Sidelines ✔️

By classicdisposition

A year after losing her older sister in a tragic accident, Charlie's Mom marries the father of the most popul... More

• Sidelines •
Characters
01 • The Great Escape • 01
02• Rise and Shine! • 02
03 • The First Day • 03
04 • Let the games begin • 04
05 • A Walk Through The Woods• 05
06 • It's Nice To Have A Friend• 06
07 • Why She Disappeared• 07
08 • Polaroids • 08
09 • Up On The Roof • 09
10 • The Bottle Of Tequlia • 10
11 • Rides • 11
12 • I like You • 12
13 • my name on paper • 13
14 • saltwater • 14
15 • Studying, like together ? • 15
16 • A Fight From the Past • 16
17 • cool and mysterious • 17
18 • Uninvited Guests • 18
19 • Don't lock me out • 19
20 • Out In The Open • 20
21 • My stepsister sleeps around • 21
22 • Revelations • 22
23 • If a man talks shit, I owe him nothing • 23
24• You know you can sleep with who you want, right? • 24
25 • Try • 25
26 • Taylor's drunk? • 26
27 • With me • 27
28 • A token of loyalty • 28
29 • Popcorn & flashcards • 29
30 • Coastline Road • 30
31 • Spaced • 31
32 • unwelcomed customer • 32
33• it's what you lost • 33
34 • Did it look like i wanted you to come over? • 34
35 • Tapping on my window • 35
36 • Nothing you could say could make it better • 36
37 • Not the distraction i had in mind • 37
38 • Not quite a cheap shot • 38
39• Two Secrets • 39
40• Everybody knows • 40
41 • The decisions made for you • 41
42 • Perspective • 42
43 • Loyalty works both ways • 43
44 • Unsettling revelations on the bleachers • 44
45 • Painting Fences • 45
46 • A not so private phone call • 46
47• not my peers • 47
49 • i wish it was nothing • 49
50• There's no smoke without fire •50
51 • what did the tree ever do to you? • 51
52 • Dreamscape • 52
53 • something i never thought i'd do • 53
54 • i hope she will be a beautiful fool • 54
55 • Swallow your pride • 55
56 • what is he doing here? • 56
57 • pain? Never heard of her • 57
58 • behind her mask • 58
59 • Below the surface • 59
60 • Bonfire's • 60
61 • Causing problems • 61
62 • Cat's out • 62
63 • riddles within the hazel currents of his eyes • 63
64 • Where do we go from here? • 64
65 • Grilled Cheese • 65
66 • my favourite book • 66
67 • crystal • 67
68 • I'm not drunk, seriously • 68
69 •Don't Take me home • 69
70 • I'm no Lakewood • 70
71 • communication • 71
72 • Exile • 72
73 • Love me or Lose me • 73
74 • Within her reach • 74
75 • The mending • 75
76 • Lost Time • 76
77 • drinking on the beach • 77
New story : Why She disappeared

48 • A message in a bottle • 48

5.4K 212 57
By classicdisposition

Once we'd all written down on the piece of paper, the strawberry blonde, whose name I learnt was Lizzie, put all the names into a bowl. Lizzie swirled her hand inside the bowl, mixing the papers up. Billy reached for my hand as we watched the girl, some of the players chatting amongst themselves. I gave him a small smile, but I couldn't ignore the way my leg was bouncing up and down.

"Alright, Milo you pick." The strawberry blonde said, offering him the bowl.

I looked at Milo as I watched him put his hand in the bowl and pick out a piece of paper with a big grin on his face. It was crazy how good looking he was. His eyes shined when he smiled, making you believe he was the kindest person you'd ever met. He even had cute little dimples when the corner of his lips were drawn back.

It was sad, I was never going to see him in a good light ever again. The heaviness of what I knew about him would forever cling to his dimples, making them look like a performance. The sparkle in his eyes' now stained with the notion of a masquerade.  His gaze will make me feel like I was a deer caught in his headlights and it was his decision alone that held the power to decide whether or not he wanted to run me over. Milo was not the person I thought he was.

Much to my disappointment I knew instantly who Milo had. He smirked as soon as he unfolded the piece of paper and read the name with a glint of amusement in his eye. Then he started pretending to shiver like he was stood in the middle of Antarctica with nothing, but swimming shorts on.

I glanced to Joe, watching him smirk in amusement at Milo. The ease in joe's eyes gazed upon Milo told me he didn't know. The corners of his lips perked up into a grin as he watched Milo perform. He made his teeth  chatter together and his cheeks vibrate in a way only a true actor could master. I could only wonder how long he'd been practising for.

"It's Taylor." I spoke up, deciding to end his act sooner rather than later.

I knew as soon as he started shivering that he was doing an impression of Taylor. All Taylor ever did was complain about how cold she was. Me and Joe always made fun of her for it. I knew instantly that Joe had written it. I just hated that Milo was the one who got to do it. It just gave Taylor more of an excuse to take note of him.

"You got it." Joe said, smirking at me.

"Hey! That was not an accurate impression of me." Taylor contended.

Me and Joe just looked to each other, trying not to laugh.

"You sure, Tay? You're always complaining how cold you are." I said.

"Not always."

"Sure, Taylor." Joe said, smirking at her.

"Right," Lizzie said, gaining our attention. "That means everyone, but Charlie and Joe have to drink because Joe wrote it and Charlie guessed it."

"I have to drink too?" Milo said.

Lizzie shrugged. "If you like. The point of the game for those who didn't guess to drink, but because you were doing the impression, you're call."

Milo shrugged and drank from his red cup. I could only wonder whether alcohol encouraged him.

"Charlie you're up because you guessed it." Lizzie told me.

I picked out a name from a bowl. I read the name — Lizzie. Then I unfolded the paper and read the contents. Fiddling with her hair. I sighed and put the paper down and ran one hand through my hair.

"That's it?" Joe smirked at me. "I was hoping I'd get to laugh at you doing a push up or something."

I rolled my eyes at him and continued. "Can someone guess already?" I said, wanting my turn to be over and done with. The more attention I got, the more likely someone might catch onto what I was suspecting me.

"Easy, it's Lizzie. She's always messing about with her hair, aren't you Liz?" Billy smirked at her and she rolled her eyes.

"I do not!"

"Sure." Milo chimed in. The sound of his voice was like nails to a chalk board. It repulsed me, sending a shiver down my spine.

"Lizzie was the right answer." I confirmed, wanting to move on.

I tried not to cringe when I saw Milo take a sip of his drink with a smirk plastered across his face. His eyes were watching Lizzie looking very unimpressed at the so-called inaccurate quality that she'd been assigned to.

"Billy you're up." Lizzie said, clearly trying to hurry things along.

Billy raised his eyebrows at her and then flashed me an amused smile before picking a name out. His smile only grew wider when he read the name. I sighed a breath of relief. He didn't have the one I wrote.

However, it appeared I spoke too soon. His movie star smile faltered as he unfolded the piece of paper. He looked directly across from us and at Milo, his jaw tensing slightly. I watched his eyes scan the players before they skimmed over me and went back towards Lizzie and her red-haired friend. I saw his eyes narrow at her almost accusatorially and the piece of paper got scrunched up in his right fist.

Did he think she wrote it?

"Well, what is it?" Lizzie said.

"A load of shit is what it is." Billy replied, chucking the piece of paper back into bowl. It was now a tainted version of its former self.

Billy turned to me and I tried to give him a what's wrong kind of look. If he knew it was me I'd have no idea how he'd react.

"Come on, Charlie. Lets get out of here." Billy said, nodding towards the door.

Billy didn't think it was me. He thought it was someone else. Did he have grounds for thinking someone else wrote what I did? 

The others looked at us confused. Lizzie scrunched up her nose in confusion and picked up the piece of paper. "What the fuck...." Lizzie said, as she unravelled the dishevelled paper, her mind being warned to its contents. "Who wrote rapist?!" She squeaked.

Every single players eyes widened, but it was only then that I realised the name hadn't been said, but Sadie's eyes went straight to Milo. Her eyes wide like a deer caught in headlights. Her reaction was the most revealing. I could only wonder what she would have done if she was the one who had received Milo's folded piece of paper.

"What name is it?" Someone asked.

Lizzie looked back at Billy like she almost didn't want to say it like it was a dirty word, but she took a deep breath and spoke it anyway. "Milo." She said, her voice quiet.

"What the fuck?" Milo growled, angered. "Who the fuck is saying shit like that about me?"

I glanced to Taylor and saw how she unnoticeably instantly shifted an inch away from Milo and met my eyes. Joe was watching her just as closely as me as she met both of our eyes. I felt we were all getting the weirdest sense we'd walked in on a private conversation between old friends. The only thing my friends didn't know was that I was the one who started the conversation.

"Come on." Billy said, nudging me. "We've had enough of this game."

I glanced to Joe before glancing over to Taylor with my eyes. I was sending an unspoken message to him: watch out for her, I'll see you in a sec. Joe nodded in response before I followed Billy away from where the group of so called friends had gathered.

As I followed him to the top of the basement stairs, all I could think about was how he felt about the note. My thoughts raced as I took note of how anger seemed to be radiating from him. I wondered whether he was mad because he thought someone was just trying to make Milo look bad. Was he mad because he thought there was absolutely no truth to the claim? Was he angry because he thought there could be some truth to the claim? Or was it  because he knew there was truth in the accusation?

However, what preoccupied my mind the most was how would he feel about knowing that I was the one who wrote the note? After all, I'd said that I needed to talk to him tonight. And there was no going back on that now.

How do you think the rest of the party is going to go down?
Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote << 33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6M 515K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...
45.4K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2× on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...
1.1M 43.7K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...
110K 4.4K 47
In which two competitive culinary students get under each other's skin in all the right ways. * * * ʙᴏɪʟɪɴɢ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ (ɴᴏᴜɴ): ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴀᴛ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀɴɢᴇʀ ᴏʀ...