Boomerang (Sokka x Fem!Reader)

Multiverse_Queen द्वारा

"You'll be back right?" "I'll always come back." A girl born of two nations navigates the war and always find... अधिक

A/n
Prologue
Ch 1: Jet
Ch 2: Come With Us
Ch 3: Captive
Ch 4: Jailbreak
Ch 6: Choices
Ch 7: Interim
Ch 8: Useful
Ch 9: School of Dance
Ch 10: Scheduling Conflict
Ch 11: Marry Him
Ch 12: Sincerity
Ch 13: Scammers
Ch 14: Sokka Talk
Ch 15: Uneasy
Ch 16: Drowning
Ch 17: Promise Me
Ch 18: Day of Black Sun Part I: Sabotage
Ch 19: Day of Black Sun Part II: I'm Back
Ch 20: Retreat
Ch 21: Welcome
Ch 22: Thanks Zuko
Ch 23: Diary
Ch 24: Taken
Ch 25: The Boiling Rock Part I
Ch 26: The Boiling Rock Part II
Ch 27: Falling
Ch 28: Revenge
Ch 29: Theatre
Ch 30: Reality
Ch 31: Waiting Game
Ch 32: Tracking
Ch 33: Over
Ch 34: Boomerang

Ch 5: Reunion in Ba Sing Se

464 10 2
Multiverse_Queen द्वारा

Y/n POV

It took what seemed like forever, but I finally reached the middle of the city: the Upper Ring. I could tell I stood out, dressed in Water Tribe clothes but nobody questioned me because of the way I carried myself. Posture classes at the Fire Nation Academy for Girls: helpful. 

I walked around the Upper Ring and I was thoroughly impressed. The architecture conveyed extreme wealth—which was probably the idea—and the beautiful shades of green and yellow were pleasing to the eye.

Most of the buildings seemed to be residences, walled off large structures for the most wealthy and influential people in the Earth Kingdom. Aside from the Earth King of course. 

I noticed a crowd of people outside of a building. I walked over, realizing that it was a tea shop, and that the crowd was a line. The Jasmine Dragon, huh? 

I found a gold and jade bench and sat down, resigning myself to people watching. The action brought back memories of my mother. She and I used to go into the Fire Nation Capital City and people watch. She'd always make comments about how strange and fascinating Fire Nation customs and social norms were. I didn't then, but now I understand  that she was speaking from an outsider perspective. 

Father introduced her to the Fire Nation and was able to hide my and her heritage. What could've changed that Mother and I had to leave? What made it so there's a bounty on my head? 

Zuko POV

Uncle's tea shop was becoming more and more popular, meaning I had more and more work to do. It was soothing though, this routine and comfortable life. 

"Lee, why don't you take a break for a few moments?" Uncle said to me, while also juggling three trays with three tea sets. I raised an eyebrow and he noticed my apprehensiveness. He smiled at me. "Go, I'll be fine."

I shrugged and hung up my apron, walking outside. I saw the crowd and sighed, deciding not to take too long of a break. I turned around and noticed someone, someone I never thought I'd see again. No, this can't be.

The girl sat leisurely on the gold and jade bench, the wind blowing through her h/c hair. When her e/c finally looked up and met mine, I knew for sure. I walked towards her. 

"Y/n?" I said quietly. Her face broke into a smile and she jumped up to hug me. 

"Zuko," she whispered. I hugged her back, emotion washing over me. I realized we were in public and let go of her. 

"Hey, do me a favor and call me Lee," I told her. She raised an eyebrow but then nodded. She pulled me over to the side of the building, away from the crowd. 

"Ok...Lee, but what happened to your face? And what in the world are you doing here?" I asked. He chuckled breathlessly. 

"I could ask you the same thing. After you left, I never thought I'd see you again. Honestly, I thought you were dead," he said and I shook my head. 

"Father sent Mother away with me, but when she was killed, I thought that was the end of it. I just recently found out that Father was alive," I semi-explained. 

"Your father's more than alive, he's still a high ranking general in the army. He still has my father's trust," he informed me. I processed what he said and then gasped. 

"Speaking of, why are you here and not by your father's side? You're going to be Fire Lord one day right?" I asked and he shook his head. 

"Father banished me. Scarred me in an Agni Kai and sent me to wander the world. Uncle's been the only person helping me since," he explained. I reached up gently and stroked his face. 

"I'm so sorry, Lee. What have you and your Uncle been doing out here on your own?" I asked and the smile on his face was adorable. 

"I thought I needed to do something to regain my horror, but I learned that honor is something that no one can take. I'm happy here," he said. I smiled brightly. 

"I'm glad Lee. You must've already found this out, but it's important to follow your heart," I told him and he nodded. I noticed the sun setting and I knew I would have to leave soon. "Lee, I have to go."

Zuko pulled me into a tight hug, and I wrapped my arms around him too. 

"It was great seeing you again, Y/n. I hope we'll see each other soon," he whispered and I nodded into his chest. 

"We will. Take care Lee," I told him and he gave me a final smile before walking back into the tea shop. I took a final look at the Jasmine Dragon before walking back towards the lower ring. 

Zuko's one part of my Fire Nation life that I'm sad to have lost. But I've found him again, and I'm excited he's doing so well. 

Alright, time for the swim back to my new life...

A few weeks later...

Sokka POV

We had gotten the Earth King on our side and imprisoned the Dai Li's leader, Long Feng. Positive thinking and positive energy really does wonders. And now, I finally get to see Dad again. 

"You haven't seen your dad in over two years. You must be so excited!" Aang said as we landed in Chameleon Bay. I could see the Water Tribe ships and all of a sudden my stomach turned. 

"I know I should be, but I just feel sick to my stomach," I replied honestly. 

"Don't be nervous, he's gonna be so happy to see you," Aang reassured me. I asked Aang if he was nervous to meet the guru, and his confidence helped bolster mine. I jumped down from Appa and watched them leave before taking a deep breath and walking over to the ships. 

I tried to walk in confidently, but I was still nervous surrounded by all the warriors. A man appeared in front of me and I thought I was going to get told to leave, but he extended a hand and I shook it firmly. 

"Sokka, good to see you," a man said and the others offered similar hellos. They all stood a path for me to the biggest tent, and I knew that's where my father would be. 

I walked towards it and couldn't help the smile on my face when I saw him. Bato had to tap him to look up from his maps, but when he saw me he smiled too. 

"Sokka," he said and he stood up to come to me. 

"Hi, dad," was all I could manage to say. I hugged my father for the first time in years. Words cannot describe how happy I am right now. 

"Sokka, I've missed you so much. But where's Katara?" He asked me. 

"She's here in Ba Sing Se. She stayed with the Earth King to plan an invasion of the Fire Nation. But she told me to tell you she misses you," I explained and he nodded. He guided me out of his tent with a hand around his shoulder. 

"There's a lot we need to catch up on, but first there's someone who I'd like you to meet. Well you've already met her," he said and he walked me down to the shore. 

There was a girl there, bending the tide up and around her body, controlling it with precision. I thought I was seeing things. 

"Y/n, look who came to see us," my father said and she turned around. Matching smiles broke out on our faces. 

"Y/n, you're back!" I yelled and ran towards her to hug her. She wrapped her arms around my neck, giggling. 

"Sokka, it's so good to see you again," she said with a wide smile. I nodded enthusiastically.

"It's great to see you too. How have you been? Where have you been? How'd you get here? What are you doing with my dad?" I asked quickly and she laughed. 

"I told you I'd be back didn't I? After I left Jet, I was kinda just wandering but then I was captured by some Fire Nation soldiers. When I broke out of the prison, the soldiers caught up to me and I thought I was a goner, but then your father and his men saved me," she explained. 

"Y/n's been an excellent addition to our team ever since. I was surprised to hear that she already knew you," my dad added. I nodded. 

"Y/n helped us stop Jet from destroying a village full of innocent people. She's pretty cool," I said and I immediately looked to the side embarrassed. 

"I couldn't help if you weren't such a persistent leader. Now I realize that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree," she told me smiling and my dad put his hand on my shoulder affectionately. This day couldn't get any better...

"I'll give you two some more time to catch up and then, Sokka, you should see what we've been working on," my dad said and I nodded. 

I walked with Y/n along the shoreline and told her about everything that happened to the Gaang and I. She listened intently to the parts about the North Pole, applauding Katara for helping take down the patriarchy. I was thoroughly impressed with her clever jailbreak, and agreed with her when she called herself the queen of jailbreaks. 

I did have to tell her about Jet, and her upbeat attitude dropped for a second, but she was back to her normal self after reflecting on it for a while. 

"Alright, now that we're all caught up, we should go see what your dad was talking about," she told me and I nodded. 

We walked over to my father and the other men, and when he saw us coming, my father got right down to business. 

"This bay leads directly to the outskirts of Ba Sing Se. We've been using these tangle mines to stop the Fire Nation ships from getting through," my dad explained. 

"Your father invented tangle mines himself," Y/n told me and I nodded, inspecting the large wooden bomb. 

"Destructive, buoyant, and..." I sniffed the solution Bato poured inside. I gagged. "...terrible smelling!" 

"The mines are filled with skunk-fish and seaweed. When a ship detonates the mine, the seaweed tangles up the propeller, and the foul smell forces people to abandon the ship," dad informed me. 

"He calls it the stink n' sink," Y/n told me and I laughed. We continued tinkering with the mine and then a scout came running towards us. 

"Hakoda, our scouts have spotted four Fire Nation ships!" 

"Bato, get these mines loaded up. The rest of you men, prepare for battle," my dad commanded. 

"Uh...what should I do, Dad?" I asked timidly. He looked at me skeptically. 

"Aren't you listening? I said 'the rest of you men  get ready for battle'," he repeated and I couldn't help but get excited. Y/n smiled to me as we ran to a ship. 

"Men and woman. I like to help out," she said with a wink and I chuckled. 

We loaded up the boats with mines and set sail into the bay. After a few minutes, we came face to face with the Fire Navy's ships. They spotted us early on, and launched an attack in the form of flaming rocks.

Y/n stood on the port side of the boat and took a stance. She raised her arms quickly and the sea water rose to meet a fleet of flaming rocks, extinguishing them and pulling the debris under water. 

"Good work, Y/n. Men, deploy the mines!" My dad yelled. I noticed Y/n smirked to herself and I smiled too, happy that she was happy. 

I helped my father and the other men throw the mines into the water. I grabbed one and tossed it into the water with all my strength. When they detonated, the Fire Nation ships were taken down just like my dad described. 

We watched as the soldiers jumped their foul smelling ships in defeat. Cheers erupted and we turned around to go back to the shore. I high-fived Y/n on the way off the boat. 

"That giant wave you made? Totally awesome," I told her. She laughed and gestured to me. 

"What was really awesome was how far you could throw that mine all by yourself. Those chin tucks are really doing wonders for you," she said and it was my turn to laugh, albeit more nervously. My dad walked over to us with a smile. 

"This is why I trusted you to watch over the village when I left. You're a great warrior, Sokka," my dad said, placing a hand on my shoulder. 

I was going to go with my dad back to his boat to help unpack the supplies when I heard a familiar growl. I turned and there was Aang, days early on Appa. He looked at me desperately and my positive attitude finally fell. I sighed and spoke. 

"This can't be good news."

To be continued...

~|~

Thanks for reading 💙💙

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

754K 19.2K 54
❝ oh 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮.... You make such fools of us all ❞ .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. (Y/N) grew up as an aristocratic noble who...
109K 2.5K 22
COMPLETED! 'Aya's my angel and I'm never letting her go.' After seeing Azula strike Aang with her lightening, Aya's entire world fell into a black h...
126K 3.5K 37
Kya is now taken captive to the Fire Nation and faced with choosing herself over her beliefs. Siding with Azula for a better chance at survival Kya s...
19.8K 868 29
Fire and Water. Two opposite elements. They can never get along. The Fire and Water Nations have been enemies for a century. So when a teenage Water...