Chaos Begins |One More High S...

Από Kathy_Marwin

𝗔 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿-𝗱𝗿𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗵𝘂𝗺𝗼𝗿 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗲𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿�... Περισσότερα

・・Before reading・・
▷ 1. CHOOSE CAREFULLY
▷ 2. THE CLASS BEING TALKED ABOUT
▷ 3. SECRETS ''KEEPER''
▷ 5. A SMALL REVERSAL
▷ 6. HOOLIGANS IN CAMP - PART 1
▷ 7. HOOLIGANS IN CAMP - PART 2
▷ 8. MEMORIES
・・Appendix・・
・・Awards + Thank you!・・

▷ 4. A NEW MEMBER OF THE DENEL'S

193 61 168
Από Kathy_Marwin

It was a new day and a new beginning. As she packed her things, Remi entered her new apartment for the first time. From now on, she will live in a big apartment in a small building with only a few surrounding ones.

She was more than excited (it's Remi, after all) because the defectologist is now her new mother. The two have known each other since the beginning of Remi's schooling, and Marisa has helped her with so much. The adoption process was, of course, complicated because Marisa did not have a typical family, but due to her influence on Remi's mental health, she was given an advantage and permission. 

She was bursting with excitement as well. In fact, she always wanted to have a child, but it never came true until this day.

Entering the apartment, Remi immediately ran to look around.

"Anyway, Remi, do you want to see your new room?" Marisa asked her.

"Oh, yes, yes!" Remi jumped out of excitement.

Marisa directed her.

As soon as she had taken one step into her new room, she immediately noticed a beanbag. That was it. This was the best room ever. She was going to spend so many nights on that thing. The other furniture was present as well, but Remi now only cared about the beanbag. All hail the beanbag!

"Oh my gosh, I love it!" she screamed in amazement.

"Great!" Marisa got excited too. "And don't worry, you can be as messy as you want. This is your personal messy corner, but make sure the rest of the apartment is somewhat in order. Is that fine by you?"

"Sure, can I call you mom?"

"Of course! It will be weird at first, but I'll get used to it. Anyway, let's look around, and I'll explain the rest."

"Okee doke!"

Marisa showed her where each room was, and she even drew a map of the apartment (yes, Remi needed a map). But there was also one warning that needed to be addressed.

"Listen, Remi, I have to mention," Marisa continued. "There is one room you're not allowed to enter."

"Oooh, which one?" Remi's eyes opened wide.

For her, what was forbidden was usually the sweetest.

"Kira's office." Marisa pointed to the room across the door. "She doesn't want you to go in there. It's practically a room where she spends most of her time when she's at home."

"That means most days?" Remi assumed.

"Yes, but sometimes she does her other jobs ..."

"What?"

"Oh, her other jobs. She doesn't only work as a teacher."

"Wow, I didn't know that."

This only made Remi more curious, so she knew it was time to start asking a bunch of questions.

"Eh, she doesn't like to share this information with students." Marisa scratched her neck. "I can't tell you about it because she's going to get mad."

"Anyway, you said you two got along well?" Remi asked, hopping around the area.

"Yes, I did, but not all the time, of course. But compared to my oldest sister, Kira is great." As she told her this, Marisa almost got childhood flashbacks. A shade fell on her eyes for a second.

Remi jumped on the purple and soft couch. "He he, when will I meet the oldest one?"

"Well, do you really need to meet her at all?" Marisa smiled awkwardly. "I wouldn't recommend it to you. She's so fake and arrogant and ... many other things."

"The principal? I heard some rumors about her."

"Probably true rumors. But if you really have to, she lives one flat above us. Yes, I know that's silly. She just had to move into the same building." She rubbed one finger over her upper eyelid.

"Ha ha, that's funny!"

"Uhm, sometimes, I suppose." That awkward smile was back. "We often argue from the balcony." 

"He he!" Remi still climbed the couch.

"So, do you want to know anything else?"

"Oh, yes! What's that evil sister's name?"

"Her name is Vivi."

"Wow, hah, that sounds sweet."

"She's not sweet ... in any way."

If someone asked Marisa, sweet would probably be the last word she would describe her older sister with.

"Woops! What about my class teacher?"

"Well, Kira is a good person who just doesn't understand she has the wrong approach. You know, the first time I told her I was about to adopt you, she had a, uhm, mixed reaction."

Two weeks ago ... (Yes, only two weeks ago.)

Marisa decided to tell Kira that she was about to adopt one of the students.

Kira lazed while sitting on the couch watching a football match. While she was thus engrossed in the match, her sister appeared behind her, waiting for her to notice.

"Hey, do you have a second?" Marisa asked.

Kira turned to her. "Yes, what do you need?"

"Can you turn off the TV first?" Marisa's voice could barely be heard due to this football match playing. "I have something important to say."

"Is it that important?" Her sister raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, it is."

"All right, say it," Kira agreed, still a bit uninterested.

Marisa clasped her palms and took a deep breath. "Anyway, I made an important decision."

"Are we getting rid of Vivi?"

"No, what's wrong with you! The thing is ... I am adopting a child."

"Excuse me, what!" Kira's face was filled with shock. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"The decision has already been made, and you'll have to accept it either now or later," Marisa relayed, all calm and collected. "Listen to me, you know very well that I've been planning this for a long time."

"But didn't you give up on that idea?"

"Obviously not."

Kira's whole body stiffened, glancing at her wide-eyed. "Marisa ... what hit you?"

"Nothing hit me." She confidently crossed her arms, even grinning slightly. "If you're interested in who exactly, that student is from your class."

"Alright ..."

"Remi Novel, sound familiar?"

"That savage in our apartment!" Kira winced, almost slipping from the couch. "There is no such chance."

"Yes, there is. This is my apartment, in case you forgot. Come on, can't you give her a chance?"

Kira paused for a moment. She needed to take a deep breath.

"Remi is ... a challenge. If you gave me ten kids and Remi, Remi would be the one harder to deal with. I tried to figure her out, but it didn't work." She tried to justify herself.

"Well, now you'll be able to get to know each other better."

"I know her well enough, and I know she's a brat."

Marisa leaned closer to her sister. "Come on, do it for me."

"You always have the 'for me' card."

"I know, and I know you can't say no to it." Marisa smirked.

"Sounds like emotional manipulation to me."

"Maybe a little, but really, this is for Remi. I know it'll be hard, but trust me, you can do it." Marisa patted Kira on the shoulder.

"All right, all right, you won," Kira finally relented. She sighed. "Ya hear me! I surrender. Bring Remi into the house for all I care."

"I knew you'd understand," Marisa cheered, feeling surprisingly victorious.

"Heh, take that as you want."

Kira was not at all pleased with Marisa's decision, but she couldn't change anything. It was well known to her that her sister could be a little ... pushy sometimes.

"And yes, that was roughly her reaction," explained Marisa.

"Why does she hate me?" Remi wondered, finally getting off the couch.

"She doesn't hate you, Remi. She just doesn't like how energetic you are."

"Ahaaa, so that's it! She doesn't like children with ADHD."

"You're her only student with ADHD. Besides, you're not just hyperactive because of ADHD."

" I'm a naturally explosive bomb!" Remi spread her arms in a silly way.

As these two were still talking, Kira came into the apartment, her face looking as if it had seen something undesirable, and along with that, Remi was also there.

"Hi," Kira spoke coldly.

"Hi, remember me?" Remi came to her with a creepily big smile.

"Yeah, besides, why are you talking to me so casually?"

"Ehem, because she can," Marisa added, looking at her sister with a serious expression. "Accept that, from now on, you are her aunt."

"Whatever," she replied and headed straight to her office.

"Anyway, Remi, I got to go to the store, and I'll be back soon. Don't break anything," Marisa said, patted Remi on the head, and soon left the apartment.

And it happened. Remi was left alone with her class teacher who was now her aunt. Now was her chance to do something impulsive. I know I'm not allowed to go to her office, but I'm not forbidden to at least knock on the door, Remi thought as she headed to Kira's office.

Knocking lightly, she waited for an answer. Kira opened the door quicker than expected.

"What do you want?" Kira questioned, staring blankly and leaning against the door.

"I want to hang out with you."

Kira tried to contain a sarcastic laugh. "Hah, in your dreams ... niece."

"You called me your niece. That's so sweet!" Remi screamed in excitement and moved closer to her.

"Ah, shut up." Kira covered her ears for a moment, feeling as if Remi's voice would never stop echoing in her head.

"Oh, oh, I'm sorry."

"Anyway, can you go somewhere else now?" Kira waved her hand.

Remi's already enormous smile reached her ears. "What are you hiding in your office?"

"I'm not hiding anything, and even if I was, it's none of your business. I didn't adopt you, so don't expect much from me."

"Well, to be fair, I've become part of the family. I'm the new Denel!" Remi cheered.

"Yes, you did, but that doesn't mean I'll take care of you." Kira's expression was still cold and blank.

"Okay, okay, I see we had a rough start—"

"Do you have any idea how much you interrupt in class?" Kira raised her voice.

Remi shook, and not knowing what to answer, she uttered, "Ummm ..."

"Almost every time you either talk to someone or deconcentrate everyone. You act like you can do whatever and all your actions will justified? Well, they won't." Kira pointed her finger in the middle between Remi's eyes. "Try to put yourself in my position for once in your life!"

"Y-you try to put yourself in my position. I have a mental disorder."

"Okay, I get it, but just stop!"

"I'm trying," Remi said in an embarrassed tone, avoiding her glance.

"Yeah, right," Kira claimed, crossing her arms.

"It's true though." Remi's cheerful smile vanished. "Why do you hate me, Kira?" she finally asked, trying to suppress the thought of this.

"First of all, you called me by my name. Secondly, I don't hate you, I just don't want you to change everything."

"Change what?" She remained confused.

Kira let out a frustrated sigh. "It doesn't matter ..."

"Oh, so I'm a nuisance," she concluded, her tone saddening. "You want me to go away, right?"

There was one thing she never wanted to be, but throughout her life always felt like and was told she was - a nuisance.

"I didn't say that. But yea, you can definitely get out of my sight."

"S-so you really do mean it." Remi eyes watered as tears slowly began to run down her cheeks.

"Are you crying?"

Remi began to sob and shake. Apart from sadness, there was anger, disappointment, and all the other emotions she was trying to suppress. Dark thoughts told her it was time to go mad, to show how she felt, but she didn't want to. She had already done it too many times.

"Ok, then!" Remi shouted through tears, not able to suppress the emotions that pierced her from the inside. "I'll go out of your sight! Because I'm a nuisance!" She ran to her room.

"Remi, wait!" Kira came out of her room. "You got it wrong... I didn't mean it."

"Did you? How could I know that?" She sniffed, covering her eyes.

Kira sat down next to her and handed her a tissue to wipe the tears. Remi didn't want to show her teary eyes yet, but she still took a tissue paper and wiped her wet cheeks which were dripping with mascara. She turned her head slowly towards Kira who was unusually patient, waiting for Remi to calm down at least a little.

A few minutes passed, and it seemed that Kira was about to say something. Remi waited for it, much more patient than usual, as she was still calming down.

"I didn't mean that, trust me," Kira answered at last.

"Oh, all right." Remi wiped the remaining tears, putting away tissues covered in a mix of tears and dark mascara. "I just wanted to be nice to you."

"You know how you can achieve that." Kira paused, not believing she was about to say this. "Try to interrupt less in the class."

"Oh ..."

"All right, at least try, and I'll try to be ... part of the family," she somehow uttered these words.

"Yay!" exclaimed Remi and hugged her new aunt.

"No hugs!" Kira snapped.

"Oops, my fault, he he." Remi let go of her hesitantly, almost like she was a plush toy she had grabbed at a random carnival. "Anyway, Kiraaaa, what do you have in your office?"

"You really don't want to change the subject, do you?"

"Not until you tell me." Remi's persistence reached an even higher level.

"All right, here's the deal. I'll open the door wide so you can see the room, but you won't enter. Do we have a deal?" Kira questioned, her expression still slightly irritated.

"Okay!"

"Great."

When she opened the door of her room, Remi saw something she hadn't expected. On the left wall hung a collection of guns, in the middle a desk, and on the right side a bed above which a stuffed bear's head was placed.

"Wow, you're a criminal," Remi concluded way too casually.

"No, I'm not."

"Then what's up with the guns?" She pointed at the wall.

"Well, it's my collection. I use them in my other jobs."

"Ooo, you mentioned other jobs."

"If you're really interested, when I'm not teaching, I hunt ... and catch mobsters."

"You catch who?!" Remi's eyes opened wide.

"Mobsters."

"That's so dangerous!"

"I know."

"But so cool!" She jumped and clapped her hands. "Oh, oh, but what does the police think about that?"

"They let my team do it, so I guess they're fine with us." Kira still couldn't believe she was actually telling Remi all of this. Maybe there is a chance she won't ask any more questions if I tell her about this myself, she hoped.

"But how?"

"What 'how'?"

"How aren't you just a strict and slightly crazy physics teacher?" A sparkle appeared in Remi's eyes.

"Well, I have no idea." Kira shrugged. "Also, the only reason I work as a teacher is that Marisa wanted me to have a stable job along with this one."

"Ha ha, I didn't know that."

"Hah, I guess you just don't know me well enough."

"Oh, but Auntie, you don't know me well enough either."

"Are you serious?"

"Veeery serious. I promise you'll love me, he he."

"About that ..." Kira looked away.

"Look at that, we're spending time together!" Remi moved towards her again.

"Should I look forward to that?"

"Of course! Mom would be proud."

"Yeah."

Remi paused for a second, grinning. "Anyway, can you show me where you keep ... you know ... women's thingies?"

"What do you mean?"

"The pads."

"Do you need them?"

"Yes, please."

"Find them yourself. I'm not your mother."

"Okee doke!"

Kira went to her room, even chuckling a little because of this interaction.

Later, Marisa returned from the store. After putting everything away, she walked into her sister's office, laughing strangely.

"Hey!" Marisa exclaimed, entering the room suddenly like a draft wind.

Kira sat at her desk, turning to her sister. "Do you need anything?"

"No, just wanted to ask if you talked to your niece?" Marisa winked.

"Yes, I did."

She moved swiftly towards her, smiling lightly. "So, how did it go?"

"Let's just say it went okay." Kira really didn't want to go into details.

"Oh, that's great to hear."

"Whatever you say, sis."

"I expected you would just ignore her on the first day but looks like you didn't."

"I didn't have much of a choice," Kira confessed.

"Ha ha, that's what you get with Remi."

Kira awkwardly added, "I showed her the office."

"Oh, really?" Marisa asked in surprise.

"Yes, she didn't want to leave me alone, so I relented."

"Sweet!"

"Don't say that, please."

"All right, all right. Anyway, I'll make dinner for the three of us."

"Will Remi be sitting next to me?"

"No, Remi will be decent and sit where you don't mind, I promise." Marisa gave her a small nod.

"Eh, as you say."

Marisa headed to the kitchen when Remi reappeared before Kira's door.

"Auntie!" she squeaked.

"What do you want from me?" Kira's voice sounded like a robot on a low battery.

"I found these men's boxer shorts on the couch, and that's weird because the three of us are all girls." Remi held a pair of boxers, smiling from ear to ear.

"Those are mine ..."

"Oh, sorry, sorry! Come to think of it, maybe they're from the girls' section, after all, he he." Remi realized she had messed up. Wait a minute! I don't even care about where they are from. Then why did I ask? Aha, because there was a possibility a pervert broke in. Or was there? Remi wondered as she had a monologue in her head.

"Ha ha ... ha," Kira snickered sarcastically, looking at Remi whose mind was somewhere else at the moment. "Just put them anywhere, I don't care much. Clothes are everywhere anyway."

Remi's attention was brought back. "Oh, ok then. I'll put them back on the couch, he he."

"Uhm ..."

"Oh, yeah, also, can I go meet my other aunt?"

"Ask Marisa, but Vivi lives in the apartment above us if you want to know. Just knock if you want to see her fake smile."

"Okee doke," Remi said, and after she got Marisa's approval, quickly left the apartment.

As she appeared in front of Vivi's white front door, she knocked on it a few times. Light footsteps approached the door, and not much later, the door opened.

"Hi!" Remi greeted.

In front of her, she saw her second aunt Vivi in a bathrobe without her dramatic make-up.

"Oh, pardon me, but do we know each other?" Vivi suspiciously gazed at an unknown teenager in front of her door.

"From school," Remi confirmed.

"Oh, oh yes, of course, my sister adores you. Therefore, what are you doing ... at my door?"

"I have some news for youuu!"

"For me?" Vivi got confused, placing her palm anxiously on her collarbone.

"Yes, for you." Remi stood in a cutesy pose.

"Does that have something to do with you talking to me like we've known each other for a long time?" She spoke in a soft voice, even though she didn't sound at all pleased with this.

"Yes, exactly! Your sister adopted me. Ta-dah!" Remi spread her arms like a playful child.

"She did what?!" Vivi shook.

"She adopted me. I'm her daughter now, he he. Do you know what that means?"

"Well, I suppose it means—"

"You're my aunt now. Can I call you Auntie?"

"You know what, little one, I will let you go inside first, and then let's talk a little." Vivi smiled from ear to ear, but it really couldn't be known if it was a sincere smile.

Entering the area, Remi saw the cleanest apartment ever. Everything was black and white and neatly arranged, which was the complete opposite of the mess Remi makes wherever she goes.  On the other hand, Vivi's life wasn't as tidy as her apartment. The whole place smelled like a strong perfume, and in addition to that, Remi also felt the smell of disinfectant. 

The two of them sat in the living room on a luxurious black sofa when Vivi brought a cup of tea for Remi.

"Make yourself at home." Vivi hosted her, gently placing a cup on the table.

"He he, thank you, Auntie."

She forced a light smile. "Well, don't fault me, but I'm quite mad at my sister for not telling me about this. That's why I'm not prepared. You see, darling, when you knocked, I just got out of the shower ..." Vivi blushed a little.

"I noticed."

"Um, I hope you don't mind me not wearing any makeup."

"Of course I don't mind, but you do look different."

"You mean horrendous, I know," Vivi spoke in a dramatic tone, placing her palm on her forehead.

"No, no, I don't mean that."

"Oh, all right." Vivi wasn't sure if Remi was telling her the truth. She kept eyeing her with some suspicion. "Anyway, do you maybe know why Marisa hasn't informed me beforehand about this?" she spoke, sipping her tea.

"She says you're not on good terms," Remi said as she drank the entire cup of tea in one go.

"She is correct, but she should be credited for our disagreements. After all, I didn't do anything to her." Vivi waved her elegant hands. "Remi, not to bother you ... wait, your name is Remi, right?"

"Yup, that's my name."

"Oh, at least I remembered something from Marisa's chatter about her students."

"He he, I really don't understand why Mom hates you. I don't hate you, Auntie, you seem reaaally cool."

Vivi paused. "Oh ... do you mean that?"

"Yupp." Remi's smile beamed.

"Oh, that's so sweet of you, darling!" Her aunt clasped her hands in delight. "But, Remi, there is something ... particularly, would you mind if I moved you to the exact middle of the sofa? When you're not in the middle, my nervousness overwhelms me." She pointed with her sharp black nail.

"Okay." Remi made a confused expression but she still moved to the middle.

"Splendid! Do you see the difference?"

"Not really."

"It doesn't matter, I see it," Vivi told her as she was fixing her messy hair.

Remi was wriggling on the sofa the whole time with her usual smiley face, and Vivi just looked at her with a confused look.

"Auntie, can I ask you something?"

Vivi gracefully sipped the tea. "Whatever is on your mind, darling."

"Are the rumors true?"

She almost choked on her drink. "W-which rumors?"

"For example, the one that says you had three failed marriages."

Hearing that, she sighed in a dramatic manner. "Oh, unfortunately, dearie, that one's correct. I don't want to talk about it if I don't have to, please."

"I'm just curious why they failed."

"My little one, I'll tell you one day, but first, I need to get to know you better. What do you say?" Vivi suggested, hoping she wouldn't need to tell her this anytime soon.

"Okee doke!"

"Great, I'm glad we can agree on that one." She breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yay!"

"Any more questions, my new niece?" Vivi tried to keep the smile on her face.

"Hmmm, is it true that you wash your hands about 30 times a day and press the light switch about 8 times in a row before entering or leaving the office?"

"Um, can we skip that one?" Vivi almost started sweating. "That topic makes me nervous as well."

"Um, okay? What is your favorite ice cream flavor?"

"Raspberry, and what is yours?"

"Chocolate, he he. Your favorite music genre?"

"Um, classical."

"Oh, I hate classical music."

"Pardon?"

"Never mind, Auntie, we'll find more common interests soon." Remi patted her shoulder.

Vivi winced at a touch. "Hah, of course, my dear." On the place where Remi touched her, she swept the fabric with a hand as if it was dirty. Pretending she hadn't done it, she forced a smile on her face again.

Remi snapped her fingers as she thought of a new very-much-not-desired question. "Auntie, is it true that you lie a lot?"

"W-who told you that, dearie? You must not believe every nonsense these sisters of mine say."

"You still haven't told me if it's true." Remi smirked.

"You know what, darling? Marisa must be looking for you since it's dinner time." Vivi got up somehow sloppily which, for her, wasn't usual. "How about you come back here some other day ... announced, if possible?"

"Oh, all right." Even Remi felt that Vivi wanted to drive her out of the apartment in a mild way.

"Well, see you soon," Vivi said last, directing Remi towards the exit and closing the door in front of her with that same forced smile.

Strange, Remi muttered to herself.

When she arrived for dinner, she had already received some questions.

"Remi, how did it go? Marisa wondered. "Also, dinner is ready."

"It was weird," Remi said.

"Just weird?" Kira was slightly surprised by that being Remi's only answer.

"Yeah, just weird. She seems super nervous but also keeps that all to herself."

"What an idiot," Marisa muttered.

Remi still didn't know the reason why the sisters quarreled, but she promised herself she'd find out even if she had to extract this information from someone by force (which would not be her first time), but in her specific way, better said Remi Way.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

46.7K 1.1K 46
Camilla has a talent for finding the wrong guys. That is until she meets Evan. She's sure her luck has changed. He's mature, sexy, commanding, everyt...
Life's Not All Roses Από wordistic_123

Εφηβική Φαντασία

746 278 32
{This is a first draft, so there would be mistakes.} "Someone once told me that we have 3 voices within, something that our heart desires to say, so...
192K 9.1K 39
Highest ranking : #4 humor [03/04/2020] - [05/04/2020] #9 Teen Fiction [25/09/2020] Crop tops, hem tops, cold shoulder tops: No Flannel shirts, comfy...
Attraction #Season 1# Από Jennifer Oraz

Εφηβική Φαντασία

409 59 12
Camilla is given a new life... a life away from her past...she believes. Despite her odds, this time, she manages to conceal it. But until when?.... ...