WHEN YOU LOVE

By AmariOkito

Who said finding love makes things simple? For Lee, it's probably the most challenging part. Bonus chapters o... More

YOU ASKED FOR IT
WALKING CHAOS [CAST, SKIP IF YOU WISH]
XMAS MAYHEM
HOW ABOUT IT?
FOR YOU
MORNING, 2022
BLOODY HELL
BULSSANG GIRL x ULZZANG BOY
ALL THAT MATTERS
PINCH ME
HOME
FIRST DAY
SHUT YOUR TRAP
FIZZY LOVE
HIS BOLLOCKS
A GOOD THING
TEENS AND GENES
FROZEN EGGS
SELFISH
CRY, BABY
THE OX'S TALE
CROCODILE TEARS
NOT LIKE THIS
SCRAMBLED EGG
BREAKING EGGS
HARRY, WHERE ARE YOU?
JOLIE HOLLIE
ISLE OF DOUBT
FAITHLESS
TRUCE AND DARE
FORTY DEGREES RISING
CROSSFADING
FACE UP
COYOTE UGLY
WORSE FIRST
PINNED UP
007
SPELLBOUND
FUERZA
QUE SUSTO*
GINGER SPICE X ALL THINGS NICE
TIME TO CHANGE
WHEN YOU LOVE

NEW YEAR

164 34 16
By AmariOkito

Lee tried not to ask Sana if she thought of his request, but he expected Sana to ask questions relating to the move. The woman didn't; thus, Lee lived a week in total turmoil where he had no clue about her thoughts.

His heart hadn't skipped as many beats as then. Yes, falling for Sana was the unexpected electroshock that revived his soul from the dead. Now it pumped full regime for her, but the organ could fail him for the same reason.

It was difficult keeping a lid on an emotion that just wished to rampage through everything on its passage.

They had their usual Visio calls. Lee got a glimpse of her multiple Undies pajama range.

Each outfit had its implicit intention.

Disney Princesses and cartoon characters were for when she was in a good mood. Luckily for Lee, he saw them on most days.

The bad time of the month had its all-black Star Wars Darth Vader theme. As the days passed, Lee would see R2D2 or recently baby Yoda, which meant she was at the end of the ketchup war that month.

Taking off Sana's pajamas was like unwrapping a gift where lace, polka dots, and hearts burst into his eyes sight.

Lee was observant of Sana just as she was of him. Their relationship wasn't a year old, and they were still in that apprenticeship phase where they learned what made each other tick positively and the stuff that ticked them off.

In love, Lee didn't want Sana out of his eyes sight.

How he wished to see Sanas' pajamas every day, the man thought as he prepared the salmon toast for their new years' dinner. Lee liked to cook; the activity appeased him.

Cooking had helped him during his divorce. Back then, the man imagined how he could get rid of the two women who destroyed his life. The man would slap and beat pizza dough like a punching bag and feel relievedㅡthe sound of the blender, which usually annoyed, nibbled the humming of murderous intentions.

Lee smiled as he told Micheal he would not rewrite a single scene. The disastrous period was almost a necessary stage. Now Lee cooked with the only intent to motivate a smile and a compliment from Sana like a puppy wagging his tail.

The doorbell rang, and lee wondered why? He wasn't expecting anyone. He still had an hour before going to Kings Cross to pick Sana up and wished everything perfect.

The dring sound got on his nerve, but he preferred to make the person wait as he popped the toasts in the fridge. Finally, he went to the door.

"Oy, stop with that shi-," Lee blinked in dismay as he swung the door open to reveal the visitor, "Sana, what are you doing here?"

"Aren't you happy to see me?"

"Yes, I'm justㅡ," the man remembered they stood on his doorstep, "come in. What happened? I still have an hour to go in my mind," Lee said. Did he forget at what time she was supposed to arrive? Gosh, Lee, don't get forgetful now that the man. No, it wasn't the moment to do things that could sway Sana's opinion about moving in with him.

Not picking her up wasn't a criminal offense, but Lee was part of the be constant lot. He always picked her up, and Lee didn't want Sana to think he got lazy now the relationship had settled.

"I didn't want to waste a moment. I booked a flight earlier this week," Sana said as she took off her shoes. She stood up and tilted her head to the side, "Lee, you don't seem happy."

She was eager to see him. The woman evicted all thoughts making the man her only question. Lee spent a week comfortably occupying every one of Sana's pondering stances. Should she or should she not move in with him?

Sana was sure her early arrival in London would be a pleasant surprise, but the man's current expression made her doubt.

"I amㅡ, forget it," the man approached and wrapped her in his arms, "I'm glad you're here, Iㅡ," he kissed her forehead, "ㅡmissed," he kissed her nose, "ㅡyou," he kissed her lips passionately dissipating every doubt she had in an instant. "Just don't go in the kitchen," Lee said when he released her lips.

Sana grinned, "I don't know what you're cooking, but it smells terrific."

The smile, Sana's face alone made the fireworks burst before midnight.

"Listen, all you've got to do is sit down and relax."

"Okay," Sana looked about the room. The house was soundless, "where's Dylan?"

"He's at Camille's."

"So it's just the two of us?"

"Yes, mam," Lee replied before hurrying to the kitchen to check on the oven on the confit turkey. A heatwave of spice hit his nose.

It looked good; Lee was ahead of time. He could have invited Sana to eat in a chic restaurant but preferred the intimate tête-à-tête. Lee had heard that the way someone spent their year was how they would end it. The man wished his to start and end with Sana.

They began to eat the entrees around 8 PM. The hour was something Lee had to adapt. The British ate dinner between 6:30 and 8 PM and the French between 7:30 and 9 PM. Also, the French took their time and talked a lot. Lunch was a great example. While the English could eat their lunch box within thirty minutes, the French needed the hour and went to the restaurant for lunch.

"How was your week?" Lee asked once he put down his flute of champagne.

"One-word returns. I truly hate the week after Christmas."

Everyone knew after the euphoria of gift buying came the Christmas present returns or, worse, refunds. Sizes too small or too big. Wrong styles, Sana and Bea, spent their week at the tills.

One particular call from a customer marked Sana's week. The woman lied to her husband about her foot size, saying she was a UK5 when she was a UK7. The man had bought the shoes one month and a day ago, which meant he passed the exchange date by one day. His wife begged on the phone, "I want the shoes so bad, and I couldn't come to the store myself; I'm pregnant, and it's far for me. I finally admitted my foot size, I'm a day late, but please can my husband exchange it."

The store manager was perplexed. How could a husband not know or even not secretly check the size? Like didn't the man ever look at his wife's feet? It was dumb to keep such a secret.

Sana was curvy. She didn't see herself telling Lee she was a size 8Uk with her booty and bosom so big.

Lee would probably reply, "Huh, Sana; I'm old but not blind, like you can multiple your equation by two."

"Someone has to explain to me why people buy anything to say they have the brand under the Christmas tree? Also, I'm fed up of parents who come saying my kid wants this, but I'm buying this instead, because well, I'm paying for it."

"Some parents have a hard time seeing their kids as individuals. They tend to see their children as an extension of themselves."

"That's just soㅡ, anyway. The week is over.

It was Lee's cue to switch on the music and Swedish Mafia's house It Gets Better boomed. The song was one of the years' electro hits and part of the now producers' playlist.

"Isn't Rekus playing tonight?"

"He is."

"Aren't you going?"

"Well, I thought you'd prefer to spend a quiet night you worked and-.

Sana's eyes shone, "actuallyㅡ."

Lee lowered his gaze, "you want to go?"

Sana nodded, "I want to go."

Rekus was one of the three artists who worked with Lee. The crowd picked up on his sound; thus, the venues multiplied. Rekus headlined at The Egg, one of the best nightclubs in the capital. It wasn't The Ministery of Sound, but Lee was sure someone, see all three artists, would make it.

Lee didn't see himself in the front scene at his age; he wasn't Cerrone. The man was more than happy accompanying a new generation.

"Alright, let's eat then," Lee looked at his watch. The set was scheduled from 11 PM till 3 AM. Lee and Rekus had scrupulously calibrated the four-hour set and prepared backup. Genius, the youngest of his artists, supported the Dj.

Lee didn't have in mind to drop in, but Sana hyped him. Her enthusiasm was another thing he loved. For years his passion was one he lived alone. It felt good to know not only did Sana support him, but she enjoyed his music.

They ate and drank in moderation.

At 11: 15 PM, Lee waited for Sana, who brought the finishing touches to her look.

"So, what do you think?"

Sana added mousse in her hair to frost her waves. She wore a black body with a cut out at the hips, a short bomber jacket, and faux leather pants.

"I think I should lock you in my bedroom." The man loved her attire and the way she assumed her body.

"Lee," she moaned.

The man didn't know, but part of the confidence Sana came from his loving stare.

"Alright, let's go."

They took a taxi that dropped them off right before the venue and entered like superstars while people queued.

Lee held Sana's hand as they made their way through the mass of ravers. Latex, fishnet tops, stockings, fluorescent pants, Sana was glad to see she fit the theme with her outfit.

It almost took them ten minutes to get to the booth where Rekus mixed.

"Lee," Genius yelled. Rekus, who held headphones to his ear, gave the nod.

"How is it going?" Lee asked while Sana handed him her jacket, which he placed next to where Rekus and Genius had theirs.

"Great, so far," Genius said in his ear.

Lee quickly looked at the playlist on Traktor. The turntables era was far behind for most artists. All one needed nowadays was a laptop and good Djing software. One could still scratch and blend vinyl, the method remained common in HipHop venues, but the new system was more practical.

During that time, Sana danced. Lee watched her for a couple of minutes. Her gaze locked on his, and Lee had the impression she moved for him. They were ten minutes to midnight, and of course, it wasn't long before a man tried to grab Sana's waist.

Lee left the booth to fend for his. The dancer left Sana, who placed her arms around Lee's neck while he put his on the cutout of her hips as they bopped to the sound.

"Alright, we're one minute away from 2022."

A tick-tocking sound mixed with electro boomed through the sound systems.

Lee leaned, "are you okay?"

Sana nodded and leaned to whisper, "yes, the music is great."

"Thirty seconds, guys. 2022 here we come."

"I'm happy to be here," Sana yelled.

"I'm glad to be with you."

"In ten, nineㅡ."

"I want to live with you, Lee."

Lee frowned. Did she say she loved him too?

Sana smiled and leaned. With the music, it was hard to hear, so she repeated, "I want to live with you, Lee."

"Happy New Year."

Lee gazed into her eyes, "you want to?"

Sana nodded, grasped his face with both hands, and kissed him. She then whispered in his ear, "all I want is you."

New Year, theirs started with a kiss and a yes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 245 18
[Completed]" we were in love but i don't know how it all happened and now I ....I-I live with my son" This is a story of a single mother based on rea...
Amour By sam

Romance

6.6K 204 18
Have you ever been in love, having that warm fuzzy sensation coursing through your body? It's a wonderful feeling, so complete and whole. It's amazin...
24 9 6
It can be tricky to find the meaning of yourself, when it's been thought of for you since you were young. For zed that's all he ever known, having h...
4K 1.3K 165
Highest Ranks: #1 in poetrycommunity 10/11/19. #6 in poetrybook 10/11/19. #2 in eroticpoetry 2/10/2020. Created & Published: 10/24/2018. Completed:...