Different World [1]

By KillerFrost298

We've been chasing our demons down an empty road Been watching our castle turning into dust Escaping our shad... More

DIFFERENT WORLD
Profile
Emma's Playlist
Graphics
ACT ONE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
ACT TWO
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Three

194 4 0
By KillerFrost298

Please Be Civil

Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real
-Cormac McCarthy

{Emma's Perspective}

"Does this have too much blue in it?" Lois asked.

I sat on the windowsill, watching as Jordan groaned leaning on the step ladder. I hit my head against the wall.  "I still like the Huntsman's Tribute" Clark shrugged from in front of me.

Both me and Jordan groaned, hitting his head off the ladder. I was too tired for this, she's been painting stripes of different colours for ages now. "Dad, I'm pretty sure that's just slang for 'poop' " Jon huffed from beside his father. "Hey" Clark said, obviously offended by the statement. I sat up properly, "I think the word you're looking for is crap" I smiled at the twin, earning a snicker from the brothers. "Jonathan, don't be gross" Lois raised her eyebrow at him, she even pulled the full name card.

"You" Lois pointed at me with her roller. "Watch your language" I raised my hand in surrender. "Sure thing Cap" I smirked at her, the twins getting my reference as they laughed.

"Also, he's not wrong" Lois told Clark. "Mom, can we just pick something?" Jordan asked, also wanting this torture to end. "Sweetie, this is an important decision" Lois defended, giving all of us a serious look.

"We're finally putting our own stamp on this house" Lois finished, making me roll my eyes at her. "If you'd make up your mind" Jon and I said together. Lois walked up to Jon and took a brush out of the paint she had opened. "Emma" Lois smiled sweetly, beckoning me over to Jon's side. I huffed, lazily walking next to the twin. She waved the paintbrush in front of our faces.

"What about this colour? You like this colour?" Lois asked us, looking at Jon and me in the eyes. "Yeah, it's fine" Jon shrugged at Lois, looking at me briefly. "Yeah?" Lois asked me next. "Yeah" I copied, not even sure why she was asking me. Lois nodded before she swiped the paint on Jon's clothes and my face. I looked at her, my mouth was now wide open.

"It's on" I let out a breathy laugh, grabbing a paintbrush and painting her hair with 'Huntsman Tribute'. "Anything but Clark's colour!" Lois shrieked as Jon and I chased her around the room.

Jordan and Clark began their own little fight before Clark had accidentally hit me instead of Jordan. "Emma I am so s-" I cut him off, grabbing Jordan's brush from his hand, striking him in the chest. I raised my eyebrows at him, silently challenging him. "Scared?" I snickered, waving the paintbrush tauntingly in his face.

Clark rolled his eyes before swiping my face with a pinky pale paint. We got into a little match while the twins ambushed Lois. Soon enough, I moved away, changing targets to the twins. While she was swiping Jon, I turned to see Jordan behind a very quiet Clark.

"Clark?" I called out before the man left in a large gust of wind. I was taken aback, not even noticing that Lois had pulled me back towards her. "That was fucking awesome"

<><><>

Now changed out of the painting attire, I brushed my hair as I entered the kitchen. "Hey, Clark" I greeted, smiling at the hero. I smiled at the twins before walking towards the kettle. "Wait, so you can hear every sound in the world at once?" Jon asked Clark, eating his breakfast.

"It's more like I hear all the fluctuations taking place in the collective sonic frequency" Clark explained poorly to the twins. "That makes zero sense to me" Jon stated, unhappy with the complicated answer. "He basically can hear everything but has to concentrate on the sounds he wants to hear. Like this conversation" I explained as best I could to the twins, tilting my head with a smile. "Very close actually" Clark commented as I sat next to Lois.

"So how do you tell between, like, someone in trouble and someone shouting for a taxi?" Jordan asked, his eyes shying away from me. "Well, it took lots of years of training at the Fortress, but that's where I learned to hone in on certain sounds, like people in distress" Clark told them, happy he could share this part of him with the boys. "Wait, be for real, though. What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever heard?" Jon asked.

I began to cough, almost choking on my coffee. Lois was quick to pat my back while she warned Clark not to tell the boys. I gave Jon the stink eye, "Did you have to ask?" I asked him, catching my breath. The boys looked at me with wide eyes. "You know" Jordan stated, with his stupidly cute smirk on his face.

I gulped, gulping coffee. "No comment" I held my hands up in defence. The boys groaned at my little betrayal. "Why? Come one, please Em" Jordan begged me. I laughed at his attempt. "I'd rather not get a lecture from yer ma" I smiled nervously, knowing very well that Lois could very well get me begging on my knees for forgiveness.

After Lois and Clark began their lecture on how Jordan needs to control his powers, a knock on the door echoed in the house. Clark went to answer. The twins gave me pleading stares, silently begging me to spill. "Keep looking at me like that and I will knock yer teeth out" I warned them, knowing that if a certain curly-haired boy kept staring I'd give in fairly quick.

Clark walked back in with a small parcel in hand. "Who's that for?" I asked, taking a bite out of some toast. Clark placed the package in front of me. "You" He answered with the same tone I had. I looked at him wildly, making an 'mhh?' sound. He nodded before sitting back in his chair.

I opened the parcel carefully, seeing as it was a brown paper-covered box. I gently shook out the contents, my shoulders dropping. A pair of rounded glasses, some of my rings from home, a photo and a note. "How the fuck did these get here?" I asked, recognising my flash ring. I picked up the note, hoping it would give me an explanation. I groaned as I saw the writing. "What's wrong?" Lois asked, looking at the odd array of items. "It's in Kryptonian. I can barely make out a few words" I huffed.

Clark and the twins looked at me in surprise. "You can read Kryptonian?" Clark asked me. "Yeah, found an alphabet online and learned from it. Living with six boys takes away privacy" I said, leaving the note alone and moving to the photo. It was me when a few years ago with my cousins, Adam and Jon Jon. I smiled fondly as we held put Junior Cert results with their arms around my shoulders.

"What's with the glasses?" Jon asked, noticing that I hadn't touched them. "They're mine" I answered him, picking up the dark blue frames. It had been almost a year since I'd worn them, hating the memories that came with them. "You needed glasses and you never told us?" Lois looked at me with concerned and angry eyes.

I only shrugged, "I don't really wear them" I told her. Clark was very unamused while the twins just stared at me in awe. "Emma, you need your glasses or else your eyesight will get worse" Clark told her. "I've heard it all before Clark" I told him, his words flying high over my head.

I picked up the note again, hoping to at least recognise the writing. "Anyways. Could you translate this for me? The only word I'm getting 'and' right now" I asked Clark, hoping to change the subject. Clark sighed before taking the note into his hands.

"Trust the unknown. Trust yourself. Let go of searching for answers and the answers will appear Elrisia" Clark read out loud. I felt my heart tighten and my gut turn at the mere mention of the name. I looked at Clark, "It says Elrisia?" I asked.

Clark nodded before handing me back the note. "Who's Elrisia?" Jordan asked me, looking at me before looking down at the note. "It's what my Mam used to call me when I was a kid" I mumbled loud enough for them to hear me. "Elrisia, why does that sound so familiar?" Jordan pondered.

<><><>

I walked down past the reception area, hoping to find the school counsellor's office. I came across the dark blue door that was described to me. I knocked on the door, waiting for a sign to come in. A blurry figure walked closer, the door handle turning.

"Why does this make so much sense?" I realised, seeing the school counsellor. "I do love the enthusiasm, Emma, please come in" Sienna smiled at me, moving aside to let me in. I walked into the pale grey office, the walls filled with inspirational quotes and mental health posters.

"Take a seat. Tea? Coffee? Hot Chocolate?" Sienna asked, walking over to her small little kettle. "I'm alright" I told her, looking around her desk. I noticed the many sticky notes stuck to the left side as many books piled upon one another on the right. I also noticed the music book wedged between a self-help book and a book about self-confidence. "You teach music?" I asked her as she sat down in front of me. Sienna smiled at me, holding her cup in her hands. "Let me see. I'm the music teacher, guidance counsellor, school nurse and I run detention" She listed with a smile on her face.

I was taken aback by the number of jobs she had in the school. "I know, how can she do it all!" Sienna exclaimed jokingly, doing jazz hands. I let out a small laugh at her. "How are you feeling?" Sienna asked, taking out a Marvel-themed notebook. I folded my arms, leaning back.

"On the verge of the next mental breakdown" I rolled my eyes at her. Sienna shook her head at me. She raised her eyebrow at me, closing her notebook. "I see how it is. You use humour to hide your trauma. Common coping mechanism" Sienna declared, copying my current position.

I smiled at her. Let's see how this goes. "Anything else?" I asked her. Sienna smiled at me, almost amused. "You are very cautious. Always looking after everyone else but never yourself. You get anxious around new authority and usually feel out of place in new settings. Like right now you're biting the skin off your lips because you know I'm right and just don't want to admit it" Sienna smiled triumphantly at me.

I gave her a little clap. "Faster than my last therapist" I commented, unfolding my arms. Sienna looked at me, surprised at my answer. "This isn't my first time. The last Therapist needed one after hearing the shit I went through" I huffed, remembering how frightened she was when reading my hospital records.

Sienna only smiled at me. "I'm not like other therapists or guidance counsellors. My home was taken when I was barely an adult. I lost my mother and my sister and I parted ways not long after. Once I was stable I moved here, became a counsellor and a teacher" Sienna smiled softly, a hint of sadness and regret in her eyes.

"You have a sister?" I asked, shocked by the news. Sienna seemed the only child type from what I've seen. "Mal, she's very... fearless for lack of a better term. What about you, any siblings yourself?" Sienna asked me, turning the tables. "I have an older sister, Kono. Her mother adopted me and my other siblings. Conner, the eldest, Antony was born after me and Sophie, my baby sister" I told her, playing with my silver bands. I'd never thought I'd see them again until that morning.

Sienna smiled softly. "Those rings? One of them gifted them to you?" She guessed, noticing my fiddling. "My brother was very sentimental. For Christmas, he got me four interlinking bands with their names on them. Kono, Conner, Antony and Sophie. Each band has a little saying on the inside" I explained, caressing the one with Conner's name.

"Mal and I have something similar, more permanent but just as meaningful" Sienna looked down at the back of her hands. She quickly shook her head, before looking back up at me. "I'll say we made good progress, how about we do this on a weekly basis? I'm sure Lois and Clark won't mind" Sienna smiled at me.

I shrugged, she actually kinda helped in her own way. "Sure"

<><><>

I looked at Jordan as he met up with Sarah. I don't even know why I'm trying when I know it's not happening. "Unrequited love" Jonathan jumped in front of me, a cocky smirk plastered on his face. I deadpanned at him, slamming the locker shut. "Fuck off" I scolded him. Jon didn't falter. "Why not tell him? I mean you clearly got it bad" Jon asked me, walking ahead.

"I still don't even know why I admitted that to you of all people" I groaned, zipping up my bag. I didn't hear from Jon until I looked up. I saw Sean walking toward Jordan. I tried to get to him as fast as I could before Sean could hit Jordan. "Hey, short stack!" Sean yelled, doing closer to Jordan.

"Why is it every time I see you, you're flirting with my girlfriend?" Sean grabbed Jordan by his jacket. "Oi! Leave him alone!" I shouted, trying to get closer as Sean threw Jordan up against the lockers. One of Sean's friends decided to hold me back.

"Look, I don't know what you're talking-" Jordan didn't get to finish his sentence as Sean punched him in the gut. Jon tried to save him but got held back like me, struggling against the fella's grip. Sean proceeded to hit Jordan, "First, you kiss Sarah, and now I catch you slobbering all over like a-"

"Hey!" I shouted, kicking the guy holding me in the balls. I quickly pulled Jordan back, seeing his eyes glow a faint red. "Get away from him!" I shouted before punching Sean in the face. He stumbled back, letting go of Jordan.

"You little skank!" Sean shouted as his lip started to bleed. Emma scoffed at him, stepping in front of Jordan. "Oh please, I've been called worse" I spat, raising my hands to protect my face. Sean went to hit me, landing a punch on my nose.

I barely stumbled, wiping the blood from my nose with a smirk on my face. "Now we're talking big boy" I snickered before kicking him in the gut and punching him in the face again.

Sean then grabbed me by my jumper and held me up against the lockers as he did with Jordan. "Now you listen here" Sean growled. My hair was definitely a mess and I could feel that same feeling when I saw the vision of Jordan blowing up the bonfire.

"I don't like hitting girls, but if you keep this up I'll-"

"What? Make my life hell? You feckin eejit, I've heard better threats from girls with bigger balls than you" I spat in his face, my hair covering my own thankfully.

"Emma, calm down" Jordan lightly pleaded with me from behind his brother. Sean raised his arm to punch me. I never thought I would thank my mother for-

"Hey, guys!" Clark's cheery voice echoed in the crowded hall. "Wow, this place has" His voice wavered slightly as he looked around him. "Whatever" Sean lowered his hand, pushing me into the locker harshly before walking away with his possé

"Really not changed since I went here" Clark finished. Jordan and Jon helped me off the floor, making me slightly ditsy. "Boys, I'm fine. Like I told ya man, I've fought girls half his size with better punches" I told them, moving closer to Clark to prove my point

"What are you doing here?" Jon asked, standing next to me. "Oh, just wanted to, you know, see how things were going at your new school" Clark asked, stuffing his hands in his pocket.

"So you decide to randomly drop by during the fifth period?" Jon pointed out. "This wasn't random" I coughed, groaning as I tried to cover my face. "Prick fucked my nose" I cursed before putting my hand to my nose and clicking it back into place. "Emma!" The three Kents exclaimed at me. "Can you three get back to your conversation, I'm sure the prick gave me a concussion" I huffed, taking my bag from Jordan. "You were spying on us" Jordan realised.

Shit's going down, again.

<><><>

The entire ride back to the farm was tense. I swear the tension was thicker than Jon and that was saying something. Clark kept asking the boys if they were okay but they just ignored him. I on the other hand had a bloody nose, bruising on my stomach and definitely a concussion.

"I was just making sure that you were okay" Clark began, seeing the anger on both his sons' faces. "Yeah, you could've said something this morning, but instead, you lied to our faces" Jordan shouted at Clark. "It wasn't a lie. You just didn't ask" Clark defended. How long have you been doing this? Since we moved here? Our whole lives?" Jonathan asked, his voice getting louder with every question.

"It's not like I'm listening all the time" Clark sighed, making the situation worse. "That is... that is the wrong answer" I sighed, rubbing my temples. Before things could get out of hand I stepped in between the twins and Clark. "Look, I get that you both are pissed but let's make sure you can at least stay conscious, you both got a bad beating" I told them, waving them off to get in.

I looked at Clark, dropping my defensive stance. "I get it, being able to know they're okay but you need to trust them. Trust me when I say you'll be trying to regain their trust longer than it takes to lose it, take it from experience " I told him before following the boys inside.

I walked into the kitchen, Jordan sitting up on the countertop while Jon grabbed a first aid kit. "Jon, get an ice pack or a bag of frozen shit" I ordered him, pulling Jordan down from the counter and onto a chair. Jon handed me a frozen bag of peas. I handed it to Jordan. "Put this on your chest under the clothes. If it bruises there's no need for hospital" I told him, before moving to Jon.

I noticed the cut on his forehead, most likely from the fella that was holding him back. I took out the anti-septic wipe before putting a bandage over it. "You seem very set on patching us up?" Jordan called from behind me. I turned to him, another bag of frozen peas in hand. I walked over, putting it on his face, seeing the bruising on his jawline. "Well, I used to do camogie and soccer before I fucked up my hand. First aid is second nature when you have the most accident-prone siblings and cousins. Hell, my Jeju is a nurse along with my aunt Emily" I told him, making sure he was able to hold the frozen peas in the right place.

Jordan gave me a toothy grin. "Yet you still haven't cleaned the blood on your face or even got your nose checked out" He gave me a pointed look. I smacked his head gently, causing him to laugh at me. "I've broken my nose more times than I can count every one of my limbs. Hell, even the doctors send me little gifts when I reach my milestone of not being in A&E for a long time" I scoffed at him, putting away the first-aid kit. Jordan looked at me with wide eyes.

"How many times have you been in hospital?" Jordan asked me. "Depends, for injuries or visiting?" I asked him, boiling the kettle. "Injuries?" Jordan's voice raised an octave or two. I thought for a moment. There was the first time Mam got busted, when I broke my leg, the times Mam was testing shit on me and Conner...

"You have to actually think about it?" Jordan exclaimed, taking me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him innocently. "Well yeah" I shrugged. He looked at me as if I had three heads. "How did you manage that?" He asked me. "Kids, fucked up adults, brothers" I listed, making the tea. Jordan let out a breath, obviously shocked by my reasons. It's better to lie about them than tell him the truth.

"So, you and Sarah? What's the story with that one?" I asked, changing the subject away from me. Jordan only shrugged at me. I folded my arms at him, raising my eyebrow. "I've gotten more people together than Oliver Queen had arrows. I can see when someone is pining for someone else, spill" I demanded from him. Just because I have a thing for him doesn't mean I gonna hate a girl for it.

Jordan, now sitting across from me. "I dunno, she seems to like me but I'm not sure if I feel the same" Jordan admitted. I looked at him, taken back. "What makes you think that?" I asked him. This is what happens when it's a tv show and not a book or comic!

I bit back my lip, Jordan staying quiet. "I dunno, it just doesn't feel... right" He furrowed his eyebrows. I nodded, not knowing what to say for once. "Well, my advice is that not everything feels right, it takes time to form that connection with someone" I advised him. "Take it from me, I have so many trust issues I basically wrote the book" I laughed before getting up. Jordan only sighed, clearly taking what I said to heart. I placed my hand on his shoulder. "You'll know when the times right if you like someone" I added.

Jordan smiled at me, before looking around the kitchen. "How is it you give such great advice?" He asked me. I shrugged, "Supergirl" I answered him bluntly before leaving to do the only homework I received today before Clark dragged us back to school.

<><><>

Marty walked up to me, a smile on her face. "Heard you got into a fight" She smiled, her eyes staring into my own. I looked at her weirdly, Malia Tate would be so proud. "Sorry, I didn't realise we were friends" I smiled back briefly, before quickly trying to leave her so I could convince Jordan not to try out for the football team before it was too late.

Marty, however, didn't like that and jumped in front of me. "I would love to be your friend!" She did it again, that weirdly creepy smile that reminded me of my Mam. "Please, leave me alone. I'm not the friends' type" I told her again, trying to divert around her small, blonde head. "I could change that" She insisted.

I stopped in my tracks, no time for lies. My Jeju taught me to trust my gut when it comes to new people and it has never failed me. I looked at Marty, not even faking a sympathetic face or tone of voice. "Marty, I don't want to be your friend. There are better people for you to be friends with than me. So please for the love of every god. Leave me alone" I told her before resuming my course on the football field.

"Emma!" Jon called, running towards me. By the look on his face, I kicked the floor. "Shit, he's already tried out hasn't he?" I asked him, earning a shocked look. "You had a vision didn't you?" Jon asked me. I titled in my head in utter dishonesty. "Not a vision, more like a...feeling" I lied through my teeth. Jon deadpanned at me, "Really?" He asked.

I huffed, my form deflating. "Doesn't matter. This doesn't end well" I warned him, pulling him aside. "What do you mean, not end well?" Jon asked me. I looked around me, making sure no one was near. I took a breath in. "Your Dad. From what I remember, Clark doesn't find out in the best way and it ends in a bad way" I told him, with the most serious look I could make.

Jon groaned, punching the support beam near him. "Anything else?" He asked me, praying I had the answer. I started to pace back and forth, trying to remember more. "I...I don't know. It's all fuzzy like I was high or something. Which is weird seeing as I only ever got second-hand high when I was out bushing with my year" I started to ramble.

Jon grabbed me by my shoulders. "Look, no ones asking you for all the answers. The three of us will figure this out" Jon told me, making the pit in my stomach grow wider. No one's expecting me to have the answers?

Once Jon and I walked back to the field, he ran out towards it while I sat on the bleachers. I looked around, trying to understand the game. I looked in the field to see the cloaked figure that was freaking me out so much that I wasn't sleeping enough. I jumped, closing my eye for a moment.

It's not real, it's not real. It's just a fucked up manifestation of my trauma.

"Emma!" Jordan called, running towards me. "Hey! So you play football now?" I smiled at Jordan. He only smiled back, scratching the back of his head. And there go the butterflies again. Why can't he not look at me so cutely? I can't even stay mad at him.

"I guess it was time for something new" Jordan shrugged before he and his brother decided to go into the locker room. I watched as they walked away, giving Jon a look not to tell Jordan what happened.

"This isn't gonna end well" I muttered, picking up my fallen bag. "It never does"

<><><>

{Author's Perspective}

Rubbing her hands at the chill breeze, Emma looked out to the football field. Ever since she remembered most of what was going to happen over the next few days, the girl was determined to watch out for Jordan. Platonically, obviously.

Definitely not because she might have some feelings towards the curly-haired, mixed eyed Kent boy. Not a hope.

She watched closely as Jordan tackled Sean, wincing at the fall. "Please be civil, please be civil" Emma whispered under her breath. She watched as Jordan helped Sean up, here. Emma gave him a small wave, not knowing how she was making Jordan feel. She didn't exactly notice the blush on his own cheeks, playing it off as his adrenaline rush.

Emma noticed Jon and Jordan looking off to the bleachers. She walked up to them, dread forming in her stomach. "Clark's here isn't he" Emma stated, only gaining a nod from Jon. Jordan went to walk away until Emma grabbed his arm. "Hey" Emma called for his attention. Jordan looked back to her, cheeks red. "Don't explode, please" Emma begged him, her eyes silently pleading with him.

"I'll try, promise" Jordan told her, walking away from her grip. Emma looked to Jon, her hand shaking slightly. "This isn't going to end well" Jon stated, even without super sight or anything he could see his dad's disapproving stare. "It doesn't" Emma told him, following the twins.

"How could you possibly think it was okay to join the football team?" Clark argued with Jordan. "You didn't say it wasn't" Jordan shot back. "No, no, don't... don't do that" Clark answered back, seeing what Jordan was doing.

"I see what you're doing" Clark told him. "As long as you don't mention it, it's not a lie, right?" Jordan mentioned. "Your father apologized for that" Lois reminded Jordan from behind Emma and Jonathan who sat by the table. Emma kept her head down, even though the arguing was causing some unwanted memories.

"Your powers are not something to be taken lightly, Jordan" Clark told Jordan, crossing his arms. "Yeah, well, I barely have any, remember? That's what Grand Pabbie told us at Elsa's Ice Castle" Jordan shouted back at Clark. Jon and Emma held back a laugh at the comment, earning a warning look from Lois.

"That's not funny" Lois deadpanned at Jordan. "He was only comparing your powers to mine" Clark explained to his clearly upset son. "No, he said my powers suck. Don't act like he didn't" Jordan argued back at Clark.

"I admit, taking you to see him this early was a mistake" Clark admitted. "Mistake?" Jordan questioned. You know what? Everything you do is a mistake. You get fired, you bring us here" Jordan started to list off. Emma caught his glance, shaking her head slightly. She silently begged him not to finish his argument.

"You know, I just wish you would go back to not being around anymore!" Jordan decided, his anger making him see red and ignore Emma's warning. There was a tension-filled silence, Clark was way too silent.

In all of the Superman based content, Emma was exposed to, she had never seen him this angry or quiet in anything but Injustice. "Go upstairs" Clark demanded. "Yeah" Jordan agreed angrily, shaking his head vigorously. "Right now" Clark added, walking closer to Jordan. "Yeah" Jordan spat before rushing up the stairs, slamming the door in the process.

"I-I'm with you guys. I don't know what he was thinking" Jon added once Jordan was gone. Emma kicked him from under the table, glaring at him. "Don't even start it" She hissed at him. "You too Jon" Clark said, softer but still the same force behind it.

Jon gave Emma a look of luck before following his brother's path. "Why do I feel like I'm in trouble?" Emma chuckled, her nerves getting the better of her. "I heard what you said to Jordan at the end of practice" Clark told her.

"And, I also saw the silent looks you were giving" Lois added, walking next to Clark. Emma cursed in her mind. "You knew this was gonna happen, why didn't you say anything?" Clark asked her. Emma looked anywhere but their faces.

Lois cleared her throat, "Emma Victoria Margaret Ní Chroídheán" Lois demanded, making Emma almost lose her shit. "You both know that Savitar existed. Right?" She asked the pair, not remembering the repercussions of Crisis to the full extent. Clark nodded, folding his arms. "You know how he was created? Barry fucked up the timeline, again" Emma reminded them beofre crossing her arms. "Well, I am not pulling a Barry Allen on your lives" Emma stated very clearly, angry that her full name was used.

Lois looked at the teen in shock. "I am not going to be the cause of that! I don't know why I was brought here but it definitely wasn't to fuck up your family's lives!" Emma snapped, storming out of the household.

Clark held Lois back as she tried to run after the girl, every inch of her wanting to know why she was so upset. "Lois. She needs space, we can't force anything out of her if she's angry" Clark spoke softly, looking out as Emma walked away from the farm.

<><><>

Emma walked through a small forest-like area, she had turned the phone on airplane mode to avoid any calls. She kicked a pebble, her face red from tears and the cold. She hated this, not remembering her life again. She hated not knowing if her Jeju or sister was okay if they were worried about her. Were they even alive? And Antony? Did she visit him before she got here, tell him that she knew he was innocent and that even though he was a pain in her ass that she loved him anyway? She didn't even know if there was a home to go back to.

Emma wasn't stupid, she's consumed enough superhero content and fanfiction to know the chances of her home being in reach was slim to none. She just wished that she could remember, to have some bit of the closure she never seems to find.

"You shouldn't be out here alone Elrisia"

Emma jumped, turning around. Stood in the darkness was the figure from her dreams, standing tall as she felt its gaze on her. The figure took a step closer to her, making Emma take three steps back.

"Who are you?!" Emma shouted at it, the phone gripped in her hand. The figure's hood tilted to the side at the question. "That's not what matters Elrisia" The figure stated, its voice was like every voice she's ever heard merged into one. "What matters is that you protect them" The voice became more stern walking closer to Emma.

Emma looked in the corner of her eye, turning off the airplane mode and turning the volume down on her phone. She kept her eyes on the figure, answering the first person who called when she felt the device buzz.

"Protect who! For all, I know you could be some psycho trying to kill me" Emma glared, pushing her fear deep down. "I have no idea how I fucking got here! What's to say it isn't your doing! That you're the reason I lost my memories!" Emma shouted again, her veins glowing blue, making her see the figure better.

The figure stayed still, like a statute. "This isn't your first time here Elrisia. And you and I both know it's not the first time you've been missing memories either" The figure was about to step closer to Emma when a certain caped hero landed in front of her. A scoff came from the figure.

"Oh Kal-El, you have no idea what has begun" The figure spat before disappearing into smoke, a small clinking sound echoed the silence between Superman and Emma. Superman walked to where the figure was and bent to pick up the object that fell.

He turned to Emma, holding a USB stick wrapped in lined paper. "You saw that. Right?" Emma asked as her voice wavered. Clark walked closer to her. "It's real... it's been real... my whole life" She began to lose control, her veins going blue and her eyes doing the same. Clark brought her into a hug, calming her down the best he could.

"We'll figure this out. I promise" He whispered, before flying into the air with her in his arms.

<><><>

Lois brought Emma close, kissing the side of her head. "Thank god you're okay. I was so worried. Please don't ever do that again" Lois muttered, giving her one last squeeze. Emma was taken aback by her response. Emma stayed quiet when Jon gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "Glad you're okay Emma" Jon smiled at her. Jordan gave her a tight squeeze of her hand, a soft smile on his face. She sat down on the couch, still quiet as she stared at her hands.

"I was told that it was a figment of my imagination, a manifestation of my trauma. Everytime I moved homes, or after hospital visits, I'd see this figure in the shadows. I never saw it for longer than a week. I thought it was normal when I got here but then I started getting nightmares, seeing it everywhere" Emma began to explain, her voice shaky as she spoke. "Why didn't you say anything?" Lois asked her, arms crossed over her chest.

Emma shrugged, "I thought it was normal, until tonight" she admitted, looking down at the ground. She felt the USB stick in her pocket, haunting her silently. Questions filled her mind. What was on it? Was it gonna give her answers? Why did that figure have it?

Clark cleared his throat, gaining her attention. "Did you hear me?" He asked her, earning a shake of the head. "The figure said it's not the first time you've been missing memories before?" He stated, curious to this new information. All eyes were on her, making her stomach turn. "My birth mother took me for three months when I was five. I don't remember any of it, just the moment we left my Dad's house and then waking up in the CUH" Emma answered him.

<><><>

Emma knocked on Ms. Clarks office door, her hands playing with the straps of her bag. The sound of her heels echoed in Emma's ears as her shadow came closer to the door. When the door opened, Sienna's eyes lit in delight at the teen's presence. "Emma! What a lovely surprise" She smiled genuinely.

Sienna sensed Emma's discomfort and slight anxiety coming off of her. "You need to talk?" Sienna asked her, placing a hand on her shoulder. Emma shook her head, pondering her next move. "I always had...issues with my emotions. I tend to bottle it up and-" Emma cut herself off before taking a breath.

"I need to let it out. The only way I know how is slightly embarrassing for me to admit out loud" She admitted, looking at her feet. Sienna nodded, leading her away from the office. "Come with me"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312 40 21
Lucille Brimsey had a happy life with a happy family. Her life was beautiful, and her future looked bright. Until Superman dropped a building on her...
2.6K 112 22
ONC 2021 Fanfiction prompt 13 and Romance Prompt 71. This novella is a non-canon version of Superman, with some of the same characters and places. Le...
7.9K 550 21
"When did you get to become so wise?" "Same way as anyone else," Lois replied sadly as she hugged Lena back, giving her a comforting squeeze to let h...
4K 108 11
Nicole Kent was not of this world. No, literally. This was not her world. Her world was ending and she was thrusted through dimensions into a timelin...