Out With The Old, In With The...

By embodimentofimpulse

Chloe, Lila, and Marinette have been best friends for as long as they can remember, but when Chole tells Mari... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Month 1
Chapter 2 - Month 1 pt. 2
Chapter 3 - Month 2
Chapter 4 - Month 2 pt. 2
Chapter 5 - Can't catch a break
Chapter 6 - Their arrival
Chapter 7 - The date
Chapter 8 - The date pt. 2
Chapter 9 - The date pt. 3
Chapter 10 - 3 steps forward and 2 steps back
Chapter 11 - The start of the tumbling dominoes
13 - Their progress
14 - The new enemy
15 - First day drama
16 - Numerous Talks
17 - Traveling & Rescued
18 - Timing and Precision
19 - Breakup + new guy
A/N
Another A/N
20 - Scout out
21 - Scout out pt. 2
22 - Next Gen starts now
Chapter 23
24 - Trial
25 - Trial pt. 2
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
A/N

Chapter 12 - (Side Chapter)

1.2K 24 2
By embodimentofimpulse

Noah: Y'know, it was pretty lame how I got my shit rocked the first time, wasn't it?

Sasha: H-huh?

Noah: Most guys would've had them begging for mercy, but nope- not me! I was on that ground faster than an ice cream cone in the Summer! My lights were off! The cameras caught everything but nobody was home!

Sasha starts laughing and Noah cracks a little smile and- (for the sake of hearing her laugh again) decides to keep the skit going.

Noah: For someone that talks and thinks so highly of themselves, I got my ass whooped. Kinda weak if I do say so myself. Mr. HighAndMighty, Noah Krone, the man that thinks he's the shit, getting his shit rocked. BOOM! Just like that!

Sasha: Y-you weren't so b-bad. Yeah, you may have got your shit rocked, coughed up a bile pond, and yeah, you're a little more bruised up than you interpreted-

Noah: Can you skip to the good part of all that please?

Sasha: Y-you may have had all that happen- which reminds me, we need to get you patched up, but ANYWAY- All that may have happened, but I thought it was pretty cool the way you bash their heads with that bat...

Noah: Cool or hot?

Sasha: Definitely cool.

Noah: So it wasn't even a little hot?

Sasha: Well...

Noah: Well?

Sasha: W-well...maybe a little...

Noah: HA! I KNEW IT! YOU THINK I'M HOT!

Sasha: I ain't never said a damn thing like that! All I said was that-

Noah: You thought IT was hot and you think I AM hot! It's a win-win!

Sasha: Hot- HOW! How is this a win-win?

Noah: You get to spend time with me and I get to hang with you until further notice. Win-win, you get me?

Sasha: You sound stupid.

Noah: I- damn, ok. What's your life been like though, y'know, before you joined our firehouse?

Sasha: I lived with my mom, dad and 3 older brothers, but when my mom and dad got divorced I had to come to Paris with him, while they got to stay in Barcelona with Mama. I was really into ancient myths too!

Noah: Oh yeah?

Sasha: Yup! My favorite was actually this old, super cheesy thousand year old curse called "Lovers Burden".

Noah: Sounds like a cheesy Rom-com movie.

Sasha: It's kinda like a soulmate type thing where one person is put in some type of pain by an outside party, and the amount they're put in causes them not to be able to say the others name, be put in pain when they're around them, so they actually have to avoid eachother at all costs. It was actually started as a theory in 1856 in Greece when two lovers were feuding. Kinda like Romeo and Juliet or some shit. Well, one party can avoid the other person or they can both avoid eachother if they both have it. But it's more likely that only one person would get-

Noah: I was right! It's like a cheesy Rom-com movie!

Sasha: Whatever.

Noah: You're jizzed 'cause I'm right.

Sasha: You're an ass, y'know that?

Noah: Yeah, but you're cute when your mad sooo...

Sasha: What about your home life NYC?

Noah: I'm currently living with my 2 older brothers at the house. My mom married my now abusive stepdad, so we all left and moved to Paris on our own. They moved here a few years after- which is what I was told, and my mom always comes by asking us to "be a family again". We haven't been family since that bastard kicked us all- me and my brothers out and my mother went with it because they "caught us with drugs". WHICH! BY THE WAY WERE HIS!

Sasha: Breathe, Noah, breathe.

Noah: Ok, ok! I'm- I'm fine.

Sasha: What's your status in the family?

Noah: I'm the youngest.

Sasha: No way! I am too!

Noah: Overprotective older bros?

Sasha: Damn right- Hey, what's with all those people over there?

She points to a house with, to her, are unidentified figures. A man yelling, a woman on the ground crying, and two other men. One holding the other back.

Noah: I'm so sorry you've gotta be involved in this.

They get out the car and his two older brothers look at Noah.

Noah: Gabe, Brad.

Gabe/Brad: Noah.

Noah: What the fuck are they doing here?

Gabe: We tried to stop them! We swear!

Brad: On our life we did!

Noah: Don't worry, I believe you. Mother, What- and I cannot stress this enough- the FUCK!

Brad: Oh, did y'all hear that Queen Bee, Carapace, Ryuko, Bunnix, King Money, and Pegasus defeated Midnight Moth today!? I was gonna ask earlier, but neither of y'all were home! Can clearly see you weren't lil' bro, out here saving women and shit!

Sasha: He was bashing heads in with a baseball bat!

Gabe: Damn lil' bro!

Noah: Back to the matter at hand though! Steve, Martha, the fuck are y'all doing here!?

Steve: YOU WON'T SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT!

Sasha: He'll speak to you however he wants! He's a grown ass man, who- might I add- is decent when he's not being an ass, a narcissist, a dummy, stupid, unapproachable-

Noah: Dear God, what will it take for you to let it go!?

Sasha: Sorry, but it's true! Anyway, your son may be all of those unbearable things, but he's- and I can't believe I'm saying this- got a good heart. Even though at most times he denies it.

Martha: P-please! C-come back home...

Gabe: Home? HOME!? YOU KICKED US OUT AND LEFT ME AND BRAD TO FEND FOR OURSELVES WITH A NEWBORN NOAH!

Brad: Calm down, now! I know your angry, but just because Midnight Moth is gone doesn't mean you can go all bat shit crazy.

Noah: They...kicked me out as a newborn...? B...but you guys said...-

Brad: Look, lil' bro, we just-

Steven: HA! WE GOT RID OF YOU BECAUSE YOUR MOTHER AND I ONLY WANTED 2 KIDS! THE OTHER 2 WERE JUST FOR MONEY! THOSE TWO DIDN'T EVEN WANT A LITTLE BROTHER!

Brad: THAT IS SO NOT TRUE!

Gabe: YEAH! WE LOVED AND PROTECTED NOAH! SOMETHING YOU NEVER DID!

Noah: But, you said you were my only family...that- that we were on our own from day one. You said- Brad, you told me that you met Gabe when you were 10 and he was 8, then y'all took me in when I was 2.

Gabe: We just didn't want you to know about...all this.

Brad: YOU GOT ANYTHING TO SAY MOM!?

Martha: N-Noah...

Noah: What?

Martha: You want the truth right?

Noah: That wasn't obvious? Yes, yes I do!

Martha: W-we-

Gabe: YOU WERE ADOPTED AND THEY KICKED US OUT A WEEK AFTER YOU GOT TO THE HOUSE!

Noah stands there in shock for a few seconds before the sinking pit in his stomach comes up through his mouth.

Brad: Oh, that's fowl!

Noah: I-I'm gonna- I'm gonna go skateboarding for- for a little while. I- I need to go cool off.

Gabe: It's late. Get in the house.

Noah: No, I'm going skateboarding! I'll...catch you all later.

He grabs a skateboard from the yard and skates down the street to the old abandoned skate park that's close to their house.

Brad: Hey- uhm- would you mind...?

He holds out an extra board.

Sasha: 'Kay.

She takes the board from Brad and starts skating down the street after Noah. She doesn't notice a small albino bee land on her hand.

She feels something sting her and sees a blinding white light for a few seconds, assuming that it was from the car in front of her, she skates to the side walk brushing it off as "just a few mosquitoes".

She stops at the nearby Gas station and picks up some food, drinks, and a medical kit for Noah. She keeps heating something that sounds like little whispers but continues to ignore it.

She gets to the skate park and hops the gate that's closed off and skates around for a while before finding Noah doing handstands on one of the ramps.

Sasha: You know your supposed to skate on the ramp not use it as a balance beam right?

Noah: Oh! That wasn't obvious!

Sasha: Don't be like that dude!

She holds up the bag with a giant grin on her face.

Noah: What's in there?

Sasha: I come bearing cheese fries and waffle ones too!

Noah: Is there Root Beer in there too?

Sasha: Of course, I'm not an animal!

Noah: Suddenly I'm feeling much better!

He spring to his feet and grabs a bottle of Root Beer out of the bag. They both sit on the ledge of the ramp before Noah breaks the comfortable silence.

Noah: I was stung tonight.

Sasha: What do you mean?

Noah: On the way over here. I thought it was a moth, but when I looked at it, it had the appearance of a Bee. I was stung by an Albino Bee. It was- hey, you've got them same thing on your hand.

He grabs her left hand and compares the mark that's her hand to the one that's on his right one.

Sasha: So that's what that was. I didn't think it was anything serious.

Noah: Is there an animal associated with that "Lovers Burden" thing you were talking about earlier?

Sasha: Yeah, but that's Albino Scorpions, not bees. And even if it was, bees, multiple things would need to happen. First, an item that's priceless would have to turn white, since you were stung. Second, you'd start hearing voices, kinda like your conscience, but it's not exactly that. And third- well that's all I know about it, but there's always a third thing!

Noah: Why'd you get a first-aid kit?

Sasha: No offense, but... you've seen your face, no?

Noah: Wow, ok, I see how it is!

Sasha: Just turn your face this way, dipstick!

Noah: Oh~? Look at you making your move~ And after you went through all that just to deny it too~

Sasha: Fix your own face then.

Noah: Awww c'mon! Are you really not gonna help me in my time of need~?

Sasha: No.

Noah: No, for real though, can you please help me?

Sasha: ...fine!

Noah: Awesome, I knew you wouldn't hang me to dry!

Sasha: That's only because I'd go against what I promised to become a firefighter.

Noah: I've always wondered, if we work as firefighters, why are we doing paramedic work?

Sasha: You didn't hear? I heard something about us getting transferred to the paramedic team. Either that or we're the ones getting laid off.

Noah: I forgot they were talking about layoffs...

Sasha: If I get laid off...I hope you get to stay.

Noah: Of course I'll get to stay! I'm one of the best the team's got!

Sasha: And he's back ladies and gents!

Noah: Don't worry, you're a close second, but your still not as good as me!

Sasha: Just move your face over here before I change my mind.

Noah: Yeah, yeah, thanks or whatever.

She gets some rubbing alcohol and cotton balls from the kit and starts dabbing them on his face.

Noah: It stings.

Sasha: Oh, stop whining. You're a grown man, it's only a few seconds.

Noah: Aren't you just the sweetest?

Sasha: You've noticed!? I've been trying REEEELLLY hard!

Noah: ...Touché...

Sasha: Give me your hand, you need it bandaged.

Noah: Awww~ You care about me~

Sasha: Your knuckles are turning purple- just gonna point that out. Why wouldn't I be concerned?

Noah: That's-

Sasha: Just shut up and give me your hand.

He holds his hand out and watches as Sasha cleans, disinfects, and wraps his hand.

Sasha: There, I'm finished!

Noah: Th-thanks...

Sasha: No problem.

She puts the medical supplies away and lays back on the ramp, looking up at the sky.

Noah: If I get laid off, I want you to kick ass at what you do. You hear me?

Sasha: Mhm! You can bet I will! I'm gonna-

Give in Sasha~

Sasha: What was that?

Noah: What was what?

Sasha: You didn't hear that just now?

Noah: Hear what? Are you feeling alright?

Give in and tell him~

Sasha: U-Uhm- Y-yeah- Yeah, just thought I heard something!

You can't deny it forever~

Noah: Ok? You- I- U-uhm-

Sasha: Are YOU alright?

Noah: You really...DON'T remember me, do you?

Sasha: We've met before?

Noah: Mrs. Banmèllè's Chemistry class, Sophomore year?

Sasha: Wait, hold on-

Noah: The reason your hair's mint green?

Sasha: Oh my God! You!

Noah: Remember now?

She sits up and sends him a death glare.

Sasha: YES! YOU MADE MY CHEMISTRY PROJECT EXPLODE AND NOW MY HAIR'S GONNA PERMANENTLY GROW OUT MINT GREEN! YOU WERE SUCH A FUCKING JERK!

Noah: I WASN'T THAT BAD!

Sasha: YOU SINGLE-HANDEDLY ALTERED MY DNA! MY HAIR'S GREEN NOW!

Noah: IT'S MINT!

Sasha: IT DOESN'T MATTER!

Noah: WELL, YOU-

Your still trying to deny it aren't you?

Noah: What the fuck!?

Sasha: What?

Noah: There was a- N-never mind.

All the fighting in the world isn't gonna change the fact that you want her.

Noah: You're telling me you don't hear this!?

Sasha: Hear what?

Noah: Y'know what? It- it doesn't matter.

Sasha: Still doesn't change the fact that you were a fucking dick!

Noah: Oh, like you were such an angel!

Sasha: Excuse you? I was better than you, the fuck are you talking about!?

Noah: Remember when you and your lil' "bestie" went on a fucking raid in the boy dorms!?

Sasha: So!?

Noah: SO!? YOU HUNG OUR DRAWLS FROM THE FLAG POLES!

Sasha: AND WE'LL DO IT AGAIN! GET ON ME!

Noah: THAT'S WHY YOU GET NO DICK!

Sasha: AND YOU GET NO ASS!

Noah: WELL YOUR SINGLE!

Sasha: YOU ARE TOO! WALKING AROUND WITH THAT STUPID LOLLIPOP STICK IN YOUR DAMN MOUTH! DESPERATE BITCH!

Noah: YOU'D KILL TO KISS ME!

Sasha: IN YOUR TWISTED DREAMS!

A head splitting migraine like pain goes through their heads and Noah catches himself before he falls, but Sasha falls back and almost falls off the ramp, but Noah pulls her in before she falls off.

Noah: Falling for me already~?

Sasha: Get bent asshole!

Noah: Ouch! So hostile and I haven't even asked for a date yet~

Sasha: Yeah? Well it's not- oh no!

She jumps over to the railing and starts puking because of the nausea.

Noah: Are you ok!?

Sasha: Get b-bent!

Noah: I- Y-your hair piece is turning white!

She takes the clip on Rose out of her hair and watched the rest of it turn white while she puked one last time.

Noah: Let's get you back to my house, yeah?

Sasha: I'm- *Gags* I'm fine.

Noah: Yeah, ok. We're going home anyway.

He picks her up and grabs the extra skateboard and starts going back to his house.

Sasha: I...c-can w-walk...

Noah: The amount of fucking cap you're radiating right now is off the charts!

A/N: Should I continue this in a separate book or as a side story??

Sasha: You, sir, have a potty mouth.

Noah: Like you're any better!

Sasha: I'm better than you-

In Sasha's eyes, the word looks like it's caving in on itself and she blacks out and goes into a pitch black mindset, seeing a rose gold silhouette of herself standing in front of her.

Sasha: Who the- what the- how- what-

Let me just ask you a question.

Sasha: Who are-

Do you know about the most painful Lovers Burden case that was discovered?

Sasha: Oh! The case of Jason Manroe and Mary Carter in 1791 in the US! Not that this was confirmed, but since Mary didn't admit her feelings for Jason she put herself in so much emotional and mental distress that she eventually took her own life. Jason was heartbroken because the girl he loved killed herself, so he ended up taking his life in the exact place she took hers.

Exactly! I knew you were a smart cookie!

Sasha: What are you getting at?

Do you like Noah?

Sasha: No way! He's a jerk, a dickwad! Not to mention stupid! He's not even that cute! He-

The rosette doppelganger snaps her fingers and a mind splitting pain goes through her head again.

Sasha: W-what are y-you doing to m-me!? M-make it s-stop!

She makes the pain stop and watches Sasha try to get up.

Sasha: Who are you!?

I am Lovers Burden in the form of your subconscious, Sasha.

Sasha: So...your basically me?

In simple terms, yes.

Sasha: PLEASE! ANYONE WOULD BE BETTER THAN-

Her subconscious holds up their hand indicating their going to snap their fingers again.

Sasha: OK! OK, OK!

I don't think you're understanding. I have powers greater than God himself! One wrong word out of you and you're gone! From the in. side. out.

Sasha: Why does your personal vendetta against me warrent me getting obliviated!?

BECAUSE FOR 8 YEARS I HAVE WATCHED AS YOU HAVE DENIED AND LIED ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS FOR NOAH, AND I'M STUCK SUFFERING FOR IT! THE RULERS ABOVE ME HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU AND THEY HAVE SENT ME TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!

Sasha: WHAT!? I HAVEN'T DENIED SHIT! AND WHO THE FUCK ARE "ThE rUlErS"!?

A chair appears making Sasha fall back into it.

YOU DARE CHALLENGE ME KNOWING WHAT I CAN DO TO YOU!?

Sasha: Who. Are. The. Rulers?

The rulers are the Gods who are responsible for all the curses, charms, luck, ect.

Sasha: And what the fuck does that have to do with me!?

It has to do with you, because you and that idiot you fell in love with have pissed them off beyond reconciliation...and it's my turn to be the one to pay for it...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.1K 1.1K 19
Marinette's life was getting bad ever since Lila promise to her in which she told lies about what Marinette did but didn't do in which all of her fri...
4.1K 117 9
she's a popstar and Youtuber Queen And a Tiktoker And Dancer And she go to School Collège Françoise Dupont And she's Chloe half Sister and soon to b...
138K 4.9K 35
Marinette has finally had enough of her class. Things would only get worse as the days went by. When her best friend comes up with a suggestion, will...
2.5K 33 7
Marinette has been hated, disgusted by, and isolated from her very own "friends". Finally, she falls to one of Hawk Moth's akumas. Although she's q...