Treasure: The Past || Ateez W...

By Jay_HwaWrites

Hi! This is the official start to a series of three books called "Treasure series". I'm really excited for t... More

Hii! DISCLAIMER!!!
( Part 1: The Past): Character intro 1
( Part 1: The Past): Character Intro pt.2
Chapter 1: Hwanwoong's Past
Chapter 2: The New Kid (San's POV)
Chapter 3: The New Kid (Woo's POV) ; Unusual friend at a unusual time?
Chapter 4: Something's off
Chapter 5: First Date
Chapter 6: Redeem Yourself
Chapter 7: Bully
Chapter 8: Planning the Plan
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10: Obsessed?
Chapter 11: We're Still Friends
Chapter 12: Sandwich
Chapter 13: Poisoned and Coping
Chapter 14: Burst of a Lightbulb
Chapter 15: You Lied
Chapter 16: Seoho's Background pt1
Chapter 17: Seoho's Background pt2
Chapter 18: Seoho's Background pt3
Chapter 19: Partners
Chapter 20: My Senses are Tingling
Chapter 21: Hopeless
Chapter 22: Battle of Cheeses
Chapter 23: Grocery Store
Chapter 24: Carnival Fair pt 1
Chapter 24: pt 2
Chapter 25: Secret Messages
Chapter 26: Tension in the Air
Chapter 27: Restaurant
Chapter 28: Senior Field Day
Chapter 29: Eye Drops
Chapter 30: I'm sorry Woong
Story Update (things are changing)!
Chapter 31 pt 2: Graduation Incident (The Incident)
Chapter 32: Hospital
Chapter 33: Holy F*ck
Chapter 34: Woong
Chapter 35: Going Home
Chapter 36: Secret Encounter
Chapter 37: Pain
Chapter 38: What is going on?
Chapter 39: Breaking News!
Chapter 40: Nothing happened; I told you I will
Chapter 41: Love MARS, Love Hwa
Chapter 42: I'm not going anywhere
Chapter 43: I lied; Caught Again
Chapter 44: Comfort from a unknown boy
Chapter 45: Journey of Healing ; Bracelet
Chapter 46: Changing myself for the better; confessing
Chapter 47: Handsome? ; A New Friend
Chapter 48: Tell the world I'm coming home
Hongjoong's Diary
Special Chapter
Chapter 49: It's gone
Chapter 50: Saving you
Chapter 51:
Chapter 52:
Chapter 53: Surprise!
SEQUEL (BOOK 2) IS OUT!

Chapter 31 pt 1: Graduation Incident (The Incident)

150 6 0
By Jay_HwaWrites

WARNING ⚠️ : THIS CHAPTER DOES DISPLAY VIOLENCE AND HARSH WORDS. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS JUST A STORY. THANK YOU!

**********************************************

Hwa POV:

Earlier the morning

"Hey Felix, you're here 10 minutes early." Hwa opened the door to Felix holding a backpack filled with materials.

"Sorry. Hope you don't mind."

"No, not at all. It will give us a bit more time which is good. Come on in." Gesturing for Felix to come in.

"Well, let's get started, shall we?" Felix smiled, lifting up his uniform.

Hwa went into the bathroom to change into his suit when he heard muffled voices outside. "Felix?" Automatically thinking it was Felix talking on the phone but when he opened the door, he recognized the other voice was his uncle. "What the fuck? He never talks to anyone. Especially my friends." Hwa thought in his head.

"Hey Felix! I need help!" Hwa made an excuse for Felix to come back upstairs. "What were you talking to my uncle about?" Hwa asked as he watched Felix walk up the wooden stairs.

"Oh I was just asking him something about suits. Are you done, Hwa?" Smoothing out any bumps on Hwa's suit. "Now let's do hair and makeup and we're done." Dumping out a hair straightener and makeup supplies.

Ravn POV:

Ravn was just in the shop thinking how Joong and Seoho are about to graduate and he couldn't go to the graduation since he knew people would recognize him from a year ago. This thought made him sad but all of the sudden his phone rang, interrupting him from his phone.

RVMeow: Hello? Who is this?

???: Hi, this is an acquaintance of your mom Moonbyul and Solar.  I need to inform you that they have gotten to a major car accident. Please come to this hospital as soon as possible.

Alarmed Ravn immediately grabs his stuff and heads out the door without a second thought since it was his parents.

[ At the graduation center ]

"Wow, would you look at that? It's so beautiful." Felix looked in awe of all the decorations, balloons, and congratulation signs all over.

"Aren't you coming?" Hwa stopped noticing his friend was not following him.

"You go on in. I need to meet one of my friends. Don't worry, I'll be there in a few minutes." Making a hand motion for Hwa to continue.

Hwa stood near the entrance, feeling his anxiety set in. "Holy shit I'm graduating. Is this happening? Wait, Where the fuck is Felix? I can't go on without him. It'll be too awkward." Hwa kept repeating in his head as he walked back and forth in the hall.

"Hey Hwa!" Felix greeting Hwa. We have to go inside now. It's about to start." Dragging the anxious Hwa into the big graduation room. "Woo is here right?" Felix asked, opening the door for Hwa.

"Yeah of course he's here. I just don't get why my uncle is here. He's never here for anything. I don't want him to be here."

"Good. everyone's here." Letting themselves in a huge room where people were already seated for graduation.

Slowly the ceremony began, speeches were spoken by the Principle. Then finally students' names were getting called to get their certificate. Slowly each student's name was called including Joong, Seoho, Felix, Changbin, and even Hwa. However, when they called the name San, there was no San to go up to take the certificate.

Felix and Changbin POV: Smirking at each other

Joong and Seoho: Looking at each other concerned and confused

Just like that, they moved until every student's name was called and eventually the graduation was completed. Leaving the students with the "after party" where they took pictures with family and friends. At this time, Hwa could only take pictures with Woo and Woo's family without being affectionate since Hwa's uncle was here.

Joong and Seoho POV:

Joong and Seoho took pictures with their parents but unfortunately their parents had to quickly leave early while Joong and Seoho stayed.

"Where do you think San is?" Seoho asks, pouring himself a drink (juice) from the dispenser.

"How do I know?" Joong taking a sip of the soda

"Listen Joong, I get you're angry at San but I got a really really bad feeling. I think he's in trouble. I talked to him when I went to school on Tuesday and he kept pleading with me to believe him and that the poisoning wasn't him. Joong I don't think all these poisonings are by San. I think the target is San. We need to go look for him." Seoho begged, snatching Joong's cup out his hands, putting it down on the table.

"Fine, we'll go but we are coming back here if we don't see him for 8 minutes." The two went out of the building, just walking around. When they got to an alleyway a voice called from behind.

"Where are you two going?" A low boy's voice called from behind.

Turning around they met Felix and Changbin's eyes. "Oh Felix, Changbin. What are you guys doing? Have you guys seen San at all?"

"San? You shouldn't worry about him. We took care of him." Felix and Changbin started backing Joong and Seoho into the back of the alleyway.

"Um guys, what's going on?" Joong felt his skin crawl as fear started to seep through. Seoho strategically searched for a way out but the only way was to charge through a gap between Changbin and the wall. As an attempt to escape he charged as fast as he could just to get tackled by Changbin, slamming Seoho to the ground.

"Leave him alone. Please, he doesn't have anything to do with whatever you guys are after. Please, let him go. I beg you, let him go." Joong begged, clinging onto Felix's suit sleeve.

"Don't worry. We won't go too hard." Felix harshly shoved Joong across the floor. Then both Felix and Changbin rolled up their sleeves and put on gloves with metal stud-like spikes. They both started throwing punches, Felix handling Seoho and Changbin handling Joong. Quickly bruises started to pile up on the two boy's skin. Bloodied and in pain. As Felix and Changbin beat them up, they told the whole story of poisoning and everything in between. "It was so fun seeing you blame your friend, San. He was the only one who had an idea what was going on. And you guys just threw him away. It was so funny. I mean not complaining though. It made our plan easier."

"So it was you all along? How could you?! I trusted you guys!" Joong shouted trying his best to fight back but kept failing.

"I couldn't believe my eyes when you two left the building! If you guys didn't leave, I had to lure you guys out one way or another! But thankfully you did it all by yourself and now the real fun begins back at the building." Felix cackled.

"Please stop!!" Joong and Seoho screamed as loud as they could but Felix duct taped their mouths and continued beating them until their clothes were tattered, skin a bloody mess, harsh dark bruises covered their bodies.

[ Back at the building ]

Hwa was standing next to his uncle and Woo, talking, when his uncle pulled his arm, leading him away.

"Boy, read this note out loud." The uncle stuffs a piece of paper in Hwa's hand then picks up a mic for Hwa.

"Um ok..." Taking the mic since it wasn't uncommon for students to make a speech.

A/n: Keep in mind Woo is in front of Hwa

However Hwa's entire body froze looking at what the note said. He tried to search for Joong or Seoho or Felix but none were found in the crowd. Glancing back at his uncle who was smiling evilly, sneakily sliding a knife out his pocket for only Hwa to see with the word "Woo" on his knife. Meaning if Hwa didn't read this note, Woo's life would be in danger! "Read it Hwa. With passion. Like you mean it!" Putting the knife back into his pocket. Hwa's body shook uncontrollably.

"I-I have a word to say." Hwa started into the mic but barely with tears at the brim of his eyes, shaking like a leaf in the fall until he thought of the knife. He felt his heart beat faster and faster as people stared at his direction. "Thank you all for such an amazing year. I want to thank my friends for their friendship. Also for my uncle who has been supporting me throughout."

At this point, all of the words Hwa spoke, Woo knew something was not right. He knew what Hwa's uncle did to him. He would NEVER talk about his uncle like that. EVER. Woo knew he had to do something but the moment he moved an inch, a hand grabbed his wrist. Looking up to see a man a few years older than him, keeping him in place. No matter how hard woo tried to escape the man's grasp, he wouldn't budge. 

Hwa's speech continued, "If it wasn't for them, I would not have friends. I'm sure some of you know I have a boyfriend named Wooyoung but the thing is, I never consider him my boyfriend! I lied! Every time we spent time together, I hated it and thought how could anyone love this person! Since the day we met I had hatred towards him. I was a damn good lair. I was playing with him the whole year. I'm NOT gay! I think they are disgusting and every time I spend time with him I want to vomit. I hated it all this time! I succeeded in fooling all of you. I NEVER LOVED HIM! He is weak, he is a twisted person who just wants to wrap everyone around his little finger. YOU ARE DISGUSTING WOOYOUNG! I am BREAKING UP WITH YOU JUNG WOOYOUNG!" Hwa finished as people gasped, stared, some cheered, some booed, many started murmuring to each other. Hwa dared not to look at Woo who stood teary eyed. Hwa couldn't take it anymore and ran away from the place. Not long after, Woo ran after him.

Hwa's leg could no longer carry him so he had to stop. He crouched, head buried in his knees, crying loudly. Every piece of him emotionally hurt from the words he spoke in front of his boyfriend.

"Hwa. HWA. HWA!" Woo screamed just behind him. "Hwa, tell me it's not true." Woo begged as he pulled Hwa's shoulder to get Hwa to face him. "I know you Hwa. You would never say that. I'm the one that supported you, not your fucking uncle. Tell me that's just some kind of sick joke. If you tell me that right now, I'll do whatever you want me to do. I'll forgive you, I'll do anything. Just tell me that it's not true. SAY IT SEONGHWA! WHY AREN'T YOU SAYING ANYTHING!" Woo yelled so loud that Hwa sobbed harder as Woo did the same. The two were a crying mess, eyes puffy and red, their nose running yet none of them cared at this moment. All of a sudden Woo fell into Hwa's body as an embrace. "Hwa please say something. This is just a nightmare. We have to wake up"

Woo's eyes widened when he felt a force pushing him away. Hwa shoved his boyfriend's hand away from his. "I'm sorry. Everything I said was true. I faked everything but you're right you did support me but I didn't feel that way to me. Every time I was with you, I was always on edge and I was scared and sick. I just can't love you. So stay away from me. Please."

Woo subtly shook his head not believing a word he said yet a part of him did. Especially the last sentence Hwa expressed. With his world shattered along with his heart, Woo spun around, leaving Hwa there. 

Yet again Hwa bursted into tears, running away. There was nothing Hwa could do. His heart broke into millions of pieces.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 273 27
Choi San and Jung Wooyoung are best friends and teammates in ATEEZ, affectionate and loving with each other and their other members. When a confessio...
11.7K 256 51
Hongjoong X female reader He's the most wanted pirate captain, wanting money She's a princess, wanting freedom from the castle she's stuck in. After...
38.5K 2.4K 28
Wooyoung was unlike anyone he'd ever met, and it was becoming increasingly obvious to San that he wasn't sure where the hell this was going. What Woo...
5.2K 472 27
Forced to be together for the sake of the public eye, Jung Wooyoung and Choi San have been wrapped up in a scheme to bring their parent's million dol...