The flames to remind you

By AngelHollins9

Her new life started the moment she stepped through the flames... Willing to trade her own life for the possi... More

Prologue
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
seven

One

588 60 34
By AngelHollins9

I have been apart of the Academy for nine years. I never did get to see Theo again. It made me sad to think that he's probably forgotten me already. But I could and would, never forget him.

He was my first friend.

His decisions had ultimately changed my life for the better, and I would never be able to express how happy that makes me. Even with the dire and deathly circumstances.

My phone buzzes as I pour myself another coffee. I turn around and pick it up, unlocking the screen quickly to read the message.

Acadamy father; Stethoscope

I roll my eyes at his word choice and text my own random word back.

G. Bird; Chocolate

That's more like it. Nothing can go wrong with a good old bar of chocolate. Actually, there could. Someone could try to steal it from you. That would be horrible! I'd have to break a finger at minimum.

Academy father; How was your flight here?

Oh no. I know what he's doing. He's trying to butter me up like a early morning biscuit.

G. Bird; Dad, just give me the mission already. I had a good flight and slept well. I'm fine.

Academy father; Fine. We need you to assist a small team at a ball revenue tonight. I have a dress being sent over. You'll just need to dance with the team and be a backup to assist them out safely. I'll send you the teams files in a bit.

G. Bird; Okay. I'll start getting ready soon. Who is the dress by?

Academy father; You realize that I already know how much you love the Gabriel Coleman gowns.

G. Bird; Yaya! His work is gorgeous and amazing! Why wouldn't I love it!

Completely true. Gabriel Coleman is one of the Academies gown makers. The BEST designer. He's the best and his style is essentric and wild.

He manages to create dresses that are lightweight and easy to move in while also feeling like silk over your skin.

Honestly if I ever met the man, old or not, I would give him a huge kiss that would put a Russian to shame, because his dresses have helped me out of desperate situations so well. Expecially since he customizes my dresses to hold my weapons.

Academy father; He would be glad to hear that, I'm sure. Expecially since your his best customer AND paid full cost for his dream store. And still, you pay at least sixty thousand a year on his gowns.

G. Bird; So? I'm a huge fan. Plus I'm sure I spend more than that. He started making attire for more than just formal events the past year or so. Of course I buy it all. 🙄

Academy father; ... You have a shopping problem. Admit it.

G. Bird; never. I just know how to appreciate the fine arts! But gtg! Love you Phil!

Academy father; It's 'dad' to you missy. Also, whats my name under this time?

I blink at his question before smiling ruefully to myself. Ops. Let me just change it real quick.

G. Bird; It's just 'best dad ever'

Best dad ever; you just changed it didn't you? You know what. Nvm. As long as my name is better than Uncles then that's all that matters.

I laugh out loud at his antics. He and Uncle fight over who the better father figure is all the time and I love watching them bicker back and forth. Expecially when they start pranking each other.

Those are my favorite times because I can get a couple free pranks in on them and they assume it was the other.

Speaking of.... I need to pay them both back from when they filled my sock drawer with spiders. I had to burn that house down and move with only the clothes on my back that night. All my clothes! Gone.

G. Bird: No promises. Uncle promised unlimited chocolate chip pancakes while I'm here.

Best dad ever; Then I promise to buy you as much G.C. clothes and products as you want during your stay.

G. Bird; really?! Oh my gosh. I'll leave you as Best dad ever!

Best dad ever; good. Later lovebug.

G. Bird; later. I'll stop by tomorrow.

Best dad ever; Okay. Good luck tonight.

I put my phone down on the counter and clean up my breakfast mess. I can't wait to see what that fashinova man made me to wear tonight.

🔥🔥🔥

As always, I wasn't dissapointed as I stepped out of the limo in my dress.

It was a lovely form fitting gown in a pink color and rimestones lined around it to give off a queen vibe. I always feel like Royalty in G.C lines. I almost think he makes everything specially for me.

Walking into the mansion, I scan the people looking for a Marc, Brandon/Corey, Victor or Owen.

I was needed to be a asset for them to escape this hell. So I'll receive a favor for this simple mission.

Which I don't concern myself on, I'll send the favor back to them because honestly I have way to many anyways.

I earn alot of money and favors from other teams that need to borrow my skills. I've been hundreds of different aliases in these last few years. I've been across the globe fighting for my life.

But I wouldn't trade any of those days. They've all created who I am today.

I finally spot one of the Henshaw twins in the crowd. The file said that there was no way to tell them apart but only Brandon would be inside this party tonight while Corey does his computer guru elsewhere.

I'm fascinated by the idea of meeting Corey Henshaw though. I've heard he made the red line program with Victor. And that those two have been the ones that's helped me set up the Academy firewalls.

I may be needing to give them two some smooches when I meet them.

I make my way to the tall lean man. He wears a nice tux with his nearly blonde hair styled neatly.

"Hello. Would you dance with me sir?" I look up at the man through my eyeslashes as I ask him.

When he heard me speak, he looks down at me with a slight frown.

"No thank you. I'm actually waiting for someone."

I have to stop myself from rolling my eyes. Is he serious? Instead of trying to convince him I'm the bird sent in for the mission, I look at him fully and grab his arm into my own.

Then I drag him away from the tables and onto the dance floor.

He tries to politely get away from me, but I ignore his attempts until we stop.

"Stop it Brandon, just fucking dance with me for a few minutes until I can find the others and save them from whatever bullshit they've been tangled in."

He freezes at his name and seems to do a double take on me.

"Funboard"

I smile up at the man, taking in his sad creculan blue eyes.

"Rifle"

His eyebrows raise and he leans down a little to talk easier.

"I was expecting one of the usual girls to show up, sorry about the rudeness."

I shake my head at him.

"No! Don't be sorry, I understand. Now, let's dance our way over there" I pause and point in the direction. "That way I can help Marc get away from those cougars."

Brandon tips his head back and chuckles when he spots the man in question nervously trying to be kind to the three ladies that are raking their wrinkled hands over his back and chest.

"Okay. Let's do it."

And we do. It only takes three and a half minutes before I make it to Marc.

His brown hair is sticking up from the ladies hands running through it and he flits his green and blue eyes around in slight panic.

I step out of the crowd, right before the shorter of the woman can grope his crotch.

"-ever had a four way before? We can make you feel alooot of things babycheeks."

I nearly gag at the woman's words as I step forward. Her wrinkled skin sags but yet she acts as if she was still in her twenties. It's weird and gross to see, hear and think of.

When will brain bleach be invented?

"Hey ladies. Sorry to dissapoint you all, But his bed is already full." I give a seductive smirk to them as they face me, but I continue on. "Come here Baby, I'm ready to have fun! You've already promised me!"

At this, I put a fake pout in my tone that Marc laughs softly to.

"Awww. Don't look at me like that mittens. Let's go, I wouldn't want to keep my darling waiting, now would I?" His eyes brighten, Clearly enjoying the sexual banter.

I hold out a hand for him to take and when he does I pull him to my chest and bring my other arm around his neck.

Once he's close enough, I whisper a quick apology to him and press our lips together in a quick kiss.

"Well. Come on girls, it seems as if this one's taken. A damn shame." One of the woman say before I hear them all shuffle away.

I pull back from Marc's distracting lips and give him a big smile.

"See! That wasn't so bad! Sorry I had to kiss you, they wouldn't have left you alone if we didn't show some proof of a 'relationship'."

I glance over to Brandon, and see his eyes flash with shock before he forces a smile onto his lips.

"It's alright. The kiss wasn't bad either so I'd take that as a win for sure." He gives a cheeky smile and holds out an elbow.

I take it and lock my own into his and put my other elbow up for Brandon to take.

Then we are off to rescue the next one.

Who I spot sitting at a table inside the mansion. Surrounded by older men who keep giving each other glares. I pause and turn to the men at my sides.

"Now. I'm going to go save Owen, but I won't be able to do it with you two, go search for Victor, and  I'll meet you there." I wait for them to nod and walk off before I turn around and watch the table.

They're in a intese battle of poker, and clearly are getting upset with Owen, who keeps winning.

Which I definitely can see. His poker face is amazing, expecially since it isn't just a mask he wears for the game.

He looks pristine and sophisticated as he sits shoulders straight with his perfectly pressed grey suit.

I walk over and join the table, sitting down in the seat beside Owen's.

The men around me, take notice of me immediately.

"Eh? Sorry, but this is a man's game. Unless your here to offer yourself as the jackpot..." They begin to give my body a lewd look, but I lean forward and smile innocently.

"Aw. I've always wanted to play poker. I use to watch those shows all the time. Can I play at least one round? Maybe I can win a.... round with one of you fine gentlemen for later?"

They all give grunts to my pouty cheerful voice, except Owen.

The others around the table start shaking their heads and pass me cards of my own.

I smile in thanks and the game begins.

I've played bloody poker, this is nothing to me. Easy.

I glance at my cards, and place a pout of sadness on my lips that they shake their heads at.

They think I'm upset at my cards, but really I'm ecstatic. This is probably one of the best hands dealt at the table right now, unless Owen is faring better.

Glancing at Owen, his eyes scan the men and he looks to his hand. I barely catch the slight tick of his jaw, he's clearly not happy at the cards he holds. But yet doesn't show anything.

I smile at myself. Then I start babbling and laughing with the men around me. Playing the part of dumb innocent blonde.

Their loss. They didn't even bother trying to call me out. Cocky and self assured that I had no chance.

So imagine their surprise when I laid my hand and gave a fake pout, as if not understanding I've won.

Owen's hand was pretty good too, so even if I hadn't won, he definitely would have.

When he spots my cards he raises a smooth eyebrow at me.

"What the fuck?!"

"Who are you going to choose then little lady?"

The men vary from angry and smug as I press a finger to my chin, as I make eye contact with them all, debating who to choose.

"I think I'll take.... You!" At my exclamation I point to Owen in faux glee.

The other men laugh and congratulate him but he shows no outward emotion as he looks at me.

"Miss... I would have to politely decline your off-"

I cut him off quickly,"don't be silly! Come on! We have some fun to do!"

He tries to kindly detach himself from my grasp, but I don't allow him to, and pull him out of the chair and away from the table.

Once out of the other men's veiw I stop and grab Owen to push him gently against the wall.

"Stop. I was getting you away from them before they decided to dump your body in the harbor for cheating." He opens his mouth to defend himself but I put my palm over his soft perfect lips and continue. "I know you wasn't cheating, but they don't. Now, if you will willingly follow me, I need to get over to the others."

I wait for him to give me a nod then remove my hand.

I back away from him a few steps and he straightens up and presses his hands down the front of his suit as if getting invisible wrinkles out of its material.

Then we work our way through the crowd of people to the front where the beautiful sound of music is being played. Victor Morgan. A piano prodigy whose family used his talents for their own greedy deeds.

Victor Morgan is a man with tremendous amounts of money and his networth was in the millions as a kid. More money than he knows what to do with, he indulges his Academy family with their wants.

He recently bought a twenty bedroom mansion for him and his family to stay in.

I can see why he has yet to take a girlfriend even at his parents persistence. He would have problems finding someone who doesn't care for his name and wealth.

But I can relate to him in a way. I get paid heavily from my missions, and even with my dozens of donations and projects, I still have way too much myself, which is why I tip hugely to restaurants and expecially to G.C.

I watch Victor now, his eyes closed as his fingers fly gracefully across the keys in front of him. I can hear the battle of wills in his playing. The love and hate relationship he has with something he enjoys but not for the attention it has given him.

I walk onto the raised stage, sliding gracefully onto the sleek black bench next to him.

I put my fingers at the ready and on the next chorus part I begin harmonizing with his own.

The song becomes slightly more haunting and beautiful as I play the song, but with lower background tones.

Victor's eyes immediately pop open as he sharply looks over at me.

I give him a small supportive smile and continue playing with him, trying not to take notice of the inferno flames in his light brown eyes.

"What are you doing?" His baritone voice whispers.

I shrug my shoulders,"What song is next?"

He looks at me incredulously for a moment.

"Winter by Vivaldi, it's my last song of the night." His eyes stray back to our hands and he raises a brow as he takes in the sound of the keys.

Too soon, the classical piece is over, but I grow excited to see what I could intwine into this next song.

"Okay, scoot over a little bit. I have an idea, but my hands will occasionally reach underneath yours. So keep your arms raised a bit, okay?"

He frowns for a moment but nods and moves into position.

I close my eyes and put my soul into the notes I release. All of my pain and suffering played by the sharp notes as my sadness and pity plays on the lower keys.

I pour it all into the movements of my poised fingers. Allowing my heart to create its own song to flow into Winter.

By the time I push the last note, I feel the moisture of my eyes and quickly wipe it away and stand up.

I take Victor's hand and pull him up and lead us over to the three waiting men.

I grin to them all and hold Victor and my hands up above my hand.

"I got him! Are you all ready to leave? Did you all get what yall needed?"

Brandon and Marc look at me with wide shocked eyes as they look from me to the piano behind us. I look away from them to Owen.

He gives me a millimeter smile as his eyes show pride and understanding.

"Yeah, we can leave now." Victor says finally, and we start heading to the exit.

"Good. Because I have some kinky sex to aquire this evening."

I hear three of them choke at my words, but I smile innocently at them.

"Oh god. I completely forgot about that promise I made!" Marc's voice is full of laughter as he sends a smile my way.

"Not just you. I won the poker game and chose Owen to go another round with me in the bedroom!"

This time, Owen chokes out trying to come up with something to say. The tip of his ears have gone red as he looks warily over at me.

"Miss....? I'm sorry, but none of us will be joining you tonight. We appreciate your help and offer, but -"

"Owen, I'm joking. I'm not going to just sleep with a bunch of guys I just met!" I laugh at his incredulous face, I can hear the other men join me.

By the time we've made our way safely outside, we just managed to get ourselves under control.

I step up to my waiting limo and look back at them.

"This is my ride. It was nice meeting you all."

Before I can turn back, Brandon calls out to me.

"Wait! What's your name?"

I contemplate what to tell them. I have many names to choose from.

But looking between them all, only one of those feel right.

"Sang. See you guys around!" I shoot a wink and slide into the soft seats.

I hope against everything to see them again. I'm not sure why I was asked to join this mission, when it seemed like they could have handled themselves, but each one of them made me feel lighter, more safe than I had in a long time.

If fate was ever real or kind to me, she would find a way for me to see them all again.

Here's to the hope.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.9K 2.2K 17
**COMPLETED** Sang Sorenson has finally found her pack. She has finally found a home. She is excited to be going to high school with the others but w...
2.5K 233 12
Sang Sorenson a woman with power. A ghost. A legend. A myth. Many think she's a just an old wives-tale in the Academy. One who can complete any missi...
485K 19.9K 33
Sang Sorenson has been chewed up and spit out by life too many times. Abused by her stepmother. Neglected by her father. Hated by her sister. Bulli...
160K 9.1K 22
Your prospects are limited when you don't exist, but Sang Sorenson has been getting by as a cashier in a grocery store after dropping out of high sch...