A BUTTERFLY PARALLEL

By 4th_gen

๐Ÿฆ‹แด€ ส™แดœแด›แด›แด‡ส€า“สŸส แด˜แด€ส€แด€สŸสŸแด‡สŸ ๐Ÿฆ‹ Jung Haerim x Park Soeun "๐š†๐šŽ ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š—'๐š ๐š”๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š™ ๐š‹๐šŽ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š•๐š’๐š”๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐šœ. " ... More

๐€ ๐๐ฎ๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐๐š๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฅ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ.
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ.
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ‘.

๐ˆ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง

62 2 0
By 4th_gen

𝙰/𝙽
𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 :𝙿
𝙱𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚊 𝚏𝚎𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚌𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝙴𝚕𝚕𝚢. 𝚆𝚑𝚘 𝚊𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝚐𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝙷𝚊𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚖. 𝚆𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝙴𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑, 𝚘𝚋𝚟𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚕𝚢. 𝙷𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚔𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚗, 𝚞𝚗𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝙴𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎.

𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝚎𝚡𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎: {𝐄𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡} 𝙵𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚗𝚝. 𝚑𝚎𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚊𝚢 {𝐊𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐧} 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚜𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚜𝚘 𝚢𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍.
𝙰𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘢𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚔𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 regular font 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢. 𝚃𝚘 𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗. 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚠. 𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢 𝚖𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔.
................................................................................

{𝐊𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐧}
Inhaling the breeze that was flowing through her hair. She rested her arms along the balcony, staring out into the open city. For once she felt taller than everything, mostly because she was currently standing on the rooftop of one of the buildings in Yeoksam-dong but also because everything she had spent years working hard for, was finally beginning to pay off. The other members were still packing their bags for Weki-Meki's 3 day promotion in Japan starting tomorrow. She managed to convince the director to let her go outside for a bit to get some fresh air and promised to return soon. As she is the second oldest, and was fairly capable of looking after herself, the director let her leave for a bit. Observing the way that the sun began to set, and the sky was beginning to turn orange. Elly plugged her headphones into her phone and put her playlist on shuffle. Gently closing her eyes, she simply cherished the feeling of being alone without constant cameras being on her. Stress free for a mere few minutes. 

The first pearl of rain dropped beside Elly's arm that was perched on the balcony, leaving a stained mark on the painted clay. Her eyes flickered to the sky, fluttering open to see dark clouds shadowing over her. The rain began to fall at an even quicker pace then before, yet Elly wasn't quite sure if she should leave yet. Normally she would rush to cover, but this time she felt the urge to stay and enjoyed the way the rain would patter onto her face under her eyes, almost as if they were mimicking teardrops. Then it all stopped. The feeling was gone, but the sound of rain falling was even more distinct than before. A large cresent bloomed over her, shielding her from the pouring rain. The person holding the umbrella above her head, almost a head taller than herself. The newly debuted girl group member pulled her earphones out of her ears, slowly turning around to find a tall girl looking straight ahead at the fading horizon, just like she did earlier. For a moment, the two didn't say a word to each other. Elly gazed up to see the girl's face. She was still a kid. With a round face and cute chubby cheeks.

"It's raining. Why are you up here alone?" The taller girl asked Elly, looking slightly down at her still holding the umbrella above the both of them. Her voice didn't exactly match her look, taking Elly aback a bit. She was very polite in the way she was asking her, and to Elly's own surprise, she was glad that the other girl didn't know who she was. "I could ask you the same thing." She snarkily commented back, yet her eyes reflected gratitude to the girl holding the umbrella. The taller girl's eyes crinkled to reveal a cute eye smile, that made Elly's heart instantly melt into a puddle. In the midst of the heavy rain, interrupting the two girls ... moment?  "Elly unnie. Hurry up! We are going to be late. Unnie is already yelling at everyone." Both girls under the umbrella turn to see the door fly open to reveal a very hectic Yoojung that was now getting covered in rain. Quickly coming to a realisation, she briefly said a thank you to the taller girl and ran in the rain towards Yoojung who grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the exit. The two Weki Meki members left, leaving the confused girl on the rooftop dying to know who they are.

"Elly." She said to herself. Pulling her phone from out of her pocket. Yet instead of researching the name 'Elly,' she typed 'Yoojung I.O.I' and surely enough her phone was flooded with pictures of the girl that was seen on the rooftop only seconds ago. Scrolling through an article, she stumbled upon a newly debuted group.
'Weki Meki.'

Without even realising how much time had passed by, where she had just been going through everything about Weki Meki including their most recent dance video, it was already 3am and she had to wake up in a few hours. Yet she couldn't help but scroll through the numerous videos of the girl group. Yet out of the 8, only one stood out to her. What was this unknown feeling that she was feeling? Admiration? or not?

Meanwhile the girl group were all in the van, off to the airport.  It was set to be an hour and a half car ride, due to traffic on the way. Since that was the case, nearly all of the girls drifted to sleep. Their heads hanging off from the seats or simply drooping into their laps, or leaning on one another like Rina and Doyeon were.  The only one wide awake was the smallest and most energetic member. Elly was just about to drift off the dreamland when someone constantly tapped her shoulder, whispering her name to get her to pay attention to her.
"Who was she? The girl before."
"Yoojung. I don't know. She was just there when it started raining."
Elly mumbled to the curious girl and shifting positions to face towards the window and away from Yoojung.
"It was like interrupting a romantic drama. Like 'Tale of the nine-tailed.' Remember how Lee Yeon was holding the umbrella and she was like-"
"Shut up."
The older girl murmered, her back turned away from the talkative member.
Yoojung sighed and sat in her car seat properly. Leaning her head against the chair and closing her eyes, when someone poked her in the ribs. Jolting awake and nearly jumping out of her chair, her eyes widened to see Elly's face insanely close to hers.
"AH unnie. What's wrong with you?! You scared me."
Yoojung yelled, which earned a few glares from the staff telling her with their expressions to be quiet. Elly's cheeks and ears were tinted pink, and her face was almost glowing with excitement.
"It was really romantic wasn't it?"
Her hands hitting Yoojung playfully, but the girl on the receiving end was trying so hard to not wince in pain and hurt the over excited girl's feelings.

"Soeun. Is something wrong?"
Soojin crounched down to be at eye level with her friend that was seated on the floor in the training room. The girl at the time that was distracted from the practice was picking at the carpet threads, but when the older spoke to her with a look of concern she simply smiled and stood right up to join the other girls.

Meanwhile Weki Meki were filming in Japan. Their first day was officially over and they had all returned to their hotel rooms to sleep after an exhausting day of promotions.
"Ya. Have you seen the new survival show by YG?"
Suyeon asked crawling into Elly's bed since the two of them were sharing a hotel room together. Elly shook her head, and moved over to let Suyeon onto the bed.
"Wanna watch it together?"

The two oldest members were curled up in the same bed together, watching the small phone screen as it began to play the first episode of Mixnine. As they were getting to the end, a group from Fave Entertainment were welcomed. At first Elly didn't particular notice anything odd about the girls lined up. It wasn't until after YG had called the name
'Park Soeun' and the camera panned to show the girl's face that Elly visibly gulped and her eyes widened. She didn't say anything to Suyeon that was still seated beside her. She was visibly tired but wanted to watch the show so was willing to stay awake. Elly admired the way that when Soeun's fellow Fave trainee got called, she was smiling with her eyes turning into little crescent moons exactly like when Elly met her the first time. YG mentioned something to do with debuting and Elly immediately let out a little excited squeal when Soeun was the one picked. Suyeon flickered her eyes to the younger girl beside her that was deeply engulfed in the show. Elly watched and listened at how Soeun spoke in a private interview and there it was again. That feeling of her heart pounding just by hearing her voice.

"Know her?"
Suyeon asked Elly once the video stopped playing Soeun and had moved onto another Fave person.
"Um... one minute."
Elly grabbed her phone that they were watching the video on and ran out of the hotel room she was in. Suyeon was still seated in the bed, trying to comprehend what just happened.

The sound of someone banging on the door near 12am was not a good sound. Not that Yoojung was sleeping anyways. Her and Doyeon were singing karaoke and laughing their heads off.
"Yoojung-ah !"
Elly repetitievly knocked on Dodaeng's hotel room door. Doyeon stopped the music and turned to her partner in crime.
'Elly?' She mouthed to Yoojung questioningly. Yoojung hesitantly walked to the door and opened it to reveal her older member in pyjamas from head to toe and was waving a phone in her face. After seeming as though Yoojung had been talking to Elly for quite a bit without letting her in, Doyeon made her way over to the two girls who were so focused on the phone playing a video.

"She's a trainee?! Unnie this is such a drama."
"Who is it?"
The two startled short members looked up to see the tall member leaning over them to see the screen.
"Elly unnie's mysterious lover."
"YA. SHE IS NOT and shut your mouth."
Elly bit back, trying to deny accusations of her little crush. Obviously failing as her cheeks were flustering tomato red. The two younger ones in the room began to tease her and her rosy cheeks that Elly was so desperately trying to fan away.

"HEY. What  are you three up to? It's 12am stop being so loud. You're lucky that the managers are further down the hallway."
Suyeon hissed, scaring the shit out of all three of them.
"Suyeon unnie is literally the loudest."
The door across from Dodaeng's opened to reveal a snarky Lua leaning against the door frame.
"Who's Elly unnie's crush?"
Sei popped up from behind Lua. Elly slowly turned around to Yoojung and threatened to hit her, in which Yoojung hid behind Doyeon.
"Park Soeun on Mixnine."
Doyeon answered on behalf of Yoojung who was still getting dirty looks from Elly.

Elly sighed in defeat and made her way into Dodaeng's room to plop onto their bed.
"You said you never watched the show."
The rest of the people that overheard made their way into Dodaeng's room while Suyeon questioned Elly.
"I haven't."
Suyeon furrowed her eyebrows, trying to fit the two puzzle pieces together.
"It was on the rooftop."
All the members in that room immediately focused on Elly that was collapsed in Doyeon's bed due to insane embarrassment.
"You mean... yesterday?"
"And you."
Suyeon pointed her finger at Yoojung.
"You saw her? With Elly."

Yoojung nodded and began rambling on about how romantic the two seemed and so on about how Soeun almost had her arm around Elly holding the umbrella. The members were all so immersed in Yoojung's tale, Sei and Lua however were also immersed in their phones as they were busy googling this 'Park Soeun from Mixnine girl.' 
"SHE'S A BABY."
Lua suddenly shouted causing the fangirling members to stop teasing Elly for a moment.
"You're a baby."
Yoojung said, squishing Lua's cheeks.
"No, but unnie she's like the same age as Lucy. A little younger."
Sei said, showing everyone the phone.

"Guys it's not like I'm going to date her. I just met her once and probably won't again."
Elly huffed,  crossing her arms infront of her.
"True true. Elly unnie doesn't even like girls. What were we thinking."
Lua scoffed, lying back down to see pictures of the Mixnine trainee.
"Ha. You are so right Lua."
Yoojung laughed and so did Sei and Suyeon. Yet Doyeon saw that slight look in the way Elly hesitantly laughed it off. Almost as if she was still figuring herself out like how Doyeon came to the realisation that she was beginning to like Yoojung as more than just a bestfriend.

It was the day after Weki Meki had returned from their Japan promotion trip and everyone was still packing their stuff and putting everything back to where it originally was. While everyone was busy cleaning and what not. Elly snuck out of the dorm to go back up to the rooftop. As she got to the door, she could hear slight chattering amongst a few girls, soon after it was followed by the door swinging open on the other side. 2 girls looked at Elly for a second, which Elly signalled for them to exit first before she made her way up onto the roof. Hearing the door close behind her, the phone in her pocket buzzed.
"Hello?"
"Unnie where did you go?"
The concerned maknae was heard on the other end of the phone, followed by comments from the other members earsdropping in.
"Rooftop."
"Is she going to see this Park Soeun again?"
Yoojung laughed.
"Heyhey. Yoojung-ah."
"Hm?"
"If you don't want to die. Shut up."
"Did someone say my name?"
The small and quiet voice of Rina was heard on the other side of the phone.
"No stupid. It's a different Soeun."
Doyeon replied.
"Whatever, just don't take so long Elly."
The somewhat responsible leader said, ending the call right after.

Elly looked down at the phone, chuckling to herself about how weird her members can be. Interrupting her cute train of thought was a few sniffles from the corner of the roof.
Concerned about whoever this person crying, Elly made her way slowly to the sound of the sniffles. The sniffles sounded as if the person was trying their best to keep themself quiet, but wasn't doing the greatest job as Elly was making her way over to the them.
"Sorry, are you alright?"
Elly slowly made her way over to the person that was crounched near the end of the roof with their knees up to their face and their hands covering their whole face. The person nodded, barely. That wasn't enough to convince Elly as she sat beside the girl that was a sobbing mess. She hesitantly put her arm on the crying girl's shoulder which made the upset girl lift her head from her chest to look at the girl confronting her.

"It's you again."
Elly said. Her voice was calm, yet her heart was pounding at the sight of seeing the girl she wanted to see breaking apart. Elly could tell that Soeun was desperately wanting to say something back to her but didn't have the power to say anything. Instead, Elly rested the younger girl's face into her chest, embracing her in a warm hug. She of course wanted to know why the poor girl was crying, but that didn't feel like her first priority right now. As Soeun continued to cry into the familiar girl's embrace, she felt the pieces in her heart that were broken begin to mend itself again. The tears that cascaded down her cheeks turned into hiccups that occured from time to time. After what seemed like a couple hours, Elly presumed since the sun was almost down, Soeun lifted her head that was buried in Elly's chest.
"Thank you."
She whispered to the girl that had been with her on the rooftop, caressing her hair and hugging her tightly. Elly smiled and wiped the remaining almost dried tears from under Soeun's eyes.

"Do you want to go get something to eat, Soeun-ah?"
Elly asked, since crying for that long was definitely bound to use up all of your energy. Soeun eyed the girl who all of a sudden knew her name and pulled away from Elly's arms.
"... How do you know me?"
Elly gasped and clamped her hand over her mouth. 'shit.' She thought to herself, knowing that she messed up.
"I'm sorry! It's just that I met you on the rooftop and the day after my group went to Japan and Suyeon unnie asked to watch the new survival show and you were in it and you looked really cute and everything so of course I noticed you."
Soeun smirked at the older girl's sudden confession.
"Elly unnie. It's ok. Let's go eat."
Elly's eyes widened at Soeun knowing her name.
"The rooftop. The first time, and someone said your name."
"Oh."
Elly scratched her nape and looked down due to embarrassment.
"I may also have done a little research."
Soeun confessed.
"AH you stalker!"
Elly joking pushed Soeun's shoulder.
"Says the one who watched Mixnine!"
Soeun yapped back.
"That was an accident! I didn't know you were going to be in it."
Elly snapped, the two bursting into a fit of laughter.

Soeun's face dropped at the thought of Mixnine again. Tears beginning to form at the ends of her eyes.
"Hey, hey what's the matter?"
Elly placed her hand gently on the younger girl's cheeks, lifting them up to meet her own eyes.
"In the next episode.. coming out tomorrow."
"Shhh it's ok. Take your time."
Elly said, giving the girl across from her the strength to say the few words she had been wanting to confess to someone.

"I got ... eliminated."

The silence followed after the words escaped Soeun's mouth made her instantiously regret speaking about the topic in the first place.

"It will be ok. Think of it as a new possibility is opening for you. I would know."
Elly said, staring out into the horizon where the sun was setting turning the sky from orange to complete darkness flooding Seoul City.
Soeun leaned closer to Elly after she said this.

"Are you talking about Produce?"
The younger questioning Elly about her old survival show days made her reflect back on the heartbreak of being eliminated as 47th. Yet back then she thought it would be the end for her and her career. Not until she became one with Weki Meki and was the 4th revealed member.
Elly nodded.
"Everything will work out if you just let things go as they were intended to go."
Soeun smiled and stood up from the floor, gaining her energy back.
"Let's go eat."
Just as Soeun was helping Elly up from the cold ground, the door of the rooftop opened this time to reveal not Yoojung but someone of a similar height.
"Unnie! Are you here?!"
The panicked girl was all over the place searching for someone.
"Jihyo. I'm right here."
Soeun waved at the frantic girl, with her arm rested on top of Elly's shoulder. Oh that was the girl Elly had seen earlier coming down the stairs with another taller girl. This new younger girl heaved a sigh of relief when noticing her older friend's presence.
"Oh, hello."
The younger bowed at Elly who was stood beside her friend.
"Hello."
Elly cutely smiled at the shorter girl which she came to know as Jihyo.
"Jihyo I was thinking of taking your friend Soeun here for dinner, do you want to come with us?"
Elly asked, which earned a very enthusiastic nod from the shorter girl.
"Oh but I have to tell Jimin unnie first."
Jihyo told the two older girls.
"Why not ask her to join us?"
Elly asked.
Soeun glanced at the oldest.
"Are you sure unnie?"
"The more the merrier. I'll just go tell my members that I'll be going out and you go tell Jimin."
So the three girls went down the stairs, splitting off at the elevator to different floors to go tell their friends.

"WEKI MEKI."
Elly yelled as soon as she opened the doors.

Meanwhile...
"Kim Jimin!"

After a few minutes both parties met on ground floor of the apartment complex. Soeun was with both Jimin and Jihyo, the two girls Elly saw walking down the rooftop a few hours earlier. Elly walked down moments after with another girl gripping tightly onto her arm and laughing. Soeun examined the girl beside Elly that had whisker dimples when she smiled, sort of like the girl Shin Ryujin whom she met on Mixnine. Watching the two all cozy together weirdly enough made Soeun's blood boil, her eyebrows knitted together.
"Stop making that face. You look like you're about to take a shit"
Jimin whispered to the clearly upset girl that couldn't control her emotions well.

"I hope you don't mind me bringing one of my members."
Elly said to the three girls. She gave Jimin a bright smile as a sign of acknowledgement, which made Jimin blush and bow almost straight away.
"Hello little ones. I'm Lua."
The energetic Weki Meki member from the maknae line stuck out her hand for each of the kids to shake. Once she got to Jihyo she stopped.
"How old are you?"
Jihyo sheepishly shook Lua's hand.
"14."
Lua jumped back at the words that escaped Jihyo's mouth.
"14.."
she whispered to Elly.
"Stop it."
Elly rolled her eyes at her over dramatic member, hitting her on the back of the head causing the kids standing infront of them to laugh.
Lua rubbed the back of her head with her hand, glancing over at Elly with a pout on her face.
"Unnie. You're like... very old."
She commented, before shielding her head again almost immediately regretting the words that slipped out of her mouth.

After coming to an agreement on where they should go, Elly decided to treat everyone for ramen. Everyone took their seats, Soeun immediately sliding into the seat right beside Elly. Jimin smirked at Soeun's antics, whilst Lua sitting beside Elly on the other side nudged her so she would bump into Soeun. Jimin noticed the other Weki Meki member and looked at her narrowing her eyes and a smirk plastered on her face. Lua made eye contact with Jimin and put her elbow onto the table.
"Great minds think a like Jimin."
Jimin lifted her elbow on the table too and the both put their hands together making a loud clapping sound. Elly who was apologising to Soeun, turned around to see Lua and Jimin making intense eye contact with their hands glued together.
"What is this...?"
"Nothing."
Lua replied rather suspiciously.

After everyone had enjoyed an amazing meal paid by Elly, the two girl group members slipped their masks on, and Elly put her cap back on in order to not be noticed by potential fans. Pulling out her phone from her back pocket, Elly checked the time to read 8pm. The youngest of the group was already yawning but trying to cover up her tiredness by covering her mouth with her hand.
"Han Jihyo I can see you."
Jimin laughed at the youngest.
Jihyo tried to make up multiple excuses in order to stay but eventually failed.
"I should take her back home."
Jimin said, feeling responsible of the younger one.
"But you guys stay. Have fun."
"No no. I'll go with you guys to make -"
Elly was interrupted by Lua pushing her away.
"Nonsense. I'll take them back. You and Soeun go and have fun."
Lua practically demanded, pushing the two girls away in the opposite direction.
Elly who could barely make in another word just yelled to the three girls headed home.
"Get home safely."
In the distance she could hear both Jimin and Jihyo yelling thank you.

As they were walking, Elly noticed that Soeun seemed to walk a bit away from her and everytime they accidentally touched she would get shy and turn away. Elly gaining the courage somehow, linked their arms together as they strolled down the street that had streetlights everyone so it was nice and bright. The two girls were interrupted yet again with a phone call from Lua.
"Oh god."
Elly muttered and picked up the phone, causing Soeun to slightly giggle beside her.
"What did you do?"
On the other end of the phone, Soeun could hear the sound of Lua's voice immediately going defense and saying stuff like, why do you always assume that I've done something. To which Elly replied by saying,
"because whenever I leave you to be by yourself you always break something."
Realising what she just said, she whispered into the phone.
"Did you break Jihyo?"
"UNNIE."
"Fine, sorry sorry. You didn't tho right?"
"I DIDN'T. I just wanted to tell you that Yoojung wants the red bean buns from the night stall."
"Tell her to get them herself."
Elly said bluntly.
"Rina said she wants some too."
"Oh well in that case, sure."
"FAVOURITISM MUCH."
Yoojung shouted on Lua's end of the phone and was beginning to rant but Elly had already hung up the phone.
"How do you feel about a trip to the night market?"
Elly turned to ask the girl beside her that had her arm linked with hers.

The two girls were headed to the stalls, the smell of freshly baked goods mixed with traditional korean street foods was honestly to die for. Although they only ate a few minutes ago, the smell was way too tempting for them to not buy anything. Soeun currently had her face pressed up against one of the windows that had hotteok (sweet pancakes) on the other side and Elly was handing the woman several coins before waving the delicious treat infront of Soeun's face like a dog toy.

It was late out and many people were still roaming around the streets. Although Elly wanted to spend more time with Soeun and cheer her up after her devastating news she knew that the other girl should get some sleep too. After all, she was a student still. If only the age would match up better. When they reached the apartment complex, Elly walked Soeun all the way up to her dorm and watched as Soeun pulled out her key but hesitated to open the door.
"What's wrong?"
Elly titled her head to examine the look on the younger girl's face.
"Was this a one time thing?"
Soeun asked, looking at Elly with big puppy dog eyes that the older just couldn't resist.
"Of course not! Don't be silly. I shouldn't be doing this but give me your phone."
Soeun handed her phone to Elly. A few seconds later, Elly's ringtone went off. With that, Elly signalled Soeun to head inside the door which she did.

"I'll call you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.4K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
243K 6K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
2.2M 115K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
869K 40.3K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...