Gmailing You

By _amxnx_

The days when no technology existed, love was written on letters, eyes were met, hands were frequently intert... More

1. Save Your Tears
2. Those Eyes, Oh God
3. Cherry Blossom Fall
4. Starlight and Moons
5. A Betrayed Heart
6. Vanilla Ice Cream
7. Bittersweet
9. Stolen Hugs & Kisses
10. London
11. Ramen Night
12. Best Friend's Love
13. Such A Tease
14. Apple Bites
15. Theif Of Hearts
16. Lift Your Arms
17. Eyes On You
18. Take My Hand
19. Sunsets and Secrets
20. Stuck With You
21. Garden Of Butterflies
22. The Wrong Mail
23. Home Alone
24. The Second Chance
25. Magic Of Melon
26. Falling All In You
27. Hugs & Cuddles
28. Take Me With You
29. Trails Of Love
30. Bed Sharing
31. Camera Beauty
32 . Obsessed Bunny
33. Confession Reveal
34. Wrong Timing Right Person
35. Survival Of The Fittest
36. Bunny Gurl
37. Don't Run Away
38. Bandit Of Love
39. Flowers & Her
40. Steps To Hell
41. Sunshine & Beaches
42. Jealousy Is A Disease
43. Humpty Dumpty
44. Bonfire
45. Surprise Kitten
46. Missed Bus
47. Taennie
48. My Only One
49. Love Circus
50. Kill For Love
51. The Unexpected
52. Enchanted
53. Birthday Boy

8. Just Friends

484 30 25
By _amxnx_

"If it makes you happy, then it is not a waste of time."

___

You wipe your lips before picking up your chopsticks and digging up. "I did not know you already thought of Jennie as your girlfriend, huh." You tease and Jungkook frowns, nodding his head stiffly at the food with his knitted eyebrows, "I always had to use that excuse, or else they wouldn't stop pestering me." He answers, stretching his arms on the table and leaning back on the chair, "The food is quite good here anyways."

Slurping the ramen soup, you hum in response when Jungkook suddenly gets up from his chair and stops you, collecting your hair strands together, falling on your face, "Look at you being all clumsy again, God." He pushes them back as you take a long gulp sitting straight and noticing that they were about to slip into the soup.

"Aish, sorry." You take back your hair, tying them up in a messy bun as Jungkook sits back in his seat, casually looking at you tying your hair up. Noticing you.

You were about to die. Your cheeks were flushed crimson shade red and it was really embarrassing when he saw you get all awkward, inelegant, lazy and clumsy.

To be honest, Jennie suited him.

He sits straight and picks on his boiled egg before dropping it in your remaining ramen. "Eat that too, you need to eat well to stay healthy." He points out with a caring look and taps his chopsticks on your bowl, asking you to dig up, as you see him with your round eyes wondering how easy it was to fall in love with him.

How popular he was and how he simply decided to love you out of all the pretty girls who were dying to have him. Those ten years that you talked to each other were a big step towards growing your feeling for each other.

Deceiving him didn't feel right at all.

This was wrong. Not only for Jungkook but also for Jennie and she was naive to understand this, too naive. But what could you even do? Jennie has no idea about the bond you and Jungkook shared in those emails. She didn't know that Jungkook and you were slowly starting to feel something for each other even before meeting in person.

She didn't know that he was already in love with you.

Were you now supposed to tell her about this? After she fell for him? How could you be so irresponsible?

You wouldn't have come to this point if only you explained to Jennie about your feelings towards Jungkook before he came back from London. Nothing could've happened if you had a little more courage to confess to Jungkook that it was you who sent him the mail. That you were the one he fell in love with.

It was too late for the truth to come out. Everything was a mess. How could you fix this? Whichever path you'd choose, it would definitely put you to blame. Yes, you were guilty but not capable enough to see how your one confession would turn someone's life upside down. You had no idea how the events would turn out when you make Jungkook realize that the person he thought he fell in love with is not actually her but you. Who did it out of pity at first since Jennie was not willing to, but inevitably proceeded without any conscience and ended up being the person he actually fell for.

It was serious and it was getting out of hand. You had to figure something out before everything could get worse.

+++

"I'm full ma." You roll on your bed holding onto your blanket and cupping yourself like a rice ball not wanting to eat dinner. "I already ate stomach full with Jungkook." You groan from underneath the sheets as your mom huffs, settling herself down on the bed. "Alright just give it to Jennie."

Your mom lies down on your bed, placing the plate on the table, "She's busy stitching and knitting in her room all day, you should go give her something to eat."

You pop your head out of the sheets, your hair all scrambled and cheeks fluff red due to the heat inside, "She is ridiculous." Slipping out of your bed, you rub your eyes checking the time. It was eight pm already and you'd been slothing on the bed for an hour.

And Jennie didn't eat anything, acting like a fashionista maniac again. She's used to having such episodes when she's full of motivation, leaving everything and focusing on designing clothes.

Picking up the food plate from the dressing table you make your way out to Jennie's room until you see that it's slightly opened. As you were about to open the door wider your hands stop.

There they were. Jungkook and Jennie together in one room.

"C'mon, just one bite." Jungkook sits next to her, feeding her a spoonful of rice. His eyes beautifully admiring her face as she tilts her head towards him opening her mouth.

"That's my girl." He pats her head as Jennie nods, getting busy with sketching again as Jungkook mixes Kimchi and curry with rice, making himself comfortable and looking at her drawing at the same time with a sweet expression on his face as if he was so proud of her.

This was so hard than you imagined it could've been. They were so happy. How could you think of hurting them with your harsh truth? Why would you become selfish when your lie was just making two of your favourite people happy?

Jungkook wipes the end of Jennie's lips as Jennie moves his hand away embarrassed. She picks up a napkin and immediately wipes herself as Jungkook chuckles, waiting for her to loosen up.

"I'm so sorry." Jennie apologizes stopping her drawing and turning her chair back to Jungkook's, taking the bowl from his palms and extending the spoon of rice to him, "You're eating with me." She smiles and Jungkook laughs, leaning forward with the biggest grin on his lips, "Alright, ma'am."

Turning away you walk back to your room not disturbing them. The pent-up tears slip down your eyes. Your heart hurts so much. It seems like you weren't emotionally prepared to watch them so lovey-dovey with each other.

This was going to take time to get used to.

+++

Nuzzling your face under the pillows you try to sleep but your eyes have no plans to relax. It was almost midnight and you couldn't get a wink.

Sitting up straight you search for a book to read when suddenly a knock on your door stops you. "Who's there?" You ask reaching for your robe and wearing it as a familiar voice calls for you, "It's me Y/n."

Jungkook.

"Coming." You reach out to the door, opening it to find Jungkook dressed up. His hair scrambled, a silk cream shirt half tucked under his black pants. The sleeves of his hands folded till his elbows as he raises his hand to run fingers through his hair, "Can I come in?"

You blink letting him in, closing the door behind you. "Is everything alright?" You ask taking a seat on your bed as Jungkook rests himself on the armchair next to you.

Hanging his head back, he stretches his legs clasping his hands on his stomach and relaxing his full body, "Y-yeah everything's fine, it's just that— I came to talk about Jennie." He lifts back his head and his silky hair falls on his forehead.

"Okay...?" You wait and he just looks at you. You blink and he still stares. "Jungkook?" You call for him and he opens his mouth, "I proposed to her." He reveals and you take it. Yeah, you knew this was about to happen.

You nod, waiting for him to elaborate on that as Jungkook twists his lips, "She said she'll give me the answer when I come back on the next trip."

Oh.

With puckered lips you slowly nod, trying to understand why was he so uneasy about this. If it were you instead of Jennie you could've already asked him to become your boyfriend but Jennie was new and of course, she needed time to think about him.

They just met a few days ago.

"At least she didn't reject you right?" You rest your elbow on the bed, laying your head on your palm and taking his beauty in. He was just so beautiful.

Jungkook rolls his eyes at your response, grunting and shaking his head, "The situation is different, she wouldn't deny me of course. We're in love Y/n." He admits and you almost feel your spine shiver.

"She must need some more time I suppose." You try as much as you can to normalize it for him but God he waited ten years how much more was he going to wait?

He sits up straight, offended. "You've never been in love. You got no idea."

You wouldn't know? Oh, you knew it better than anyone else. Only you know much you are refraining from revealing the terrifying truth to him, just to see him happy.

"Right," You sigh lying your head down on the bed and looking up at the roof, "I don't think so there's anyone who would like me anyways" You close your eyes. "What?" You heard him sounding almost offended,

"What?" You ask glancing at him.

"Have you not dated anyone?"

"Nope"

"Why?"

"I don't know" you blink. Why was he now suddenly interested in you? "You've gotta be kidding me!" He stood straight facing you, "How could no one approach you?" He frowns.

"It's not like they didn't...it's just that I-" he cuts you off by suddenly squeezing both of your cheeks with his palms "You're really pretty! How could men not fall for you?"

"Huh?" Your cheeks flushed red and your eyes widened in surprise, looking at him above you, "Never judge yourself for someone who doesn't know your worth Y/N and trust me..." his face is serious, "You're worth every—"

You cut him off, "I was just playing around." Holding his hands still squeezing your cheeks you pull them away as Jungkook stares unbelievably at you, totally hating you for this joke.

"But it's nice knowing that you—" He cuts you off this time walking off on you, "Shut up. I'm leaving." He throws his hands in the air brushing you away as you laugh getting out of bed and seeing him off until you see something fall out of his pocket.

"Hey wait!" You call out to him, bending on your knees and finding a Polaroid picture of him and a guy that seemed to look like his friend. "You almost lost this." Dusting it, you hand it over to him as he turns finding you holding a picture in your hand. He parts his lips taking the picture back, "Thank You."

He looks at the picture himself and chuckles, "It's my best friend." He points at his handsome friend, "Kim Taehyung"

<♡>

A/N

Hope ya'll are enjoying the story so farr

Don't forget to add it to your reading list ;)

Amxnx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 76.8K 58
"Just follow my lead, and we'll learn this together." βœ” Β©BadBusanBxtchesOnly 2018 Started: 9/21/2018 Ended: 4/24/2019 1M reads 8/5/2021 πŸ’œπŸ’œ **πŸ₯‰3RD...
659K 21.8K 20
"i'm tired, so tired of being just your second choice. the one you'll only come running to when you need comforting."
40K 1.2K 28
❝ suck my blood until the thirst of your craves on me satisfied, baby. ❞ jeon jungkook college x vampire au ©jiggukae 2021
8K 456 26
❝ who are we to say that we are never meant to be together? we are not God. ❞ jeon jungkook idol x underground fighter au ©jiggukae 2021