The Retake: Douxie x Reader

By LeelaRosel

With Toby and Nari saved by y/n's powers Douxie comes to her aid as she passes out from exhaustion. He carrie... More

Prologue
Chapter one: A new beginning
Chapter two: Saviour
Chapter three: Blissful Actions
Chapter four: Tangled
Chapter six: Together Forever
Chapter seven: Unwanted Opponents
Chapter eight: A Visitor From Hell
Chapter nine: Magical Awakenings
Chapter ten: Nightmares Unfold
Chapter eleven: Expelled guests
Chapter twelve: Dal
Chapter thirteen: Test
Chapter fourteen: Worst Fears
Chapter fifteen: Lost Hope

Chapter five: Overdue Confessions

617 11 10
By LeelaRosel

Y/N'S POV

HE WHAT?! Woah woah woah woah hang on Douxie, THE DOUXIE, the one I've had a crush on for almost 2 years now HAS LONGED TO HOLD ME IN HIS ARMS?! But I thought he didn't even like me in that way I mean why would he I'm nothing special. I say to myself immediately doubting my personal aspects knowing that Douxie deserves someone far better than the likes of me.

I've been through heartbreaks before and all of them more or less lead to being error on my end like I'm not pretty enough or I'm too overbearing and what not. I know this isn't what Douxie wants.

"Y/n... Y/n... YN!" Douxie screams at me.

"Huh? What? Who died?" I respond frantically.

"Y/n..." Douxie says as he gets up a little and plants a loving kiss on my forehead.

"Darling... why are you crying" he questions softly.

"I'm crying?" I say allowed as Douxie nods and I look down to see my top stained in tears full of despair and self doubt"

"Oh I uh it's nothing it's just that I've liked you ever since we landed in Camelot Doux and it rips my heart to shreds every time I see you even remotely hurt so I can't even imagine losing you but I have nothing to offer. I know that there are others out there who are much better than me and will have more to offer like better looks or- or more bearable personalities and what not" I ramble on sending more tears down my face which only seem to put a sympathetic look on Douxie's face.

"Y/n L/n I fell in love with you and no one else ok? No one is better than you because there is only one you" Douxie confesses and wraps me into a protective hug which has me completely balling.

"Now come one lovely go get ready I want to take you somewhere" he continues which mildly confused me but I wipe my tears away and go with it anyway.

Now that I'm all dressed up in a sage green jumpsuit as majestic as the amazon and heels as power bringing as a Queen I walk into the kitchen for a second time today to find Douxie also dressed up and 'whispering' to Archie about what seems to be dancing?

Noticing that they hadn't yet acknowledged my existence I cleared my throat which sent the two sky high and shut them up on the spot.

Out of curiosity I questioned "what were ya talking about?"

"Um uh I was uh talking about" and after a long pause of silence "FOOD! yeah food Ar-Archie said he was hungry"

"I did?" replied Archie

"Yeah you did remember" snorted Douxie with an elbow to his familiar's side.

"Oh umm yeah food I'm hungry" Says Archie trying to save the secret.

Not wanting to pry I just settle for an "uh huh..." and grab my bag off the counter after converting my staff into a bracelet similar to Douxie's with runes covering its surface but of course a lot smaller as my magic focussed on elemental control so I could only perform a few spells like Douxie's and Merlin's but of course not of the same calibre.

After grabbing my bag I ask Douxie where he's taking me only to be met with a "It's a surprise" and with that being said Douxie walked over to the front door, winked at Archie and motioned for me to walk out.

Closing the door behind us both, Douxie takes me to a beautiful restaurant which is filled with chandeliers harbouring bright lights that are making everyone's shadows dance like ballerinas.

It completely mesmerized me and all I could do was stare at the lavish dining establishment until Douxie snaps me out of it by bringing us to a table. I felt like I was in a dream.

Soon after sitting down a waiter comes to our table and asks for our orders which for me is Beef Ragu a la penne and Douxie's being a medium rare steak bathed in a red wine sauce.

Once the food arrives I stare at the food for a solid minute with my mouth watering which makes Douxie laugh. "What?" I retort "It looks delicious"

"Well darling if it's so delicious then why don't you dig in?"

You don't have to give me an invitation to eat this wonderfully tasty looking meal and with that I dig in enjoying every last bite probably getting sauce all over my face which of course happens to be the case and Douxie being Douxie leans forward, cups my face in his right hand and uses his thumb to wipe the leftover sauce still residing on my bottom lip.

His actions ensue an immediate reaction and my cheeks turn as red as the pasta sauce which I attempt to hide by pretending to admire the structure of the restaurant.

As Douxie finishes up the last of his meal I go to the ladies bathroom in order to somewhat collect myself and once I make my way back to the table I see that he has already gotten the check.

"Doux!! You should have split it I don't want you paying for everything" I protest but all Douxie has to say is "Y/n I'm here taking you out on a date, I'm paying" to shut me up.

And being too afraid to say something and embarrass myself we walk in mostly silence. That is until Douxie slips his hand into my own and entwines our fingers.

Having had enough of this I stop walking and stare Douxie dead in the face while pointing to my own. "Do you see this? You know the redness spreading across both my cheeks? Are you trying to send me to my grave" I say in a very flustered tone.

"Oh I do see it love and it's adorable, that's why I'm doing this" he responds as he lifts my hand in his and kisses mine.

"Ight that's it I'm done BUT YOU'RE PAYING FOR MY FUNERAL!" I say in a last hope to be left alive but all Douxie does is laugh at me.

Before I knew it we had finished climbing a steep slope and walked forward to see the sunset slowly setting behind the vast horizon.

It was completely and utterly breath taking.

The pink pastel hues emanating from the sun and reflecting off the waters edge were surely a sight to behold and just as the sun's setting began to speed up Douxie clicked his fingers and a whole façade of fairy lights lit up the ground we were standing on.

And to make the moment even more magical Douxie used his staff to created little balls of magic which looked like blue fireflies.

Now standing in front of me and placing his hand on the back of my neck he confesses "It isn't much but Archie and I put it together. I hope you like it."

"Like it? How could I like it" I love it, it's breathtaking" I say in complete awe.

"Well then in that case, may I have this dance" Douxie kindly asks as background music begins to play.

It was so beautifully romantic I couldn't say no and so I stepped into the light and placed my hand in his and off we went. Dancing to the rhythm of the music with swaying footsteps as light as a feather making time stop in the moment.

Once the song ended Douxie cupped my face in his soft and gentle hand again and asked with a pleading and scared expression "Y/n... will you be my girlfriend? I-it's ok if you don't want to I understand you probably aren't looking for someone right now that's ok don't worry about it"

And after hearing Douxie ramble on for a near 30 seconds I grab the hand he's holding my face with and kiss him on his warm and soft lips just as the sun sets behind the sea.

I can't believe I just did that and I don't think Douxie can either because he stared at me with bright red cheeks and a face full of shock.

Being too caught up in the moment I forgot to answer him "Oh uh yes haha I got a little too carried away there oop-" but before I could even finish my sentence he grabbed my waist, pulled me into him and kissed me for a second time.

My heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest with all the excitement but thankfully I stayed calm enough to enjoy the moment.

Now noticing the temperature grow considerably colder we decide to head home and Douxie being the kind and soft hearted sweetheart he is noticed the blisters on my feet due to wearing heals and gave me a piggy back ride home while I questioned him endlessly about how long he liked me for.

Alright my lovlies that's it for another chapter of The Retake sorry for the extremely long chapter it ended up being 1557 words long- I went to finish earlier but it was waayyy too short and so I ended up continuing with the story but got a little carried away haha oops. Oh well, hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer or winter.

❤❤- Rose

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.6K 2.2K 60
Krel Tarron X ( F )Reader. ( She/her pronouns. ) A Noble From Akiridion-5 named Y/n is on route to a Kleb-tastic Adventure with the Tarron's on a Pla...
11.2K 503 54
Y/N is a college teen who stumbled upon a certain TrollHunters adventure while she was kept in the dark. It all started with the 8th trollhunter figh...
147 32 11
Douxie Casperan and Victoria Reinsif used to be best friends: one an apprentice under Merlin and the other dedicated to a demigoddess patron. But tha...