The Agent's Secret Daughter

By AJMcKinley

*CRIMINAL MINDS FANFIC* ⚠️Contains triggering subjects⚠️ Madeline Diana just short of 16 has had a pretty ch... More

Introduction
DISCLAIMER
Best Rankings
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
A/N:
My Other Books

Chapter 34

448 8 4
By AJMcKinley

*Several days later*

   The baby had passed. The case had been solved. I was lying in my bed in pieces.

   I had just lost my child. Everyone had noticed that something was up when I didn't get back to work once the case was solved. Everyone noticed I wasn't just 'sick', they knew something had to be up.

    The amount of times the team would stop by and plead for me to come out of my room was unfathomable. I could hear their conversations how stressed they were and how I only let Jack in. They were worried about me.

    I also know the team noticed Jack became more depressed than usual. They didn't think much of it though because they thought it was because of me.

    The bleeding stopped yesterday and I felt better. Physically at least. Mentally I was a mess. I wanted to scream. I wanted to sob. I couldn't do any of those things.

   A knock interrupted me from my thoughts.

   "Hey Kiddo. I know you don't want to answer the door but I have your favorite spaghetti out here." Rossi stated. I didn't feel like I deserved to eat but I knew I needed to. Jack shouldn't worry about me not eating as well as our baby's passing.

   For the first time in days I went and answered the door. Rossi was just about to walk away when he saw me open the door.

   I picked up the spaghetti, "Thank you, Rossi."

    He nodded and smiled. I heard him talking to the team through the wall.

  "She opened the door for spaghetti, I told you this Italian would be able to do it."

     "Yes, now we just need her to tell us what's going on." said JJ

   "We need her back, the team isn't the same without her." Prentiss said.

    "Jack has been acting off as well. Maybe it's because of how she is acting or something happened between him." Hotch said and Prentiss agreed.

   "Have you talked to him, Hotch or Prentiss?" Rossi asked.

    "Yes, and every time we do he tenses and gets defensive. I have never seen him like this since Haley died."

    "He barely plays with his siblings anymore. He hates being around me, and hates talking about babies."

    "Do you think they have been trying for a child and is infertile?" Asked JJ. Who has also been acting really depressed lately. I only know this because Dad gives me a nightly update on what happened that way. It's the only way he can 'talk' to me.

    "I mean it wouldn't be surprising that she was infertile, especially with all the trauma she had endured." Reid spoke.

    I let myself zone out from their conversation.

********

    Days go by and they continue to talk and try to get me out of my room. It has been a week of them trying.

    Last night Jack convinced me to go into the office to at least catch up on case files and I agreed.

    Once dad had left the apartment, well it was still the temporary apartment, I began to get dressed. I put on somewhat comfy clothes that fit the dress code and throw my hair up messily. I continued to get ready for work.

    Once I was ready Jack drove me to work. The BAU was a few minutes away and I began to relive that day in my head. Jack noticed and grabbed my hand, squeezing it tight.

   "Were gonna be ok, Ok?" I nodded.

    I walked into the elevator. I was about an hour late to work. Jack grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together. The comfort and security this makes me feel is unfathomable.

   We walked into the BAU and the team was facing away from us. Facing Emily's computer. I noticed Rossi and Hotch weren't there. They were in Hotch's office.

     That's when Hotch turned his head and saw us. He must've said something since Rossi turned his head and put his hand over his mouth. They both walked to the railing in shock. I stared up at them pondering what they were thinking.

     "Jack, Madeline." Hotch and Rossi said in sync.

    The whole team turned to look at the direction Hotch and Rossi were looking.

    "Oh my gosh" and "No way" gasped from peoples mouths throughout the whole building. Along with comments like "She looks terrible" and "She deserves whatever it was for faking her death."

   I ignored their comments and I already knew the rumors would start spiraling but I didn't care. Not the first and won't be the last time rumors have been spread about me.

    I walked toward the team, and they were shocked to see me. I instantly went to my dad and hugged him. He hugged me tighter than ever before. The whole team hugged me. I was shocked to see Emily showing a small bump. Still cant believe Jack will have another sibling. A sibling that should've been an Aunt or Uncle to our child. I deprived them of a niece and nephew.

    The whole team was laughing and smiling except JJ, Jack, and me. I refused to talk. Haven't said a word since in the car with Jack. All their happy conversations ended when they learned they had a case.

   Before she went to the round table Hotch stopped her.

   "Are you sure you want to be back? I don't know what is going on but you can take more time." Hotch said, He was only soft to a few people. I was one of those people.

    I shook my head, "I'm fine."

   I walked past Hotch and went to the round table and saw that Jack was pale as a ghost looking at the case file on his tablet. I opened the case file and I felt all the color drain from my face.

   My first case back was a baby murderer. It was so hard to hold back tears. So hard to not throw up looking at the photos.

   "They are killing male babies in high numbers. They are always between the age of newborn and 2 years old. Typically found taken in the middle of the night." Garcia said.

   "It sounds like this man is living in biblical times. Herod the Great, King of Judea sacrificed all babies linking to Bethlehem. He was killed between the same ages of the unsub. The babies are being killed and tortured in similar ways." Reid spoke.

   I had enough baby talk. Tears we're threatening to fall. I got up with the help of the table and ran to the bathroom. Tears began to cascade down my face. I entered the bathroom. Using the sink to support myself as I sobbed left my body. Jack entered the bathroom not giving a crap that it was a women's bathroom. He immediately hugged me. I sank into his embrace. Tears falling down both our faces.

    "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry"Jack said.

    "I wish I waited another week. I-i can't sit here and watch more parents be robbed of their baby." I said, another sob escaped my mouth.

   "I know. Me too." Jack comforted me.

   My face was buried in his chest and his head rested on mine. Emily walked in, and instantly walked out seeing the look Jack had on his face.

   "I'm gonna wash my face and you should leave the Women's bathroom." I said.

     "Will do, I'll be right outside." Jack said.

    "Tell your dad I still want to be on the case." I stated, Jack gave me a shocked look.

     "Are you sure?"

   "Yes, it will help me heal and cope." I said, hopeful. He nodded.

   Once I cleaned up and packed. I went on to the plane and sat next to Rossi. He pulled me close and placed a kiss on my forehead.

   "I'm here to talk or if you need me kiddo." He said and I nodded.

   We headed to New Orleans. This was gonna be emotional for both JJ and me. I fell into a deep sleep on Rossi's shoulder. Hoping the team wouldn't find out what happened to me almost 2 weeks prior.

A/n: Welp I don't know what to say but I hope you enjoy this chapter and hopefully they stop getting so freaking sad but you know. I probably should've warned y'all to get some tissues but you know I didnt. I love you guys! Thanks for all the support!!! Can't believe we are at 3.5k reads (7 Jan 2022)!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 69 27
Before we begin, I should say that this story is a little mix up of the storyline. I know some might not like it, but this is just what I thought wou...
63.5K 975 85
⚠️tw⚠️ mental health issue's such as sh, depression, Ed and suicide... y/n garcia penelope's sister has been with the bau for 1 year. she's a very pr...
6.2K 53 18
🔞 Collection of SFW + NSFW Emily Prentiss Oneshots 🔞 Just a bunch of unconnected (unless specified) oneshots of the BAU's baddest, Emily Prentiss. ...
41.8K 928 37
destiny is a strange thing, the universe has had your steps planned since you were created. Fate lead me here, lead me to Emily. My fate is made in t...