Started With A Prank {oikawa...

By naddy_naruto

it was a harmless prank on iwaizumi, but oikawa didn't expect tsuyoi to be on the receiving end. not only was... More

OC characters
chp: 1
chp: 2
chp: 3
chp: 5
chp: 6
chp: 7
chp: 8
chp: 9
chp: 10
chp: 11
chp: 12
chp: 13
chp: 14
chp: 15
chp: 16
chp: 17

chp: 4

257 16 7
By naddy_naruto

can't find the artist please let me know if you know

"iwa-chan, we can just leave and they'll never know."

iwaizumi looked at him, blinking as he was growing annoyed.

"aiko really isn't all that bad. he's a good friend."

"easy for you to say, he won't kill you."

"who will kill you?"

oikawa jumped at that familiar voice. he stiffly turned his head, noticing that tsuyoi and marcos weren't in the uniforms. they were in their regular clothes.

tysuyoi was wearing gray jeans and a black hoodie. black nike high tops. marcos was wearing white sweatpants and a red long sleeve shirt. he was wearing black slides and black socks.

"no one..." oikawa said.

"i sure hope not." tsuyoi began. oikawa's heart skipped at beat at those words for some reason, "who would i get to tease if someone were to kill you?" oikawa frowned at that. tsuyoi smirked.

tsuyoi stuck his hands in his hoodie pocket. keeping eye contact with oikawa. it was silent for a bit before marcos nudged tsuyoi's arm.

"c'mon, it's getting late and i'm hungry."

"i agree." iwaizumi said.

marcos began to walk, practically pushing oikawa away from iwaizumi. tsuyoi had to laugh at that. oikawa's expression was priceless, his mouth hung open as he watched his best friend interact with tsuyoi's best friend.

he turned to tsuyoi, "aren't you going to stop that?! marcos is ignoring you for iwa-chan."

tsuyoi looked at him and laughed again, walking forward as he grabbed oikawa's collar. making oikawa walk next to him as they stayed behind marcos and iwaizumi.

"you don't know?" tsuyoi asked.

"know what?"

"marcos is head over heels in love with iwaizumi. who am i to stop it? marcos is their own person."

oikawa was silent, he crossed his arms. he didn't mind iwaizumi not talking to him, he can already tell iwaizumi likes marcos as well. but, he did mind having to walk NEXT to tsuyoi. that was his worst nightmare.

"hey, tsuyoi." marcos glanced behind them, "do we need to go to mai's house?"

who's mai? oikawa thought.

tsuyoi nodded, "of course. we need to pick my sister up."

"you have a sister?"

tsuyoi nodded, not saying much more.

as they continued to walk, oikawa took subtle glances at tsuyoi. his mind all over the place. the walk was quiet, it was different and calming.

tsuyoi was a completely different person outside of school.

he's not putting up the act of the golden boy. he's not taunting anyone or showing off his skills or who he is. he's not even smiling, he's just quiet.

"glancing at me won't mean you'll know me. i hope you know that." tsuyoi said, his hands now in the front pockets of his jeans.

oikawa huffed and crossed his arms, not saying a word. oikawa wished he was next to iwaizumi, at least than there would be some type of noise. but from what he can hear, marcos is the only one speaking. marcos is the more social one out of them.

"tsuyoi, we're here."

tsuyoi turned his head, nodding when marcos looked at him. the three stayed behind as tsuyoi opened the small gate and walking up the walkway to the small steps. he rang the doorbell as he went back down the steps and face the front door.

the door swung open, "ah, tsuyoi!" mai said, "naību is just gathering her stuff. don't worry, she's already had dinner."

"thank you, ma'am."

"t-chan!"

tsuyoi opened his arms as he watched his little sister run past her babysitter. once getting to the edge of the porch she jumped in the air, tsuyoi easily catching her then spinning her around.

oikawa took note of her unique appearance, but knew that she would embrace it. he found her adorable. her brown hair with silver streak was in a french braid, it contrasted her face and unique beautiful eyes.

she giggled, "why won't you fall!" she whined.

he smiled lightly, then sticking his tongue out, "because someone small can't knock down someone as great as me."

she stuck her tongue out as well, "liar. i'm better."

tsuyoi turned his head to face mai, "have a good night mai. i'll see you tomorrow."

she nodded, "you as well, tsuyoi. take care of yourself."

he turned and walked off.

oikawa watched the interaction. he was even more surprised of how gentle tsuyoi was. how different he was around his sister. he notice the small smile on tsuyoi's face, and the smile was different from all the rest.

~~

"wow... it seems like oikawa has been in love with you since the beginning." tasha said.

tsuyoi nodded, "who wouldn't though? it was only natural for oikawa to fall in love with me at first sight."

"gross, no." oikawa said, cheeks burning, "i hated you with every bone in my body at the beginning."

"mhm," tsuyoi teased, "you can deny all you want but we all know the truth."

oikawa hit the back of tsuyoi's head. "just carry on with it!"

"alright, alright. buzzkill." he mumbled.

causing everyone to laugh, oikawa still blushing.

~~

the walk was still silent, but tsuyoi had a different air to him. he was lighter, he was a bit happier. naibū was now walking alongside tsuyoi, holding his hand as she was skipping.

she was singing a song she learned in her music class, her voice a bit off and the keys didn't match, but nonetheless, her voice was pretty.

oikawa enjoyed it, it added to the quiet atmosphere tsuyoi put between them.

he still didn't know what tsuyoi was planning, or maybe he's acting different because his sister is around. maybe he doesn't want to seem like an asshole in front of his sister.

jerk... oikawa crossed his arms, stop being fake and show her you're rude.

"hey oikawa." iwaizumi said.

"finally acknowledging me, iwa-chan?"

iwaizumi rolled his eyes, "shut up. anyways, you might have to walk alone the rest of the way."

that caused oikawa to freeze. tsuyoi walked a few steps but stopped and turned to face him. marcos and iwaizumi stopping a few more steps ahead of tsuyoi, finally noticing they stopped.

"why?" oikawa asked.

"well marcos's house is coming up in a few minutes." oikawa raised an eye brow at that, not getting it. "tsuyoi is his neighbor so he'll most likely go in to his home when we pass it." oikawa was still confused, iwaizumi looked at him and blinked, "i'm going into marcos' house. i'll be with them for a bit."

"what? you can't leave me!" i don't like walking alone.

"they aren't that far from us. you'll be okay."

"t-chan." naību mumbled, tugging his sleeve, "he doesn't want to walk alone."

tsuyoi squatted down to her level, "your point?" he asked her, poking her stomach.

no one heard their conversation. they were confused as to what they were talking about.

"walk home with him."

tsuyoi almost fell back from that. "uh... no thanks."

"i wasn't asking you. don't you want to see your sister happy? i won't be happy if you leave him alone."

"you're not going to make me feel bad. he can man up."

naību gave him puppy dog eyes. her lips began to quiver. tsuyoi bit his bottom lip, he blew air out of his nose as he ran fingers through his hair.

"damn it, okay." he stood up, picking up his sister. he walked to oikawa, "not that i'm happy to do this, but i'll walk you home. you don't seem to want to walk home alone."

oikawa brightened at that, "really? you'll do that for me?" he wiggled his eyebrows, "that's so sweet."

"don't get big headed, my sister wouldn't leave me alone."

"you still could've said no. i think you wanted to have alone time with me."

"you want to walk home by yourself?" tsuyoi snapped.

"no thanks! i'm good."

"exactly, now shut up."

they continued their walk, this time marcos and iwaizumi were closer to the three. talking to them as well, oikawa thought it was nice. he liked this tsuyoi a lot better than the one he has to deal with at school.

marcos and iwaizumi stopped. oikawa looked over and gulped, they were stopped in front of a modern, two-story quaint home. marcos residential.

"see ya, marcos."

oikawa watched as marcos and tsuyoi did a little handshake that had multiple steps. then marcos squatted down, ruffling naibū's hair, then kissing her forehead.

"see ya, tsuyoi. see ya, naību."

"bye bye, marcey!"

iwaizumi gave a fist bump to oikawa. both watched as they walked into the home.

tsuyoi turned to face oikawa, "alright, let's go."

oikawa nodded.

at first it was quiet, oikawa fidgeted with the bottom of his uniform shirt.

tsuyoi broke the silence first, "so what made you decide to use water for a prank? seems pretty weak to me."

oikawa's face dusted red from embarrassment.

"shut up! it wasn't meant for you!"

he laughed loudly to that. that was all he had to ask for the tension and the uncomfortable silence to disappear.

"i have a question..." oikawa said, looking away as he felt embarrassed to ask, "but i'm not as close to marcos as you and iwa-chan are. i noticed you said 'their' referring to marcos and iwa-chan said 'them' referring to marcos, does marcos go by they/them?"

tsuyoi nodded, "honestly, when marcos told me it was funny. they had trouble understanding at first, before marcos realized they liked they/them pronouns more, they didn't understand why they didn't necessarily like he/his pronouns. but, as their best friend i knew them well enough to know before them. but i was going to wait until marcos realized." tsuyoi laughed to himself, "marcos called me in the middle of the night a few years ago, we had early morning practice that same day. it was 3:30 am and we had practice at 8:00, i was a bit pissed he woke me up since i barely got any sleep that entire week. i was beyond exhausted. but my anger washed away when he was freaking out-"

"marcos, it's almost 4:00 in the fucking morning, you better have a damn good reason as to why you're waking me up."

"uh- hopefully it's a good reason? but when i tell you, please don't hate me. i don't know what i'll do if you hate me. i couldn't wait till the morning to tell you, because i would've chickened out. and what if someone heard, what if they weren't supportive, or worse, you think i'm-"

"do i need to come over?" tsuyoi rubbed his eyes, "at least then you won't be alone with whatever you're freaking out about. i promise you, nothing you say or do will make me hate you."

marcos was quiet for a bit, the silence was terrifying. tsuyoi felt like he could hear marcos's heart beat.

"i, uh... i uh never understood why he/his pronouns felt... uncertain to me. it's been eating me up not knowing why, but then i realized. i much rather go by they/them, i'm more comfortable with those and they make me feel good about myself. but not only that, i realized... i," they cleared their throat. they kept stumbling over their words as they tried to get their words out to their best friend. tsuyoi patiently waited on the other end of the phone, with a smile on his face. tsuyoi rolled over and looked at the ceiling, "i um... i realized that i... that i, um," marcos took a deep shaky breath. the most important person in their life was tsuyoi, so this was the hardest thing for them. marcos tightly shut their eyes, "ilikeboys." they quickly said, before repeating softer and slower, "i like... boys."

"i'm happy for you, marcos. i've also known about you wanting to go by they/them longer than you. i didn't expect you telling me you like boys, but i think it's perfect. don't worry about me hating you, that'll never happen. all i want for you is to be happy and for you to be comfortable in your own skin, it makes you who you are."

"you mean it?"

tsuyoi hummed, "yeah, the only reason i would hate you is if you woke me up in the middle of the night before an early morning practice."

marcos squeaked, "shut up! i was freaking out!"

"i could tell. if coach makes us run extra because we aren't putting our all into the practice... i won't give you my employee discount for two whole months."

"two whole months?!"

"yep, two whole months. unless coach makes us run more. actually you know what, if he does decide to make us run, each lap adds onto the month."

"you know what, i didn't call you. this call never happened, your dreaming it did." with that marcos hung up.

tsuyoi removed the phone from his ear, laughing to himself as he put it on his desk, making sure it was charged before turning back over and closing his eyes.

"how many months did he not get an employee discount?"

"five." tsuyoi said, looking at oikawa, "whenever i was talking about them to anyone, things like, 'yeah marcos was able to do this, or that' before they realized their pronouns, i would only say their name. not because i was going to use the wrong pronouns, but because they hadn't come out yet, so me basically using pronouns they didn't even realize could've ended badly. still took them forever to realize, but it was... nice." he turned away, "marcos's confidence now is on a different level..."

"something you wished you had?" oikawa gently pressed.

tsuyoi was contemplating if he should answer that or not. but he finally did, "yeah, i do. marcos is free and happy. they radiate this bright energy that makes you feel comfortable, but having what they have... it's something way out of my reach..." he trailed off, "my fault, i didn't mean to carry out the topic."

oikawa looked at him, "it's okay." he mumbled, looking forward. his thoughts running rapid.

the rest of the walk was silent, but this time it was comfortable.

naību fell asleep in tsuyoi's arms by the time they arrived at the oikawa household.

"this is my stop. thank you for walking me."

"not that i had a choice." tsuyoi pointed to naibū, "she would hate me for life."

oikawa smirked, "are you sure you just didn't want to walk me home. it's okay if it is. everyone would want to."

tsuyoi licked his lips before leaning closer. oikawa began to blush but not from embarrassment.

"i think that's the other way around. a shame our walk was cut short, don't you think?" his eyes squinted in a teasing way.

"and school you is back." he pushed him away.

tsuyoi smirked and began to turn away, he took one step before stopping.

"oh, just because we walked home doesn't mean i'll be nicer at school. it's fun teasing you."

tsuyoi left to his home. oikawa glared, walking up to his door. mumbling incoherent words about how tsuyoi was still a jerk. even if he was vulnerable for a bit.

once tsuyoi was a good amount of distance away, he covered his mouth. i can't believe i said we walked home... what if he realized i said it. i should've said we walked together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 7.2K 30
What happens when the timer runs out? They don't die. They don't get sick. What threat does the timer pose, then? Oikawa Tooru has been able to see...
58.8K 1.2K 50
A Haikyuu book of fluffshots- this book does not contain angst or smut. None of the artwork used in this book is mine, credits to the artists. I don...
1.3M 40.7K 59
a loud girl and a shy boy. could i make it anymore obvious? 𖨆♡𖨆 [kageyama x fem reader] WARNING ⚠️ smut ??? strong language mature themes achiev...
62.1K 2.5K 63
Oikawa, Suga and Akaashi were figure skaters. They all needed that freedom and the feeling of the ice. The feeling was enough to overpower the rude a...