Listen to these titles "How to Train Your Slime"... "The Various Uses of Mooshroom Stew"... "Potion-ology, Volume 24"..?

Y/n: 24?

Petra: Yeah... I'm starting to think that the only friends Ivor had were books.

Jesse: Eh, I guess being an angry loner leaves you a lot of time to read...

Petra: I guess...

Jesse: Keep looking, Petra. Y/n, and I are going to look somewhere else.

Petra: Alright.

You, and Jesse made your way deeper into the library, but stopped when you made it to Olivia.

Jesse: Olivia, any luck?

Olivia: *Faces Jesse* Not really. Ivor has too many books, and there's too few of us looking... How did we end up all split up like this? I feel like we're spreading ourselves too thin.

Y/n: Spread thin or not, we are still a team in spirit. *cough* *cough*

Jesse: Exactly. We may not all be together, but we're still a team. That's how teams work.

Olivia: Hey, you almost said "teamwork."

Jesse: See? We're still funny. And we can still get things done.

Olivia: I guess being split up just means we can be in more places at once, right? Kinda... like... the Wither Storm...

Jesse: Let's, uhh, let's just forget that metaphor.

Y/n: Hey, three Wither Storms, and they still couldn't catch m- *cough* me. *Cough* *cough* *COUGH*

You fell on one knee, and covered your mouth. Olivia, and Jesse grew worried.

Olivia: Y/n?

Jesse: Are you okay?

They got a hold of your arms, and pulled you back up.

Y/n: I'll live.

You looked down at your hand, and saw even more blood than before, but this time it wasn't blood red... it was turning darker. You decided to wipe it off.

Y/n: (It's still getting worse...) We should probably keep looking... f- *cough* find that book soon.

Olivia nodded, and began to look through the shelves again while Jesse made her way towards one of the lower shelves, and you followed.

Jesse: Let's see here... "How I Learned to Stop Worrying, and Love Mining" huh... "The Unabridged Redstone Encyclopedia"... "Zombies and Pigs, an Intimate Memoir-" *gasp* This might be the wrong part of the library...

You looked at the "Zombies and Pigs" book, and spoke up.

Y/n: "An Intimate Memoir?" *Cough* *cough* What's that supposed to mea-

Jesse held your hand, and pulled you away from there.

Jesse: C'montheenchantmentbookisn'tthere!

Y/n: ... What?

As Jesse took you further through the library you both came across Soren. Jesse stopped, and checked up on Soren.

Jesse: Soren, find anything?

Soren: *Faces Jesse* In this mess? It's as though Ivor learned nothing from my lectures on organizational methodology! If only he hadn't gotten lost in that confounded swamp... He could just tell us where the book is! Coming here was his idea. He should be here for it.

Jesse: Yeah, well he can be pretty stupid for someone so smart.

Soren: Yes! And this house is a perfect example!

Soren then walked a little bit a away from your two.

Soren: There's neither rhyme nor reason to how these books are stored. Finding anything here is impossible!

Y/n: Hey, *cough* it might be difficult, but it's not impossible. *cough*

Soren then faced you. He sighed, and made his way back towards the shelves he was looking through.

Soren: Fine. I will continue this monotonous search. But I reserve my right to grumble about it.

You, and Jesse looked towards each other, and then looked back towards Soren.

Y/n/Jesse: It's a deal.

Soren continued his search. You, and Jesse then made it to the end of the library where there was a fireplace, but instead of fire it was lava. Reuben was sitting next to the fireplace, and the two of you made your way towards him.

Jesse: Reuben, what are you doing?

Reuben: *Oink!* *Oink!*

Jesse: Yeah, well, you're gonna get yourself cooked. I've told you before; stay, away, from lava.

Reuben: *Sad oink*

Reuben moved away from the fireplace. Jesse then looked behind her, and saw another bookshelf. She decided to check it out.

Jesse: Let's see here... "Twenty Thousand Blocks Under the Sea"... "Learn to Succeed by Thinking Inside the Box"...? It's definitely not here either.

While Jesse was doing that you got the cursed book, and threw it into the lava while no one was looking.

Y/n: (That should never have been written...)

You then looked to your left, and saw a redstone circuit next to the fireplace.

Y/n: Hey, Jesse? *Cough* You might want to look at this.

Jesse made her way towards you.

Jesse: What is it?

Y/n: *Cough* There's redstone circuit here.

Jesse looked at it.

Jesse: There is... what do you think it does?

Y/n: I don't know... *Cough* you wouldn't happen to have a lever, would you? *Cough*

Jesse: No... Sorry.

Y/n: Hmm... Well without a lever *cough* we can't see what this does.

Jesse: Hmm...

Jesse looked to the left in the corner of the room, and saw a chest next to a crafting table. She made her way to the chest, and began to look through it, but the only thing that was in there was a block of cobblestone, and two oak wood planks. Jesse then looked at the crafting table, and got to crafting. Meanwhile you were sitting next to Reuben.

Y/n: *Cough* You doing alright, bud?

Reuben: *Worried oink*

You pat Reuben's head.

Y/n: Don't worry about me, Reuben. *Cough* *cough* I'll be fine.

You then got out your last carrot.

Y/n: Here.

You put the carrot in front of Reuben.

Y/n: It's my last one. *Cough*

Reuben gave you a sad look, but he still ate the carrot. After that, Jesse came by with a lever she made with the crafting table. She then put the lever next to the redstone circuit beside you.

Jesse: Like it was made for it.

You got up, and stood beside Jesse.

Y/n: Well? *Cough* What are you waiting for?

Jesse then pulled the lever. This caused the lava in the fireplace to stop flowing, and reveal a secret passageway as stairs formed. This caused a bit of noise, and everyone made their way towards the fireplace, and saw the secret passage.

Olivia: Why would you build a secret passage in a house nobody ever visits?

You, and Jesse then faced the others.

Y/n: *Cough* More like, "why wouldn't you?"

Jesse: I know, right? Secret passageways are cool.

Petra: Good point.

Soren: We should keep moving. The enchanting book probably lies deep within here.

Soren began to make his way down the stairs, and the rest of you followed. You, Jesse, and Reuben followed close behind him while Olivia, and Petra lagged behind. However, as Soren was walking down the stairs he didn't see a tripwire on one of the steps because of how dim it was. This led to him stepping on the tripwire. The tripwire seemed to cause a wall to seal off the entrance to the passageway, and cause you four to get separated from Petra, and Olivia.

Jesse: What the-?!

You all looked back.

Jesse: Are you guys okay?!

Olivia pulled the lever again to try and open the passage way, but it didn't do anything.

Olivia: We're fine! But the lever isn't working anymore!

Y/n: *Cough* Hold on! *Equips pickaxe* I'll take the wall down!

Petra: No, don't! The lava is flowing again!

Y/n: *Sigh* Ah, crap.

You put away the pickaxe, and faced Siren hoping he'd know what to do, but he just shrugged his shoulders.

Jesse: Just stay there! We'll head down and see what we can find!

Olivia: Okay!

Petra: Be careful!

Y/n: We will!

After that you, Jesse, Reuben, and Soren continued down the stairs to see what lies deep down there.

(A/N: There. Done, and done. I hope guys enjoyed! Also, I've been trying to find decent art for the armors Jesse wears, but I couldn't find any. I was planning to let you guys choose, but there was only good art for one of the armors. That I know of anyway...)

6880 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 47.3K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
309K 10.8K 50
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six โ” season se...
1.7M 48.2K 71
๐…๐‘๐Ž๐™๐„๐ | โYe a cute little thin', aren't ya? I think ye will be mine now...โž โ†โ…โ„โ†โ… ส™แดส€ษด แดา“ แด„แดสŸแด… แด€ษดแด… แดกษชษดแด›แด‡ส€ แด€ษชส€ แด€ษดแด… แดแดแดœษดแด›แด€ษชษด ส€แด€ษชษด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดษชษดษข...
289K 8.7K 63
โ Shut up,โž โ Make me, ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ.โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ no matter how hard she tries to resist, the daughter of Hades ends up falling for Percy Jac...