THE ELEVENTH HOUR [Castiel x...

By kl4us4

PART ONE [COMPLETED] There's so much uncertainty in your life. Why won't any demons make a deal? What is Sam... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
The Eleventh Hour [Part Two]

11

2.1K 55 24
By kl4us4

Sam stumbles to the pool table again, drunk off his face, trying to widen his eyes as he aims the cue against a coloured ball.

"Brian, come on, man, just one more. Just give me a chance to win it back," Sam slurs heavily. You hide a smirk.

The stranger shrugs, smirking at Sam, "It's your cash."

Dean walks up to him, trying to pull Sam from the game, "Excuse me. My brother's a little sauced to be making bets."

"He insisted." The stranger states.

"Yeah, but you've already taken, what, two bills off him?" Dean points out, "I'm just saying."

"Hey, shut up, Dean. I'm fine." Sam frowns, pushing him away. You watch on from the bars couch, seeing Dean insist.

"No, you're not fine. You're drunk!" He exclaims.

"Let's make it five hundred." Sam ignores his brother.

"Five hundred?" Dean widens his eyes in horror.

The stranger agrees - of course - and watches with joy as Sam puts the money on the table. "Five hundred. Your break." He states.

While the man is looking down at the cash, Sam raises his eyebrows at his brother, all his drunkenness gone. Dean raises his eyebrows back at Sam. You shake your head at the two, but there's a content smirk on your face. Sam lines his cue, about to break but he stops.

"Keep the money," he mumbles, distractedly.

Dean watches him leave incredulously, "Keep the money? What?"

You rise to your feet, making eye contact with Dean before you both follow Sam. He approaches a dark-haired girl at the bar. You recognise her. Ruby.

"Well, you got a lot of nerve showing up anywhere near me," Dean notes, face deadpanned yet furious.

"I just have some info, and then I'm gone," she reassures him, looking back at Sam.

"Info about what?" You ask her, standing beside him, "Info about how you're alive?"

Ruby looks around for a moment, she looks a little frightened, "I'm hearing a few whispers."

"Whispers?" You repeat, looking at Dean with wide eyes, "Oh, no. Anything but whispers."

"Ooh, wow," Dean plays along, "demon whisperers, very reliable."

Ruby glares at the two of you, "Girl named Anna Milton escaped from a locked ward yesterday. The demons seem pretty keen on finding her. Apparently, some real heavy hitters turned out for the Easter egg hunt."

"Why? Who is she?" Sam asks curiously.

"No idea," Ruby responds honestly, "But I'm thinking that she's important, 'cause the order is to capture her alive. I just figured that whatever the deal is, you might want to find this girl before the demons do."

Sam looks at you and then Dean, "Look, maybe we should check it out."

"And head right towards a gaggle of demons?" You tilt your head, not convinced.

"We're busy working a case, but thanks," Dean responds curtly.

Ruby gives him a scowl, "What case?"

"Uh, we've got leads," Dean lies, obviously, "big leads."

"Sounds dangerous," Ruby sneers sarcastically.

"Yeah, well, it sure ain't goose-chasing after some chick who, for all we know, doesn't even exist, just because you say she's important," Dean responds.

Ruby points to herself, "I'm just delivering the news. You can do whatever you want with it. Far as I'm concerned, I told you, I'm done." She's quick on her feet, turning to leave.

"Wait, wait," Sam stops her, asking one final question, "This hospital Anna escaped from, it got a name?"

Pulling up at the hospital, you make eye contact with Dean. Neither of you really want to be here. But Sam is insistent when he wants to be.

"Well, Anna Milton's definitely real," Sam holds the missing person report in his lap, "So is the hospital."

"Don't mean the case is real," Dean stares straight ahead, "And this hospital was a three-day drive."

"We've driven further for less, Dean," Sam points out. When Dean gives you another look, Sam lets out a big sigh, "You got something to say, say it."

"We just think she's bad news," you advise Sam, turning back to give him a genuine look, "I honestly can't see why you trust her. I get a bad feeling from her."

"Really?" Sam states at you, you shrug innocently, "A bad feeling? That's what we're going off now."

You pout your lips, shrugging, "I always trust a bad feeling, Sam, you know that."

"Better than blind faith following a case that we don't even know is a case," Dean backs you up, "pisses me right off."

"Dean, you're not pissed we're going after the girl," Sam gives him a knowing look, tone filled with anger, "You're pissed Ruby threw us the tip."

"Right. 'Cause as far as you're concerned, the demon is practically family," Dean gives his brother a nod, pulling open the car door, "yeah, boy, something major must've happened while I was downstairs, 'cause I come back, and you're besties with a demon?"

Sam follows him out of the car, exasperated at having to explain himself yet again, "I told you, Dean, she helped me go after Lilith."

You step out of the car, shutting the door behind you, "Any other blanks you wanna fill-in? A phone call maybe?"

"We talked about that!" Sam tells you, his face falling, "You know what, let's trade stories then. You first, Dean. How was Hell? Don't spare the details. Oh and then Y/N can tell us about her and her angel buddy."

"What?" You frown wildly, trying to read Sams expression.

"You heard me," Sam states clearly, "You wanna talk about blind faith, right. You hang on to every word he says but where is he?"

You let out a curt laugh, "I don't- what are you-"

Dean presses his lips into a tight line, "Sammy's got a point-"

"What?!"

"But!" Dean continues, shooting you a look, "I don't condone either of you and your... Supernatural... entanglements."

"Entanglements?" You repeat, eyes wide and incredulous, "God! You can't compare me talking to an Angel with Sam shoving his d-"

"Hey!" Sam cuts you off, "At least Ruby shows up, at least she's trying to help us. What did your angel ever do, huh? Other than give you dreams about a guy you'll never have?"

"That's enough!" Dean orders.

Your face falls, cheeks heating up out of embarrassment. You feel like you could cry, so you stay dead silent. Sam's chest rises and falls, frustration forming at being ganged up against. Eyebrows furrowed, you tear your eyes away from him and stalk towards the hospital. Dean gives Sam a look as if to say 'You're going to apologise for this, believe me', before trailing behind you.

The psychologist shows you Anna's room, the broken restraints and the ajar door, "Two months ago, she was happy, well-adjusted, journalism major, lots of friends. Bright future."

"So, what happened," Dean inquires, "she just... flipped? Went whacky?"

The psychologist squints her eyes at Dean, looking at the three of you. You're all wearing proper suits, Sams even carrying a notepad and scribbling random things as she speaks. "Are three detectives necessary?" She asks.

You smile kindly, correcting her, "I'm actually an investigative psychologist."

"Oh," she states, uncomfortable at trying to catch you in a lie, "Well, we don't use those terms. And that's the tragedy of schizophrenia, really. Within weeks, Anna was overtaken by delusions."

"What kind of delusions?" Sam wonders.

"She thought demons were everywhere," she answers, handing one of Anna's sketches to him. Doesn't sound too... 'whacky'.

"Interesting," Dean mutters, looking at the demented drawing, "Why did she think they were demons?"

"It's not uncommon for our patients to believe that monsters are real," she responds, with a light chuckle, "you'd be surprised how many times I've been called the Devil."

You let out a humourless hum, pressing a smile to your mouth, "Yeah, you and me both."

Looking down at the book, you point to the scribbling and look at Dean.

Raising of the Witnesses.
SAMHAIN. The next seal is broken.

"That's Revelations." He recognises.

"Well, Anna's father was a church deacon," the psychologist explains, "When she became ill, her paranoia took on religious overtones. She was convinced the devil was about to rise up and end the world..." you meet Deans eyes, then turn away uncomfortably, "I hope you find her. It's dangerous for her to be out there alone right now."

Marching through the silent church, you take a glance at the altar. Empty. You make your way to the attic, and the boys trail behind you, guns in hand and at the ready. In the corner of the attic, you see a head of red hair. "Anna," you speak up, lowering your gun, "Are you okay?"

She turns around, eyes wide as she cowers away from you three. Sam puts his gun away, standing beside you. "We're not gonna hurt you. We're here to help. My name is Sam. This is my brother, Dean, and this is Y/N."

"Sam?" Anna repeats, her expression filled with surprise, "Sam Winchester?"

"Uh, yeah," Sam mumbles awkwardly. You furrow your eyebrows in confusion as Anna rises to her feet, looking at Dean.

"And you're Dean. The Dean?" Anna asks, her lips parted in recognition.

Dean goes quiet for a moment, eyes awkwardly flicking to you and Sam. "Well, yeah," he chuckles, "The Dean, I guess."

Anna smiles proudly, standing in front of him, "The angels talk about you. You were in Hell, but Castiel pulled you out, and some of them think you can help save us."

"Hm," Sam teases, looking back at Dean, "Is that so?"

"Well, some of them don't like you at all," Anna adds, shaking her head at Sam, "They talk about you all the time lately. I feel like I know you."

"So, you talk to angels?" Dean reiterates, an impressed look crossing his face. You don't know why he's so impressed by Anna when you've been talking to an Angel for months.

"Oh, no!" Anna lets out a laugh, "No, no way! Um, they probably don't even know I exist. I just kind of, uh, overhear them."

"Castiel spoke of your kind - of people who can hear his true voice and see his true form," you suggest, seeing how her eyes snap to you, "Maybe you're one of those people."

Dean nods in agreement, "So, they lock you up with a case of the crazies when really you were just... tuning in to angel radio?"

"Yes!" Anna exclaims, "Thank you. And don't worry, Y/N. They say things about you too," Anna points at you, "A lot of things."

"Really? Me?" you mutter, suddenly on the spot with everyone's eyes on you, "Good things? B-Bad things?"

Dean meets Sams eyes, raising his eyebrows at how curious you seem. "Mostly good, some bad but," she shrugs, "Castiel always puts in a good word for you."

"Oh..." You hide a smile, pouting your lips slightly, "Well, what does he say?"

Dean sends you a look. Sam raises his eyebrows. Anna smiles at you, her eyes lighting up kindly, "That you'll be the bridge to unite Angels and Humans."

There's a pause in the air, left hanging, bringing a heaviness to your chest. "Oh," you frown awkwardly, "not what I thought you'd say- Okay... Uh, so- so when did all of this start, Anna?"

"September 18th."

Your face falls, "That's-"

"The day I got out of Hell," Dean finishes off, meeting your eyes.

"First words I heard, clear as a bell," Anna responds, a smile on her lips, "Dean Winchester is saved. It was Castiel."

You smile. Sam raises his hands up, "This is above my pay grade."

You shoot him a look, "You're getting paid?"

Letting out a sigh, Dean turns back to Anna, "Well, at least now we know why the demons want you so bad."

"Yeah," you nod, "you're a direct line to Heaven's plans."

A pair of footsteps rush up the attic stairs, you pull your guns out. Ruby appears at the doorway, hands raised as she looks between the three of you, "You got the girl," she notes, "Good, let's go."

Anna gasps, her eyes wide with utter horror, "Her face!"

"It's okay," Sam puts his gun away, "She's here to help."

"Yeah, don't be so sure," Dean mutters, rolling his eyes.

Ruby ignores him, "We have to hurry. A demon's coming; a big-timer. We can fight later, Dean."

Dean smirks in disbelief, "Well, that's pretty convenient, showing up when we find the girl with some bigwig on your tail?"

Ruby glares pointedly at Dean, "I didn't bring him here. You did. You all did. He followed you from the girl's house. We got to go now."

You narrow your eyes at her, "How do you know?"

Sam sighs loudly, fidgeting a bit, "We don't have time to be petty."

Turning to Sam, you give him a warning look - stone cold yet telling as ever, "We don't?"

Sam's face falls when he looks at you, but his eyes drift away for a moment. He points behind you, staring intensely. Turning, you see the stark white statue, blood dripping from the eyes.

"What the hell..." you take a step back.

"It's too late," Ruby sucks in a deep breath, "He's here."

"Anna," Sam walks up to her, taking her by the arm, "find someplace to hide, don't move."

You raise your gun as Sam takes out a flask of holy water. Ruby shakes her head fiercely, "No, Sam, you got to pull him right away."

"Wait for a second," Dean holds his hand up, scowling at Ruby, "Sams not doing any of that."

"And since when do you order him around?" You give her an incredulous look.

Ruby crosses her arms, taking a step towards you, "Now's not the time to bellyache about Sam going dark side. He does his thing, he exorcises that demon, or we die."

"No," you tell her, "We fight this together, like we always do."

"What a glorious day for you to die together!" A voice announces, making you jump.

You raise your gun at him. The demon stands at the doorway, staring up at you past his lashes.

"Get behind me!" Sam orders, taking a step forward and reaching a hand out to the demon.

It watches with a smile, making the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Sam's hand shakes, and a moment later his hand falls. It doesn't work. He can't do it. The demon lets out a loud laugh, stalking forward to stand in front of a very defeated Sam, "That tickles. You don't have the juice to take me on, Sam."

Flicking its hand, the demon sends Sam tumbling downstairs. In an instant, it's on. Dean plunges the knife between its chest.

The demon smiles widely, tilting its head as he pulls it and throws it onto the ground, "Hello again, Dean... Don't you recognize me? Oh, I forgot... I'm wearing a paediatrician," he laughs, looking down at himself, "But we were so close in Hell."

Deans face falls, his lips mumbling a single name, "Alastair."

You splash holy water on top of the demon, aiming your gun against his head. "Have fun going back," you sneer, pulling the trigger. Alastair lets go of Dean, and you place a hand on his shoulder, "Are you okay?"

A scream rips your eyes from Deans. From the closet, Ruby pulls Anna from her hiding place. Alastair stands up straighter, his power healing his body. He cocks his head from left to right, the bullet trickling from his temple, past his shoulder, and onto the floor, "Ouch, my poor vessel."

Sam shoves the knife into his back, taking a step away from him. Alastair turns, smirking, "You're gonna have to try a whole lot harder than that, son."

Sam turns to you and Dean, "Trust me. Alright?"

Dean sighs, "Alright."

"Alright," you nod.

In an instant, Sam pushes Dean against the stained glass window. The last thing he sees before gripping you tightly and following suit. You all plummet to the ground outside of the church.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 93 24
Dean's a serial killer and Castiel is the head detective of the FBI. They soon meet together as Dean was taken into the jail and caught. Do Castiel a...
147K 3.1K 24
"Do you have to leave?" I asked him, Deans breath fanned my face with his hands on my hips. I hated when he left for the weekend. I was lonely. Final...
11.7K 686 23
Sam and Dean Winchester. Two of the most feared hunters on the planet. Castiel Novak. The most bad-assiest angel in Heaven. Together their team is c...
107K 4K 29
When your mother is mysteriously murdered by demons and you're raised by a hunter from the age of ten, what could go wrong? After Matt is killed you...