Our Battle

By VanyllaKookie

Let me introduce: Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung, Two lost souls in quest of a soulmate who meet through... A... More

Our Battle: Get to know the cast!
1. iDate
2. Challenge Accepted
3. Turn Around
4. Excuse me- what ?
5. Oh God
6. Intentions
7. Advice
8. Finally
9. Unlike Usual
10. Nightmare
11. Shut Up
12. Not Anymore
13. Cupcakes
14. Nothing Happened
15. Prank
16. Supermarket
17. Click
18. Other Level
19. Good Enough?
20. The Date
21. Doctor
22. Defeating Tornado
23. Away
24. Wondering
25. The Island
26. The meeting
27. Pain
28. Peace
29. Lighter
30. ASAP
31. Get it
33. Harsh
34. The call
35. Support and Affection
36. Lifeline
37. Rest
38. Liberation
Epilogue

32. Close

1.5K 88 7
By VanyllaKookie

The flight was not that long for our three friends yet, two hours had never felt so long. They can't stand waiting anymore. They want to get all this over with already, Jungkook could be dead right now and they weren't able to do shit about it. So indeed, they are stressed out, mad and above all madly worried.

"What now?" Jimin asks as they finally got out of the airport.

"Well, we hurry the hell up and head to the address that fat, rich man gave us." Suri responds as she speeds ahead of Namjoon and Jimin to call a cab.

"Night is falling though." Namjoon sighs turning his face towards the sunset.

He thinks they have to rest, the day has been long and nobody has been able to sleep given the current events.

"Y'all can go and book some hotel rooms, I'll go there and keep you update-"

"Hell no!"

"Yeah, no."

The others answer simultaneously. Letting Suri go anywhere alone in her current state of mind would be playing with fire. They will go with her whether she likes it or not, they promised Jiho and their respective boyfriends that they would be careful and even if they hadn't, they love Mama Jeon too much to let her take irrational decisions and do things that would put her in trouble.

"Good, now let's go." Suri smirks knowing that in the end, she ended up having it her way.

They don't have to wait for long before a man wearing a suit and a nice hat makes his way towards them.

"3 passengers?" He asks politely after bowing respectfully.

"Affirmative." Namjoon answers solemnly making Jimin giggle at his attempt to appear more gown and serious than he usually is.

I swear he thinks he's the main character. Jimin thinks, internally making fun of the older

"Alright. Where would you like to go?"

Suri hands him the paper.

"This address." She answers shortly, with a clear tone of anxiousness and urgency.

Thus, they all get into the large, black Hyundai towards the place Jungkook supposedly works at..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Han Daeshim, Shin Iseul and I used to do medical studies in the same university, in Seoul. Iseul and I took biology, Daeshim followed the surgery course. We had another friend, her name was Whang Hae-Yeon. But she quit during the first year because she had to take care of her dying father." Aiko starts explaining factually.

"We stuck together throughout our studies, helping each other on particularly hard times, when one of us though about giving up. But we eventually made it.

After we graduated, we decided that we would move out of Korea and explore the world to add a plus to our certification. We sought inspiration from medicine practices around the world. We went to Europe, America, Southern Asia, Africa...

Then we decided to settle in Jeju-do. Iseul's family owns this hospital and he is actually the next in line to be its director, after the death of his father. In the meantime, he serves the hospital as a devoted doctor.

Daeshim has no family, he was adopted after his biological mother abandoned him. His adoptive parents died in a car crash. Therefore we are everything he has, his bestfriends. This is what made him want to stay close to us, hence the fact that he woks as a surgeon in the same hospital as Iseul. As for me... Well as you can see, I chose a different path."

Jungkook simply nods with big, attentive eyes way too immersed in the story.

"This is due to my psychic abilities. Today's medical field does not attach importance to such "shenanigans" as they like to call it. They are heavily pragmatic, mathematic and mundane. They do not tolerate the idea that innate, god given abilities can be just as powerful and efficient as empirical knowledge.

Despite my long studies, I did not wish to enter that industry. Increasingly, doctors become more attracted, encouraged and motivated by money rather than by their initial mission; which consists in saving their fellow human beings. A lot of members of the medical field are also corrupted by lobbies as well as certain governments. Together, they manipulate the population just to enjoy their interests; as in the benefits of toying with people's health.

There is so much going on unbeknownst to the peoples around the globe. I am extremely grateful for the fact that some truly altruistic doctors like Iseul and Daeshim remain, even though they might not be numerous."

The younger is now in a loss of words.

"I have decided to stay true to myself and fulfill my mission. I'm offering hospitality regardless of money and I live humbly. I was made to genuinely love my fellow beings and heal their pain, help them heal or help them in any way.

Of course, I do so with the help of my academic education but to that, I add a glimpse of "magic"; the spiritual and natural dimension of medicine. And my path towards it was made possible by Indian, African, Arab, South American or Native people. For no university in the world would teach you such things.

Now my mental ability was given to me by God but I am not a magician who'll make all the suffering disappear in no time. I also have limits; I can't help those who don't want to be helped for instance. Even though Iseul and Daeshim are not psychics, we have the same mindset. This is why we are still so close today." Aiko puts an end to her story with a gentle smile full of love and nostalgia.

And suddenly, it is as if Jungkook was seeing a halo of light surrounding Aiko, her fine features are illuminated, her dark wrinkled skin is shining, her jet black almond eyes have never seemed so bright, her grayish hair have turned into soft silver strings. Jungkook is truly in awe as the words get stuck in his throat. This lady was right; she is nothing like an ordinary person. Could it be that she's his guardian angel? Is he dreaming? He now feels the urge to breathe, the will power to stay alive just by looking at her and letting her light warm his whole system.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"So this is the restaurant that ugly pig was talking about?" Suri asks as she eyes the front of the large building.

It is surrounded by a breathtaking viridescent landscape in contrast with the blue gradient of the endless ocean. The whole atmosphere is lit up by the eager sunrays running around the island to fall on the on the greenery and azure waves. All this is however savagely ignored by our three protagonists here.

"Apparently. Let's get in and ask for the director." Namjoon answers.

They do so without further delay. The place is crowded yet quite peaceful as people are eating with jazz music, chatter and cutlery clinking as a background noise. The three newcomers suddenly feel like intruders as they receive strange stares, probably owing to the way they are dressed. After all they are standing in a luxurious place, everyone but them seems to be wearing unaffordable clothes and don't get me started on the way they behave. They appear to be coming straight out of a French XVIIIth century castle.

"Hello, do you have a reservati-"

"I'd like to speak to your manager." Suri asks, making Namjoon and Jimin cringe because she sounds like a specific type of women- scratch that. More like a whole different species of living being whose name I don't need to remind you.

"Hum... May I know why?" The man asks quite fearfully as he is faced with dark, piercing eyes boring right into his soul.

"Well I don't think it's any of your busin-"

"What she means is that we are looking for someone and it turns out that this person may be one of your co-workers."

"What is their name, then? I'll tell you whether I know them or not."

"Jeon Jungkook, a 26 year-old ma-"

"Never heard of him. Now if you are not here to consume I am afraid I will have to escort you out-"

"Listen here you musty ass bitc-"

"Mom!" Namjoon whisper-yells as he prevents his mom from getting any closer to the man who is now ready to call the cops on them.

Suri takes a deep breath. "One... Two... Three..."

As she keeps counting silently, Namjoon and Jimin make their way closer to the receptionist. The younger knows his temper and he tries his best to stay calm despite the scornful gaze the seemingly stuck-up man directs at them. They can't fuck this one up; this is the only chance they have to find Jungkook's location.

"Listen, the situation is urgent we really need to have a talk with your manager because-"

"She's busy, she can't possibly let herself be disturbed by some random strangers from the lower class who-"

"What the fuck did you just say you ugly ass piece of shit!? How are you gonna talk about 'lower class' when you're over here looking like a motherfucking baboon with a whole ass broom up your hairy stank ass-" He doesn't get to finish as Namjoon abruptly covers his mouth, embarrassed by all the stares they are receiving from the commotion.

Well, there goes Jimin's self control.

A middle aged woman suddenly storms her way to the group, her blonde hair tied into a neat bun completing her elegant burgundy fitted suit. The clicking noise of her spike heels echoes around the place that has now become silent as people watch the spectacle.

"Will someone tell me what on Earth is happening here?" She asks angrily crossing her arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 5.3K 24
[Completed] Taehyung's long term trauma has never ceased to an end when his parents had both died in tragedy. Constantly hidden from the world,Taehyu...
804K 35K 88
A bad romance. Full of love, hate and revenge. When jeon jungkook a university heartthrob and Kim Taehyung a new student, known for his ethereal face...
1M 60K 74
Taehyung: He is cold, expressionless and rigid. Seokjin: He's carefree, loving and patient. "Can you help me forget my past?" This is a TAEJIN fanfic...
196K 9.6K 26
Taehyung, living in a perfect life with a good job and a beautiful girlfriend, Meet with an accident... waking up after several months, paralce of re...