For 'Beta' Or For Worse

By Arichnida

Most werewolves who are unable to find their mates either run mad and become rouges or die... But that was no... More

Prologue...
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Part 2
Prt 2: Chapter 1
Prt2: chapter 2
Prt3: Chapter 3
Prt2: Chapter 4
Prt2: Chapter 5
Prt2: Chapter 6
Prt2: Chapter 7
Prt2: Chapter 8
Prt2: Chapter 9
Prt2: Chapter 10
Prt2: Chapter 11
Prt2: Chapter 12
Prt2: Chapter 13
Prt 2: Chapter 14
Part2: Chapter 15
Prt2: Chapter 16
Prt2: Chapter 17
Prt2: Chapter 18
Prt2: Chapter 19
Sequel...
Book 2 is OUTTTT!!!

Chapter 13

3.4K 137 9
By Arichnida

"Come here you filthy rat, I am going to kill you! "

We have been running round the pack house for what I am sure is almost an hour now.
She had something to do with that rat that poisoned me with wolfsbane while I was still in the dungeon. I don't know how she did it, she probably has the ability to control rats and feed them poison and also give them freakish human eyes, honestly I couldn't careless if she birthed the rat, the only thing on my mind right now is killing this bitch.

She ran down the stairs giggling like a little child, waving her hands above her head.

Am I a joke to this woman!?

Of course, we earned a few weird stares from the other wolves in the pack house, some even stopped entirely to watch us as we ran in circles around one of the many large dinner tables.
Soon I got tired of her constant giggling and always being on the other side of the table away from my reach, so I flipped the dinner table over, all its content dropping to the floor some ceramic plates and wine glasses shattering from the impact.

She bent down just in time as the table narrowly misses her head.
I am going to pay for the damages done to the table so it would have been completely worth it if I had injured her at least.

"Hey!"
she looks up at me with wide eyes
"are you crazy, that would have killed me!" she looked genuinely shocked like realization just hit her that I was not joking about wanting to behead her.

I roll my eyes at her exaggeration
"don't be so melodramatic, a table that size would need to be made of silver or"
My smirk growing
"coated with wolfsbane before it'd actually kill you" I leaned forward to pick up a piece of the broken glass that laid on the floor, making sure it was sharp enough before pouncing on her.

Once again like with my multiple attempts this night she slipped away from my reach.
Sigh...
and the chase continues, Only that this time she wasn't giggling uncontrollably like before. She screamed hysterically like a scared little child as she approached the stair cases which I hoped would slow her down.

"I promise I wasn't trying to assassinate you"
she said as she jumped down from the stair case, skipping all fourteen of the stairs.

'Damn... How can someone that small move so fast'
I thought to myself, trying to catch my breath as I approached the stairs
"I swear I am going to go back to the dungeon when I am done with you"
I point out to her but by this time she was long gone but I could still smell her.
I am not giving up until I pluck her tiny head from her tiny body.

I followed her scent then ended up in the meeting room.

Stupid...I know this pack like the back of my hands, hiding inside the meeting room won't save you

"Oh I've got you now piece of shit"
I said, piece of glass still at hand, smirking from cheek to ear as I got ready to kick the doors open
"I am going to fucking kill you... "

Oh Fuck..

Oh Fuck...

The doors flew open and I was welcomed by the amused faces of many werewolves, some I recognized and some I haven't seen before.

The meeting!

'How could I forget about the meeting' I thought, mentally face palming myself.
I could feel the irritated eyes of Alpha Peter glaring daggers at me, and it made me shift from foot to foot awkwardly before nervously dropping the piece of glass that I held.
As it crashed to the ground the sound echoed round the now quiet hall, way to go Raven...call more attention to yourself.

I turned to see the filthy rodent girl waving at me, she was seated on the laps of a muscular man who seem to find this whole situation amusing. He looks somewhat familiar

Oh my goddess...that is Alpha Drulock, THE Alpha Drulock!

I've only seen him in Pictures and those pictures don't do him Justice, he was way finer in person.
I bowed my head down trying to hide the blush that started to appear on my cheeks.

"So Raven"
The muscular god of a man finally spoke
"you want to kill my mate Huh? "

The rodent is his.....Raven Luther, FUCKKKEEDDD!!

I could feel the sweat drip from my face, his voice is just as divine as in the legends, it was stern but gentle at the same time, I could tell that he was joking but I couldn't move an inch.

"Raven, seat here "
Niola called out to me from the edge of the big table, there I saw an empty seat, and just like a robot I found my legs moving towards her with my head still heard low.
"What took you guys so long, Verina left to call you thirty minutes ago"
she whispered as she pulled the seat back for me.
Venira... So her name is Venira,
Sounds dumb.

"Thank you" I whispered but the words didn't exactly come out

"Now that the man of the moment is here I think it's fine if we begin the meeting" Verina suggested clapping her hands together in excitement.
"Not now Honey, The crowned Alpha hasn't arrived yet" Alpha Drulock said softly kissing Verina's shoulders before looking back up at Alpha Peter.

My head shoot up at the sound of crowned Alpha... They are clearly talking about Dominic.
I looked round the table, my heart threatening to burst out of my Chest. He wasn't here, I didn't take note when I entered the room.

"Dominic will not be joining us today"
Alpha Peter finally spoke, rising to his feet
"He came down with a fever some weeks ago and he is taking his time to recover"
The whole room soon became crowded with whispers from all angles.

It felt like a dagger was pierced into my heart just by the thought of Dominic being sick.

The hall became silent when Alpha Drulock and his mate both started laughing.

Are these...people mad?

"nice one Peter" he says inbetween laughs "I must say, from all my many years of walking the earth it is unusual to hear of a werewolf catch a fever much less an Alpha blood" He says with eyes closed, trying control him self
"this is the funniest joke I've heard in the past 10 thousand years, fever" he scoffs, wiping what I figured were tears from his eyes.

I have always imagined Alpha Drulock to be strict and freakishly serious. But this...this is the exact opposite, him and his underaged mate are high on something.

I could see Alpha Peter hide his clenched fist behind his back. If it was any other Alpha not Drulock the Phoenix Alpha I guarantee you that no one From the visiting pack would walk out of this room alive. But, seeing as Alpha Drulock could summon flames that could burn this castle to the ground faster than we can blink Peter let this one slide. That is why we need him on our side and not the other way around. That, I am guessing is the purpose of this meeting.

"I'll fetch Dominic" Luna Claire finally spoke, placing her hands on her mates back in her attempt to calm him down.

"There will be no need for that"
Our heads all turn as the doors of the meeting room flew open

Dominic...

He looked around for a second, not skipping eye contact with anyone before finally resting his gaze on....Me.

Dominic.

Breathing all of a sudden became really hard. Niola placed her hands on my lap, I was visibly shaking. It took the grace of the goddess to keep me seated, I wanted to rush to him, I wanted to hold him.

The feelings are back again... This time stronger than ever before.

Dominic's POV

By the time I woke up the room was empty, I could only remember faintly that Vanessa came to visit me earlier and was sent out by the Luna. I'll have to talk to my mother later about that.

The meeting!

I jumped out of bed when I remembered the meeting, I can't afford to miss it,
Raven will be there...

and he is... Looking glorious as always

I am currently standing a good ten steps away from where he was seated. His brown red eyes looking back directly at mine.

I wanted to hug him, I wanted him between my arms, I wanted to inhale his sweet scent and tell him how much I have missed him. What is this I am feeling?
I rested my dominant arm on my chest, my heart was beating so hard it hurt.

Soon Yuri walked up to me, blocking my view from Raven
"My love, are you okay? "
She said cupping my face, I could tell that she was concerned. I love Yuri....She's my Mate, But i can't be held responsible for what would happen if she continues blocking my view from Raven.

"Welcome Dominic" Alpha Drulock said flashing me a warm smile as he looked between Raven and I.

To avoid making things weirder than they already were I allowed Yuri escort me to the place my Father was seated.
I checked Raven to meet his head held low. He wasn't hiding the fact that he was avoiding me.

Pfftt this child...

"let's not waste anymore time, now that they are both here I think we can begin"
Venira spoke looking back at Alpha Drulock then he nodded in response.

Heyyyyy lovelies!
How is everyone doing?
I wasn't really settled when I wrote this chapter but I hope it wasn't too boring 😁
Okay, just let me know what you think in the comments.
Byeeee 🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...
4.4M 59.9K 28
Meet the best Alpha ever, Lance Stryder. Are you tired of werewolf stories where the Alpha yells out "MINE" and practically kidnaps the main charact...
18.3K 659 42
There are many types of mates in the werewolf world. Alpha x Alpha, Omega x Beta, Alpha x Beta, Beta x Beta, Omega x Alpha, But there has never been...
1.2M 40.7K 51
Sam never searched for his mate, always the lone wolf. The thought of a mate was always in the back of his mind but he wasn't eager to find his othe...