ISABELLA TOPIN and the ANIMAG...

By ProfessorMcGonagalll

Six years after Harry's story ended, news breaks that loyal death eater Talisha Ahsilat has escaped from Azka... More

Chapter One - The Gash In His Uniform
Chapter Two - Happy Birthday Isabella
Chapter Three - The Bear On The Train
Chapter Four - Behind Brick Walls
Chapter Five - Tatum Thompson
Chapter Six - The Grand Banquet
Chapter Eight - The Rodent
Chapter Nine - Hogwarts Hallowe'en
Chapter Ten - Quidditch
Chapter Eleven - Christmas
Chapter Twelve - The Great Lake
Chapter Thirteen - PortKey
Chapter Fourteen - Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw
Chapter Fifteen - N.B
Chapter Sixteen - The Animagus Association
Chapter Seventeen - The Last Match

Chapter Seven - First Day

490 8 1
By ProfessorMcGonagalll

Later in the morning, at the great hall, Isabella walked in with Maleki and ran into Tatum.

"morning!" They all shouted at once.

"How is the Ravenclaw common room?" Tatum asked.

"Awesome, so many books! And what about Gryffindor? " Isabella recoiled.

"You know, it's pretty chill, everyone's super cool." Tatum said, crossing her arms.

"Hey, hat stall."

"Morning hat stall."

"Watch it, hat stall."

"Ah!"

The boy from before, the Hufflepuff, Phoenix, was constantly pushed and shoved by other first years from Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Gryffindor.
Isabella didn't know much about him, and to be quite honest, was a bit scared of him.

The boy collected his books and got back up.
He sat down, crossed his arms, and put his face in his arms.

Isabella was so worried she'd have to interact with him.
Maybe he was a mime, or an EVIL WIZARD she thought to herself.
Isabella had no plan on facing an Evil Wizard this year.

She sat down with Maleki and Tatum, and they started to grab some bacon from trays along the tables.

"So my sleep was nice." Tatum said.
Isabella, with a mouth full of bacon, replied.

"Same, Maleki woke me up early to watch the sunrise." Isabella explained.
Maleki nodded.

The two girls chuckled and laughed, Isabella looked on past them, to the hufflepuff boy, his shoulders whimpering, his face still buried in his arms, covered in his robes.

"Wait, Tatum, slow down!" Isabella shouted, running up the grand staircase, following behind Tatum, holding a map of Hogwarts.

Tatum looked up and pointed at a doorway.

"There!"

Tatum sped up and started to walk towards a grand arch at the top of the stairwell.
Isabella rushes up the stairs as quickly as she can to catch up with Tatum, who was speed walking up the staircase to the east tower.
Tatum took another bite of toast, oblivious to Isabella's panting behind her.

"Come on, Issy, down this corridor." Tatum echoedly shouted, still with a mouth full.

The two girls pushed open the doors and stepped off of the moving staircase.

Tatum wandered down the massive stone corridor, waddling along the long red carpet with large flames placed in a patterned row across the walls, looking at the map with Isabella trying to look over her shoulder at the map.

"Here!" Tatum gasped, stopping suddenly.

Isabella turned to see a huge wooden door.

She pushed the door open to see a small classroom with two rows of seating on either side of the room, facing each other.
In the middle of these seats, opposite the door, was a large pile of books.
Students flooded into the seats, on either side of the room, chatting.
Tatum and Isabella walked up and sat next to each other in the lower row of seats.

The large door flung open and a shadow swallowed up the long rug, going from door to pile of books.
The shadow got smaller and smaller.
The door slammed closed.

"Ok, good morning class, and welcome!"

Isabella looked everywhere but couldn't see the teacher.
The tower of books wobbled and shook, Isabella looked closely and saw a hand reach the top of the pile and then another, followed by the rest of a short man in a handsome tuxedo.

"My name is Professor Filius Flitwick, but you, of course, will call me Professor Flitwick, but Professor will do." The short man fixed the crinkles in his blazer and then smiled at the students.

"I assume you all brought your textbooks?" He said, trying to pull a book out from under the pile.

Everyone pulled out their books and placed them in front of themselves on the desk.

"Turn to page three." he explained, opening his own book. "The light charm. Everyone, please pull out your wands. " Flitwick said.

Flitwick pulled out his wand and cleared his throat. "Lumos." he said.
The end tip of his wand started to produce a white light.
"The charm known as Lumos is helpful when lost in a dark place or just not being able to see where you are." He explained. "Before we cast the charm, everyone must write at least five scenarios where Lumos could be used. Go ahead."

Isabella looked at Tatum and smiled. "Good luck trying to beat me." She whispered.

"Oh, you're on, sucker." Tatum giggled.

The girls thought a minute and then dipped their feather tip in ink, Isabella was determined to not just finish before Tatum but to finish before the whole class.
She placed the top of the feather on the page.

"Professor, what do we do when we are done?"

Isabella looked up in shock as did Tatum and most of the class.
In the very back corner on the other side of the room was the hufflepuff boy with his hand raised.

Professor Flitwick stood there in ore for a second and stuttered.
"Oh uh how about you come down here and prepare to cast Lumos."

The boy rolled his neck, got up and started to walk down the seats towards the area in front of the book tower.
Isabella kept writing.

"Done!"

"Professor, I'm finished."

"All finished."

Students kept calling out.

"Ok when you are done stay in your seat and one by one we will cast Lumos."

Isabella finished as did Tatum, they looked down and saw the hufflepuff boy bored tapping his feet.

"Bored are we?" Flitwick said.

The boy, in short, nodded. "I am just simply waiting for you to cue me to cast the demonstration." He replied.

Professor Flitwick smiled in pure surprise. "Well if everyone is finished would you please cast the charm and show your fellow students how to do it." Professor Flitwick said.

"With pleasure." The hatstall dubbed boy replied.

He raised his wand and pointed it at the classroom door. "Lumos." The tip of the boy's wand immediately lit up.

"Well done! Well done indeed!" Flitwick cheered, clapping his hands.

The boy lowered his wand. "Nox." He said and the light faded away.

This really excited Flitwick. "Well done! We haven't even learned nox yet!"

The boy smiled at the Professor.
"Fifteen points to Hufflepuff thanks to Mr Omva who is following in his brothers footsteps!"

Class ended, and Isabella stopped outside the classroom with Tatum.

"What's wrong?" Tatum asked. Isabella sighed.

"I'm not sure. So far, Hogwarts hasn't been as awesome as I thought it would be."

"Well, we have only had like one class," Tatum mumbled. "Don't worry, Issy, potions are next with Professor Moretz." Excitedly, Tatum cheered.

"Yeah, Lily says she's awesome." Isabella said.

The two girls ran towards the grand staircase, laughing.

"Professor, may I ask you something?" Phoenix asked Flitwick.

Professor Flitwick smiled and nodded.
"You said I'm following in the footsteps of my brother. Did you know him, my brother? "

Flitwick sighed. "Your brother was top of his class in charms. In fact, he beat me in a duel in the duelling club on many occasions." The Professor explained "It took me by surprise when he master-"

Hannah Hanson barged in, gasping for air, cutting Professor Flitwick off.
"I'm sorry, Professor, but we... have a problem."

Professor Flitwick and Phoenix followed as Hannah led them towards the girls' lavatory just around the corner.

"No one is using the bathroom at the moment, sir." Hannah said, pushing the door open.

The three walked in to see Liam Fairbank lifting bricks off the ground.
"Professor, she is still breathing." Liam said.

The outside wall had been blown inwards into the girls' lavatory.

"You mean to tell me a student is underneath the rubble!?" He shouted.

Liam nodded.

The Professor ran over and drew his wand, pointing at the pile of stone rubble, "wingardium leviosa." He chanted.

The stone lifted, and the professor moved it to the other side of the bathroom.
Liam pulled her out from underneath the mess and held her.

"Hannah, go get Madam Pomfrey for me." Flitwick said not to look away from Liam and the girl.

"Come in and have a seat! "

Isabella and Tatum sat down across from Maleki and Koramo.
A tall, plump lady wearing yellow rain shoes with black stripes all over them, with a long trench coat and a light purple button down dress underneath, turned around to welcome the class.

"My name is Professor Moretz," the older woman grumbled.

"I am your teacher for the year.

Today we will open our textbooks. We will collect the ingredients. We will not disrespect my three rules.

The first rule is that if you speak too loudly, you will be asked to leave my classroom.

Rule number two: If I tell you to do something, you will do it; if I tell you to do this, you will do it.

Rule number three: If you anger me enough, I will enjoy watching you suffer the consequences. "

"Hey Prof, what consequences we be gettin ha?" Koramo remarked, looking at Maleki.

Professor Moretz looked Koramo straight in the eyes.

"Well, Mr...?"

"I'm Koramo." He replied.

"Well, Mr. Koramo, I was trying to talk to the class and you kept on talking and talking and talking and thinking you didn't deserve to hear what I was saying. I'd simply just Muffliato." Professor Moretz pointed her wand at Koramo and a yellow light hit him.

"Professor, what page are we on?" Asked a student in Slytherin robes.
"Well honey, we are on page 326, today."

Koramo, who was getting bored slowly, opened his eyes wider.

The class opened up to 326 and Isabella was confused.

"We will be brewing the potion known as Sleeping Draught."

Koramo squeezed his eyes shut and started to grunt.

"But Professor, we don't learn that till next semester." Isabella questioned.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I don't remember you being the potions master. I didn't know you were in charge of the curriculum. "

Professor Moretz looked at Koramo and smiled, slowly walking up to him.
"How are you doing, Koramo?" She whispered in his ear.
Koramo grabbed his ears in confusion.

"What's wrong with Koramo!?" Maleki asked.

"See class." Professor Moretz said, walking back to the middle of the room.
"This young boy asked what punishment I'd give, and this is an example. Muffliato, the ear buzz charm."

"When used, a specific person or group of people cannot hear the conversation the cast is having. All they can hear is a loud buzzing in their ears. " Smirked Professor Moretz.
The whole class was speechless.

"Sorry I'm late Professor Moretz, I was-" The Hufflepuff boy Phoenix stopped in his tracks, holding the door open and on the other hand a few textbooks.
He looked at the Professor and then looked at Koramo.

"Take a seat and I'll deal with you later, just teaching this boy a lesson." The Professor chuckled.

Phoenix sat next to a girl in Slytherin robes.

"Where was I... see class? The Muffliato charm will most likely be your punishment for talking, because a person who talks doesn't care about their education. Who can tell me the famous wizard who created this spell? " She asked, looking around.

Phoenix raised his hand almost immediately. "Yes?"

"Professor Severus Snape, once potions master at Hogwarts." Phoenix explained.

Professor Moretz smiled. "Well done."

Phoenix looked at Professor Moretz with a fiery look and she looked back at him uncomfortably.
"And Professor, might I ask a question now?"

She snapped, standing up slowly. She nodded, confused.

"What is one of the rules that teachers must abide by?" The boy said, towards her.

"Well we cannot use transfiguration on a student." She said,

"The rule I'm referring to is that as a teacher you are not prohibited from using torture as a punishment, Muffliato is technically a torture charm." He crossed his arms and looked at her.

Phoenix walked towards Koramo, who was looking around confused, holding his ears.

Phoenix placed his wand on Koramo's ear. "finite incantatem." A white spark flickered at the tip of his wand, and suddenly, Koramo stopped covering his ears.

"Professor I- please- I don't know what happened." Koramo tried to explain.

"Have a seat please. And please why were you late?" The teacher asked Phoenix.

Phoenix walked back to his seat and replied. "I was helping Professor Flitwick and Madam Pomfrey with a third year Ravenclaw girl, Liby, Lily, Tilly. Something like that, the bathroom wall exploded for some reason."

Professor Moretz gave one singular clap, then stopped.

Isabella looked at Tatum. "Oh no." She whispered.

The professor took a small bottle out of her pocket and took a large gulp.
"Ok, is everyone on page 326? Everyone? Right, let's begin then, shall we? " The Professor said,

The class ended and Isabella rushed out.
"Wait up!" Shouted Tatum, trying to get a hold of her textbooks.

Isabella sped up, turning onto the grand staircase.

Tatum groaned and ran after her, still not holding a stable stack of books.
"Issy, do you even know where you're going?" Tatum asked, watching Isabella run up the stairs.
Tatum didn't like being ignored.
"When I speak, Isabella Topin, you will turn around and look at me." Tatum yelled.

Isabella stopped and, in shock, turned around.

"Lily, my sister in the hospital wing." She said.

Tatum smiled at her and caught up with her. "You're going the wrong way." She explained, pulling her towards another corridor.

The two girls basically climbed up the stairs towards the top floor.

"It's in here." Tatum said, holding a large map and pointing at two large doors.

The girls pushed the doors open and saw Madam Pomfrey, the school nurse and caretaker of students.
She was tipping an orange liquid into an older Slytherin boy's mouth.
Students laid down in beds with light green blankets.
The girls stopped in the middle and saw Lily lying on a bed.
Isabella ran over and held her sister's hand, and Tatum stood silently beside her.

Madam Pomfrey, the school's nurse, walked over, hands together and asked the girls to leave.
"I'm so sorry ladies but unfortunately young Lily has had a nasty hit to the head and has got cuts along her back and needs time to recover from her injuries. And most definitely some peace and quiet."

Tatum took Isabella's hand and pulled her away.

The two girls left the hospital wing.

"So how was your first day Isabella?" Maleki asked.

Isabella pulled her dark blue blanket over herself and laid down in her bed.

"Fine." She grunted.

Maleki stood up and waddled over to Isabella's bed and sat down scooting past Kiza who was brushing her hair.
"You can talk to me Isabella, we are, I guess you'd say roommates." Maleki said.

"Just shut up, I don't wanna talk about it." Isabella groaned.

"My day was good, thanks for asking." Maleki stood up and walked towards the lantern and turned it off and crawled into bed.

"I was using that Light you idiot!" Shouted Kiza as she stormed out of the room.

Isabella could feel her blood pressure rising.
She was so angry that her potion teacher was a cruel alcoholic and her sister was hurt, and she couldn't even sit by her side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190 11 11
"Thank you." Hermione responded. "Your hair smells of a floral bouquet." Draco was taking a deep breath of her hair with his eyes closed. She didn't...
3.1K 45 54
"This is the student you will be tutoring. I trust you will get his grades up in a short amount of time." "No worries, Professor, you can count on m...
121K 2.4K 61
"SNOW, SNOW WAIT! Please, you know I love you. You feel it too, you told me!" His eyes had a pleading look to it. His hand grabbed my arm and put it...