Prelude - TSV Oneshots

By Voodooquene

Welcome to my angsty oneshot book! This books will be rarely updated but I hope you guys like it! P.S. If you... More

A/N
Remember?
Broken Love
Hidden Smile
The Challenge Pt. 2
Scales
The Date
Lucas The Violinist
Traitor
Prom

The Challenge

254 4 6
By Voodooquene

//Hey there, so this one is not an original idea, I only saw this on a tiktok video.//

“Hey Eddy, I have a challenge for you to do.” 

Eddy heard Brett and placed his violin down “Oh? Do I get a prize?”

“How about I’ll give you bubble tea if you do it successfully?” Brett challenged him and Eddy smiled.

“Alright. I’m in!” Eddy said enthusiastically and sat down, determined to know what the challenge was. He was so ready for it, he would do anything for bubble tea. Not unless the challenge included cockroaches, cause if so he’s out. He hated those pesky insects as the way it just crawls and moves its antenna can make him shiver and cry.

“Look, I swear if this includes cockroaches I will kill you.” Eddy chuckled nervously.

“You don’t need to worry about that alright, trust me.” Brett rolled his eyes and continued. “Also, I bet you won’t be even able to kill me cause you love me too much.”

“So THERE ARE COCKROACHES INCLUDED!” Eddy exclaimed as he playfully punched Brett in the shoulder. The smaller one started to laugh as Eddy pouted at him. What kind of a friend would do that? Soon enough he gave in and laughed along. 

The laughter soon died down and Brett was finally able to collect himself. The two took a deep breath and Brett started to explain the challenge. “Okay, I challenge you to stay away from me for a day."

"Oh? Why?" Eddy furrowed his eyebrows as he asked. What kind of a challenge was that anyway? He knew himself that he could never last a day without his Brett and he will never ever leave him.

“I just thought it would be a fun challenge.” Brett replied back. Eddy felt like something was wrong, like HE did something wrong. Is this a reason to escape from him? The thought saddened him and it made him feel like a bad boyfriend. 

“Hey, I know what you’re thinking but this has nothing to do with you. I promise.”

“Then why would you ask for this?”

“It’ll be like, uhh, a surprise.” Brett looked at Eddy and hugged him tight. Eddy slowly buried his head in his boyfriend’s shoulder. Whatever this reason may be, he will still love him nonetheless.

*

Next day arrived quickly and Eddy decided to stay with his parents for the day. Sure he still has his own apartment, but it's more likely used for storage now. Besides, he really needed some company especially that Brett’s not with him.

He thought that he would have at least a little bit of fun there but he kind of just spent sitting on the couch trying to think of what he could’ve possibly done wrong. 

With enough time, he decided to have a little bit of practice. Usually practicing the violin helps him feel better so he did just that. He decided to play some Tchaikovsky to help him calm down. It was Brett’s favorite composer and whenever he played a piece from Tchaik, it felt like Brett was beside him.

Eddy thought of a piece to play. With a bit of time, he decided to play Tchaikovsky’s violin concerto in D. The same piece they played in their 2mil Livestream. That was definitely a memorable moment. He started playing the first few notes and closed his eyes. It didn’t take a while for him to get lost in the music he was playing.

He played for what seemed like countless hours. All of his worries were starting to ease as he played each note through his violin. His passion for violin was flowing out of the room. As Eddy played through, all of his memories with Brett kept appearing. From their big world tours, to their small little dates. Those memories flow out as if he was a character from a movie or story. 

Soon enough, Eddy finally played the last note. He opened his eyes hoping he’d see Brett in front of him. Of course, he wasn’t. With a disappointed sigh, he placed his violin back on its case. He sat down on the sofa and looked through the window, he really misses his boyfriend. Okay it may be only one day but Eddy just couldn’t help it. He was madly in love and a day without him just feels off. 

He knew he had to at least do something other than just sit around and daydream. He stood up and held his breath and started his day again.

*

Eddy could not sleep.

It was currently 12AM and he’s still awake as ever. He tried to toss and turn around so he could find a comfortable position to sleep on, but nothing. His phone was beside him right now and just by looking at it makes him want to contact Brett. He tried to stop himself from doing so mostly because it's the middle of the night, he didn’t want to be such a bother.

He once again tried to shut his eyes tight until his phone buzzed rapidly. Eddy quickly grabbed onto his phone and answered “Hello?”

“Hello, Eddy? This is Mrs Yang speaking.”

“Oh, hey Mrs Yang.”

“I am so sorry to be such a bother right now but I thought you need to know now.”

Eddy froze. What was happening? Is Brett hurt? “What do I need to know?”

“Unfortunately, Brett is not with us anymore.” Mrs Yang replied.

“Wait what?” Eddy couldn’t believe what he heard. “Is Brett.. Dead?”

“I’m sorry.”

Eddy’s ability to speak disappeared. All he could do was end the call and sit on the bed again. It felt like everything happened so suddenly. They were just doing a challenge at first and now his own boyfriend is dead. He didn’t even know the reason why! Did Brett kill himself? Did he get into an accident? Was he sick all along? 

I guess the cause didn’t matter to him, the only thing that he cared about was Brett and now he’s gone. Eddy just stared at the floor, trying to process everything. He didn’t even realize he was crying until the droplets fell on the floor. Why did it end like this?

Not even a minute later, Eddy was now sobbing uncontrollably. A day without him was already so hard on him and now he has to do it daily. He wasn’t even able to give a proper goodbye for god's sake!

Eddy didn’t have any choice left with him but lay down on his bed and cried. Soon enough he drifted away, dreaming about a guy with glasses standing in front of him.

*

Eddy woke up early to go check on Brett and his family. He was really desperate to know what happened to his boyfriend so he quickly got into some nice clothes and left. He called Mrs Yang so that he could ask where they were. 

A few minutes later, he was already there. He was about to ask the reception desk until Mrs Yang approached him. He waved at her and gave a smile, a weak one. Soon enough he was walking along the halls, following Mrs Yang like a Golden Retriever. 

At last, they finally arrived. He gulped before entering the room. And there he was. 

“Brett.” He whispered as he went close to his dead boyfriend. Eddy was lost for words as he delicately touched Brett’s pale hands. It only took a matter of seconds before breaking apart.

Eddy fell on his knees as he started to sob uncontrollably again, holding his lover’s hand tightly. Why must this happen to them? Was this the reason for the challenge? Oh he couldn’t keep his thoughts together as a dam of tears kept coming. He thought he’d be able to hold it together but he just couldn’t. 

“Why would you do this? Is this the surprise? You dead??” He sobbed. “I didn’t even say goodbye properly, you idiot!”

As he was crying, he felt a hand on his shoulder. After that, Mrs Yang pulled him to a hug “I’m so sorry you have to find out this way, Eddy. I knew how much you love my son.”

The only thing Eddy could do now was stay in the hug and cry more. What else could he do anyway? Call God and tell him to bring Brett back? That wasn’t even possible! If he could only do that, he would very much do that for Brett, even if his life was at risk.

It took him a good while to dry himself out. He untangled himself from the hug and sniffled “I’m sorry, you shouldn’t have seen that Mrs Yang.”

Brett’s mum smiled at him with tears brimming in her eyes “Oh dear, there’s nothing to be sorry for here.”

“I just don’t know why he left like this. He never told me anything about this!”

Mrs Yang sighed. “I’m sorry he didn’t tell you or any of us didn’t tell you. Brett just doesn’t want you to worry and he wants you to stay happy until he’s gone.”

“I just wished I was able to say goodbye properly.”

“I know dear.”

“I wish he would at least tell me so I can spend more time with him. ” Eddy sniffled as he wiped the tears in his eyes.

TBC...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 115 17
What will you do having just one month left to live? Brett, Eddy and a list of things to do before it's all too late. !ANGST STORY! Written 30/07/20...
55.6K 1.7K 22
Twoset Violin's Brett and Eddy Fanfiction. ❤️🎻 Ten years after a trip to the beach, that changed the violinists relationship for ever, Brett and Edd...
42K 2.4K 81
A/N/ Hi guys and welcome to another episode of Avdk80 writes Breddy! So, this short book (I'm guessing at most fifty chapters, just fair warning ;-))...
30.9K 1.8K 44
There was not a shred of doubt in Eddy's body that his neighbour was a professional musician. The sound was simply too crisp and clean for anything e...