The Real You (Camilo x Reader)

By CrazyCatTeen35

Camilo x Fem!Reader "You know...you don't always have to pretend to be someone you're not. There's nothing wr... More

Prolouge
(1) Meeting
(2) Imagine
(3) Revelation
(4) Awkward
(5) Contribute
(6) Lightning
(7) Enhanced
(8) Optimistic
(10) Laughter
(11) Opportunity
A Quick Note *CLOSED*
(12) Vibrant
(13) Ethereal
(14) Remember
(15) SeΓ±ora
Epilogue
Announcement!
Announcement! (2)

(9) Flustered

6.6K 190 424
By CrazyCatTeen35

Hey everyone!
I promise I'll be quick cause you're here for Camilo lol.
Somehow this books at 4K reads which I can't wrap my head around. (I launched this story literally a week ago)
So thanks again! You (yes you) are amazing, and I'm so grateful for all of your support! Your sweet and funny comments inspire me so much and I feel so blessed to have such lovely readers!

Now back to Camilo...

The next morning, some of the Madrigals went to search for Mirabel, and a few stayed back where Casa Madrigal stood, in case she came back. It was late afternoon when we heard Julieta shouting, and we realized that Mirabel had come home.

We all dash around the corner of the ruins of the house and see Julieta and Mirabel hugging one another.

"We were so worried. We couldn't find you." Julieta says with tears in her eyes.

A swollen Agustín runs up to them and places his hands on their shoulders. "There were bees everywhere." Mirabel places a loving hand on her dad's cheek and smiles at him. Agustín pats her shoulder. "I'll be okay."

I smile at the sweet moment as Camilo walks up. "Uh... not if we don't have a house." He says, placing his hands on his hips. Félix nudges his son with his elbow. "What? We don't have a house. I can't say we don't have a house?" Camilo gestures to the pile of rubble in front of us. "What is that? Not a house."

I try to hold in a laugh.

Mirabel slowly walks up to the broken doorway of the house. "Look at this home; we need a new foundation. It may seem hopeless, but we'll get by just fine." She begins to sing.

Suddenly, a lightbulb goes off in my head. I quickly run back into town and stand on the steps of the church. I feel the swarm of butterflies begin to fly around in my stomach at the thought of getting everyone's attention. C'mon (yn)... you can do this. Do it for the Madrigals. I think, trying to reassure myself. I take a deep breath. "Everyone!" I shout. I look around and I only get a couple of sideways glances. I wasn't being loud enough...

Louder!

"Attention everyone!!" I try shouting with more force, but I'm still not loud enough.

Louder!

"HEY!! EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!"

The people stop what they're doing and turn to face me. I feel my heart racing as I look around at everyone. So many people... I push the thoughts from my mind. I didn't have time to worry about myself. I take a deep breath inward. "The Madrigal family needs our help! Casa Madrigal has completely fallen apart, and the magic is gone with it!" a few people gasp and murmur to each other. "I know it's asking a lot, but they need your help to rebuild their home! They devote themselves to helping this community in any way they can, and never ask for anything in return. It's time that we return the favor! Now, who's with me?!"

A roar of cheering erupts from the crowd, and I grin from ear to ear.

I can't believe I did it!

"Then let's go!"

I lead the townspeople down the path to the Madrigal's home, and we begin singing.

A: "Hey!

Lay down your load!

(Lay down your load~)

We are only down the road!

(We are only down the road~)

We have no gifts, but we are many~

And we'll do anything for you!"

The Madrigal family's faces light up when they see everyone in town coming to help them. Mirabel runs over and gives me a huge bear-hug. "Did you bring them all here?" She asks in amazement.

I nod.

"(yn), I can't believe you were able to overcome your fear of public speaking just for us! You're amazing!"

I sheepishly scratch the back of my head. "Thanks, Mirabel."

Mirabel led us to where the foundation was being built and starts to pass out supplies to people. Camilo strolls up and smirks at me. He takes two shovels from Mirabel and passes one to me. "Watch and learn, Señorita." He says with a smug grin. Camilo attempts to twirl his shovel in his hand, but it slips and almost falls. Camilo quickly grabbed it before it hit the ground.

I start laughing as Camilo pouts over his failed attempt at showing off.

:-:-:-:-:-:

A little bit later while I was planting some cattleya orchid seeds, Camilo comes over and begins helping me.

"I'm proud of you." He says, gently nudging me.

I feel my cheeks grow warm. "W-Why?"

Camilo digs a small hole in the dirt and places some seeds inside. "I know how worried you get over putting yourself out there, but you still did it anyway. I mean, look at all the people who came to help. They're here because of you. Not everyone would face their fear for someone else's sake." He carefully places the dirt over top of the seeds. "It takes guts to do something like that. You're stronger than you think."

I smile and feel my cheeks getting hotter. I try to turn my face away, feeling embarrassed that I was blushing over a compliment. I look down at my bag of seeds and realize it's empty. I brush the dirt off of my hands and I'm about to stand up when I glance over at Camilo, who's still fixated on his work. "T-Thanks..." I softly say. Without thinking I kiss him on the cheek.

I quickly stand up and dart away internally screaming at myself.

Why did I do that? Why did I do that? Why did I do that?

I wanted to dig myself my own hole in the dirt to be buried in.

I can't believe I just kissed Camilo on the cheek! What came over me? We're just friends! I don't like Camilo that way!

It hit me.

A steam engine couldn't have possibly hit me harder.

I did like Camilo that way.

:-:Camilo's POV:-:

Camilo knelt beside (Yn) and began helping her plant seeds. After a couple of moments of awkward silence, He spoke up. "I'm proud of you."

She looked a bit flustered. "W-Why?" (Yn) asked, slightly blushing.

Camilo digs a small hole in the dirt and places some seeds inside. He looks at her and smiles. "I know how worried you get over putting yourself out there, but you still did it anyway. I mean, look at all the people who came to help. They're here because of you. Not everyone would face their fear for someone else's sake." He carefully places the dirt over top of his seeds. "It takes guts to do something like that. You're stronger than you think."

(Yn)'s face turns bright red, and she turns away.

Shoot, did I say something wrong? Maybe I offended her somehow...Camilo's mind was racing with paranoia as he tried to figure out why (Yn) turned away. He only stared at his hands, carefully placing the seeds in the ground, and burying them. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed (Yn) dusting off her hands and getting ready to stand up. Great, I offended her so badly that she's leaving. Nice one, Camilo. He thinks. If his hands weren't covered in dirt, he would've smacked one against his forehead.

(Yn)'s voice breaks Camilo from his thoughts. "T-Thanks..." She softly says.

She's not mad?!

(Yn) leans her face close to Camilo's, and ever-so-gently kisses his freckled cheek. Camilo's eyes widen, and his entire face turns a brighter shade of red than any rose Isabela ever could've grown. Camilo looks to his side, but (yn) was already gone. A huge smile spreads across his face, and he falls backward into the grass. Camilo was on cloud 9. He couldn't stop replaying the moment in his head (Yn) kissed my cheek.

Suddenly, a figure looks down at Camilo.

Mirabel smirks as she pushes her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

"Hm hm hm... nice 'friend' you got there Camilo."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.5K 1.4K 11
The story is finished I just stopped doing the one shots :) β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’ After your father, died your...
21K 482 7
Set after the events of Encanto. - Your family has just moved into the village and your first sight is a family with gifts. One of them, a girl named...
149K 3.6K 20
"I'm gonna marry her anyway!" Camilo crossed his arms. "And how are you exactly gonna do that?" Dolores smirked and walked towards Camilo. "Watch me...
86.6K 2.6K 40
A story that follows Y/N and Camilo in your somewhat enemies to friends to lovers trope. Camilo Madrigal is known for his vibrant and cunning persona...