'Inflamed Passion' A Damon Sa...

By ElleMiglioranza

Inflamed Passion is the 7th book in the series of 'Epic Love Saga' New Years Eve was a wonderful night for Da... More

You Shoot Me Down But I Won't Fall.....
Life Is Like Diamonds In The Sun..... And Diamonds Are Forever.....
There Only Love..... No Bitterness.....
What Are We Fighting For.....
Too Much At Stake.....
I Take Care Of You.....
Where Are You Now When I Need You.....
Detain The Dangerous.....
Author Note **Important Information**
Beautiful Monster.....
We Got Bad Blood.....
Love Is No Fairytale.....
Don't Try & Fix Me.....
What Are You Going To Do Now?.....
I Pick My Poison And It's You.....
We Used To Have It All.... But Now's Our Curtain Call.....
When I See You Again Part 1.....
When I See You Again Part 2.....
'Say You Love Me' Preview.....

Wrapped Up In Lies & Foolish Truths.....

1.5K 90 31
By ElleMiglioranza

Isabella P.O.V

After Klaus rescued me from that psychopath loon Kai I wanted to put a few thing straight cause what happened in New Orleans had played on my mind. Then the whole text flirting I just knew if I let it carry on I'm the one that would get hurt. Klaus had this deep and meaningful relationship with my mom and hearing the story I kind felt a little weird about the situation. As much as I was trying to get out how I understood that what happened between us was a moment of madness. I was giving him the option to just walk away that he didn't need to explain anything that I understood that nothing could actually happen between us. Well I was silence by him kissing me which really took me by surprise I guess it was his way to say shut up Isabella. To be honest I didn't mind whatsoever because he just took away all my insecurities that I had about this. The thing about insecurities have the ability to shape and mould our minds to live with everything that's bad; like crying on the inside, while smiling on the outside...thus creating pain...but I have the answer; forget about what you thought and enjoy, embrace, what you feel. Right in that moment all I was feeling was for this to never stop there was something about Klaus that drew me to him. I guess like a moth to a flame kind of feeling you know it's bad and the outcome may not be good but you just can't stop it.

So what happened since the great rescue? Well Klaus and I really got to know one another. Hearing about the life he lived for a thousand years was tragic but also a beautiful story. Of how these siblings stood side by side no matter of the dastardly deeds. All that mattered was this oath they took Always and Forever. They took it literally and some people may think like are these guys crazy to put up with all this whereas I thought it was powerful stuff. I enjoyed being in his company just being around him I felt intoxicated and that resulted in missing a lot of calls from my parents. Which resulted in a lot of angry voicemails and texts. I'm telling you now when you hear you dad yelling down the phone demanding where you are it kinda doesn't want you to reach out to them. I was having me time getting to know this amazing guy and getting educated at the same time. I know I was being selfish and I should at least call them to say I was okay but I was so wrapped up in what was around me. In one weekend Klaus took me to places that I dreamt of going to beautiful pictures scenery art galleries. I even learnt that he was quite the artist too. Even though how great all this was going deep back in my mind I knew that my parents wouldn't accept this. But this was my life and I choose the path I wasn't going to have anyone dictate to me no longer. I was happy and nothing was going to burst my bubble.

Last night it was perfect as Klaus brought me to San Francisco to my surprise and just before the sun began to set he brought me to Golden Gate Bridge. I expected us to watch it from the cliff nearby but I was wrong. He asked me if I trust him, of course I told him trusted him. He pulled me close to him which made my heart skip a beat the next thing I felt a breeze. As I opened my eyes I saw that we were on one of the ledges of the bridge. I look and I saw a blanket and a bottle of champagne and two glasses. Apparently he had set this all up and I didn't think that he could be so romantic but I was proven wrong. We both sat down and watched with an unwavering gaze, as a fiery red orb of light slowly sank beneath the horizon. A threads of light lingered in the sky, mingling with the rolling clouds, dyeing the heavens first orange, then red, then dark blue, until all that was left of the sunset was a chalky mauve that melted away in turn as stygian darkness took over the sky. Sequin-silver stars like the glowing embers of a dying fire winked down at us, illuminating the atramentous curtain of sky. Then suddenly the clouds parted, and I found myself looking at a lustrous, argent disc casting brilliant rays of moonlight onto the dark grounds.

Talk about perfect night. Right? Well it was soon ended as Klaus reminded me I needed to get back and stop avoiding my parents. I guess he knew them a lot better than I did. He brought me back to my dorm and then there was that awkward moment. I didn't want him to leave and the next thing I knew, he had slammed his lips to mine and nearly knocked all wind from my lungs. I hardly had a moment to react before he pressed his tongue to the seam of my lips and, at my grant of access, delved inside my mouth. My arms reached up and tangled around his thick, strong neck. In an instant I had pulled away and arched up into his broad chest, moaning in the contact of body heat against my own, before I drew back into his lips. I could nearly feel the slight burn of the champagne as it rolled off my tongue and seeped down my throat with every push of his tongue against mine. One moment we were standing the next I felt the softness of the bed tearing one another clothes off. He whispered my name as our bodies touched slowly, we became entwined our hearts fusing into one. While our bodies moved to the rhythmic sounds of the murmurs of sweet nonsense in our ears. His tongue carved every inch of my body like a chisel. His kisses were long and deep I gasp for air. As we moaned... louder he thrust.... Deeper. We moved...faster, lost in time then without control, our bodies exploded. Leaving us limp while we lay still with arms and legs tangled. Listening to the satisfied sounds of the beating of our hearts deep into the silence of the night.

"Isabella..." I woke up to a knocking at the door and my mom voice which made my heart jump right into my throat. I didn't expect her to turn up at my dorm well I was stupid to think that because I have been avoiding her call because of the fun I was having.

"Oh god it's my mom you've gotta hide" I expected him to use his vampire speed to like vanish instead he laid in my bed with a smirk and an amused look. None of this was actually that because if my mom saw him here all hell might break loose and today wasn't the day for that.

"You must be joking" He spoke as I pushed him out of the bed towards the closet. Klaus might not be used to this kind of behavior but I did want them to find out about this relationship with him casually laying in my bed.

"Isabella.... Are you awake?" Once again mom called again and this was getting beyond awkward with Klaus snickering as I picked up his clothes. For a thousand year old vampire he was certainly getting entertained by my behavior.

"Does it look like I'm kidding" I pushed his clothes into his arms as he continued to smirks. I think Klaus need a slightly reality check of who my mom is and what she can do even with an original vampire. "You want my mom you know the dimidium sanguine to find out about us in this way?" The smirk dropped from his face as I grabbed his shoes and threw them into the closet. "Thought as much" He was about to speak but I closed the door and rushed to answer the door to my very impatient mother. "Hey mom sorry I was sleeping" She walked passed me entering the room. She didn't looked too pleased and it probably do with my lack communication. So here come the motherly waft and I hope it won't be too painful and embarrassing considering Klaus will hear everything.

"You been AWOL for last few days. I've called your cell countless time." She spoke in frustration as she looked around the room. "When did you get your own dorm? I thought with us getting our home back that you-" I could see she wasn't best pleased with me getting dorm here but all that travelling was a pain also the fact I wouldn't be able to have these rendezvous with Klaus under my mom and dad roof played huge factor. They get all parental on me especially my daddy dearest.

"Okay I get your mad-" She gave a significate look which indicated that she wasn't mad. "-Okay pissed. I just needed some time alone you know be like any other young adult my age. Then whole Kai taking me and using me as like his magical punch bag-" I hoped that she could understand where I was coming from because life hadn't been that easy for me. Since finding everything out my brother alter ego tried to kill me then Kai saw me as exactly that a freaking punch bag.

"Look sweetie I get it. The thing is your dad. You know since what happened with Nico and its total over protective father mode" Okay I can get her point knowing my dad he probably been on her case about my whereabouts. Actually I didn't blame her for being a little testy right now. "So what are you going to be studying?" She was about to open the closet and I stops her going to open the door.

"Majoring in Occults." I smiled at her while I stood against the door hoping that I didn't give away that I'm hiding a guy in my closet. Not just any guy either. "I thought might as well be clued up with certain aspects" I wanted to be educated considering the way I brought up well you can't even say I was brought up. I was magically new born baby to full grown young adult in short space of time not like I was educated like normal children. My mom was sitting on my bed and I notice that she was deep in thought like something was on her mind. "You not just here about me not answering your calls is it?" I knew that look that she was giving and it meant something was on her mind.

"It's Nico" I walked over and sat next to her on the bed. I know Nico was my mom biggest concern right now with everything that happened to him who could blame her. "Lucile did it his back to his old self it's just-" I stopped her in mid-sentence cause I knew who was the issues.

"Dad?" She nodded. There had to be something we could do to help Nico he made this huge discussion to get rid of this side that he didn't want no more. I get that but my mom couldn't really show him the way of him trying to embrace all this because in her eyes it's her son. Then there was my dad who can't stand the sight of him cause he don't believe that his Nico. Which he was right at the time but I don't see that changing so he was out of the question. There was someone else that I thought would be perfect to help Nico I'm just hoping mom will be onboard. "Mom listen Nico needs to get to grips with this whole vampirism. I was thinking why don't you ask Klaus if he will help Nico." She looked at me a little skeptically as she probably thought that was the last person I would mention. I needed to give my reason behind it before she asks questions. "I mean his like an original vampire if anyone can teach Nico how to embrace all this it would be him" She looked at me frowning and I just hope she would consider it. I know Klaus cares about my mom and over the last few days he had asked how she been getting on with this Nico situation. As he was so concerned about dad getting hold of Nico being out of the state of Virginia and in New Orleans just seems like a good idea.

"Nic?" She questioned me and I nodded my head as I thought it was a good idea. I didn't see the negative side to this. Like I said Klaus had like a thousand years of how to do this maybe his known as the bad guy but he told me about Marcel. The young kid he practically brought up as his own and he turned out to be a good guy.

"Like aren't you two best buds" She sighed as I'm guess he knew I was right that maybe Nico being far away from all this was best. "I'm sure he will do it" My mom began to chuckle as I sounded so confident about Klaus doing this but I knew he would. For my mom but also for me. I know I don't know my brother but he really needs a break and someone just to guide him through all this.

"You met Nic once. How can you be so sure?" She was right how I would know if he would do this but something told me he would. I just wanted to take this one worry away from her. I just wanted this family to be back to normal... Whatever normal actually cause I don't have a clue but this division that around now needed to go. This suggestion was for Nico best interest that it and no one else.

"I'm excellent at reading people" I smiled at her as she chuckled and shook her head. I get told a lot that me and my mom are alike and I'm guess the way I'm being right now is every much like her.

"Okay I'll call now-" She spoke as she pulled out her phone and I saw Klaus phone was beside my bed.

"You know what mom... I just realize I have class" She seemed a little startled by my outburst for a moment but put her phone away and gets up from the bed.

"Okay sweetie. Please come to the house to shut your dad up please" I nodded as I walked her to the door. I would have hated to imagine what would happened if I didn't see his phone and all the questions she would have asked. That is seriously what you call a close call for real.

"I will. Bye mom" I opened the door and she stepped out into the hallway.

"Bye-" I closed the door and rested my forehead on the door trying to stop myself from having a panic attack from the thought I nearly getting caught.

"Excellent at reading people?" I heard Klaus speak from behind me. I turned to see him lying on the bed with a devilish smirk on his face. "I'm sure he will do it? You're rather confident with yourself" He spoke as I walked over to the bed I think I forgot he was listening for a moment when I made that suggestion.

"My mom worried sick about Nico." I climb on the bed straddled him as I think some sweet talking was in order right now. "I know you will be great mentor for him." I smiled as Klaus was about to speak his phone started to ring and he grabs it from the side. He looks at the screen before answering.

"Siena what a pleasant surprise" He spoke all pleasantly as he looked at me arching his brow. I'm hoping a little tag teaming with my mom and myself might convince him to do this. "Of course you can ask me anything. What can I assist you with?" I smiled at him sweetly as I knew mom was going to work her magic on him something told me he won't be able to say no. "Although I'm flattered are you certain that I'm the right person considering your whole family and friends always consider me as the bad guy" I gave him a pleading look as I did he shook his head fighting a smile. "How could I say no that? I'll make arrangements" He hangs up on her. I didn't know how to thank him for willing to do this. Some people may think that this was a bad idea but I felt that it was a great one as I had a very positive feel about it all.

"I don't know how to thank you" I honestly didn't know how to thank him because with Klaus helping Nico in the process it was helping my family. That what all this was about fixing everything that is broken around us like I have a seriously huge list of repairs. Nico going to be checked off and then to my next victims so to say.

"Well-" In one swift swoop Klaus was on top of me with wicked smiled across his face as he leaned in. "You can start with this..." I looked up at him, his soft blue-green eyes already locked on mine. He ran his fingertips up my forearm, leaving a trail of goose bumps blooming in their wake. He brought his hand up to cup my cheek, his thumb running along the curve of my cheekbone. I nestled into his hand, feeling his warmth seep into mine. Klaus leaned in, lips parting slightly, his eyes flitting down to rest on mine. His kiss was soft, but urgent. Our lips moved in unison. This was the one thing that I loved about Klaus that everyone thought of him as the bad guy but family meant a lot to him. That was a quality I admired because I knew there were certain rules. 1 Put the other person first. 2 Speak with love. 3 Tell the truth. 4 Mind your manners. 5 Make the right choice. 6 Be courageous. 7. Guard your heart. 8 Forgive freely. 9 Always do your best 10. Be thankful. I think I covered most of those to help my brother now the next step was convincing Nico that part I'm uncertain about.

Damon P.O.V

I had three major situations going on with my life right now that I didn't know how to deal with. One being the fact that my daughter done another disappearing act. Two my son has some craze accent dude that takes possession of him wanting to kill magic and the woman I love. To be honest I didn't expect life to be like this with one issue after another I just wanted a semi-peaceful life with Siena and my kids. It don't work like this in this world that all a fairy-tale there will always be some bad guy wanting something. So evil deed plotting away and this was the world we lived in and I just have to accept it. The only good thing right now is that Kai is dosed up and unable to suck the magic out of anyone. He is in a comatose state with curtsey of his twin to make sure all that magic he sucked up from the travelers spell was gone. So that was the one piece of good news right now.

This situation with the kids was getting to me and like always when I'm frustrated I take it out to the ones closest to me. Aka Siena. I needed to stop it because it was driving a wedge between us. I was concerned for Isabella and I knew Siena was too but yelling and shouting at her wasn't the way to do things. You know what I look back to when we first got married I was frighten as hell to have this huge commitment. I had this carefree vampire life for over 140 years and then suddenly one girl changed it all. Being married was different not what I expected. Marriage is a place where the savage winds cease, where no clouds can block the warmth of the evening rays. It is a place where the sun may set with not fear of the darkness to come. Where one soul can whisper to another in a language only its mate can truly hear. A place where togetherness means peace. Even with all the trials and tribulations that we had gone through Siena and I had stuck it out. She was my saving grace cause not matter how much I was a dick about all this stuff going on with our kids she remained calm and collective.

This morning Siena received a phone call that Isabella was back after disappearing for days on end. I wanted to go and have a stern talk with her but Siena thought it would be best if she went. I didn't argue with her because I knew she be able to handle the situation without it getting out of hand. All I could do today was babysit the magic sucker make sure he was dosed up not waking up anytime soon. I received a call from Jo asking me to come and see her to do with this patient that Caroline had apparently cured. So I went down to the Whitmore medical and check on this mess that Caroline had caused. Like what the hell she was she thinking? I told her that never in the history of vampirism had cancer been cured with our blood. So I need to know what the situation was and how we could fix it. I waited in one of the rooms while she went to get some kind of results, after a few moments the door opened and Jo walked in.

"I had Duke over Colin's medical records. This head scan is from earlier this week." She places another scan on the board. "This one was taken right here, ten minutes ago. See all that red?" I looked and it didn't take a genius to figure out that wasn't a good thing.

"Well, I'm no doctor but that guy is screwed." It was like the vampire blood excelled the cancer cells. God how freaking stupid was Caroline to even do this?

"So the blood didn't heal him, it sped up his cancer and killed him." Stefan was a douche he should have kept an eye on Caroline and her crazy theory. What the hell were they even doing at Duke? I really didn't' need this right now I have a comatose Kai and a daughter who been avoiding me that I need to find.

"So now, I have a stage 10 cancer patient. Which, by the way, doesn't exist. Who is beyond terminally ill and a vampire, meaning all of his emotions are heightened and he can't die." Well Jo had a point in everything she said but I didn't get why the hell I was here as I had my own issue to deal with.

"Hey, no offense, but could someone tell me why I was called down here to listen to the story of Colin the Cancer Vamp?" I looked at the both of them as I did the door opened and Liz walked in with a slightly worried expression on her face.

"Because Caroline fed me her blood last night. So the same thing is gonna happen to me." I felt speechless after hearing that. How stupid was Caroline to risk her mom life?

Her recent actions have made me questioned her actual sanity. With all that happened with Nico and allowing him to go ahead with that stupid transition idea. Look what happened with that and now this? I thought Caroline was smart that she understood that most things come with consequences. Even like someone like myself who know to be reckless would have waited before plying her with vampire blood. So now we needed to figure out a way from stopping all this from happening. I swear if I was Caroline I would stay the hell away from me today as she literally signed her mom's death sentence. Jo had Liz put into a room to monitor her and see what solution she could come up with. As she was doing that I called Siena to see where she was update her on what stupidity Caroline had done.

"I understand your angry cause Liz is your friend but Caroline was doing what any of us would do to try and save someone they love" Siena Salvatore the voice of reason even with something as stupid as this she had a way to sugar coat it. "I finally got hold Isabella-" I had to stop her there because right now Isabella Salvatore was not in my good books. From the moment that she was save from Kai it's like she's been avoiding us. Not coming to the house not answering her phone something was going on that she was hiding from us. Avoiding is a huge indication of hiding something.

"What does she have to say for herself?" I tried to keep my tone normal because it wasn't Siena who I was mad at right now. I felt pretty guilty because I had been taken it out on her which is something I shouldn't be doing. Siena been all calm about it all and I know at some point she blow and we will end up in a huge fight. That is something I don't want because I hated it when all that Nico stuff happened. I finally got her back she's herself and I don't want our new memories to be all about arguments.

"Damon seriously there no need to go all protective father. She's fine and trying to live a normal life outside the supernatural world we live in" Yeah I liked the sounded of all that Isabella having a normal life but she can't not with her being our daughter. Look at our son he tried to be normal and look what happened to him his locked up like a loon. "Is that what you want for our daughter to get an education to experience human life? To live it all to the fullest" That's the part I didn't like. I know what these college kids are like and what they get up to with this whole YOLO (You Only Live Once) motto.

"Yeah and everything you mentioned leads to alcohol and-" I began to say but Siena stopped me in mid-sentence.

"She's going to have a normal life Damon and you need to accept that." Siena stated firmly it looked like she was Isabella side on all this and they both thought she could have a normal life. Well I'm going to be realistic about all this because I don't see the supernatural world stopping because she wants a human life. "I need to do something but I'll come down to the medical center if you want me there" Siena spoke snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Princess of course I want you here." I guess she thought we were having an argument right now even with me trying not to do that I seem to fail. I really needed her here with all this that was going on with Liz kind of stirred up old emotions. "To be honest with all this happening to Liz it's bring back memories" I'm not one to show my emotions or say what on my mind but this was Siena I knew I could be an open book with her.

"Of your mom?" Siena asked. I didn't like to speak about my mom after what she did to Siena and Nico and as much as I wanted to hate her for everything she did. A part of me couldn't all those months locked in 1994 I tried to think of why she would do that to me to my family. All I could come up with there had to be more of a reason than Elijah.

"Yeah but not like she deserve a thought" This was a sensitive subject and I didn't want Siena to think that I felt some kind of remorse to her after everything.

"Damon regardless of everything she was your mom you can grieve" See this was one of the billions of reason why I fell in love with Siena. She had this kind and forgiving heart and so much compassion even to a woman who didn't deserve it. "I'll be there soon" I hung up on her and made my way to Liz room and stood outside looking through the window where Liz was lying in bed, hooked up to machines and sleeping. I heard footsteps and I saw it was Jo who was holding a folder in her arms as she looked through the window at Liz.

"Medically speaking, this is our best option. If vampire blood is the issue, then a full transfusion of human blood might stabilize her condition." She didn't sound confident enough about this like she had already given up hope.

"Please, sound less confident, Doc." I spoke sarcastically as it was the only way for me not to blow right now because all this was getting a little too much.

"Look, we are in uncharted territory here. This isn't just a medical problem, Damon, it's a magical one." Jo didn't get it if this was magical and she was meant to be a witch she was perfectly qualified to try and fix Liz.

"Well, then you're uniquely qualified." I smirked while she gave me a blank expression. "Witch-doctor and all." She stood there looking at me skeptically for a moment. Hopefully trying to figure out a witchy way of fixing all this.

"Now you believe in my magic?" I nodded and she gave me one of her death glares. "Gee, thanks. Unfortunately, this goes beyond any witch ability I've ever heard of. But please, if you have a better plan, I'm all ears." She turned away and walked away. Nothing was getting resolved here and I had no idea of what to do to help. I thought with Jo being part of the almighty Gemini coven would know something. I couldn't look at Liz like this no longer so I took a sit in the waiting area to try and figure out something that might help if the transfusion didn't work. I heard the sounds of heels I looked up to see Siena looking a little flustered as she walked in. I stood up and she rushed over and hugged me it was one of those hugs that was really needed right now.

"Hey." She spoke as she pulled away. "How is Liz?" I notice that her cheeks were flushed as if she had been rushing around.

"Hey, the blood transfusions are stopping the cancer from eating her alive? Or hey, is there a sheriff-sized space available in the family crypt?" In all honestly I wasn't taking all this well. Liz was a good friend and probably the only one that hadn't hurt in some way. She was pretty important to me as she had been there for me especially when Klaus took Siena and Stefan. Then when Siena passed away Liz was a real shoulder to lean on with words of comfort.

"I don't know. I just saw Jo's. She told me that she is still running some tests to find that out. She should be out in a minute." Siena wrapped her arm around my waist as she leaned her head on my chest in a comforting way which felt nice. I knew she was here for Liz as Siena respected her but she was here for me too cause she knew what Liz meant to me.

"Liz and I are pretty close." I felt a lump build up in my throat "I mean, as far as humans go, she's...tolerable." Siena looked up and gave me a small smile.

"I know how much you care about her, but we all do. So if there's anything we can do to fix this, trust me, we will." Once again Siena trying to see the whole positive side to all this and maybe I needed to adapt to her attitude.

"Yeah I know" As I looked up I saw Jo comes in, but only sighs meaning that it didn't work. Some people walk into our lives and leave footprints on our hearts. Others walk into our lives and we want to leave footprints on their face! Liz wasn't a person who I would want to leave a footprint on her face. She was someone who I wasn't prepared to let go. Death. It's around more than people realize. Because no one wants to talk about it or hear about it. It's too sad. Too painful. Too hard. The list of reasons is endless. Death is never easy when you know the people doing the dying

Siena P.O.V

Living in the boarding over the last few days hadn't been great and that down to the fact that Isabella had done another disappearing act. I understood that maybe she needed some time out after what Kai did to her that she trying to adjust to this world we live in. Whereas Damon going all protective father saying that something may have happened to her. I tried to brush that off for a while because I knew Nic had saved her and when I spoke to him about Isabella whereabouts. He just told me that Isabella wanted a little time away from Mystic Falls. I wasn't happy about this and it wasn't Nic fault that she decided to do this nor was it his problem either. In between Damon rants I began to do a little investigating on our daughter and as it turns out that she had signed up at Whitmore. Not that was a bad thing because I wanted her to have a normal human life and live like any girl her age. I knew trying to find her would be like a needle in a haystack so I compelled a few students to be my eyes and to call me if she turned up. The only pleasure Damon had these days in between asking where Isabella was, was dosing up Kai to keep him down. Personally I wanted to kill the asshole for what he did to Isabella but Jo pleaded for his life. So I warned her if Kai does anything else to hurt my family I will not hesitate to hurt him. I meant every word of it he won't get another free pass.

So it was another morning telling Damon to calm down on this Isabella issue when I received a phone call from one of the kids I compelled. Apparently my daughter had acquired a dorm of course I didn't tell Damon about that but that I know where she was. The whole drive to Whitmore I had this whole argument planned in my head. How she was irresponsible and making us worry and all I could think of was I sounded like my parents. Shouting at her wasn't the way to go but try and talk to her explain what she did was wrong. So when I got to her dorm room and she finally opened the door I tried to be that stern mom but that wasn't me. More than anything I wanted my children to have a normal life and that included Nico. But now his like me I didn't know if he could have that life. During my conversation with Isabella she brought up that Nico should go and stay with Nic. I was a little taken back as Isabella hardly knew Nic and anyone else would think I would be mad to let Nico go to New Orleans. I knew Nic differently, I saw the good side to him and the kindness he can show but chooses not to. The way he raised Marcel as if he was his own and turned him into the man he is today just swayed me more to ask him for this favor. I wanted to call him while I was in Isabella dorm but she had to get ready for class so I called him when I got into my car. Of course Nic needed his ego boosting before he accepted but he was the right man for this. I knew that in my heart because Damon will not take Nico under his wing and help him deal with this huge change. As much as I love Damon I didn't trust him not to do something to him not as long as he had that knife in his possession.

I began to make my way to Richmond as Nic told me that he be there shortly. I took all the long routes as I wanted time alone to think of what I was going to say to Nico to convince him that this was for the best. As much as it will break my heart with him not being here I know that Nic will be best mentor for him to deal with what going on with him. Damon called me and updated me on this cancer vampire situation and what I heard shocked me. Caroline thinking she had cured cancer fed her mom her blood but the thing is she didn't cure it she accelerated it instead. Damon wasn't taking this news well because Liz was important to him he may not show it. He does get attached to people and she was one person that he admire more than anything. All this that was happening was bring up old memories for him of when his mom died. Natalia was a very selfish woman and only thought about herself but she was always there mom. I did what I did because of what she did to Nico to allow his darker side to him to come to the surface. Also I didn't want Damon to feel that he can't grieve for her because he could cause not matter how bitter she was at the end of her life she was his mother. I assured him that things will be okay that I would be with him shortly. I didn't want Damon to know yet about Nico leaving and that Nic would be the one helping him. There too much going on right now to deal with and he don't need this neither do I. I arrived outside the station and parked up. I got out of the car and began to make my way inside. As I entered I was surprised to see Nic here already then again he knew much this all meant to me.

"Nic thank you for coming" I spoke as I approached him. Nic was always there for me no matter what and with him doing this I couldn't thank him enough.

"Well it wasn't like I could refuse your offer" Nic spoke in cheeky manner and he turned to the window facing an old investigation room where Isabella talking to Nico. I couldn't help but smile as I watched the two of them. "They been talking for a while getting acquainted" This was all I wanted for the both of them to get on like any other siblings. I didn't want them to be how Damon and Stefan were when I first met them or like Nic and his siblings always plotting to take each other down.

"That's all I've ever wanted for the both of them to be there for one another" This was a moment that I had been dreaming of since Isabella came back into our lives. "I hate the fact that I've brought all this on them" That how I felt because if it wasn't for me and who I was they wouldn't of been stuck in this world. That why I was so adamant that Isabella lives a normal life because I honestly don't know when the next enemy will attack. I want her to have some normality and with Nico I think going to New Orleans will help him a great deal. As my smart daughter put it all across Nico needed to embrace who he is now and I trust with my son with Nic and that he will not allow no harm to come to him.

"Siena all of this far from your fault-" Nic began to say but I had to stop him because I knew he was only try to make me feel better.

"You don't need to be kind Nic. I know is because who I am that the both of them are vulnerable. Nico with this darker demeanor of Nickar. Isabella-" I couldn't even finished my sentence because I honestly don't know what the future held for her. In Nico short life he had been through a great deal and with how they both take away and had their growth accelerate meant something.

"Well they could have been two human normal teenagers getting into drugs and whatnot" Nic turns me to face him "Children human or supernatural all face trials and tribulations but I assure you-" He turned me to face the room that they were both in. "Those two over there will withstand any of that because they are the children of Dimidium Sanguine." Nic spoke with passion in his voice as I looked at my children and saw exactly what Nic spoke of. How Isabella held Nico hand as they spoke. How Nico was listening intensely she was getting through to him. I guess it wasn't about how long you known someone but the blood that ties you.

"Do you think Nico will come with you?" That was the big question that was running through my mind as from the moment Isabella mentioned it. It was the only way to get Nico stable and with what going on with Caroline I'm not sure if he will leave. I was unsure once he knew about her mom dying if he would leave.

"Your daughter can be very persuasive" Nic spoke snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him and he had his typical smirk on his face. "A talent she adapted from you and not magically" I couldn't help but chuckle. I could see that Isabella had all this in hand so I wasn't needed here and with Damon sounding upset about Liz I was needed their more than here.

"I need to go but will you keep me updated?" Nic nodded and I took a final look in the room before leaving.

When I arrived at the hospital as I suspected Damon wasn't taking all this well. I wanted to be there to support him and stop him from hurting Caroline as he was really pissed about what she did. I mean I could understand why she did it, if I was in her situation I might have done something crazy like that for my parents. Now with the blood transfusion not working it looked like all hope was lost. I had to stop Damon from beating up the vending machine. So I told him to go and get air because if he was to see Caroline right now I think he may do something stupid. Once he was gone I went to check on Caroline as Elena told me she was here but avoiding everyone in the process. I looked around and I finally found her by vending machine near this Colin room. I walked over to her and I see she was frustrated who could blame her. I know the right person for her right now was Nico but that wasn't going to happen so she stuck with me.

"Hi." Caroline kept looking at the machine with annoyance.

"Hey. The coffee machine's broken. Seriously, what kind of hospital is this? If you can't fix a coffee machine, then how are you supposed to be able to fix people?" Caroline didn't look good like she hadn't fed in a while and maybe it was the last thing on her mind right now considering what she did. I wasn't going to allow her to waste away or was I going allow to blame herself for all this.

"Sure you don't need some real food? There's probably a machine around here that vends" I whispered as I leaned into to her. "O-positive." Caroline sighs and leans against the vending machine.

"I screwed up. Big time. Why did I feed her that blood?" She was going to beat herself about all this but there was no point in doing that it was done. She thought she was doing the right thing she saw Colin heal and just thought vampire blood was the solution.

"You were trying to help. You were doing what any daughter would have done in the same situation. You were finding a way to save her. You couldn't have known of the consequences" She shook her head in disagreement. But it was the truth if something like this happened to my mom or dad I wouldn't be thinking straight and if I saw what Caroline saw I might take the risk too.

"No, I was trying to fix something that I had no business trying to fix. It's like textbook definition of control freak from Hell." I wasn't really getting through to her and maybe I was the last person to be speaking to her considering our recent history. I needed to put all that aside as this was the girl Nico loved and I needed to be there for her regardless is my feelings.

"Listen I'm probably the last person who you want here but you need to hear me out. You are an optimist." Caroline sighed as that what she was she always a positive outlook and that what was needed now. "You wanna believe that anything is possible and that is exactly what your mom needs to hear right now. Okay?" Caroline nodded as she approached the window of the room where Colin was in. I stood behind her I could see that he was in immense amount of pain. As Colin was stabbing himself in the chest with a metal bar. Caroline and I entered the room closing the door behind us.

"I can't die." He pulls the bar from his chest and drops it on the floor. "Why can't I die?" He yelled at the top of his voice. He looked terrible like decomposing as the tumor was spreading.

"Hey, hey. Calm down, calm down. It's okay. It's okay." I spoke as I approached him raising my hands up as I really didn't know what I was dealing with right now. As this Colin guy wasn't like any vampire that I had come across and I knew his emotions were heighten so it just made him more anxious.

"It's not okay. I'm in agony. I can hear my tumors growing!" He stabbed himself with the bar once again as he backed away from us and of course it didn't do the trick. He pulled out the bar and throws it across the room in his rage making Caroline jump.

"Okay, we'll try to help, but just please stop hurting yourself." Caroline was clearly emotional right now and see Colin like this wasn't helping with the situation with her mom. Cause knowing that that the transfusion didn't work this could be Liz in time and Caroline not aware of this yet. Colin vamps over to Caroline and grabs her arms.

"You wanna help me? Help me die." Colin collapses and Damon is standing behind him, holding Colin's heart. With the same angry expression on his face that he had when I told him to get some air.

"Why the hell did you do that?" Caroline yelled at Damon who just glared at her and my only concern right now was if he was going to do the same with her. So I stood between them to stop that from happening.

"He made a wish, I granted it." He drops the heart on the ground like it was nothing. I know Damon was acting on his emotions right now between what going on with Liz and Isabella recent behavior.

"God." Caroline was about to walk out of the door when Damon stopped her.

"The blood transfusion didn't work. So you didn't just kill him, Blondie." Damon growled at her which was totally uncalled for because she didn't need to be told that on top of everything else going on.

"That's enough, Damon." He didn't need to do this to her as she was blaming herself enough for what she did.

"No, it's fine. You know, he's just saying what everyone else is thinking. I killed my mom." Caroline pushed Damon off her leaving slamming the door behind her.

I tried to reason with Damon to make him see that he can't put all the blame on Caroline but would he listen? No. So I had to walk away from him before it became a huge fight which was something I didn't want. I went to check on Liz and I saw Elena sitting outside her room. Liz was like another mom to Elena since her parents passed she told me about how much she helped with Jenna. I guess all this was just as hard on her as it was for Caroline.

"Hey" I took a sit next to her and she gave me a small smile. "I know this is all difficult for you-" I began to say but Elena stopped me in mid-sentence.

"I just don't get why Stefan didn't stop her" I had heard that Stefan was at Duke with Caroline but I have no idea what he was doing while Caroline was feeding Colin her blood. "Like his 165 years old. He worked as paramedic.... I just don't understand how he didn't stop her" Elena anger wasn't just related to all this and I knew that because I knew she was still in love with him. With the way he treated Elena over the months when we thought Damon was dead was unfair but the one thing I knew was he was trying to win her over. With whatever kept him distracted at Duke must have been important as he wouldn't just left Caroline alone not in the state she was in.

"Is this about what Stefan did in Duke or is it about Stefan actions in general over the last few months?" Elena looked at me and her expression confirmed my question. She was mad as hell at him and she had every right to be she lost her sister and was grieving as much as Stefan. Then again Elena wasn't thinking that my return may have tipped Stefan off the edge.

"Siena I can somehow get why Caroline did it. It was a huge risk.... But if Stefan was there like the guy we all used to know would have been it wouldn't have happened. It's like-"

"You don't know him anymore..." That was the reality to all this Elena felt she didn't know Stefan and maybe his actions of late weren't like him. But he was still Stefan and since Damon return you can see that person slowly coming back.

"Exactly and I feel that I'm in love with a ghost of the person he once was..." She needed to stop clinging to the past because that nor helping her move forward. We all make mistakes and it take a big person to try and forgive and I know Elena can be that person she just needs a little reminding.

"His still there and I'm sure he has his reason why he wasn't there to stop Caroline" I heard my phone beep and I saw a message from Caroline asking me to meet her at a flower store not too far from here. Which I thought was odd but she was reaching out to me so that was a good sign. "Just do a me a favor hear him out Elena. We all know how precious life is-" I looked over at the room where Liz was still unconscious in. "-We don't know how long we will have someone in our lives." I got up from the bench. I hoped that some of that went into her mind because one thing I learnt is life to short that someone can be in your life one moment and taken in the next. "I need to go and do something but I'll be back. Just think about what I said" I gave her a kiss on the cheek before leaving. I just hoped she gave Stefan a break and stop searching for the guy she use to know and embrace the guy he is now. 'Cause I have a feeling that Stefan needs Elena as much as she needed him right now. I left the medical center making my way down to this flower store that she asked me to meet her at. I had no idea why she wanted me to come her or why she chose me out of everyone. As I walked in I saw Caroline is browsing flowers, she looked up and smiles.

"Good, you're here. I actually need a second opinion. I kind of like this because sunflowers are her favorite flower, but at the same time, I was also thinking maybe they're a little too over-the-top cheerful for a memorial service." She walks over to the roses. "So this was the second option, um, because roses are classic, right? I mean, especially in this shade of pink. Obviously, I would change out the vase, but-" Caroline looks over to me as I was just watching her as I couldn't believe that she was picking out flowers for mom when she wasn't dead. There was no way that we were just going to give up in defeat well I certainly wasn't. "If you're thinking of saying something to make me feel better, don't. I don't deserve to feel better." That was something I wasn't going to do because nothing that could be said could make her feel better about all this. I know what it feels like to blame yourself for someone death as I did that with Thea and even Blair. It doesn't help all your doing is beating yourself up and it won't change anything that happened.

"I wasn't." She smiled as she continued to look through the flowers.

"Good." I needed to try and get through to her because what she was doing wasn't what was needed right now.

"I was actually thinking that you have far more important things to do than plan a memorial service for your mother. Who's still alive, by the way." She was reacting like she was gone already. Caroline needed to be with her mom and cherish being with her. I know Damon not going to give up in finding a solution none of us were. So Caroline trying to arrange all this was a waste of time because Liz wasn't going to die.

"Yeah, but all of this still needs to be done, right? She's not gonna want to live out the rest of her life as a vampire in excruciating pain. So I should do something that I'm good at, instead of making everything worse. Which arrangement?" She wasn't listening at all god I forgot that Caroline can be so stubborn. I wasn't going to choose an arrangement when it wasn't needed.

"Caroline, you took a risk. It didn't pay off, but you did it out of love. You made your mother sicker, okay? But what are you gonna do now? Are you just gonna bury your head in the sand?" That was exactly what she was doing and she needed to snap out of it because it wasn't helping.

"I don't-I don't know what to say to her." This was her guilt of what she did talking but Liz right now didn't need us she needed Caroline.

"You don't have to say anything to her. Just sit with her." Just that alone will be a comfort for Liz and also Caroline because she will only regret her actions if she carries on like this. As I looked at Caroline I could see that she was on the verge of tears.

"I can't. I can't even face her." That what it came down to her guilt was stopping her from spending time with her mom. "What if she can't forgive me? I wish Nico was here" She started to cry and I didn't know what to do. Maybe Nico was the perfect person for her to have but my son was dealing with his own issue right now. As much as Caroline needed him I needed him to get better to be the man that she fell in love with. That can only happened with him going away and finding the person who he is.

"She doesn't think there's anything to forgive. She just wants you to be with her." Caroline looked at me hesitantly "I know you want Nico but his dealing with his own issues. So you're stuck with me" I held my hand out as I did Caroline give me a small smile as she takes it and we both left the flower store. Today we fight. Tomorrow we fight. The day after, we fight. And if this disease plans on whipping us, it better bring a lunch, 'cause it's gonna have a long day doing it.

Damon P.O.V

I'm tired of being told to keep my temper in check. What Caroline did by feeding her mom an amazing woman her blood had seal her fate. Like how stupid can one person be? Of course Siena found some sort of justification for her actions and I didn't see any because a few rooms down there was a cancer vampire who was in annoy due to Caroline. Like stage 10 cancer how horrifically painful can that be and that was going to happen to Liz. Jo had one option right now and that was to give Liz a transfusion. Siena arrived and I felt relief because I needed one of her hugs right now to calm me down because I felt like I was going to blow. Then when Jo came out and told us the blood transfusion didn't work that topped it all off. I knew Caroline was somewhere in this hospital and I was restrain myself from hurting her. Siena knew this too and warned me not to do anything stupid. So she went off to go and speak to Caroline as she was feeling sorry for herself. I sat there in the waiting area thinking everything over that Liz had 8 hours at the most left to live. I wasn't going to keep tiptoeing around Caroline I wanted to let her know exactly what I thought.

So I went looking for the both of them and I heard from Colin Cancer vampire room as I entered Colin was yelling at her asking what had she done. I did the only thing I could and answer his request and ripped out his heart of course Barbie wasn't happy about it. But that when I made my feeling very clear to her that she just gave the same fate to her mom. Of course she stormed out and Siena wasn't best pleased but I felt kinda good after doing that. Siena needed to understand what Caroline had done to her mom but our friend. I had to get out of there because I caused further damage because right now my emotions were heighten with all this bullshit that going around. So I left to go back to go and give Kai another does to keep the dick down. As I entered Ric apartment I heard a beeping noise coming from the room where Kia was. I was went to investigate I saw Tyler taken off the oximeter from Kai's finger; beeping noise was from that. I watched as Tyler keeps unhooking wires from Kai, I don't know what the hell he was doing but I wasn't in the mood for this.

"Bad timing, Lockwood. I'm in a mood. What the hell are you doing?" I vamp-sped over to Tyler, grabs him by the throat and slams him against the doorframe. "I'll make it easier on you. I'll give you multiple choice: A) I'm being an idiot. B) I have anger issues and I'm a puny human now and I have to pick on people while they sleep. C) A and B are both correct." Tyler breaks loose and starts coughing. I don't know why he was planning of freeing Kai but he better have a good explanation because I'm quite happy to kill him in the mood I'm in.

"Liv's dad is in town." He spoke as he still trying to gasp for air. What the hell is their dad doing in town?

"Really?" He was busting Kai out of here because their dad popped into town highly unbelievable.

"She's trying to convince him to let Jo and Kai do the merge." Now everything was falling into place now. With Tyler trying to bust out Kai so regardless of what Joshua says Kai on the loose he do the merge saving Liv and Luke.

"Oh, so you just thought you'd come and grab Kai as a failsafe in case Papa Parker says no to Liv and Luke. You just turn him loose and he merges with Jo anyway, huh? While I appreciate your efforts, he's a psycho freak magic siphon. I'm not gonna just let you walk out with him." I stopped talking as something literally hit me as I was speaking to Tyler that will help Liz. I slapped Tyler on the shoulder. "I could kiss you right now, you beautiful moron." This was perfect and why didn't I even think of it all in the first place.

"What are you talking about?" I grabbed Tyler and vamped over to the bed, injecting him with the Pentobarbital, causing him to pass out,

"Yep, that stuff works really well. Nighty-night. That should keep you down for an hour." I took out his phone from his pocket as me and his little girlfriend need to have a little chat.

"Not a good time." She spoke a little frustrated down the phone. Sounds like papa Parker wasn't going with the whole merge pitch.

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that Twinderella. Big pitch going south, is it?" I bet she didn't expect to hear from me but if she thought her now human former werewolf was going to get Kai pass me then she had another thing coming.

"Where's Tyler?" She demanded. Oh she's doing the whole concerned girlfriend act how sweet.

"Well, the good news is, your boyfriend and I, I think, have come up with a solution. Now it's a bit of a Hail Mary, but I think everybody gets what they need. I just have to ask Papa Parker one question, so do you mind putting him on?" There was something I needed a little confirmation on and only he could answer that.

"I want to talk to Tyler." Oh that was going to be a slight issue but I'm not overly concerned about her or her lame ass boyfriend.

"He's, uh, out at the moment." Which he was as Tyler was having nap time. I began to search on my phone for celestial events that were coming up and one came up for tonight.

"Yes?" I heard that annoying voice of Joshua Parker the guy who tortured me on Thanks Giving. Yeah I still need to pay him back for that at some point.

"Hello, sir. Damon Salvatore here. We had Thanksgiving together. Anyway, I've been sitting here Googling celestial events happening today and I was just curious: Would a Mercury-Venus conjunction give you enough juice to do a little Gemini merge party?" I just needed confirmation that an event such as this would do the trick.

"Why?" He questioned. Well by the tone of his voice it kind of confirmed that it was the perfect event to get the balls rolling. Cause they're about to be a psycho Kai on the loose and he will want to do that merge ASAP.

"I'm gonna take that evasive answer as a yes. So, here's the situation: I'm gonna need you to use that planet party to merge your set of blonde twins ASAP. Because, well, unfortunately, your formerly comatose son is gonna be on the loose and Hell-bent on beating you to the punch." I hung up on them as I did I could see that Kai was coming around. "Rise and shine, you little weasel." It was so hard not to snap his neck for what he did to my daughter but right now he was going to put his weird ability to some use. Kai tries to use magic on me but it has all drained away while he was sleeping. "Oohh, trying to pop a blood vessel in my brain? Sorry. Not gonna work. Looks like all that magic you sucked up drained away while you were asleep, which is good for me. Don't worry, I know where you can get more." Kai sits up and laughs once, humorlessly.

"You really think I'm gonna trust you?" Kai spat. Well feel was mutual as neither of us trusted each other.

"No. And I'm not gonna trust you. I just happen to need a magic siphon and you're the only game in town." Kai looks down at Tyler and hops over him, off the bed.

"Hi." He waves at Tyler then to me "Let's discuss my fee." He spoke with a smirk on his face.

So the arrangement was that Kai sucks out the magic that the vampire blood held in Liz to stop the cancer accelerating. He can do his whole merge with Jo but I was hoping that Joshua was a step ahead and getting the wonder twins set up. When we arrived at the hospital Siena was there apparently she had words with Caroline. I wasn't overly concerned about that right now my focus was on getting Liz back to her normal self. When I told Siena about my little idea she didn't seem too happy about it especially with Kia involvement. It was the only thing that could save Liz from becoming what Colin the Cancer vampire. I didn't want her to go out like that not only for me but everyone who cared about her Liz didn't deserve that. So after finally convincing Siena we went into the room and explain everything to Liz who was quite happy to go ahead with this. Which surprised me to be honest but maybe it was a way to stop her daughter for feeling guilty. Kai walked over to the sink to wash his hands like a douche. I heard my phone beep and I saw that it was a text from Isabella.

Isabella: Hey dad. Mom paid me a visit this morning and said you've been worried. Just finishing up class and I'm coming over to the medical center. Sorry for worrying you xx

"All right. I need a 12-gauge needle, stat. I don't know what I'm gonna do with it, but I need it." Kai stupid comment stopped me from replying back. Like in all my years I have not met someone who is such a dick.

"You're not a doctor, so stop playing games. I will rip your head off if you screw this up." Siena threaten him which made her look kind of sexy. I like her when she all bad cop but this was serious and we were talking about Liz life here.

"What she said. So do your stupid little magic-suction trick and suck the magic out of her. Right now." He looked between Siena and I arching his brow as he seemed unimpressed with our actions but did I care? Hell no.

"I get what you two see in each other. It's very dys-FUN-ctional." He starts laughing and I didn't see what was so funny as what Siena and I had was far from being dysfunctional. "See what I did? Stressing the 'fun' in dysfunctional-" Thank god Liz interrupted because I was ready to go all murderous vampire on him.

"Just get on with it, Kai. Listening to you talk makes me wanna die." Even as bad she was Liz still had humor and honestly being around Kia really does make you wanna kill yourself. I spent short time with him in 1994 and believe me suicidal thoughts were there.

"That's good." Kai spoke amused as he puts one hand on Liz's arm, the other on her cheek to suck the magic from her. Liz was wincing in pain which concerned me.

"Is it working?" I asked as Siena looked at Kai intensely as if she's about to pounce him at any moment. She didn't trust him as much as I did especially after what happen with him taking Isabella both of us are restraining from killing him.

"I have no idea." Siena spoke not tearing her eyes from him. As I looked up I saw Jo enter the room as soon as she sees Kai she stops in horror.

"What the hell is going on? What is he doing here?" Jo demanded but I wasn't going to answer her on this one as this seemed to be working. Didn't need Jo to be getting all judgy about who is actually stopping Liz from turning into a crazy cancer vampire.

"Hey, sis. Little busy. Be with you in a jiffy." Kia spoke with sarcasm as he continued to suck the magic out of Liz all I hoped that this was working because we are out of options.

"Siena?" Jo glared at her but still Siena eyes didn't move from Kai. She really had him locked in her sight that if he messed up she was going to make him pay.

"I'm gonna let Damon explain." I looked up to see Jo giving me the death glare which made me feel a little unsettle. I knew she wasn't going to be happy with what she about to hear.

"Yeah." I began to make my way out of the room. I followed Jo into another room as I turned to face her and attempt to explain what was happening. Jo gave me that look of disapproval and annoyance.

"Have you actually lost your mind?" Jo raised her voice. I needed to explain to her what was going on here.

"Hey, shh. Listen. You told me Liz was gonna die in eight hours if the magic kept doing it's thing. He steals magic. You made it through med school, I figured you knew where I was going with this." Like was so hard to figure out Kia was a solution to stop Liz turn all crazy. I will not allow her to go out like that and I don't care if all this was hurting Jo feelings.

"If you think Kai is doing this out of the goodness of his heart, I can assure you: he doesn't have one. What's the price?" She was right none of this was not out of the kindness of his heart.

"He wants to merge. Tonight." Jo stood there stunned with what I had just told her and I knew she wasn't ready for this merge. But this was down to her Liz dying painfully or the Parker's getting there little merge fix.

"I can't merge tonight. I'm not ready." That was obvious the state of my home and how there burnt marks pretty much everywhere in my living room.

"You almost burned my house down. Don't you think I know that? Luckily for you, it's all be taken care of." I smiled at her but she didn't look happy in the slightest with my great news. I wasn't going to have Ric hate on me for getting his girl killed so there had to be an option two.

"Damon, what the hell did you do?" She demanded I went to open my mouth to speak, but I felt a sharp pain in my neck before passing out.

Siena P.O.V

After my talk with Caroline I finally got through to her. She couldn't think of her mom being dead already because Liz was still alive and kicking we weren't giving up in saving her. So I told her to fix herself up before seeing her because she was in a real state after she broke down. I felt sorry for her because no one should go through this pain of seeing the one they love dying and being in pain. I guess we all want for the ones we care about to die in their sleep peacefully in no pain. I know that when the day came that what I would want for my parents to just drift away in a dream. It's just that word cancer. When a doctor passes those words pass his lips it's like a splinter inside the patient causing more pain than the cancer. Terminal. Hospice. Comfort care only. He's telling them that there will be no more walks in the park, no more birthdays with their love ones and they won't see another snow season. Their life from here on was surrounded by four walls and pain medication until they die. That the sad truth to this disease that has turned into what seems like an epidemic as it's touched so many families around the world.

I promised Caroline that I would stay with her mom until she returned. As I entered the hospital I see Damon with Kai and I flipped out because as far as the agreement was not for him to be walking and breathing. Damon stopped me from hurting him which pissed me off more than anything. Then he began to explain why he woke Kai up. Damon seems to think that because Kai can suck the magic out of anything that holds magic that he can remove the amount of magic that killing Liz from the vampire blood. It all sounded possible and maybe our only hope but I didn't trust Kai not one bit, it was our last bit of hope. We all knew that Liz would die that the Cancer eating away but we couldn't let her go like Colin did. Of course Kai was being a dick asking for stuff that he doesn't even know and I really had to keep my temper in check. Liz was happy to do this and I knew it was to take the guilt away from Caroline if this worked. So I had to respect her wishes that all I could do. As Kai placed his hand on her Damon was nervous beside me asking me if it was working. I had no idea if it was working or not but something was happening right now. Then things turned south when Jo came in and asked why her psycho brother was here. I left Damon to explain that one to her cause I didn't trust not to do anything once he was done. Damon and Jo left while I stood there watching Kai like a hawk still sucking magic from Liz; he finishes and pulls his hands away, flexing them.

"There. All done." Kai spoke as he pulled his hands away, flexing them. I didn't like any of this but it was the only solution I'm hoping after all this it actually worked.

"Siena? What the hell is he doing here?" I turned to see Elena who looked pissed off with the fact that Kai was in the facility.

"He sucked out the magic out of Liz" Elena face was filled with horror but I didn't have time to deal with her I needed to know that Liz was okay. "Liz, hey. How are you feeling? Are you okay?" Please let this have worked because if it hadn't then... I don't even want to think about the alternative to all this.

"Yeah. Yeah, I think so." I looked up seeing Elena smiling and sighs in relief. A loud noise came from Liz monitor I looked at the screen and her heart rate was accelerating.

"Oh, my God. I think she's having a heart-attack." Elena spoke in a panic. No this can't be happening right now not after Kai sucking out the magic that was killing her.

"Oh, that is so tragic. You know, 'cause you guys jumped through hoops to get the magic out of her system, but then her ticker's just not strong enough to take a little siphoning." Kai spoke smugly which annoyed the hell out of me as he was making out that this was our fault now.

"Kai, you have to fix this!" I went to go and grab him but he disappeared leaving us alone. I turned to see Elena doing compressions on Liz, who clearly wasn't responding.

"Stay with me, Sheriff. Just...breathe!" Elena spoke as she continued to bring Liz back around while I was frozen on the spot. The door opened and Damon walked into the room with a worried looked as he saw Elena trying to get Liz heart beating.

"Siena, hey. What happened?" He stood at the bottom of the bed his face was white as a sheet as he could see more clearly what was going on.

"It's her heart. I'm losing her, Damon." Elena spoke as she continued trying to bring her back around. I wanted to help or do something but I've never been in a situation like this and it wasn't just anyone laying there it was Liz.

"Okay, no offense Elena, but I think we need to get a real doctor." Damon voice was dripping with sarcasm to hid his actual worry which wasn't needed right now.

"So find one! Now!" I yelled at him, Damon rushed out of the room. "Elena please tell me she going to make it" Elena didn't answer she was fully focused on trying to revive Liz. Damon enters with a doctor.

"How long has she been down?" He questioned as he approached the bed rolling a defibrillation behind him.

"What's does that mean? Dead?" Damon asked and I could see that he was getting frustrated with the medical terms but right now wasn't the time for him to be like this.

"I-I don't know." I couldn't even think straight right now, doctor started to charge shock pads. "Maybe I think it was a minute. It feels like an hour." Damon pulled me into a hug as we all watched him getting ready to shock Liz.

"Clear!" He shocks Liz and nothing, he tries again and I could still here the heart monitor still flat-lining as I buried my head into Damon chest. I've seen death before I've even taken someone life but this right now was different. I moved my head and I see the Doctor shocks Liz again, but it doesn't work; Elena was standing there alone on the verge of tears. I moved away from Damon and went to comfort her as Liz was like family to her and I knew that Elena didn't take to stuff like this well.

"Uh-uh. Hey, I compelled you to save her." Damon grabs the shock pads and shoves them back at the doctor. "Unless you want me to gouge your eyes out, I suggest you keep working. Here." Damon wasn't going to let this Doctor go until he got Liz back.

"I've done all that I can do. She's gone. I'm sorry." Damon steps towards him and I thought he was going to hurt him but instead he compels him.

"Get out of here. Forget you're a total failure." The doctor leaves and Damon throws down the shock pads.

"No, no." Elena got out of my grip and starts compressions again. "I will not let this happen. Wake up!" Damon gave me a significant look and I walked over to Elena and put my hand on her back.

"Hey, she's gone." I tried to keep my voice steady as I was speaking to her. Liz body had been through enough and whatever Elena was trying to do wasn't going to bring her back.

"Come on." Elena was listening as she continued. The door opened I looked up to see Caroline comes in. She sees what's happening and runs over to her mom.

"No, no! Mom, mom!" Caroline starts shaking her mom in hopes that she would come around but it was all too late. "Mom, mommy! No, mom, no." She starts crying as the three of us stood there hopeless not able to do a thing. We are these immortal being and none of us could do anything to save Liz. "Don't leave me, please. Please, no. Please don't leave me, mom." Caroline sobs over her mom body. Life is so cruel to allow someone as good as Liz to be taken away while there people out there who do so many evil things and still breath. The heart monitor starts to beep as if there was a heartbeat I looked over at Liz as she began to stir.

"Mom?" Caroline looked at her mom with widen eyes as Liz slowly began to open hers and a smiled appeared on her face.

"It's okay, baby, I'm right here." Caroline cried into her mom chest with relief. Elena walked out of the room crying and I couldn't be here no longer. I was happy that Liz was back but this was a moment between mother and daughter.

"Where you going?" I called out to Elena. She stopped and turned around with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I need some air or some water or something. 'Cause...she almost died in my arms, Siena. Caroline's mom almost died in my arms." I walked up to her and hugged her. Elena did everything she could to help bring Liz back and maybe if it wasn't for her efforts. Elena pulled away and wiped her tears "I'm going get that air. Thank you Siena..." I was a little confused why she was thanking me because I didn't do a thing in there apart from shout at Damon.

"I didn't do anything it was all you" Which it was and from what I witness Elena was going to make an amazing doctor one day.

"I just mean thank you for being a great sister." She gave me a small smile before walking away. I was left a little lost for words as I haven't done anything to be this great sister.

"That was intense..." I heard Damon speak from behind me and I turned to face him. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked as he moved the hair from my face. Was I okay? I was really far from being okay right now as all this that happened just showed me that none of us are invincible.

"Just everything that happened in there I just froze. There was nothing any of us could do to bring her back" That what got to me more. I'm meant to be this dimidium sanguine and there was nothing I could do to help Liz.

"She okay now..." Damon pulls me into a hug and it felt nice to be in the safety of his arms. All I wanted was to go home and just forget this day even happened.

"Mom, dad is Sheriff Forbes..." Damon and I pulled apart to see Isabella standing there looking a little frighten.

"No sweetie she's okay" Damon hugs her and I notice Nic and Nico from a far. Nico gave me a sorrowful look that when I knew that Isabella updated him on the Caroline situation. "What the hell is he doing out?" Damon raised his voice as Nico walks away and Nic steps in front of Damon stopping him from going after Nico.

"Let the boy be" Nic stated firmly as they stood nose to nose.

"Klaus I'm giving you the count-" Damon warned him but I needed for this to stop as this wasn't the time or place for Damon and Nic to have one of their show downs.

"Damon, that Nico. Not Nickar but Nico our son" I needed to get that through Damon head because he has been fixated that it was Nickar and for a time he was right. Now he was gone and this was our son and he needed to accept that and be the father he once was to him.

"Daddy his only here to see Caroline" Isabella spoke up. Nico had decided to leave a part of me was happy but the other part was sad because he would be half way across the country. I'm just hoping between her and I we can make Damon see reason that Nico is back for good.

Nico P.O.V

When I woke up from what I thought was a nightmare I came face to face with some blonde woman and I had no idea who she was. Once she calmed me and explained what had happened I was left speechless. As I didn't recall waking up from when my grandfather killed me. It was like I was trapped in my worst nightmare where Nickar took over but in reality it all actually happened. I was stupid to even of done this and all the hurt and pain I had cause my parents and Caroline because of it. Lucile in dated me with everything from how my baby sister went through the same fate I did with having her childhood. The fact that Nickar attacked her and that my dad was mad as hell with what happened. She spoke of how my mom did everything she could to get me back like she didn't back down. As she began to unfold the moths of my life that I wasn't aware of I just felt sadness flowed through my veins and deadened into my mind. Nickar was a poison to my spirit, dulling me killing off all my other emotions until it was the only one that remained. It was as if a black mist had settled upon me and refused to shift, and no matter how bright the day was I would feel no sun and hear no bird song. For the world was lost to me and I knew of nothing that would bring it back into focus. Cause my life would never be the same Nickar had cause far too much damage. Whatever repairs to relationship I had done it had all be ruined. This sadness I felt was like death by a thousand paper cuts, for every time I remembered everything I loss from Nickar actions it was another cut to my already damaged mind. Internal pain. A disease. A disorder. Things loved most are thrown aside, trashed from the mind. Memories covered and caked with evil, darkness, and greed. Sorrow is the new smile in my eye. Tears replace the sunshine. And life is dark, for what seems to be forever.

I didn't want to see no one least of all my mom and I made that clear to Lucile. I couldn't face no one not yet as I needed to try and grips to this hunger I had. All these emotions I was feeling were all overwhelming and I was frighten of what I may do. Today a visitor came that wasn't leaving and that was my little sister Isabella. She came along with Klaus which surprised me I guess it was more for protection for her. As I looked at my sister her shiny chestnut hair, her dimples, her beautiful green eyes. Her strong, athletic build she looked so much like our mom. She had that gift of talking people round too just like her. When I held Isabella when she was born I didn't imagine her to look this beautiful. Actually I don't know what I thought she would look like but here she was sitting across the table from me stating her pled. It was strange I had only just met her but I felt an instant connection with her like I knew her my whole life. Isabella thought it would be a good idea for me to leave and go to New Orleans to embrace this new me. At first I thought it was a good idea with what she told me about how things were with mom and dad it was best thing for me to do. Then she told me about Caroline and how her mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

That kind of changed everything now because I couldn't leave not seeing Caroline to tell her how sorry I am for everything I've done but also for her mom. Klaus wasn't too keen on the idea as he knew my dad would be there and cause a scene. If my dad wanted to beat the crap out of me I deserved it after everything I put him through. I watched as Isabella spoke to Klaus and I could see she convince him to allow me to do this. That if I was planning to leave I need to do this or it would be hanging over my mind and it wouldn't help. So we left the jail that apparently I had been in for last few months. We made our way to Whitmore where Isabella had her own dorm so I could shower and make myself more presentable.

On our way to the hospital I felt a string of emotions as we got closer to the medical centre. That when the anxiety began to kick in when I saw my dad and the look on his face just said it all. When anxiety and fear grab me by the tongue and dry my mouth I didn't panic anymore. I've been there before I know the feeling, and knowing it makes it less scary - I am all the stronger for my battle scars. So instead of letting it take me down I tell myself everything will be alright. I remind myself that I am a good person I do good things I have a heart full of love and there is world is full of good people out there. Fear can only hold me back, stop me from reaching my goal. I can't say it never comes again, but each victory gets a little easier. I walked away from the commotion as Klaus assured me he had my back and made my way to Sheriff Forbes room. I wasn't sure what kind of reaction I was going to get but it was time for me to stop hiding to face my demons. I stopped outside her room and looked through the window and she looked like another person. Looking so weak and fragile. Caroline wasn't in there but I needed to just say my final piece to her and apologize for my actions towards her and her daughter. I place my hand on the handle and took in a deep breath before opening the door and walking in.

"Hi Sheriff" I wasn't sure how she was going to take to me turning up here but I couldn't leave without see Caroline and making sure that her mom was stable.

"What are you doing here...." She seemed alarmed and who could blame her Nickar had pretty much ruined everything for me here. So this reaction of horror is expected and made me more determined to fix what had been broken.

"I'm me Sheriff" I spoke as I approached the bed and all I could see was fear in her eyes and that upset me because that look right there brought even more guilt to the surface. I had to stop that I couldn't continue to feel like this because those actions weren't mine. "Mom had her friend fix me no more Nickar" She laid there looking at me skeptically for a moment then her face began to soften. I wasn't used to see her like this Caroline mom was always this strong person a Sheriff who upholder the law. Now she was laying here fighting for her life something I thought I would never see. "I ju-just came here because my sister told me about every that's been going... I'm so sorry" I didn't know what else to really say. What do you say to some who dying? There isn't any words that can be said to make the pain go away or the disease disappear. Sorry just seems like the fitting word at times like this.

"Your mom never gave up in bringing you back" She smiled, which meant she believed I wasn't lying about who I was. "So, looks like we can cross miracle cure off the list." When Isabella told me about what Caroline did I honestly didn't know what to think. It was crazy of her to do that but then like me and my sister agreed we would have probably done the same for our parents. Even with my dad hating me so much right now I would do anything for him.

"Must be some other option." There had to be some other solution maybe I could talk to Isabella or Klaus there had to be some magical solution to all this. I know vampire blood didn't work but it's the 21st century if Jonas Salk found a cure for Polio. There had to be a cure for Cancer out there.

"I need you promise me something." Sheriff asked taking me out of my thoughts.

"Okay." I had no idea what she wanted me to promise but I would try and keep to it if I could.

"When I'm gone, Caroline is gonna need you. Even if she doesn't know it. She's gonna need someone to help her move on with her life. Someone to just make her smile." She started to cry. "Promise me that you will do that, Nico." I felt frozen on the spot as I didn't think that she would ask something like that from me considering everything Caroline and I had been through. I was about to speak when I felt someone grab me and I was pinned against the wall in the hallway with a very pissed Caroline in front of me.

"Hey the hell are you here!" She slammed me against the wall again. What I remember Caroline had every reason not to trust me but I wasn't here to fight with her. "Did your sick twisted mind come here to kill my mom?!" Caroline growled at me and I could see all the hatred rise to the surface. The last thing she needed was me coming here but I had to come here because if I chose to walk away and not see her it would have only hunted me.

"Care I know your mad and you have every right to be-" I began to say but I was silenced with a punch to the face by her.

"Just drop it Nickar you've fooled me one to many time with your Nico act" Caroline spoke bitterly but I needed to convince her that Nickar was gone that he wasn't going to come back. Lucile made sure of that I was me and I will always be me.

"I get you don't trust me. Lucile fixed me I'm Nico" This is something I knew that I would be saying a lot as Nickar had caused so much damage to all the relationship I had. That the chances of them being repaired was looking less likely.

"Like I haven't heard that one before" Her voice was dripping in sarcasm. I was about to speak when I saw Isabella a few feet away from us with a concerned look on her face.

"Nico, Klaus is waiting" Isabella spoke as she looked between Caroline and I. She told me that Caroline wouldn't react well and she was right but I needed to confront her to make sure what the right thing to do was.

"Klaus? Wonderful Nickar and Klaus tag teaming sound like disaster" I felt a sharp pain in my chest as I looked down to see that punched into my chest. She had her hand around my heart gripping on to it tightly.

"Caroline! What the hell are you doing?" Isabella yelled as she came closer as she did Caroline tighten her grip making me groan in pain.

"Getting rid of the problem" She spoke through her teeth. I knew that Caroline couldn't hurt me she was just letting out all the pent up anger out.

"That's my brother. Whether you believe it or not that is Nico" Caroline began to pull on my heart as she slowly began to pull her hand out. "I swear to god Caroline-" Isabella threaten her but I didn't want her to be involved in all this this was between Caroline and I.

"Is-Isabella le-leave" She stood there with a stubborn look on her face. "Go!" I yelled at her taking her by surprise. She slowly turned and walked away I need to deal with this and not have my little sister fight my battles. "Yo-you ha-have every right to want to k-kill m-me" I turns position so Caroline back was against the wall and in the process loosen the grip of the hold Caroline had around my heart. "But we both know Care I'm not like other vampires" I spoke as Caroline panting. I was like my mom killing us wasn't about ripping our hearts out because it was impossible to do so. There was only one weapon in this world that could kill us and Caroline knew that all she wanted to do was inflict the pain on me as I had done to her. "I can't stay here not after everything. I'm leaving for New Orleans as bad as you think Klaus is his actually going to help me through this." Caroline turned her face so she wasn't looking at me. "I want to be the man that you fell in love with" Caroline turned back to face me with teary eyes. "I'm so sorry for all the pain I caused you" I lets go of her and starts to walk away because this was the right thing to do. I had caused her too much pain and I meant what I said. I want to be the man she met and the only way I could do that was to walk away and learn to be that in this new form.

"Bu-but I-I need you. My-my mom. Sh-she dying and I need you here" I stopped in my tracks but I couldn't look at her because I knew if I did I wouldn't leave. I would stay because of her and all this wasn't just about her it was about my family and her. "Please stay" She called out and it broke my heart to hear her pleads but I had to walk away. I didn't give up, I walked away I had enough of accepting actions that were less than I deserved. So... I made a conscious choice. To honour myself. Before complimenting another and if that's what; has made her undeniably mad. Then I know, the history of our connection is hidden in the truth of my heart and regardless of the outcome, I have made the right choice for me. "Nico..." She called out again and I had to restrain myself from going back but this was the right thing to do. One day, someone will walk in your life, make you feel special about yourself, love you in your simplicity and your doubts, laugh with you, cry with you, show you the way, and simply leave. What remains are just memories to cherish. Don't suffer in silence because it's over; smile because it happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9K 1.5K 16
Eternally Entwined is the 6th Book In The 'Epic Love Sage' Life for Siena and Damon Salvatore lives have taken a total 360 turn. At the end of the l...
36K 853 41
You always thought your love story was epic. It started with a boy and a curse. For centuries, it survived every obstacle. Until it didn't. What happ...
297K 5.2K 23
The squeal book to 'Epic Love' Damon Salvatore Love Story (Watty Award Finalist of 2013) Siena Russo originally from New York City comes to Mystic fa...
125K 3.6K 26
The 4th book in the series of the Epic Love Saga Things have taken a turn for the worse for Siena where she don't feel in control anymore.....the da...