Enchanting Potential (Mairima...

By Master_of_Assassins

"You are the brightness to my dullness. You are the sugar to my tasteless, bland tea. You are the sun that sh... More

Preface
Prologue
Saviour
Fine 'n Dine
First Day of Demon School
Who is that Familiar!
New Demon in the Circle (I)
Blooming Friends(II)
The "Special" Class
The One Who Wants to Become Demon King and Demon God
Ameri's Hypothesis
First Love Memories
What Are You Truly Feeling, Hayami?
Hard Work in Practice
Promotion Day: Fierce Battle of Execution Cannonball!
Familiar Interaction Lesson(I)
The Battler's Challenge(II)
Commencement of Rookie Hunt
Dinner with the Thirteen's
Building the Sparks of the Battler
Room Meant to be A Secret
Senpai's Disappearance and Suspicious Activity
Run, Iruma, to Kiriwo and Hayami
Craving More
Picking Everything Up
Awarding Ceremony
Humans Treatment in the Netherworld

Magical Apparatus Battler(I)

409 13 2
By Master_of_Assassins

Published: 09/01/2022

Updated: 16/03/2023

Meanwhile, at the Student Council Office, Ameri was keeping an eye on her members putting up the decorations on the wall behind her desk. "A little more to the right." She pointed to Smoke on the left. "Smoke, that side is sagging! Raise it up higher!"

"Yes, boss!" Smoke said as she fixed it as best as she could.

"This is all because you don't train enough. You won't be going home today until we're done decorating." She walked away and they answered, "Yes, boss!"

After she was gone to attend to adding more decorations on the other side, they spoke quietly amongst themselves. "The president sure is pumped this year." Yellow hair male said. 

"It's not surprising. Asmodeus, Kuro, and Hayami is someone every Battler would want."

"Yeah." They agreed.

However, there was a slight contrast as it was not for them. One person in the talk is correct but for the particular blue hair male she grew so fond of over the time they bond over "First Love Memories" She certainly felt some underlying tension from her otherwise Hayami seemed to be happy to see her, but not as much as Iruma. It was very evident as she doesn't appear to read and dramatize First Love Memories with him when she summons them often. She was always busy with something else. She doesn't exactly know what was the cause of this but she has a hunch. 

After making another paper flower, she smiled and decorated the red curtains with them along with using garlands as a finishing touch. "There." She stepped back to admire the work she did for the two students. She recalled one of the chapters that have three people, two girls, and one boy celebrating a birthday. 'Decorations inspired by First Love memories... I wonder if Iruma will like them. Maybe Hayami can give me feedback on it.' She had her index finger under her chin then smiled with a slight blush. Glancing back at her subordinates to make sure they were occupied, she took out her phone and texted them. "Don't forget to visit!" She whispered. 

Iruma and Hayami heard their phone's ringtone when a message was received took it out. The former gets a text first before the latter responds back to the text. 

With Iruma texts

Ameri: Where are you right now? Aren't you going to come to see the Student Council?"

Iruma: Thank you for the invitation, I'll stop by later

Ameri: You'd better come

Iruma: So you're the Student Council President, Ameri-san? I had no idea

With Hayami's texts

Ameri: Where are you? Are you still coming to see the Student Council?

Hayami: Yes, yes, no need to worry your pretty ears off. I will go with Iruma

Ameri: I know you will. You better come, after all, I need my moral support with me

"He didn't know?!" Her sudden outburst had caused disruption among them as they tried to be steady on their feet. 'I was under the impression he knew I was the student council president.' She stared in disbelief then warily thought. 'Did the fact that I'm the Student Council President scare him?'

'Didn't Hayami know? She should have known that I am one.' She texted to ask the question then she got an immediate reply from her and read, "Yes. I know you are the Student Council President. Your job's occupation status has been exerted frequently from what I see." She gasped. "So she indeed knew. I know. I can make her convince him to come over so he would feel more open."

Before she could text them, a text from Iruma came in and she read it, "I'm really sorry. Something came up and I won't be able to visit today." She soon received a message from Iruma and also read it. "I'm sure Iruma has texted you, but we won't be able to make it. We will come by, that's a promise."

"So he is scared of me!" She sulked silently.

***

At the Magical Apparatus Battler, Iruma and Hayami helped to lay the upperclassman on the large matt and sat on his right while she sat on his left. "Sorry about this. I messed up a bit trying to calibrate a magical apparatus." He apologized.

"Ah..."

"No need to apologize. You are simply constructing your invention. Just hope we won't disturb you when you get back to work." She gently spoke with a soft smile.

"I guess I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Amy Kiriwo. Pleasure to meet you." He told them.

"I'm Iruma. It's a pleasure to meet you, as well." He fanned him as he introduced himself to the weaker upperclassman and fanned him some nice breeze. 

"I'm Hayami. Nice to meet you, too. I'm sure you must have heard of us because of unwanted and unnecessary rumors and uprising popularity."

"I'm sorry I can't even serve you two some Hell Grey tea. I'm the only member of this Battler, you see." He explained

"Oh, it's fine. Please, get some rest." Iruma fanned him faster and she agreed for she wanted him to be back on his feet as soon as he was better. That's when she took the time to look around the room. 

"That's a nice breeze." He commented and Iruma gave him a close eye smile before also looking around the room. 'So this is the Magical Apparatus Battler.'

"It's a mess, ain't it? Have a look around, if you'd like." He sat up and she got up to get familiar with the room. 

'It may look like a mess, but it's not so bad to other messier rooms I've been in.' She stopped near a counter. "Please do explain." Crossing her arms, she turned her attention to Kiriwo. "What do you do here in this Battler?" She asked as Iruma took up a vase and examined it.

"I think you would know this, but magical apparatuses are items that function using magic." He told them.

She nodded, knowing by the suggestion of the name that it would be something like that. She had a similar thought in meaning for the word. Iruma answers with slight unsurety. "Right." he laughed a little nervously but inwardly he had no idea about that. He put the vase down and Kiriwo continued to explain. 

"Just like the name suggests, we study magical apparatuses from everywhere, and even make some ourselves."

Iruma asked, "You make them? Did you make that collar too?"

"Er... This collar's a bit different." he moved to the table, ready to show one of the apparatuses. "Oh, I know." He took down a large crystal ball to present to them. "This is a ball that shines when you store magic in it." 

"Huh..." Iruma said.

He set it down then opened his hands to store his magic in it. "Hup!" The ball started to glow and they watched in amazement before Kiriwo coughed blood then staggered, causing Iruma to hold him up. "A-Are you okay?"

"Perfectly fine. This happens all the time."

He reassured. for it was a daily routine for him that he got used to when he uses his magic for a long period of time. 

"All the time?" She looked concerned about how carefree he was about it, but he never got it treated and decided to ask. "Didn't you go to a doctor to see something about that or at least treat it so it wouldn't be recurring?"

"No." He answered, taking a doll and placing it down on the table. "I can handle it, nothing to worry about. That is a kind gesture, but I assure you, that it is not necessary." He politely declined, though he did feel a little weird when she asked that question. "This is a doll that moves when you put magic into it." He used his magic to make the doll move. "Hup."

"Wow! That's amazing!" 

"What a fascinating little object. I would like to try, may I?" She asked then he coughed blood again and woozily swayed side to side before she was the one to catch his balance when he leaned on her. "I've reached...my limit..."

"Please don't push yourself too hard!" Iruma pleaded.

"He's right. Here." She escorted him to the platform and sat him down there. Iruma got the fan and sat next to him as he started to fan him. Hayami quickly left and came back with a bottle of water and handed it to him so he can sip the contents. "You show us enough for the time being."

Kiriwo looked disappointed. "Well, since you come by and all, I wanted to show you a few things." She sat down on his left side. "But I'm rather frail, and I don't have much magic."

 Iruma thought when he looked at his Bet badge on the collar of his shirt. 'I thought I was the only one worried about my lack of magic since I'm human. I guess that's not the case.' 

"Not to mention, I blew up a magical apparatus prototype I was working on." He rubbed his head. 

"Oh, is that magical apparats still okay?" He asked. 

A burst of happiness erupted from him as he asked. "Would you like to see it?"

"Sure!"

"Of course!" 

He excitedly presented them with a big brown metallic machine. "ta-da! This is my prototype! The magic enchantment apparatus, Gabuko-chan!"

"Gabu?"

"Hmm, Gabuko-chan?" She hummed then pointed up and down the machine. "Well assuming from the name, It suggests enhancing magic power, correct?"

"Precisely! It's supposed to enhance one's magic..." he lowered his head down with sadness. "But it's rather difficult to use." Hayami took a step then felt something under her feet that felt uncomfortable and looked down to see some broken pieces like puzzles on the floor. Iruma also looked down when she did. 

"Oh, are these parts, too? They look like puzzle pieces." He knelt down. 

"Yup. You can touch them if you'd like." 

"Thanks!" He picked up a piece and started to assemble it. 

"That's the battery for its heart. It's supposed to be in a shape of a heart, but I can't seem to get the turbie's spin and the ancha's heart capacity to connect correctly. I guess you wouldn't know what I'm blabbing about, though." He rambled on and she shook her head.

"I understand. But, say no more, Iruma will fix it up as good like it was never in the pieces before."

"It's difficult to do so." He said and she merely raised a brow with a smile when Iruma got up beside her and held out the properly assembled battery heart which amazed him. 

"No way!" He adjusted his glasses. "Wow! It's perfectly put together!" he took it from him and examine it. "You're amazing, Iruma-kun!"

"Thank—"

"Iruma-kun, Hayami-chan, have you ever made any magical apparatuses?"

"Huh? Umm..."

"Well, no...not to that extent?" She said with slight uncertainty in her voice. She recall making notes and using whatever scientific materials to make and understand stuff but inventions were not her thing. 

"hey, tell me all about—" He coughed blood before he could finish his sentence. 

"Senpai?!"

"Kiri-senpai!" 

They were back to sitting down again. "I get a bit too excited. But you sure are talented, Iruma-kun." he complimented. 

'Thank goodness, Iruma finally getting some recognition after all.' She closed her eyes and smiled at her thoughts. She opened her eyes. 'Hearing praises coming to me and not much to Iruma always made me feel bad. Being an overachiever suck.'  

"Uh, well... I've been building things ever since I was little. Like fixing appliances I happened to pick up, or making my own light bulbs... lots of stuff." He recalled fixing a fan that was needed urgently for that hot day. He surely felt like he would die without it.

***

Flashback

Hayami ran on the crosswalk from across the street as she remembered that Iruma was supposed to be around here since his parents has sent him on another errand, and he was taking a break. "Man, I wish Iru-kun had more freedom for things he wants to do. Why does he always have to do these tasks alone."

Upon entering an open field, she spotted the blue hair male and grinned happily in excitement. "Iru-kun! Iru-kun!" She skipped over to him and slowly her skippings became less excited until she came to a halt. "Iru-kun?"

"Oh my goodness!" She gasped. Iruma lay unconscious on the ground most likely due to the extreme heat, he fainted with no one to see him there or help him. "Ah! Please tell me you are alive." She knelt down next to him and placed her ear on his chest where his heart is. Upon hearing a beat, she sighed in relief. "Thank goodness. You must have fainted here while you were fixing the fan." She saw the fan and the blade in his hand, the screwdriver, and other mechanics that are a part of it. 

"Good thing I come or else I won't know what would happen."

Iruma's eyes slowly opened upon feeling a nice breeze on him. His eyes slowly adjusted to the light as it was a bit blurry to him. "Huh? This place..." He said when his eyes finally adjusted to the room before him as he can also see the ceiling fan above them. 

"You're at my house." He turned his head to the white hair female who came with a bucket filled with cool water, a rag, and a glass of water with some pills. "Yami-chan!" He smiled and then froze. "Ah, did I faint? I remembered I was fixing the fan."

"You most likely did." She said. 

"Is Iruma-kun awake?" The familiar black hair woman walked in with a warm motherly smile on her face. "Yes, mom! Look, he seems to be doing a little better now."

"Iruma-kun, are you okay?" She knelt down and placed her hand on his forehead to feel his temperature. "At least you are not burning up anymore, so that's good."

"Yes, Mrs. Aikawa. Thank you for nursing me, you too Hayami."

"You are such a polite boy." She giggled. "Please lay down and rest. We will take care of you." Iruma was given the pills and he took them with the water before lying down. 

"Th-thank you very much, Mrs. Aikawa." She placed the damped cloth on his head. "I will call your parents to let them know you are safe."

'In the end, mother called his parents. His parents demanded that they should get some sort of money and let Iruma work for her in the meantime. It made my mother's blood boil but she took their offer and paid them for Iruma to stay. However, she didn't make him work. She let him relax and he would help because he felt he should do something since he was living there for some time.'

Flashback ends

***

'Honestly, those stupid parents of his. Don't they love him? No, of course not. What parents would neglect their child and make them do the work just to take the money as if they were the ones that done it.' She clenched her hands tightly into fists when Iruma called on her. 

"Hayami-chan?"

"Uh, hi?" She snapped out of her memories when Iruma and Kiriwo stared in concern. "Oh, I must have a daydream. Excuse me."

"I was going to ask what were you thinking about. Your knuckles are almost turning white and your gaze was very intense."

"It was very scary," Kiriwo commented and she blushed in embarrassment for being so unladylike and hiding her face in her hands. 

Kiriwo spoke. "Appliances? I'm not sure what those are, but it sure sounds like you've had it rough." 

Iruma laughed a little then quickly changed the subject when he pointed at the heart with the fan. "Um... Do you think you'll be able to use that?"

"Of course! Could you bring me that ball from earlier?"

"Sure."He said as he got up but she stood up. "Let me do it." She told him and brought the ball to him. 

Kiriwo placed the heart battery inside the machine before closing the door then sat the ball on the cushion on top. He plugged the machine, flipped the switch on and the pink heart battery lit up. "This time, for sure..." He opened his hands as the two observed what was happening. 

"It's shining!" Exclaimed Iruma. 

"Not yet." He said then it shone brightly than before. "It worked!"

"Incredible!" She said.

"Wow! It's so pretty!" He hailed. 

Kiriwo giggled. "Yup. Gabuko-chan's an amazing machine. Even if you don't have much magic, it can draw out your magic to its limit. It's really hard for anyone without much magic to survive in the netherworld. Currently, in the netherworld, as well as in this school, rank is the most important thing. It's very clear who's above who. If possible, I want to create magical apparatuses that'll allow weaker demons to go head-to-head with stronger demons...and help make, this power gap disappear." This solid reasoning had made them look at him. 

'Make the power gap disappear... Actually, if it's possible.' Iruma recalled the scene when their senpai was bullied by the younger student years and Hayami had used her magic on them. 

He stopped using his magic and started to switch off and disarm the machine. "Well done."

"Um, I think that it's a great idea. Right, Hayami-chan?" He asked and she hummed to acknowledge she absolutely agree with that idea."Well, I can't talk about it too loudly, because I'm pretty sure it's the last thing high-ranked demons want to hear." He held the chords and unplugged them. "But Iruma-kun and Hayami-chan, you two have plenty of magic, and you're so talented." He looked at Iruma then turned to Hayami. "You're so wise. You two are amazing. You can probably choose whatever Battler you want." 

The two were silent for a moment then he spoke for the two. "Um, Kiriwo-senpai..." He hummed. 

"If we happened to have no magic, or one of us has no magic, would you still let us join the Battler?" She was taken back by his question as she stared at Iruma with wide eyes. She finds the Battler very interesting but to guarantee she would join? She wasn't so sure yet. 

There was a small silence from him then he walked to the two, holding one of their hands in each of his. "If any of you actually didn't have any magic, or any of you don't, we'd be exactly alike!" He chimed and this had touched Iruma and Hayami was just as touched by his words. 

'Such equality. I can solely agree with this.' Her hands clenched his a little tighter. 'Power isn't everything, magical, physical, or any kind of power 

"Even if you didn't have much magic, I'd love to have others as talented and wise as you Iruma-kun and Hayami-chan. What this Battler needs isn't magic, but technique." He told them as Iruma fixed a gadget and Hayami inspect them and wrote notes while discussing things about improving. 

***

Late in the afternoon, it was almost time to go home. "Iruma-chi! Haya-ki!" 

"Iruma-sama! Hayami-sama!" 

"Iruma-chi, Haya-ki!"

"Iruma-sama! Hayami-sama!"

The three ran to the middle of the hallway intersection. "I'm worried. Where could they have gone to?" She asked, placing her hands on her chest and looking around for the two students. 

"They got separated from us while we were at the school store." 

"I knew I should have stayed behind then this problem would not occur," Kuro said. 

Asmodeus eyes lit up when he spotted them. "Iruma-sama! Hayami-sama!" 

Clara looked too just in time with Kuro to see them as well. She waved her hands excitedly. "There they are! Hey!" Clara ran to them and hugged the two which came unexpectedly to them. 

"Where have you two been?" He asked. 

"Yeah. We absolutely did not want to lose you in this crowd." She added.

"We've been looking for you!" She looked up with wide eyes as she saw Iruma's smile and Hayami smile which seemed a little different to her now. It seemed more natural to her and this widened her eyes. "Iruma-chi, Haya-ki, did something happen?" 

He nodded and her smile was a little brighter which had somehow caught some students' eyes before they pass out. "H-Hayami-chan smile!" 

"yeah! Listen to this..." He began to explain to them what happened while they were away. 

***

Back at home, Iruma smile giddily knowing finally what Battler he will join in. Meanwhile, Hayami was laying on her stomach as slowly lifted up the sleeve of her pajamas to reveal the scales. She rubbed it gently. "Magical Apparatus Battler, huh? Should I?"

She recalled Iruma's words when they were leaving. "Hayami-chan we should totally join! Do you see what he wants to do here? He wants to pave way for non magic people and show that they are special and worth seeing as respected as high rak powerful ones. This can benefit all of us. I would like this system to run not only base on power alone. Don't you agree?" 

"Heh. I do agree." She closed her eyes. "Maybe joining it won't be so bad. I don't see myself as an inventor, but it is good to try out things." She smiled. "You have my word. I will join."

***

And then the final day of the Battler trials...an explosion occurred once again. Kiriwo stumbled outside while having coughing fits from the overwhelming clouding the air and entering his nostrils. He knelt down next to a box. "I messed up again..."

"Are you okay?" Iruma asked, handing him a blue handkerchief. 

"Up to your inventions, I see. I love your dedication." Hayami said, stooping beside Iruma and pressing the sides of her face. 

"Oh, Iruma-kun and Hayami-chan." He wiped the blood off his lips then looked at them. "You came to visit again? Were you interested in joining?" He questioned. "Just kidding. Huh?" He realized three others behind them. "There's more of you?"

"When we mentioned that we were going to join, they also insisted on joining." Iruma sheepishly told him. 

Asmodeus bowed and placed his hand on his chest. "but of course! We will accompany you anywhere, Iruma-sama and Hayami-sama!"

"We won't have it any other way so it's a pleasure to be here." She raised her dress from the sides and took a cute bow. 

Clara held a purple and golden dish with an orb inside it. "Is this a magical apparatus? Is it yummy?" She chomped on it. "Om nom nom nom nom." Kirwo shook in place about the new revelation that not only the two students he spoke to the other day wanted to join, but three others were joining as well just because the other two would. It was a pill to swallow.

"So, yeah. It's a pleasure to  work with you, Kiriwo-senpai." He replied

"Let's get along well as we work together." She 

"New recruits...Three of them...three of them!" He fainted on the floor and she covered her mouth. "Kiriwo-senpai?!" Iruma yelled and they checked on him. 

"Senpai!"

"He's smiling so much!" Clara said. 

"He must be very happy to have recruits if he faints just from that." Kuro giggled  

Iruma, Hayami, Asmodeus, Kuro, and Clara officially joined the Magical Apparatus Battler. Thus ends the Battler trial period. Yes, it has ended. Ameri sat in her seat, with her head down as she sulked for the neither Iruma nor Hayami showed up. 

"I've never seen the president so depressed." The dark hair one said. 

"Well, Asmodeus, Kuro, or Hayami never showed up." The blonde spoke up and closed the slightly opened door. 

'So Iruma and Hayami didn't show up after all...' A knock on the door made her lift her head. "Come in."

The door opened and the two entered then closed it behind them. "I'm so sorry we're late." Iruma apologized. 

"We were caught up in some business we had to deal with." She answered afterward hoping this could excuse them for not showing up earlier.

She stood up in surprise. "I-Iruma, Hayami!" She smiled for a moment before asking. "Wh-What do you want? The trial period is over."

"You're right. I'm really sorry." He apologized. 

"But we are here like we said." She said.

"Honestly, what am I going to do with you? I'll pour you two some Hell Grey Tea, so sit down." She told them and started to prepare the tea. 

"Oh, thank you very much." He said. 

"We deeply appreciate it." She answered. 

They began to walk around in the room. "So this is the student council room...Oh! This is from First Love Memories!" He pointed out. 

She stopped pouring out the tea momentarily. "Yes... To make any potential recruits feel more welcome." She turned her head. away. "What do you think?"

"I think it's really great." He smiled back

"You did amazing. It's down to perfection like that scene. You have outdone yourself, Ameri-san." She praised. 

"I-I see." She smiled in relief and serve the tea to them. Sitting across from Ameri, Hayami picked up the cup, blew on it gently, and took small sips of the hot tea as Iruma spoke. "I was really surprised when I found out you're the student council president, Ameri-san. Being the student council president as just a second-year is amazing." He said. 

"it's not a big deal." She replied back. "I am just doing everything I need to do to fulfill my goal"

"Goal?" He asked and remembered Kiriwo's words. 'And help make this power gap disappear.'

"Our senpai in the Battler we joined is also working hard for his goal..." He trailed off when she slammed her hands on the table and began shouting. This almost made Hayami choke on her drink from the unexpected rage. 

"You joined another Battler?! But you said you'd join the student council!"

Iruma turned pale. "Huh?! Uh, I'm pretty sure we didn't—"

"You basically said you would! On second thought, you two would! Explain yourself Iruma and Hayami!"

"Now, now." She put the tea back down. "Please settle down, no need to get frivolous about trivial choosings. We will explain if you just calm down first." Ameri considerably calmed down and Iruma too. After this, it took Irum and Hayami two hours to explain the situation to Ameri. 

(Happy Holidays and New Year to you all! Thank you for supporting me through and through. You all are the best and this is what keeps me motivated in the story. I will still update but like many, I have a life and attending college. Once again, thank you for the support. Hope that you will enjoy this new chapter! Thank you for reading, voting, and commenting. Until next time!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 390 15
... Do I have to say really more than this? Oh well here we go! Kallego was definitely not expecting to be summoned by a human child and even less be...
19.5K 474 45
You have a terrible past. As you grow older, you're still thinking your old, horrible past. As the days gone longer, you met someone who is kind and...
82.7K 2.1K 26
Fourteen-year-old Iruma has been unfortunate all his life. However never did he gave up to reveal his secret. No one was after all alowed to know it...
23.9K 957 8
You were but another low-class devil, a peaceful one at that. You believed that was why you didn't have the scent of one. You were content with livin...