A Little Help from a Snake...

By onyxjay

(Aka the Tomalongadingdong™ fic) It was a normal day for Harry. He woke up, made breakfast for his relatives... More

Before You Read
0: Prologue
1: The Letter*
3: All Aboard!*
4: Getting Sorted Out
5: Severus Snape
Part 6*
7: Dobby
8: Train Has Left the Station*
9: Ripping and Tearing is Kinky
10: The Legendary Chamber*
11: Lockhart is Still Alive
12: Diary of a Teenage Voldemort
13: Thnks fr th Mmrs*
14: The Nicknames Begin*
15: The "Rescue"*
16: Going Down Like a Lead Balloon
17: A Grim Tale
18: Diagon Alley*
19: Lone Wolf*
20: This Is What You Came For, Isn't It?
21: Mapped Out
22: Monster in the Wardobe
23: Snape Adopts a Teenage Dark Lord
24: Tiny Blond Fucker
25: The Man Who Cried Werewolf*
Part 26*
Part 27
28: Dun Dun Dun!
Part 29*
Part 30*
Part 31
Part 32*
33: Harry the Heinous*
34: A Serious Discussion About Gas
35: Finally Fourteen
36: Something of a Riddle
Part 37
38: Raining on One's Parade
Part 39
Part 40
41: Cliffhanger in Part 40
42: Can I Get a Fuck No!
43: Calmly™
Part 44
45: The Skrewts Started the Fire
Part 46
47: Sixteen Going on Seventeen
Part 48
49: Caught Six-Legged
50: Snape, Snape, Swearverus Snape
Part 51
Part 52
53: Baby, It's Cold Outside*
Part 54
Part 55
56: The Lion, the Witch, the Audacity of This Bitch
Part 57
Part 58
(Somewhat) Updated Reading Checkpoint
59: Caught Pink-Handed!
Part 60
61: Spring Has Arrived
Part 62*
Part 63
64: Back Home
65: Ding Dong! Tomalonga is Back!
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
69: The Party for the Bonding Ceremony
70: The Actual Bonding Ceremony
71: The Aftermath of the Bonding Ceremony
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Epilogue
Thank You! (Again)

2: And They Were Soulmates*

26.9K 831 562
By onyxjay

Revised: March 14, 2022

There are a couple important notes for new readers (and a reminder for rereaders) at the bottom.

——————————

Summary: Oh my gosh, they were soulmates.

'Hatchling? Harry, are you okay?'

Harry managed to mumble something back incoherently and opened his eyes a crack.

"You're awake," the goblin healer said, sounding slightly surprised. "Can you sit up?"

Harry blinked a few times and slowly pushed himself upright. "I feel weird."

The healer helped Harry stand up and led him to the mirror on the wall. Harry looked at himself. He still looked relatively the same, except now he had grown a bit taller and was less scrawny. "Hm," he muttered to himself. "Maybe I'll actually grow over five feet."

Azure let out a hissed chuckle and even the healer looked amused. "Are you feeling well enough to speak with Griphook?"

"Yes, ma'am."

The healer once again directed him, this time back to the room where Harry had been previously.

Griphook jumped right to it. "Mr. Potter, I have been reviewing the parchment and noticed something very interesting."

Very interesting could mean very good or very bad, so Harry leaned forward with some trepidation.

At the bottom of the parchment, under the compulsions that were no longer on him, read:

Soulmate: Tom Riddle

Harry tilted his head. "Who's Tom Riddle?"

Griphook looked at him steadily. "You know him as Lord Voldemort."

Harry froze. Beside him, Azure lifted her head. 'That explains it.'

Harry turned to her. 'Explains what?'

'Why he couldn't kill you,' Azure said. 'Legend has it that soulmates cannot willingly try to kill each other.' She tilted her head in that way Harry came to know as a snake shrug. 'Or so I've heard.'

Harry's mind was still trying to process the first bit of information. "My soulmate, as in the person I am meant to be with, is the Dark Lord?"

"The parchment doesn't lie, Mr. Potter," said Griphook.

"I know, it's just a lot to take in." Harry ran a hand through his hair. "How is this supposed to work? How can I be his soulmate? He's gone!"

"Gone, yes," said Griphook. "But that does not mean he is dead."

Harry closed his eyes briefly. He had to get out before he did something asinine like scream. "Shall we go over the vaults?"

Griphook diplomatically ignored the waver in his voice. "We shall."

Once Harry had everything he needed, including his trust key, he left Gringotts. He let his bangs cover up his forehead, knowing that as soon as people saw the scar it would be chaos.

His first stop, per Azure's suggestion, was Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, where he was greeted by a squat, smiling witch. "Hogwarts, dear? Got the lot here — a young lady being fitted up just now, in fact."

A girl with dark, curly hair looked up as Harry stepped onto a stool next to her.

"Hey," she said.

"Hi," replied Harry. She didn't look particularly interested in talking, so he didn't offer anything.

Madam Malkin was a quick worker. In no time at all, she had finished pinning up the robes she had put over Harry and sent him on his way. Harry thanked her and paid.

"See you at Hogwarts," he said to the girl.

"You too."

His next stop was Scribbulus Writing Instruments. As he was looking at a particular quill that changed color, a woman bustled by with three boys. All of them had the same flaming red hair.

The youngest male, who was rather tall for his age, was grumbling to himself. Harry had been too preoccupied to catch what he said, but when he focused, he heard the boy's mother in response.

"I know, Ron. But we really ought to get your other things. Your supplies, for instance."

"You let Percy stay behind at Flourish and Blotts," Ron pointed out. "I bet he's gonna get himself an extra book or two that's not on the list."

The older boys, clearly twins, snickered. "Yes, Percy."

"Perfect Percy."

"Perfect prefect Percy."

Harry looked away, trying to stifle his laugh. Unfortunately, he was not quiet enough as the twins turned toward him.

"Another ickle first year," one of them said quietly.

"I say we talk to him!"

Harry watched them warily as they approached. "Hello," he said. "What year are you?"

"We'll be starting our third year," the first twin told him proudly.

"Amazing we came this far, if I'm being honest," the second one added. "Anyway, I'm Fred. And this is George."

Harry looked between them, taking notice of the mischievous glints in their eyes. "Are you sure it's not the other way around?"

Their jaws dropped, then they grinned. "Well —"

"— well —"

"— well. Looks like we got ourselves a smart little firstie, Freddie."

"It certainly seems that way, Georgie. Pleased to meet you. What's your name?"

"James," Harry answered, deciding to go for a half-truth.

"Nice to meet you, James!" George grabbed Harry's hand, almost making him jump, but all he did was shake it enthusiastically.

"Pleasure to meet you," Fred added, also shaking his hand.

"Boys!" their mother called. "Stop bothering the poor dear and let's go."

"Coming!" they chorused.

"Later, James."

Harry watched them leave, shaking his head slightly.

'They look like trouble,' Azure remarked gleefully.

Harry snorted in amusement and continued on.

He went to a variety of other shops, including the one called Flourish and Blotts, and purchased his required materials. The last item on the list was his wand, which he was most excited for.

He entered Ollivanders, where he was greeted by an old man who startled him with his greeting.

"I thought I'd be seeing you soon. Harry Potter. You have your mother's eyes."

I'm pretty sure these are mine, actually, was what Harry wanted to say. Instead, he said, "Excuse me, Mr. Ollivander, I don't mean to rush you, but I need to get going soon." He was not about to call Privet Drive his home.

"Of course, of course." Mr. Ollivander pulled out a tape measure. "Which is your wand arm?"

"My right." This was technically true; however, thanks to Dudley and his gang, he had learned how to use his left hand as well to accommodate for broken bones.

Mr. Ollivander took several measurements with his tape measure, which Harry noticed was moving on its own. "Right then, Mr. Potter. Try this one. Beechwood and dragon heartstring. Nine inches. Nice and flexible. Just take it and give it a wave." Mr. Ollivander snatched it back almost immediately and handed him a maple wand, only to take that back as well.

Several wands later, with Mr. Ollivander getting happier and happier for some reason despite them all failing, he finally pulled out a holly wand with a phoenix feather core. When Harry took it, he felt a rush of warmth and swished it, sending a stream of gold sparks into the air.

"Oh, bravo!" Mr. Ollivander exclaimed. "Yes, indeed, oh, very good. Well, well, well... how curious... how very curious..."

Harry glanced at him, puzzled. "Sorry, but what's curious?"

"I remember every wand I've ever sold, Mr. Potter. Every single wand. It so happens that the phoenix whose tail feather is in your wand, gave another feather- just one other. It is very curious indeed that you should be destined for this wand when its brother — why, its brother gave you that scar."

Was it because they were soulmates or merely coincidence? Harry wondered. It wasn't something he could ask, unfortunately; he didn't want to risk this additional relation with Voldemort spreading to the wrong people, like Dumbledore.

Harry left Ollivanders and headed inside Eeylops Owl Emporium. There was a variety of owls, barn, screech, tawny, brown, and many others. Harry's attention was drawn to a particular snowy owl, who stared right back at him with a sharp amber gaze. Perfect. He bought her and all her necessities and left feeling quite happy with himself.

——————————

Important things to remember moving forward:

1) I changed it so Tom made his first Horcrux at age fifteen instead of sixteen to close the age gap; in addition, he does not age in the diary (this is kinda a given when you consider canon, but I wanted to make a note of it anyway)

2) If it were the noseless egg dude, I'd have tagged this as Harrymort and not Tomarry. From my understanding, that's the distinction.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 2.1K 40
චෙරි මල් පිපේවි... වසන්තයට කලියෙන්ම... 🖇️🍁
1.2M 30.5K 24
Secrets, lies and deceit are something Harry Potter has been living with for 4 years. An unmissable opportunity arises and Harry grabs it with two ha...
1.7K 161 8
Name - THE DOMINEERING GLUTTON OF THE FUTURE Type - web novel Genre - Comedy, Fantasy, Josei, Romance, Action Tags - Authors - Yan Shi Myanmar trans...
230K 7.6K 9
Harry Potter x Theodore Nott Mature because of a few graphic scenes. AU. Harry was born with a power the Dark Lord knows not: the magic to see into...