Your Safety Is My Priority

By HavenAngel05

As his childhood friend had finally recovered and got the news at the same time he left, what will Momo Hinam... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: I'll Protect You
Chapter 3: Lone Snowy Journey
Chapter 4: Memories And Promises
Chapter 5: Meeting You
Chapter 6: Execution Order
Chapter 8: The Pursuit in the Soul Society
Chapter 9: The Truth
Chapter 10: Ouin's Power
Chapter 11: Toshiro Vs. Everyone
Chapter 12: Bringing You Back
Chapter 13: Settling Things
Chapter 14: Aftermath

Chapter 7: Meeting of an Old Friend

80 1 0
By HavenAngel05

Ichigo woke up in an archetype surroundings; his inner world. He then saw an old man in black, who was standing in a black sword. "Zangetsu" he said

"We meet again Ichigo" Zangetsu replied

"What I saw, was that real?"

"Yes, it was a resonance. Two zanpakutos had resonated with one another thus allowing to reveal the past"

"Then?..."

"Yes, it was the indisputable truth"

"You mean, just because they have the same zanpakuto, one has to die? That's absurd! Why do they have to do that?" Ichigo asked him angrily

"That's how it was always been" Zangetsu replied while he jumped down from the sword he was standing and then walked his way to Ichigo.

"The laws that were sacred and revered is mostly for preserving the balance between the worlds" he continued.

"How about the feelings of other people, don't they care about that?"

"Don't joke around Ichigo. For us, those feelings shouldn't be important but instead the importance of the world should be. Think about it, isn't it the same in your world too? The heart of a human is nothing but weak. It tends to side with darkness, when hope is lost"

"No, that's where you're wrong! Toshiro isn't like how you describe just now"

"Oh and why do you think so?"

"Because..." Ichigo lowered his head and recalled his past

"When I was young, I used to see the world now just like he did" he continued.

-Flashback-

Young Ichigo run towards the river bank, only to be stopped by his mother.

"Stop Ichigo. Don't!" his mother then ran after him.

Moments later, Ichigo found himself lying down the grass, he then gasped at his mother's embrace wherein he saw her covered in blood.

-End of Flashback-

"After my mother died, I have bottled up so many emotions inside of me. I felt like I was drowning because of it. I thought back then, it was alright as this was supposedly my own burden to carry but what I didn't know and realize was that I was already hurting the people around me"

-Flashback-

Young Ichigo was seen watching the sunset by the side of the river, holding unto the straps of his backpack, he squat down and looked at his reflection in the river sadly.

Moments later, young Karin and Yuzu alongside their father came. Karin and Yuzu was running down the stairs and as they arrived behind Ichigo, they were panting. Ichigo looked at them and waved hello while forcing a smile.

-End of Flashback-

"He too have the same eyes that I have back there"

-Flashback-

Toshiro charged at Ichigo and as soon as their swords clashed, he muttered sadly "Please"

-End of Flashback-

"He's trying to carry all of his burdens alone" then with that a realization had hit Ichigo

"I see" Zangetsu looked at him in wonder as he said that. Ichigo stood up behind Zangetsu and spoke once more, "That's it, now I know what he's really trying to do. Arigatou (Thank you) Zangetsu"

He then ran forward, as he was doing so Zangetsu spoke "Don't fret now, once you've seen the truth" and with that he returned to his sword form. "Go Ichigo!"

Ichigo then came back to the real world and began releasing a massive reiatsu (Spiritual pressure) from the ice, that had him trapped, causing it to shatter. He had released his bankai in doing so. He then met up with Rukia, who was fighting with both Yin and Yang.

"Where's Kusaka?" he asked

"I'm sorry but he got away. By the way, are you alright Ichigo?" she asked

"Ah (Yes), I'm fine. I finally know now what Toshiro really wants to do"

Rukia looked at him and he nodded.

"Let's finish this two" he said and launched an attack towards the arrancar girls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Toshiro and Hinamori walked inside an abandoned factory when they felt a familiar reiatsu nearby. As soon as they entered, Toshiro was breathing heavily and this cause Hinamori to worry about his current state.

"Shiro, take it easy. You're still recovering, you might reopen your wounds again" she said

"I'm fine Momo" he replied and went ahead. What Hinamori didn't notice was the blood starting to stain the bandages covering his stomach region, indicating that his wounds reopened due to the sudden movement.

They went down the stairs and looked around. Then a voice called behind them, "It took you quite a long time to be able to find me Toshiro"

Both of them looked over to where the voice came from and they saw a masked man. The said man then removed his mask, earning a gasp from both shinigamis.

"Kusaka"

"Kusaka-kun" 

Before anything could be said by the two, Kusaka looked at his white haired friend and said "I stabbed you with Hyourinmaru to send you a message that I am alive. Now that you have meet me personally again, would you believe it now?"

Toshiro grunts as he asked that, he then continued "So my old friend, fate had really brought us back together again and it made you walk the same path as I did"

"What are you talking about?" Toshiro asked and Kusaka chuckled.

"You and I both know what the Gotei 13 is capable of, yet you still choose to stay and become one of them. Why did you do so Toshiro? Let me guess, that is because of you, right Hinamori-chan?" he replied and pointed at Hinamori, who was behind of Toshiro.

"Why are you doing this Kusaka-kun?" Hinamori asked

"Are you planning on taking revenge to the soul society?" she continued

"Revenge?" Kusaka chuckled

"Why would you think that I would actually do that? I am merely just taking my friend out of those pathetic shinigamis who severed our bond, but thinking about it, revenge doesn't seem so bad. Hinamori-chan, don't tell me you don't resent them when they are clearly giving an execution order for your childhood friend. Why don't the both of you just join me and end the reign of the Gotei 13?" he continued

"Enough Kusaka! Don't let Momo get involved, she has nothing to do with this. Now tell me where the ouin is?!" Toshiro said

"My my, someone's too excited for the plan. Don't worry the ouin is right here. It's overwhelming power can help us achieve our dream" Kusaka then extended his hand revealing the missing treasured artifact.

The ouin then began to emit light, so bright that it lighted up the factory.

'What's this?' Hinamori thought

"Our dream?"

"Yes"

"How do you know about the power of the ouin?! Just what are you planning to do Kusaka" Toshiro shouted

"I told you don't get so excited Toshiro, you'll know soon. Now then let us go. Hinamori-chan, you'll be coming with us too"

Toshiro then grunted in surprised, not noticing Hinamori approached him and hold his arm. Kusaka then laughed as the ouin grew brighter and engulfed the three of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<At the Karakura Town>

Ichigo clashed swords with Yang until they felt an overwhelming reiatsu nearby. He swing his sword to her and she step back from it laughing.

"Rukia, what is this overwhelming reiatsu?" he asked Rukia, who was fighting with Yin.

She swung her sword, earning a step back from Yin as well. She then replied, "I don't know, this is not a normal reiatsu. It's so pure and powerful, I have never felt like it before"

They then heard Yin and Yang giggling

"Is it wonderful? That is the power of the ouin. It has begun, our master and Hitsugaya Toshiro is now starting their revenge on the soul society" Yang said

"What?! That's impossible" Ichigo said

"The two of you are now the only hindrance in their way. A hindrance that needs to be eliminated and we will not let you interfere with their plans" Yin said and multiple hollows began to appear behind them.

"Hollows?" Rukia said shocked

"HOLLOWS ATTACK!!" both Yin and Yang ordered and the hollows then began to attack as ordered

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 153 10
Prejudical eyes followed Toshiro around as a child, before he went into the academy. He believed that no one outside granny and Momo thought of him a...
24.8K 769 18
Raised in a warm environment to two heroes, (Y/N) flourished amidst the warm cocoon of their love. The path to becoming a hero seemed like a natural...
6.8K 198 23
Part One Ichigo's always had a protective nature and a desire to help those who need it. These traits are reflected in his spiritual power and pressu...
19.7K 935 60
Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN BLEACH CREDITS GO TO TITE KUBO~SENSEI~~<3 Yuuki is a bright, cheerful, compassionate girl. She lived with her family in a hi...