Real-ish

Por EEDASN

A lonely girl, a flash of light, four brothers who need a place to stay. Cora Sanchez, a girl left alone for... Mais

Character Visuals
A Grave Encounter
Cora's House
Honey, I'm Home!
Bestie Betty
Tim's Date
Cora Is A Badass
Swirling Minds
Homecoming
Straight and Narrow
Protective
Sleepy
Comfort Zones
Brother Bonding
Goodbye
Popping The Question
Game Plan
Breaking Through
Preparing
Back To Kansas
Gotham
Sweet Escape
The Girl In The Chair
Worry
Recovery
The Past Haunts Us
Walls
Crushing
School Days
Let The Ruse Begin
Torture
Oh Brother
Fake It Till You Make It
Breaking Point
Rebuilding
Pillow Talk
Fluffy Fluff
Domestic Disturbance
Parental Supervison
Mother Dearest
Fixing The Broken
Meet The Family
Tying Up Loose Ends
I Dreamed A Dream
Letting Go
Unread Pages
Coming to a Close
The End

Settling In

362 14 0
Por EEDASN

Cora~

I follow behind Mr. Wayne silently. I understand why the boys told me he was intimidating. He's so much taller than me, I swear I couldn't even reach his head if I wanted to.

I can tell he's softened up from when I first arrived, but he still looked at me like I killed his dog when I first got here. It's a hard image to forget in what I guess to be 15 minutes or so.

The boys themselves are changing into their regular clothes. I wish they were here because I am very nervous. This hallway seems to stretch on forever. There's an endless amount of identical doors.

We come to an abrupt halt and I almost bump into Mr. Wayne. He opens a door to his right and I peer inside. It's gorgeous. 

There's an open balcony and a queen-sized bed. Everything is white with dark brown furniture. It reminds me of a hotel I once stayed in with my parents. The sun is illuminating the room almost perfectly.

"If you like it, then this room is yours. Feel free to unpack and get settled in." Mr. Wayne offers in a gruff yet kind voice. He's trying to be nice. 

His words finally register. This is my room?! No way. I mean this room is absolutely gorgeous and I would absolutely love to stay here, but it also looks way too extravagant to let me use. I look at Mr. Wayne, feeling my face heat up.

"Are you sure? I mean I just kinda showed up and you want to give me a room like this?" I question. Was that offensive? I hope not. He chuckles a little, calming my nerves only slightly.

"Of course, Miss Sanchez. You welcomed my sons into your home, now we're welcoming to into ours. You can also customize it if you don't like it." He says, back to being kind once again.

"Oh, well that really wasn't a big deal, it was certainly nothing compared to this," I say, eyeing the glass light shade. Mr. Wayne chuckles again, he seems to find my nerves amusing. I see where the boys get it from.

"I am quite sure it was more than you realize, Miss Sanchez. Now, I'm going to go check on my boys. Please, make yourself at home." He says, beginning to walk away. My gaze flicks between his retreating figure and the room before me.

I hesitantly walk into the room. The hardwood floors are beautiful and a wardrobe of the same color sits in the corner. All of the furniture seems to be made from the same dark wood. The nightstand that sits beside the bed is no different as well as the door to the closet. 

It takes tremendous effort not to take a running leap onto the heavenly-looking bed. It seems wrong almost, to ruin the sheets like that.

I grip the backpack straps on my chest. I wander over to the balcony for some air. It stretches across the whole house and I can see other doors along the edge of it. They most likely lead to other bedrooms like mine. 

Upon looking over the edge I see a garden surrounded by a small forest. It's beautiful. There's a fountain and some shrubbery. There's a section for flowers and I see some planter boxes as well. I stand and admire the perfect-looking plants.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" 

I yelp a little, not noticing Damian beside me. How long was he even there? I breathe deeply for a couple of seconds.

"Yeah, yes, um, hi," I say, calming down once I realize that it's just Dami. He smirks at me.

"Hello. Are you enjoying your room?" He asks. I can hear his amusement. It would be embarrassing if he weren't so, well, him.

"Well, I think it's gorgeous, but it seems, um... I just don't know if I deserve such a fancy room just for letting you and your brothers stay at my place for a while. If anything that was enough reward for me." I say, voicing some of my concerns.

 I probably sound so ungrateful right now, but I was taught to voice my opinions and concerns when I can. That way I'm not keeping secrets.

Damian frowns. I knew it, I'm definitely being really ungrateful. I mean we didn't even ask Mr. Wayne if it was okay that I came so he didn't even have the chance to say no.

"I'm sorry, it's not that I don't like the room. I mean it's gorgeous and anyone would have to be blind to not see how amazing it is, really." I say, hoping to convey that I really do love the room. However, Damian's frown actually deepens.

 I feel my heart sink. I've been in this universe for not even a day, barely an hour, yet I've already caused 2 sour moods. Maybe I should just go home. I can't disappoint anyone if they aren't around to disappoint.

"Cora. Listen to me." Damian demands, grabbing my shoulders gently, but firm enough that I'm now paying 100% attention to him.

"You deserve this room. In fact, you deserve much more, but I am going to assume that father didn't want to overwhelm you with a bigger room. Stop worrying. This is all okay." He assures, staring into my eyes. 

I nod slowly. He could say anything to me with those eyes and I would say yes. His intense features soften once I nod, his grip loosening. 

"Good. Do you want some help unpacking?" He offers gently. My head spins just a little at the change in demeanor.

"Sure. Then do you think you could show me around?" I ask. If I express my doubts too much he'll frown again. I don't want to make him frown, so I may as well just enjoy what I'm given. 

"Absolutely. What do you need to unpack first?" He asks. I start taking off my backpack while I walk inside.

"Well, I think I'd like to get my personal items out of the way first, then just the clothes I brought and I can work out anything else I'll need," I say, pulling out the picture frame with me and my parents. I pause to look at us. This was from my first time in Portugal. We all look so happy. I already miss them.

I shake my head and place it on the nightstand. When I turn around I see Damian reading my black book. There's nothing I want to hide from him in there so I'll let him continue reading. I take my diary out from the bottom of the bag and place it in the drawer of my nightstand. 

I bring my bag with me to the wardrobe only to find that it's full of towels already. I consider asking Dami about it, but he's invested in my writing right now, so instead, I walk to what I now assume is the closet. 

I quietly open the door and I stop in shock. It's huge! There are drawers on the bottom and clothing hangers on the top. I don't think I could ever have enough clothes to fill half of it.

I drop my backpack on the floor, still just staring at the very large closet if you could even call it that. It's more like another room.

I shake my head, taking in a couple of deep breaths to calm my shock. This is supposed to be the smaller room?! I pull out the necessary clothes for the drawers and then take out the shirts I brought. I also brought a single dress just in case. It's not too fancy but it could do in a pinch.

Damian walks in as I'm starting to hang my clothes.

"So, how can I help?" He asks.

"You can help me hang these if you want. Or you could just keep me company." I offer, waiting for his response.

"I'll help. That is what I'm here to do, is it not?" Damian says with a soft smile. I really love when he smiles. It's good for my heart.

"Fair point. Here you go." I say, handing him a shirt. He takes it and we work in comfortable silence for a little bit. I didn't bring that many clothes.

"Hey Dami, where's the bathroom in this place? I have some stuff if there's room in the cabinets." I question. He raises a brow at me.

"It's on the other side of your room." He says. Is that what that other door is? Do I seriously have my own bathroom?

Deciding to go check it out, I walk to the only door I haven't opened yet. I grip the brass doorknob and pull it open. At this point, I should have expected what I see, yet I'm still shocked.

Pink marble walls and caramel marble floors. The sink is black granite and so is the shower floor.  An inlaid bathtub sits beside the shower, and the toilet is on the other side. I'm pretty sure this bathroom is the size of my room back in my universe.

I am not going to get used to this. I don't think it's humanly possible for me. I was never poor, but I can't even imagine being this rich.

A hand is placed gently on my shoulder. I startle once again, I suppose that happens when in a new environment. Or maybe that's just me.

"Cora, are you okay? It's just a bathroom." Damian states, concern lacing his words.

"Damian, this is not just a bathroom, this is the fanciest bathroom I've ever been in," I say, still in shock. I hear him chuckle softly.

"It's still just a bathroom. Everything works the same." He states, and while I'm not looking at him, I can hear the amusement still in his voice.

"I think, I think I should do this one later. Maybe if I see more it won't shock me so much?" I say. 

"Alright then, I suggest we go see the garden first," Damian states, using the hand on my shoulder to guide me back to the room. Just as we are about to leave I remember something.

"Hold on just a second," I say, running back into the room to grab something I am pretty sure I brought.

I return moments later with a string bookmark that I then tie around the door handle. I nod to myself in satisfaction.

"Now I can tell which room is the one I'm staying in," I explain to Damian, as he raised a brow at my actions.

"Okay, are you ready now?" He prompts. I give him what I hope is a steady smile.

"Yep lead the way!"

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

188K 7.7K 24
" oi test tube baby, stop breaking my phone out of spite you demon fuck. " " i don't know who this is but sucks to be you. " ...
13.3K 186 28
oneshots of our favorite batfamily REQUESTS ARE OPENED! they/them pronouns includes(current): -dick grayson -jason todd -tim drake -damian wayne -ste...
234K 5.2K 40
This is just a place to put all of my ideas that I need to get out of my head. Mostly the bat boys (if you want the bat girls than you can tell me in...
19.2K 319 32
The Batfam (Mainly Bruce, Dick, Jason, Babs, Tim Cass and Damian) as oneshots. ON HIATUS: WILL UPDATE IF ASKED AND GIVEN PROMPT Minor cursing. What's...